1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,273 times in 21,091 posts

Exclamation World UFO Day 2021 June 24th and July 2nd

• World UFO Day 2021 June 24th and July 2nd:

World UFO Day is dedicated to the existence of unidentified flying objects. First celebrated in 2001, it was created by the World UFO Day Organization. The day is often celebrated on June 24 and July 2, although The World UFO Day Organization declared July 2 to be the official day. June 24 marks the anniversary of one of the first UFO sightings in the United States, when Kenneth Arnold reported seeing nine high-speed crescent-shaped objects near Mt. Rainier in Washington, in 1947. July 2 marks the anniversary of the Roswell UFO incident, which also happened in 1947.

The creators of the day claim the day exists to "raise awareness about the undoubted existence of UFO's and with that intelligent beings from outer space" and that the day exists to "encourage governments to unclassify their knowledge about sightings throughout the history"—as they believe that the US government has exclusive information about UFOs. The creators also said, "the most important thing is that people collectively open their minds to the subject for one day and send out the message mentally that UFOs are welcome on this earth." On a less serious note, the day is for talking with friends about UFOs, watching movies about UFOs, attending conferences about UFOs, having parties with UFO themes, and gazing up into the sky looking for UFOs.

Objects flying in the sky are generally from Earth and can be explained by science. UFOs—a name coined by the US Air Force in 1953—are objects that can be seen in the sky but haven't been identified. They are usually later identified as being man-made or of being caused by a natural phenomenon such as the weather. In the 1940s and '50s, these UFOs were often also called flying saucers or discs. This was also the time of the Cold War, and there was a focus on national security as new aircraft and missiles were being tested at the time. These new flying objects had to be identified and logged.

In 1948, the US Air Force began investigating reports of UFOs with a group called Project Sign. Most in the group believed UFOs were Soviet aircraft, but some did think they were spacecraft from other planets. Project Sign became Project Grudge, and then in 1952, it became Project Blue Book. It lasted until 1969 and collected information on 12,000 sightings and events. About six percent of these were never solved or identified as being caused by a specific phenomenon.

During this time, reports of sightings were at an all-time high, and the U.S. government also assembled a panel of scientists, headed by H.P. Robertson. They met for three days in 1953, and interviewed military officers and the head of Project Blue Book, and reviewed film and photographs of UFOs. Their results said what had been seen could mostly be attributed to astronomical and meteorological phenomena or earthly objects, and there wasn't a security threat or evidence of life from other planets. Not all the results of the panel were released until 1979, so some thought there was a cover-up.

Another committee was set up in 1966 to review Project Blue Book information. It made a detailed study of 59 UFO sightings. It was called the Condon Report, being named after Edward E. Condon, the physicist at the head of the investigation. This panel came up with similar results as H.P. Robertson's panel.

Some scientists questioned some of the results of the findings over the years and weren't convinced that extraterrestrial life didn't exist. J. Allen Hynek was one of them. He founded the Center for UFO Studies. It is because of the beliefs of his group and similar groups that we have a day dedicated to UFOs today.
    • How to Observe World UFO Day:
    Celebrate the day by getting friends together and looking up at the sky to try to see UFOs. You could also watch alien and UFO-themed movies, watch documentaries about UFOs, or look at photos of UFOs. Check to see if there are any events in your community that are taking place. If you are up for traveling, try to find some UFOs at places where people have claimed to see them in the past.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 24th June 2021 at 15:51.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

aoibhghaire (24th June 2021), Did You See Them (24th June 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (24th June 2021), Mashika (24th June 2021), O Donna (25th June 2021), onawah (24th June 2021), pabranno (24th June 2021), Sunny-side-up (24th June 2021), UNEEKSTUF (24th June 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,344 times in 645 posts

Default Re: World UFO Day 2021 June 24th and July 2nd

Lots to take in there.
    Is Exomatrix the spammerbot of this forum?

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,552 times in 20,694 posts

What is it about Exomatrix's posts that look to you like spam?
    I think most Avalonians will agree he is constantly posting great info here.
    Quote Posted by Rawhide68 (here)
    Lots to take in there.
    Each breath a gift...

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

aoibhghaire (24th June 2021), Chip (26th June 2021), ExomatrixTV (24th June 2021), Mashika (24th June 2021), O Donna (25th June 2021), pabranno (24th June 2021), Sunny-side-up (24th June 2021)

6. Link to Post #4
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,273 times in 21,091 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    What is it about Exomatrix's posts that look to you like spam?
    I think most Avalonians will agree he is constantly posting great info here.
    Quote Posted by Rawhide68 (here)
    Lots to take in there.

Indeed, nobody forces him to read all my efforts ... he can always skip

Forgive me, @Rawhide68 ... am diagnosed Asperger
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 24th June 2021 at 22:52.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Chip (26th June 2021), Mashika (24th June 2021), O Donna (25th June 2021), onawah (25th June 2021), pabranno (24th June 2021), Sunny-side-up (24th June 2021)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Don't you worry ExomatrixTV, just keep it coming if it appropriate.

Have learned a great deal from your many posts, thx

I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Chip (26th June 2021), ExomatrixTV (24th June 2021), Mashika (24th June 2021), O Donna (25th June 2021), onawah (25th June 2021), pabranno (24th June 2021)

10. Link to Post #6
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

I don't see any problem with that post size, it's actually way better than a single line or just a link. Having enough information on a single post helps a lot. To me it's a lot better having a location where i can find enough info to understand, and then go to the links if i want to read more, than the opposite, having lots of links and having to go through all of them just to figure out what's going on

Quote In 1948, the US Air Force began investigating reports of UFOs with a group called Project Sign. Most in the group believed UFOs were Soviet aircraft
    And in the Soviet side, most thought UFOs were American aircraft... :D
    Tired

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (24th June 2021), O Donna (25th June 2021), onawah (25th June 2021), Sunny-side-up (25th June 2021)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member pabranno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 times in 320 posts

Don't want to derail the thread, but I'm seizing the opportunity to thank John for his dedicated efforts.
    I'm really liking you commenting more also, John. Very enlightening. Keep it coming, friend!

Pamela

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pabranno For This Post:

Chip (26th June 2021), ExomatrixTV (25th June 2021), Mashika (24th June 2021), O Donna (25th June 2021), onawah (25th June 2021), Sunny-side-up (25th June 2021)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Chip's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,497 times in 466 posts

I always look forward to Exomatrix!
    I hope he continues and never gives up.
    A faithful seeker of truth.
    Thank you John
    I’ve appreciated you for many years.
    Last edited by Chip; 26th June 2021 at 15:46.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chip For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (27th June 2021), Mashika (27th June 2021), Sunny-side-up (26th June 2021)

+ Reply to Thread