View Poll Results: What was the worst form of “Hopium” you were addicted to and have recovered from?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Hope and Change" - the promises of Barack Obama

9 23.08%
  • "Drain the Swamp" - the promises of Donald Trump

9 23.08%
  • Q-anon - posts on 4chan and other sites

4 10.26%
  • NESARA - internet narrative promoted by “The Dove of Oneness” and others

2 5.13%
  • Other - another “Hopium” narrative not listed above

5 12.82%
  • I have never been addicted to any form of hopium, including those listed above.

14 35.90%
  • I believe that at least one of the four narratives listed above is not “hopium.”

4 10.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What was the worst form of “Hopium” you were addicted to and have recovered from?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,327 times in 3,414 posts

Default What was the worst form of “Hopium” you were addicted to and have recovered from?

Hopium is a fabricated narrative designed to give you faith in a person, a group of people, or a system; a narrative that will lead you to believe that a corrupt, hopeless governement is tolerable and eventually redeemable, and all you have to do is wait and have faith in a certain person or group of people. It leads you to give your consent to a power that should not be while making your daily life more bearable because you think better days are coming.

In this video, James Corbett details the ancient art of Hopium, from the deus ex machina in the Greek dramas of Euripidies (480 BC to 406 BC) to the modern dramas on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc.

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/ShD1jwx5mJtY/

He concludes by distinguishing “hopium” from hope, the later being something we all really need if we are to fix the planet:

Quote But hopium is not hope. Like opium, which binds to opioid receptors in the brain to provide temporary pain relief, hopium is a synthetic, man-made construct which provides us with the simulacrum of hope. And, like opium, hopium can disrupt our lives, pacify us into inactivity, and make us suffer withdrawals in its absence.

No, we must not abandon hope itself. As part of the triumvirate of faith, hope and charity, hope is a virtue to be cherished. Genuine hope is the rocket fuel that humans use to propel themselves towards their goals. Without hope, there would be no motivation to do anything to improve our situation.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th July 2021), Brigantia (9th July 2021), Brodie75 (8th July 2021), Franny (7th July 2021), Gracy (7th July 2021), Hym (9th July 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th July 2021), meeradas (7th July 2021), Mercedes (8th July 2021), muxfolder (9th July 2021), Pam (9th July 2021), selinam (7th July 2021), Stephanie (8th July 2021), wegge (9th July 2021), wondering (7th July 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,580 times in 5,817 posts

Default Re: What was the worst form of “Hopium” you were addicted to and have recovered from?

I voted for Obama in 2008. I wasn't addicted to hopium at the time, but (like many) I mistook the change of regime in the US for something bigger than what it was - I hadn't realized how deeply the US status quo was protected from being changed in US elections. Once Obama started naming cabinet members (even before taking office), and they were the same old scumbags of the American Empire and globalist banking, I "awoke" to reality.

If Obama's rhetoric injected hopium, then Obama's cabinet selections were methadone and a bucket of cold water. Obama also showed that there is no such thing as the "left" (anti-war, anti-corporate/fascist control) or "liberal" (worker-centric) viewpoint in US politics, but rather just a flavor that was strategically added to the American Empire Koolaid.

4. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

amor (9th July 2021), Arcturian108 (7th July 2021), Bill Ryan (7th July 2021), Brigantia (9th July 2021), Brodie75 (8th July 2021), Ed Dawson (7th July 2021), ExomatrixTV (7th July 2021), Franny (7th July 2021), gini (8th July 2021), gord (8th July 2021), Gracy (7th July 2021), Hym (9th July 2021), Jambo (8th July 2021), Journeyman (7th July 2021), Kryztian (7th July 2021), meeradas (7th July 2021), Mercedes (8th July 2021), muxfolder (9th July 2021), Pam (9th July 2021), Stephanie (8th July 2021), Sue (Ayt) (7th July 2021), TomKat (8th July 2021), wondering (8th July 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,909 times in 20,684 posts

Default Re: What was the worst form of “Hopium” you were addicted to and have recovered from?

• Barack Obama Hypnosis?

Most Political Speeches by Obama were not even written by him in the months towards election-day ... but by, among others, a Jesuit Trained Student Jon Favreau who was the best of his class.
    • I remember watching a Dutch "Obama Documentary" broadcasted by the VPRO showed LIVE a boy who knew all Obama is gonna say before he said it and said it out-loud demonstrating he was the author of the speech. This was broadcasted on Dutch Nation TV (no joke!) ... that plus documentary "Obama Deception" was for enough to know we will not see the change they promised us.

Back then I was SO against the Neo-Cons, Bush'es & Cheney's etc and their illegal wars ... I truly wished (not "hoped") Obama was an "outsider" changing things ... after some deep research I realized Obama is NOT an "outsider" at all ... I supported Ron Paul (being a true Libertarian!) on many levels ... running a Ron Paul Revolution site, forum, YouTube channel etc. etc.

"Change you can beLIEve in"
    • This, among others, is why we wanted real change:

Jesuit trained Jon Favreau (1981) began his career as a speechwriter for (Skull & Bones) John Kerry's campaign during the 2004 election. He was spotted as a talent and was recommended to Barack Obama by one of his communications officers. In 2005, Jon Favreau and Barack Obama, then senator, began working together.
    • "The Voice of Generation Obama"
    This biography is part of the episode 'The Voice of Generation Obama'

Four years later, Barack Obama has been named president and Favreau has been named his "director of speechwriting" at The White House. During Obama's campaign for the presidency, Favreau was chief speechwriter and co-responsible for numerous speeches that Obama inspired many. Besides his qualities as a lyricist, Fauvreau stands out because of his age. At 27, he is the youngest ever to be asked to hold such a position. The messages about Favreau often refer to the informal, youthful working method of Favreau and his team. No tie and suit, but T-shirt and jeans. No structured meetings, but individual spontaneous brainstorming sessions. He is a good example of the so-called 'Millennials' or Web 2.0 generation under which Obama has gained a large following.He also experienced the disadvantages of the frequent use of the Internet and the social networking sites from which this Web 2.0 generation owes its name. A friend of Favreau's posted a rather compromising photo on his friend's Facebook page. This featured Favreau at a party grabbing a cardboard version of Hillary Clinton by the chest. The photo quickly spread across the internet and also ended up with journalists from the mainstream media. Ironic for Obama's speechwriter who owed much of his popularity among young people to the same Facebook network. This example also aptly exposes one of the weaknesses of the 'user generated content' system.Sometimes sensitive information also ends up on the web in this way, which can spread like an oil slick via networking sites and blogs. For example, the advantage of sites such as Facebook, low threshold in use and the interactive sharing of information through a large network, can also turn out to be wrong.

More about the Web 2.0 generation, the way the Internet is used by them and its significance for Obama's campaign can be found elsewhere on this site, via the link on the right side of this page.

Here is also a link to more information about the school where Jon Favreau graduated for his work as a speechwriter, the renowned College of the Holy Cross.
    Yesterday there was a beautiful documentary on TV at VPRO Tegenlicht about the Obama generation . Well, I don't really like putting certain groups in boxes, but the information and the image that emerges in this broadcast is beautiful. Actually it's about the Millennials , about which I wrote a blogpost. Namely about how Millennials learn . I also made a MindMap of the Millennials.

Very nicely is clear in the documentary how Obama uses young people. His speechwriter, Jon Favreau, at the time only 27 years old. Under the read more button you will find the description of the documentary that you can see below. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to get an idea of ​​this group.

"What makes a political speech historic? ... How can a president immortalize himself through words? ... And how did that rhetoric influence the mass youth movement that helped Barack Obama become president? ... Behind Barack Obama's historic speeches is a very young speechwriter... In the election, Jon Favreau wrote the speeches that helped Obama as a total newcomer win the hearts of millions of American voters.Jon, just 27, has already been named Obama's chief speechwriter at the White House, making him the youngest member of President Obama's inner circle ... Circle in the West Wing Who is Jon Favreau Where is he from What brought him so fastso close to the heart of American political power? ... Filmmaker Kasper Verkaik makes a profile for Backlight of Obama's speechwriter Jon Favreau and of the youth movement surrounding the new president ... What message is a new generation of American youth hearing in Obama's speeches? ... Is Favreau the mouthpiece of this generation? ... And how do his contemporaries view him? ... Backlight filmed the last days before Election Day in an Obama campaign office of a black university in Virginia ... Young Obama volunteers, including Obama's national student leader, share the inspiration they found in the speeches ... With Jon Favreau's college professors, a professor of rhetoric, a generational sociologist, and renowned Kennedy speechwriter Ted Sorensen, we delve into the semiotics of Obama's speeches.A new generation of American youth is appropriating the 21st century through Obama, with new impetus, optimism, harmony and commitment."

(it starts at 01:00 in to this video)

cheers,
    John Kuhles aka 'ExomatrixTV'
    July 7th, 2021
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 10th July 2021 at 19:10.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

amor (9th July 2021), Dennis Leahy (7th July 2021), gord (8th July 2021), Hym (9th July 2021), Kryztian (9th July 2021), meeradas (7th July 2021), Mercedes (8th July 2021), Pam (9th July 2021), Stephanie (8th July 2021), wondering (8th July 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

I must admit that I fell for the Obummer psyop in the beginning - it was brilliant.
    (Though I felt Ron Paul would have been the real "change facilitator").
    Recovery immediately took place with him not closing down gitmo as a first in office action - the whole (I mean, all of it) was and is a blatant lie. This man is pitch black (no pun intended).

I nearly fell for the "lunacy" of Trump during his campaign...
    but then, just before the election, i saw him sitting at a roundtable discussion,
    where he showed a completely different face with stating, "with me, there's never going to be a war with Russia",
    which completely changed my view on him , in an instant - and I do congratulate myself for this kind of openness.

Plus, what "enhanced" this change was Killary stating, in a similar setting, "first thing I'm gonna do once in office, we're gonna invade Iran, hehehe"....
    I have not recovered from this (yet).

My special "hopium" (term doesn't fit) is something that I came here with:
    The collective awakening of humanity to who they are.
    No recovery possible, nor needed, as this is happening. Def.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

amor (9th July 2021), Dennis Leahy (7th July 2021), Ernie Nemeth (9th July 2021), ExomatrixTV (9th July 2021), gord (8th July 2021), Hym (9th July 2021), Kryztian (7th July 2021), Mercedes (8th July 2021), Pam (9th July 2021), Sue (Ayt) (7th July 2021), wegge (9th July 2021), wondering (8th July 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,909 times in 20,684 posts

Question Re: What was the worst form of “Hopium” you were addicted to and have recovered from?

• Reverse Speech: Obama's "Yes We Can" Slogan.

• "Change you can beLIEve in"
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 7th July 2021 at 21:44.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

amor (9th July 2021), Dennis Leahy (8th July 2021), Hym (9th July 2021), Kryztian (7th July 2021), meeradas (7th July 2021), Pam (9th July 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,327 times in 3,414 posts

I am also a reformed "Hope and Change" junkie. I literally "rode the Obama bus for change", a painted school bus that paraded down neighborhoods in the last few days before the election. I realized something was wrong when he signed the NDAA bill which included a provision the that military could arrest anyone and detain them indefinitely without a trial or even charging them with a crime. Then he brought about regime change in Libya which greatly destabilized the country, and he never took action against the NSA when it was discovered they were illegally spying on Americans. My great hope turned out to be a proponent of fascism. Glad to say I figured it out before 2012 so he did not get my vote the second time around.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (8th July 2021), Hym (9th July 2021), meeradas (8th July 2021), Mercedes (8th July 2021), Pam (9th July 2021), wondering (8th July 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Obama promised hope. But with his probable intelligence background, he
    was a fervent believer in using the bureaucracy to move against political enemies. Plus, with Eric Holder, he completely criminalised the Dept of Justice. I see Obama's fingerprints on the current Biden administration's criminal activities. We are now in Obama's 3rd term.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

amor (9th July 2021), Dennis Leahy (8th July 2021), ExomatrixTV (8th July 2021), gord (8th July 2021), Hym (9th July 2021), Kryztian (9th July 2021), Mercedes (8th July 2021), muxfolder (9th July 2021), Pam (9th July 2021), wondering (8th July 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,396 times in 4,297 posts

"I'm not the Messiah!"
    "I say you are, Lord, and I should know - I've followed a few!" ~ Monty Python's The Life of Brian.

I have followed a few, I confess that much, but I would never say I was addicted to any. I always reserved a little incertitude in the back of my mind to keep my perspective even. I know the dangers of getting carried away, and the pitfalls of dogma and hero worship.

It's always wise to carefully weigh the information that comes your way, whatever its source. First of all, is there any solid evidence? Usually, there is very little to rely on when presented with these miraculous tales of salvation being just around the next corner. With almost everything you hear these days, there's usually disinformation or at least some misinformation sprinkled in, so be wary.

Everyone should take heed of lessons learned (in the past), of hopium stories that fizzled out, and predictions that came to nothing. Most who pedal such are trying to make a buck out of your naivety and/or devotion.

Look, watch, listen, learn. If the evidence is strong, by all means throw in your hat. But don't get carried away.

Never believe anything on its face.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

amor (9th July 2021), Brigantia (9th July 2021), Dennis Leahy (8th July 2021), Ernie Nemeth (9th July 2021), ExomatrixTV (8th July 2021), gord (8th July 2021), Hym (8th July 2021), Journeyman (8th July 2021), Kryztian (8th July 2021), Pam (9th July 2021), Sue (Ayt) (8th July 2021), wondering (8th July 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,029 times in 910 posts

Gurmukh, sounds as "Goormook", the mukh sounding like "took" and "cook". It does not sound like the east coast version of a jerk, a mook, like in "spook".

It's a very insistent word in one sacred, but very natural language. It means one who not only speaks truth, but also one who lives truthfully, regardless if some may consider the actions not acceptable. You always know that what they say is what they do.

This is why some of my best friends have been the ones speaking truth to power, as the outliers, those fully out of, empty from, lying....yet they are of that sacred order amongst people. The word also means "Face" and "To Speak", telling us that truth should be what a face is about and whether or not it is truth that is spoken and faced together, with the power of many.

A nephew of mine, being raised in a community that falsely followed a well known yogi, a fakir, a tuggee/thief, a well known abuser, who was very open to hearing thoughts, reading colors and stories people carry, once lamented to me that he never got the opportunity to be involved in any of the yogi's criminal enterprises. His parents carried him into the false world of the fakirs, those who've usurped the truths from the others, the originals, who lived and died for truth.....and even in the presence of undeniable facts of abuse and criminalities, they admit no error in judgement.

My nephew was a young sikh who had survived the cruelty of being sent to another country without any real supervision, and felt that all of that dishonesty he endured, basically parentless, had to be a price paid for getting to work side by side with a real criminal. There the difference between him and I existed, as my friends never concealed their true intentions, nor their actions. I love this very honest nephew and I lament that the world he was in never stepped up to be as full of integrity as he has.

There is an entire integral core to most language that has to waste its time even identifying the truth that other sentient species cannot hide. You can't lie to those whose communication is so integrated with the rest of their senses, but they certainly can lie to those who use this very primitive form of communication.

This is not to say that those who do have that part of their being hooked up to the rest of their functioning realities, telepathy included, live what humans would consider as ethical or moral and engaging lives, free from coercion.

In most cases humanity has far exceeded the limitations of these communications it has been stuck with, and has created some transformative beauty, far beyond the capacity of those many would incorrectly consider more advanced, when it is within the natural scope of being human to transmit, transmute and create solutions only they are capable of doing.
    Last edited by Hym; 10th July 2021 at 00:23.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

amor (9th July 2021), Brigantia (9th July 2021), Dennis Leahy (8th July 2021), Ernie Nemeth (9th July 2021), Journeyman (8th July 2021), Kryztian (9th July 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,202 times in 1,145 posts

I came to a cynical (aka realistic) view of politics relatively early. I could see the outlines of a global shadow govt, which isn't a nice thing to suspect but does provide a level of insulation from whatever puppet is on parade. If you have an inkling the same hand is pulling the strings it doesn't matter so much if Punch, Judy or even the Crocodile is elected, but it's still human nature to take a side and let hope get the better of experience. I think you need to taste the bitter dregs of Hopium several times before you develop any form of resistance.

Here in the UK there was a good feeling about the Labour leader John Smith, who sadly died early to be replaced by Tony Blair (often wondered about that). Of course TB was a slick, smooth talker but I did have some hope when his stage managed entry to Downing St took place that something may change. In reality we got our Obama moment and subsequent let down slightly earlier, perhaps a script that was tested in the UK and perfected across the pond?

With a strong connection to the US I also got briefly swept up in the 'hanging chads' farrago in the US as it seemed vital that Bush not defeat Gore. I remember speaking to a lovely couple of elderly Americans who responded to my utter mistrust of Bush with the belief that Colin Powell and the other experienced hands around him would provide a stabilising force... There was a moment with Obama also where the skill at delivering speeches (say what you want, Obama has timing) and the prospect of an epochal moment of transformative change had me believing, at least to an extent.

All this time I retained my idea of 'the establishment' (which I guess most these days would say 'deep state') as being the real power, but I saw it as primarily an collective of shared interests primarily driven by economic interests.

Trump from across the Atlantic seemed a cartoonish figure in the primaries. The media coverage soon became bitter and on the night of the election I didn't think he really stood a chance. Again, coverage in the UK was then shaped by 'Russiagate' so from afar (haven't been to US for some time) it seemed like an administration mired in controversy.

Q - I ticked the 'not hopium' on this one. Not that I don't think there's good grounds for scepticism, but because anyone that says 'all a larp' or there's nothing there simply doesn't understand what's in those posts. There's a lot more to come on this one in my view but given there's an entire sub forum devoted to this so I won't say more than this.

Overall though I think @StarMariner above has the right approach.. The world is only visible to us through myriad layers of deception and distortion and we always have to account for the human factor in the sources of information we consult. It's just a matter of walking the tightrope between vigilance and paranoia. Pandora's box unleashed a world of horrors, some of which we may only see through a glass darkly, if at all, but hope remained and it's essential we keep some, even if sometimes it's misplaced, it can keep you going when things look bleak. Ah, sod it, pour me a glass of hopium, in fact, make it a pint...

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

amor (9th July 2021), Brigantia (9th July 2021), Ernie Nemeth (9th July 2021), Hym (9th July 2021), jaybee (8th July 2021), Kryztian (8th July 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th July 2021), mountain_jim (8th July 2021), Pam (9th July 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Trump was going to drain the swamp. I fell for it because the swamp hated him with passion. But he surrounded himself with swamp creatures and ultimately, turned out to be just a blowhard.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

amor (9th July 2021), Gracy (9th July 2021), Hym (9th July 2021), Kryztian (9th July 2021), Pam (9th July 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Thanks

¤=[Post Update]=¤

[/COLOR][QUOTE=mijatoca;1438974]
    Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    I voted for Obama in 2008. I wasn't addicted to hopium at the time, but (like many) I mistook the change of regime in the US for something bigger than what it was - I hadn't realized how deeply the US status quo was protected from being changed in US elections. Once Obama started naming cabinet members (even before taking office), and they were the same old scumbags of the American Empire and globalist banking, I "awoke" to reality.

If Obama's rhetoric injected hopium, then Obama's cabinet selections were methadone and a bucket of cold water. Obama also showed that there is no such thing as the "left" (anti-war, anti-corporate/fascist control) or "liberal" (worker-centric) viewpoint in US politics, but rather just a flavor that was strategically added to the American Empire Koolaid.
    Very well said Dennis. I've criticized Trump before on this forum and as a liberal, I'll ditto your sediments of the so called Left. I had hope. It was also for myself the proof that sooner or later, and probably pre, that you (as President) get a talking to.
    Last edited by mijatoca; 9th July 2021 at 01:27.

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

I no longer trust anyone or anything. Nothing seems to give information but adding up the Dots plus Intuition and we watch and wait. JDT may be playing from both sides. we being the Middle. If he is really the decent person some of us hope, he has a great deal to lose under the control of the Rothschilds.

Questions remain about the Gold reclaimed through the Tibetan/Chinese family which is to be used to pay off the Rothschilds, cancel all national debts, and restart the financial system under new rulerships. Then the story about what really happened to Flight 370 and its sister plane which crashed in Russia carrying the dead bodies taken from 370 to which was added a bomb for a Russian City; they got world of this and blew it out of the sky along with the unburied dead bodies from Flight 370. Using five identical looking planes, 55.000 tons of gold bars were flown to the Gold Depository at Perth, Australia. I am confused about whether this was the Phillipine Gold buried in the ocean or Gold given by Siam. I wonder whether this is the same Gold the Chinese found in tact buried under snow in the Antarctic a great distance from their alloted area on that Continent. The Chinese must have satellites over Antarctica or spies to have located the Gold so quickly. Anyone have updated news on this situation? The author of a book on this subject was recently interviewed by Project Camelot telling all if you wish to enquire. Is this NWO vs DJT or vs DJT as NWO incognito.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Brigantia (9th July 2021), Hym (9th July 2021), Kryztian (9th July 2021)

26. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

The underlying narrative has never changed. The 'hopium' is part of that agenda.

So I wait for 'truth' to surface in any arena of interest. Yet those hopes are dashed time and again.

Now I wait and hope that the 'truth' about the virus and the vaccine comes out soon. And I desperately hope that the 'truth' of the stolen American election reveals itself. Without these two 'truths' I cannot see how 'freedom' and 'democracy' can survive.

I hope that we do not waste this opportunity to unravel some of the worst 'conspiracies' that undermine 'liberty' at its core.

I didn't vote.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Hym (9th July 2021), Journeyman (11th July 2021), Kryztian (9th July 2021)

+ Reply to Thread