1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Default Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to ALL fathers!

in our lives few will EVER have a greater impact to shape our view of ourselves as our fathers have ... ALL of it impacts! If he was there, if he was not. if he cared, if he did not. if he was kind and gentle and loving, or if he was stoic, and silent and taught power in whatever form he knew it ...

sons, emulate ~ daughters look to see what they will accept from men by what their father teaches them .. IMPORTANT role and one that is not easy.

I want to acknowledge each and every father who has walked this path and thank you for every bit of kindness, every expression of love, every bit of compassion and gentleness that you have EVER taught .. you had an audience ...

THOSE particular actions and choices are responsible for the kindness, love, compassion and gentleness that exists in our world today and into the future ...

I AM ever thankful for your part in creating that. yours is a daunting role that nothing can really prepare you for! ~ truly it takes courage!

you are seldom allowed to be wrong, to make mistakes, to be human, to have needs or feelings ... today, i pray that you will be granted ALL of the above in love and peace and joy by those in your life to whom you have played this role straight from your heart ... ❤

Happy Father's Day to ALL men who have courageously stepped up to play the role, either by blood or by courageous choice like our beloved Bill .. who has certainly stepped up to play that important role to all of us here

please know your part was integral in the formation of a life .. and thereafter the impact on our planet

(6-15-14)
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2021), Bluegreen (21st June 2021), DeDukshyn (21st June 2021), Harmony (21st June 2021), Hym (21st June 2021), Ioneo (21st June 2021), Mercedes (21st June 2021), onawah (21st June 2021), pyrangello (21st June 2021), RunningDeer (21st June 2021), Sue (Ayt) (21st June 2021), Tintin (21st June 2021), Tyy1907 (21st June 2021), Victoria (21st June 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father’s Day

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2021), Bluegreen (21st June 2021), DeDukshyn (21st June 2021), Harmony (21st June 2021), Hym (21st June 2021), iota (21st June 2021), Mercedes (21st June 2021), pyrangello (21st June 2021), Tintin (21st June 2021), Victoria (21st June 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,990 times in 2,110 posts

Today is my dad's 89th fathers day and my mom's 82cd birthday, what a grand site to see them tonight dancing to Frank Sinatra in the garage. . There are many precious things on this earth, this was one of those moments.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2021), Bluegreen (21st June 2021), DeDukshyn (21st June 2021), Harmony (21st June 2021), Hym (21st June 2021), iota (21st June 2021), Mercedes (21st June 2021), onawah (21st June 2021), RunningDeer (21st June 2021), Sue (Ayt) (21st June 2021), Tintin (21st June 2021), Victoria (21st June 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    Today is my dad's 89th fathers day and my mom's 82cd birthday, what a grand site to see them tonight dancing to Frank Sinatra in the garage. . There are many precious things on this earth, this was one of those moments.
    RECORD it pyrangello!!

you MUST have a permanent record of that incredible sight!!

you are SO fortunate

a blessing beyond words ...

so happy for you!

please wish your father .. a

Happy Father's day from all of us!

in my mind .... i imagine ...

Last edited by iota; 21st June 2021 at 08:02.

so that any adversary

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2021), DeDukshyn (21st June 2021), Harmony (21st June 2021), Hym (21st June 2021), Mercedes (21st June 2021), RunningDeer (21st June 2021), Sue (Ayt) (21st June 2021), Tintin (21st June 2021), Victoria (21st June 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 times in 911 posts

Quote Posted by iota (here)

Happy Father's Day to ALL fathers!

in our lives few will EVER have a greater impact to shape our view of ourselves as our fathers have ... ALL of it impacts! If he was there, if he was not. if he cared, if he did not. if he was kind and gentle and loving, or if he was stoic, and silent and taught power in whatever form he knew it ...

sons, emulate ~ daughters look to see what they will accept from men by what their father teaches them .. IMPORTANT role and one that is not easy.

I want to acknowledge each and every father who has walked this path and thank you for every bit of kindness, every expression of love, every bit of compassion and gentleness that you have EVER taught .. you had an audience ...

THOSE particular actions and choices are responsible for the kindness, love, compassion and gentleness that exists in our world today and into the future ...

I AM ever thankful for your part in creating that. yours is a daunting role that nothing can really prepare you for! ~ truly it takes courage!

you are seldom allowed to be wrong, to make mistakes, to be human, to have needs or feelings ... today, i pray that you will be granted ALL of the above in love and peace and joy by those in your life to whom you have played this role straight from your heart ... ❤

Happy Father's Day to ALL men who have courageously stepped up to play the role, either by blood or by courageous choice like our beloved Bill .. who has certainly stepped up to play that important role to all of us here

please know your part was integral in the formation of a life .. and thereafter the impact on our planet

(6-15-14)
    That was beautiful, Iota... The tick tock time of our hearts and those things called Love. I didn't think I'd see anything I'd consider insightful, as I and those close to me celebrate gratitude much more often, daily even, without noting time or special days.....But, in this case your words touched home.

Often, I hear my friends talk about the things they endure and the loses they have while staying unerringly the fathers they are. The divisions of the sexes is just as horrible now as it was when I was a child, when women were the subjects of derision. That was painful then and it's the same now.

Yet, this is all changing as it has changed ever since my early years here, knowing the beauty that leaves us with the nurturing that it's presence creates, and how it can only be enjoyed, loved. Some of us never limited any of that beauty. It is the same for all parents.

It is not the mistakes we make, but the unyielding honesty with which we speak to our children and how we show them the ways we know to be humane, especially to themselves and their truths.

Sometimes it isn't until our children are out in the world, making it on their own that we get to see the good, the deeply ethical lives they live and the relaxed ability they have grown within themselves to see the world as opportunity and a constant choice. These relationships are surely mutually rich and strengthening with both of us.

And at times, as you have written, we are parents to many and take on the role of honesty and directness, protector and teacher...whether or not we had the same growing up. Our rewards, even as we seek none, are many and often surprising.

(By the way that was a Sinatra impersonator. Good voice, too tall, Frank never danced like that.)
    Last edited by Hym; 21st June 2021 at 02:22.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2021), DeDukshyn (21st June 2021), Harmony (21st June 2021), iota (21st June 2021), Mercedes (21st June 2021), RunningDeer (21st June 2021), Tintin (21st June 2021), Victoria (21st June 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hym (here)

That was beautiful, Iota... The tick tock time of our hearts and those things called Love. I didn't think I'd see anything I'd consider insightful, as I and those close to me celebrate gratitude much more often, daily even, without noting time or special days.....But, in this case your words touched home.

Often, I hear my friends talk about the things they endure and the loses they have while staying unerringly the fathers they are. The divisions of the sexes is just as horrible now as it was when I was a child, when women were the subjects of derision. That was painful then and it's the same now.

Yet, this is all changing as it has changed ever since my early years here, knowing the beauty that leaves us with the nurturing that it's presence creates, and how it can only be enjoyed, loved. Some of us never limited any of that beauty. It is the same for all parents.

It is not the mistakes we make, but the unyielding honesty with which we speak to our children and how we show them the ways we know to be humane, especially to themselves and their truths.

Sometimes it isn't until our children are out in the world, making it on their own that we get to see the good, the deeply ethical lives they live and the relaxed ability they have grown within themselves to see the world as opportunity and a constant choice. These relationships are surely mutually rich and strengthening with both of us.

And at times, as you have written, we are parents to many and take on the role of honesty and directness, protector and teacher...whether or not we had the same growing up. Our rewards, even as we seek none, are many and often surprising.

(By the way that was a Sinatra impersonator. Good voice, too tall, Frank never danced like that.)

darn it Hym!! that got right past me!!!

Happy Father's Day dear friend!! i have absolutely NO doubt that your children were dolled out wisdom, and kindness and love and that the lessons learned with your guidance have served them all their lives!

you are a jewel among men!! and i thank you!

ok .. this time i made sure to WATCH the video, not just listen! hahaha!

i want to go dance in Pyrangelo's parent's garage!! sigh ...

so that any adversary

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2021), DeDukshyn (21st June 2021), Harmony (21st June 2021), Hym (21st June 2021), Mercedes (21st June 2021), RunningDeer (21st June 2021), Tintin (21st June 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 times in 911 posts

Dance wherever you are and you will make it.....
    The world will join you.
    You'll feel it....

Funny thing about Sinatra.....
    All I can say is that in a room of a thousand real Franks,

I'd be talking with and soaking up as much of Bacall as possible, walking out of the door with her, as she left him almost as quickly as someone else I know left her husband, when she felt his real energy...

Surprisingly so or not, every famous person I've met was human....with many I'd go out of my way to not meet again.

The rest, well..., the really good ones, the most humane humans, they go out of their way too...just in another way, and if they've been cursed with fame they do their best to ignore it.

And.....Wow....all those of great beauty, in all of it's manifestations, their outsides not being their focus, there is where our attentions are worth the time.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2021), Bluegreen (21st June 2021), DeDukshyn (21st June 2021), Harmony (21st June 2021), iota (21st June 2021), Mercedes (21st June 2021), RunningDeer (21st June 2021), Tintin (21st June 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

i hope all our precious father's had a wonderful day! ... and to my own father

he was the first man that taught me love could be fierce, powerful, affirming and never ending ...

throughout my life i have been blessed with many "gifts" that i treasure and whose value is immeasurable to me .... like friendships that have spanned my lifetime, acts of kindness on my behalf for others, the gentle, authentic love both of animals and children, children who peer into your soul and know your heart instantly and will not be deceived ... many things have moved me deeply

but i was thinking yesterday, that the greatest "gift" i ever got was from my father

we were gathered with his side of the family, it was a special occasion and so almost all were gathered there. i'm the first born of my generation and this was being discussed when my father turned to me and said:

"YOU ... were born of a GREAT LOVE between your mother and i, you must never forget that"

my eyes teared up immediately as they were no longer together and much emotions were aroused

but it was something i guess i NEEDED to hear and KNOW

and i have carried it with me, deep inside my heart through times of challenge (constantly) and times of doubt

it has sustained me when all else failed

sometimes it is all i have had to carry me through life's darkest hours

my father loved me

and when he looked at me he saw the product of his love incarnate

and THAT is who i am

Last edited by iota; 21st June 2021 at 22:23.

so that any adversary

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2021), Dennis Leahy (21st June 2021), Hym (22nd June 2021), RunningDeer (22nd June 2021), thepainterdoug (21st June 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,261 times in 3,170 posts

Thanks iota!!

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2021), Dennis Leahy (21st June 2021), Hym (22nd June 2021), iota (21st June 2021), RunningDeer (22nd June 2021)

+ Reply to Thread