+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Consciousness is Immortal - An In-Depth Interview with Tom Campbell

1. Link to Post #21
    Great Britain Avalon Member samildamach's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 356 posts

Default Re: Consciousness is Immortal - An In-Depth Interview with Tom Campbell

Quote Posted by oz93666 (here)
    Quote Posted by samildamach (here)
    ....l've given a brief summary of what it's about if you care to read the statement.
    I figured that was probably the best you could do ...

People can spend their lives listening to people like Campbell , Watts , Krishnamurti or Osho and come away with nothing ... They've learnt nothing because it's either gobbeldegook rubbish , or at best vague generalization , feel good mystical one liners ... It's essential after watching ANY video to get a pencil and paper and write down what was imparted ..a summary ..

I'm reminded of a story told by one of Osho's disciple's in her autobiography ... She finally left the ashram and returned to the outside world and decided to continue her spiritual path by going to a counselor /therapist . At the first session they introduced themselves and the councilor said " Would you like to tell me about yourself? " ... "Well" said the woman " for the past 8 years I've been privileged to live in an ashram under the guidance of an enlightened master " ... "Goodness said the counselor That must have been wonderful! What did he teach you ?" ...The woman said her mouth opened but no words came in response , her mind was blank , and then she realized the whole thing was a fraud , she had learnt nothing ...
    Your very wrong on every count.search Avalon and you will find many mentions of Tom Campbell and his work me included.if you do watch the utube video I've suggested it does practical work on healing,remote viewing. I've still got a picture I drew of an object in a box under a bed which was no longer in the box under the bed or even in the same house. But I was able to look into that particular space and time and draw a unique object with no clues .what I did get was the compete Waiste of time and energy that it would take to answer your already made up mind and how pointless it would be.you might just might with an open mind learn something new .
    Last edited by samildamach; 10th July 2021 at 22:56.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to samildamach For This Post:

I am B (11th July 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

I've been aware of Tom Campbell for many years . In my view he's a transparent government agent put out to misdirect truth seekers....

looking up his Wikipedia page I found this .... "...He worked as a systems analyst with U.S. Army technical intelligence for a decade before moving into the research and development of technology supporting defensive missile systems. Subsequently, he spent the better part of 30 years working within the U.S. missile defense community as a contractor to the Department of Defense.[4] Campbell most recently worked for NASA ..."

Working for military intelligence !... over 30 years developing missiles to kill people ... and now he's suddenly become a guru publishing books on the Tao , and videos titled " how we can love ", and " how we can find our soul path " ....

I don't buy it !!!

Why would the NWO send someone like this out to the public arena ?? what is his brief ???

He presents himself as a mystic physicist explaining to us , like many other government operatives , that this world is all an illusion , a hologram , a computer generated deception.... this is a big theme in the media at the moment , and we can blame it all on David Icke.

Icke started all this "the world is not real" stuff ...one of his few big errors IMO ...The NWO saw that if they pushed this idea it would spread confusion , and tend to neutralize resistance ( why fight the NWO if it's all an illusion) , truthers would doubt the reality of everything , even doubt the Earth was round!

So I expect he came to retirement age and his military intelligence boss offered him this undercover role ...It's been a nice little earner , a few years ago he had a 'go fund me' ..funding for an experiment to prove the worlds a hologram... he raised plenty of money , but we never heard anything more!

But more than all this ... take a look at Tom talking on the video above ... Does he transmit love and light ...I get a creepy feeling watching him , he's like a cold hard robot ... And the content ?? I'm a trained physicist/engineer and I can't make any sense of it .. gobbledegook ... the scientific equivalent of modern art ..No one want's to say they don't get it , for fear of looking stupid ..

I cant agree more. I bought his book on audible and listened to it in the car on my long commute. What he says that does make sense is long winded, convoluted to sound super scientific. Using the "I'm so above your intelligence, that's why you cant understand me" spell. I think your absolutely right it's deliberate nonsense mixed with real facts, just like all CIA propaganda.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

oz93666 (12th July 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

....l've given a brief summary of what it's about if you care to read the statement.
    I figured that was probably the best you could do ...

People can spend their lives listening to people like Campbell , Watts , Krishnamurti or Osho and come away with nothing ... They've learnt nothing because it's either gobbeldegook rubbish , or at best vague generalization , feel good mystical one liners ... It's essential after watching ANY video to get a pencil and paper and write down what was imparted ..a summary ..

I'm reminded of a story told by one of Osho's disciple's in her autobiography ... She finally left the ashram and returned to the outside world and decided to continue her spiritual path by going to a counselor /therapist . At the first session they introduced themselves and the councilor said " Would you like to tell me about yourself? " ... "Well" said the woman " for the past 8 years I've been privileged to live in an ashram under the guidance of an enlightened master " ... "Goodness said the counselor That must have been wonderful! What did he teach you ?" ...The woman said her mouth opened but no words came in response , her mind was blank , and then she realized the whole thing was a fraud , she had learnt nothing ...
    Your very wrong on every count.search Avalon and you will find many mentions of Tom Campbell and his work me included.if you do watch the utube video I've suggested it does practical work on healing,remote viewing. I've still got a picture I drew of an object in a box under a bed which was no longer in the box under the bed or even in the same house. But I was able to look into that particular space and time and draw a unique object with no clues .what I did get was the compete Waiste of time and energy that it would take to answer your already made up mind and how pointless it would be.you might just might with an open mind learn something new .
    Yes because IMO much of what he says is true and already out there and can be understood. The problem is he has added a layer convoluted nonsense.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

oz93666 (12th July 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Allan Watts was meaning to write an "Introduction to Buddhism and Zen" he never meant to be the end, or master of that knowledge, people were supposed to learn from him, then go learn the full thing, and... They never did somehow

He knew more than he said, or wrote, he did not teach that because *you are supposed to get there on your own*

So why the hell are people considering his words, against what he wanted or expected?

And this argument it's ridiculous as far as i can see it

Most of the people that did not get that he wasn't a master or some kind of guru, ended up forming ridiculous religions or theories or superpowers around what he said, because they could not even understand the reality of what eastern religion or Zen was, it's such a ridiculous thing just looking at people sending "vibes" over the air moving their hands and stuff. It's embarrassing, so yeah, i don't even know why i'm posting this but honestly!
    Last edited by Mashika; 11th July 2021 at 02:26.
    Tired

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

I am B (11th July 2021), Reinhard (11th July 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

I would like to post a question here, for anyone to answer if you may want to

Lets say two things may happen, about "Consciousness is Immortal"

1. You die in this current reality, then you wake up as a new born baby and some new memories are built, but somewhere, your old memories are stored and continually updated with your current ones. Finally you wake up and everything is merged into a single being that has understood and is capable of understanding all you have lived in the past 1000 years or whatever

2. You are a small piece of the universe, all you experience is going into a source being that is not "you" but instead you are a part of it, so you remain alive and continue to exist, but not in your present form, your experiences and thoughts and everything you lived are integrated into the higher being. You won't remain unique, as a single being, but instead, be part of the higher one once you leave this reality

Which one would you choose?
    Last edited by Mashika; 11th July 2021 at 03:05.
    Tired

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

I am B (11th July 2021), Reinhard (11th July 2021)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,030 times in 340 posts

Imho, right now the second one is almost as empty and scary as a nihilist take on the universe. If your drop of conciousness is forever diluted in an almost infinite sea of "thoughts and memories", does it really matter whatever we do here? And does it mean it is REALLY immortal if your whole being is "scattered" all around eternity?

I am more of a believer of the first one, with some tweaks and changes probably, but surely similar to that. Also I act accordingly to it. If building morals and conciousness is profitable to "improve my soul" so be it, if my being is gonna be diluted forever, it means that what I do matters rather little anyways...

Damn its always hard to write about this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Mashika (11th July 2021)

13. Link to Post #27
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,409 times in 647 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

1. You die in this current reality, then you wake up as a new born baby and some new memories are built, but somewhere, your old memories are stored and continually updated with your current ones. Finally you wake up and everything is merged into a single being that has understood and is capable of understanding all you have lived in the past 1000 years or whatever

2. You are a small piece of the universe, all you experience is going into a source being that is not "you" but instead you are a part of it, so you remain alive and continue to exist, but not in your present form, your experiences and thoughts and everything you lived are integrated into the higher being. You won't remain unique, as a single being, but instead, be part of the higher one once you leave this reality

In my view it is neither 1 nor 2. I think you as "Higher Self" is like playing avatars with incarnations. These avatars are still 'real' as a part of your "Greater" self. Your Greater/Total/Higher Self in turn is part of the "All" like a drop in the ocean. You can connect to the All and experience it from the highest perspective as many people who had Mystic God experiences (during OBE or NDE) already had, if only glimpses. I had one myself where I was at least part of other humans. Still you are in my view (and it is only my view!) a separate being, just more 'connected' and at/in peace with all the others who are part of the same Big "thing" as you are sending out 'avatars' to play in created realities which are also created by the Big one (Source/God/All-That-Is/Universe).

I also think that the "simulation hypothesis" is misinterpreted wrong and too negatively all the time. It is always being said that there are controllers or aliens or whatever who created this reality (kind of on a computer, lol) and with it control it (and us). But what Campbell and other "mystics" actually say is that it is about the nature of reality which is ALL 'virtual' (I call it 'computational'). That means that EVERYthing is virtual (I see digital just as a metaphor that to make it understood better) even any controllers or 'aliens' who dominate us are just virtual players / avatars too. This is what is often overlooked when people complain about the virtual/simulation hypothesis and do not really "understand" what is being said.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

I am B (11th July 2021), Mashika (11th July 2021)

15. Link to Post #28
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote In my view it is neither 1 nor 2. I think you as "Higher Self" is like playing avatars with incarnations. These avatars are still 'real' as a part of your "Greater" self. Your Greater/Total/Higher Self in turn is part of the "All" like a drop in the ocean
    It reminds me of "The Egg"

Humans work just like state machines (software) attached to a physical body, or at least we interpret it as such, each human has a completely unique experience so definitely we are creating our reality as we move, and as our brain interprets what we 'see' or 'feel' in real time

There are no 2 persons who have the exact same experience, it may mean something or have a purpose that each person sees a different world, or feels the experience of being alive in a different way than the other billions of people on this planet?

Quote Posted by Open Minded Dude (here)

In my view it is neither 1 nor 2. I think you as "Higher Self" is like playing avatars with incarnations. These avatars are still 'real' as a part of your "Greater" self. Your Greater/Total/Higher Self in turn is part of the "All" like a drop in the ocean. You can connect to the All and experience it from the highest perspective as many people who had Mystic God experiences (during OBE or NDE) already had, if only glimpses. I had one myself where I was at least part of other humans. Still you are in my view (and it is only my view!) a separate being, just more 'connected' and at/in peace with all the others who are part of the same Big "thing" as you are sending out 'avatars' to play in created realities which are also created by the Big one (Source/God/All-That-Is/Universe).

I also think that the "simulation hypothesis" is misinterpreted wrong and too negatively all the time. It is always being said that there are controllers or aliens or whatever who created this reality (kind of on a computer, lol) and with it control it (and us). But what Campbell and other "mystics" actually say is that it is about the nature of reality which is ALL 'virtual' (I call it 'computational'). That means that EVERYthing is virtual (I see digital just as a metaphor that to make it understood better) even any controllers or 'aliens' who dominate us are just virtual players / avatars too. This is what is often overlooked when people complain about the virtual/simulation hypothesis and do not really "understand" what is being said.
    Tired

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

I am B (11th July 2021)

17. Link to Post #29
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by I am B (here)
    Imho, right now the second one is almost as empty and scary as a nihilist take on the universe. If your drop of conciousness is forever diluted in an almost infinite sea of "thoughts and memories", does it really matter whatever we do here? And does it mean it is REALLY immortal if your whole being is "scattered" all around eternity?

I am more of a believer of the first one, with some tweaks and changes probably, but surely similar to that. Also I act accordingly to it. If building morals and conciousness is profitable to "improve my soul" so be it, if my being is gonna be diluted forever, it means that what I do matters rather little anyways...

That question, was proposed to me when i was 13, by my Zen teacher, he thought i could handle the idea. I did not sleep for weeks just thinking of how i was just going to disperse across the universe and never 'be me' lol

Eventually i kind of became more aware, maybe that's what he expected but it did took some soul suffering to accept the possibility that i for sure will die one day and then i may not ever be 'me' again. I am not worried about it now, 'it's what it is'

Since i don't know which one is the true, i just learned to accept that whatever happens, will happen anyway, so why even worry?
    Tired

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

I am B (11th July 2021), Orph (11th July 2021)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,030 times in 340 posts

That question, was proposed to me when i was 13, by my Zen teacher, he thought i could handle the idea. I did not sleep for weeks just thinking of how i was just going to disperse across the universe and never 'be me' lol

Eventually i kind of became more aware, maybe that's what he expected but it did took some soul suffering to accept the possibility that i for sure will die one day and then i may not ever be 'me' again. I am not worried about it now, 'it's what it is'

Since i don't know which one is the true, i just learned to accept that whatever happens, will happen anyway, so why even worry?
    My thoughts preety much exactly.

Maybe it is a bit reductionist but there is a 50/50 chance here and little proof, if any. Your soul is finite, or it isn't. As "easy" as that.

There is a principle/argument used by Kardec, which was from buddhism or taoism (I'm sure you know better):
    "everything happens for a reason"

Which would justify the fact that we live to improve something bigger, and being forever lost into eternity does little to justify such a "wholesome and painful" walk on life... definetly something to meditate on.

And as much as it is criticised, or as edgy as it is, for me, a kind of nihilism helps me cope with that thought and the despair it causes, when it becomes harder to believe in a bigger picture sometimes. Although its more of a moral/mind thing and I hardly act on it. (hence the profile pic ^^)

Few (to none) people here will enjoy the style but the band's lyrics are something else.

I hope I'm not rambling and going around too much, Its so hard to write and make a straight point on this. I could be writting for ages and still go back and rewrite it all xD I'd rather talk it through with some cold something on a cool place. (in contrast to what the lyrics say)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Mashika (11th July 2021)

21. Link to Post #31
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Neither Buddhism or Taoism, it's Tychism

Quote In his theory of tychism, Peirce sought to deny the central position of the doctrine of necessity which maintains that "the state of things existing at any time, together with certain immutable laws, completely determine the state of things at every other time."[3] One of the principal arguments of the necessitarians is that their position involves a presupposition of all science. Peirce attacks this idea asserting: "To 'postulate' a proposition is no more than to hope it is true."[4] Thus an avenue is opened up allowing the entry of chance as a fundamental and absolute entity.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tychism

No rambling at all, thanks for your replies, i know this is very hard subject to discuss, but i love that you are very clear and open about your own thoughts and beliefs, and accept mine as well

I love these kind of conversations, it brings joy and personal benefit in several ways, for all of us

<3

My thoughts preety much exactly.

Maybe it is a bit reductionist but there is a 50/50 chance here and little proof, if any. Your soul is finite, or it isn't. As "easy" as that.

There is a principle/argument used by Kardec, which was from buddhism or taoism (I'm sure you know better):
    "everything happens for a reason"

Which would justify the fact that we live to improve something bigger, and being forever lost into eternity does little to justify such a "wholesome and painful" walk on life... definetly something to meditate on.

And as much as it is criticised, or as edgy as it is, for me, a kind of nihilism helps me cope with that thought and the despair it causes, when it becomes harder to believe in a bigger picture sometimes. Although its more of a moral/mind thing and I hardly act on it. (hence the profile pic ^^)

Few (to none) people here will enjoy the style but the band's lyrics are something else.

I hope I'm not rambling and going around too much, Its so hard to write and make a straight point on this. I could be writting for ages and still go back and rewrite it all xD I'd rather talk it through with some cold something on a cool place. (in contrast to what the lyrics say)
    Last edited by Mashika; 11th July 2021 at 22:10.
    Tired

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

I am B (11th July 2021)

23. Link to Post #32
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

I've been aware of Tom Campbell for many years . In my view he's a transparent government agent put out to misdirect truth seekers....

looking up his Wikipedia page I found this .... "...He worked as a systems analyst with U.S. Army technical intelligence for a decade before moving into the research and development of technology supporting defensive missile systems. Subsequently, he spent the better part of 30 years working within the U.S. missile defense community as a contractor to the Department of Defense.[4] Campbell most recently worked for NASA ..."

Working for military intelligence !... over 30 years developing missiles to kill people ... and now he's suddenly become a guru publishing books on the Tao , and videos titled " how we can love ", and " how we can find our soul path " ....

I don't buy it !!!

Why would the NWO send someone like this out to the public arena ?? what is his brief ???

He presents himself as a mystic physicist explaining to us , like many other government operatives , that this world is all an illusion , a hologram , a computer generated deception.... this is a big theme in the media at the moment , and we can blame it all on David Icke.

Icke started all this "the world is not real" stuff ...one of his few big errors IMO ...The NWO saw that if they pushed this idea it would spread confusion , and tend to neutralize resistance ( why fight the NWO if it's all an illusion) , truthers would doubt the reality of everything , even doubt the Earth was round!

So I expect he came to retirement age and his military intelligence boss offered him this undercover role ...It's been a nice little earner , a few years ago he had a 'go fund me' ..funding for an experiment to prove the worlds a hologram... he raised plenty of money , but we never heard anything more!

But more than all this ... take a look at Tom talking on the video above ... Does he transmit love and light ...I get a creepy feeling watching him , he's like a cold hard robot ... And the content ?? I'm a trained physicist/engineer and I can't make any sense of it .. gobbledegook ... the scientific equivalent of modern art ..No one want's to say they don't get it , for fear of looking stupid ..
    I think Icke says the archons/reptilians/Illuminati control this AI reality and also the afterlife one and manipulate them to generate loosh, i.e. negative energy, which they feed on. Campbell, OTOH, is as you say a 3 letter agency asset. He does his best to undermine the truths of the Gnostics and people like Icke. Campbell was involved in developing the Gateway Experience tapes at the Monroe Institute, which facilitate OOBEs. Many others, whom I tend to agree with, theorised that, after Monroe's death in 1995, the 3 letter agencies and perhaps with the help of even Campbell himself altered the tapes rendering them to be nothing more than relaxation tapes.
    Last edited by chris_walker; 12th July 2021 at 11:19.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to chris_walker For This Post:

oz93666 (12th July 2021)

25. Link to Post #33
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,097 times in 205 posts

Quote Posted by chris_walker (here)
    I think Icke says the archons/reptilians/Illuminati control this AI reality and also the afterlife one and manipulate them to generate loosh, i.e. negative energy, which they feed on. Campbell, OTOH, is as you say a 3 letter agency asset. He does his best to undermine the truths of the Gnostics and people like Icke. Campbell was involved in developing the Gateway Experience tapes at the Monroe Institute, which facilitate OOBEs. Many others, whom I tend to agree with, theorised that, after Monroe's death in 1995, the 3 letter agencies and perhaps with the help of even Campbell himself altered the tapes rendering them to be nothing more than relaxation tapes.
    I found your post interesting Chris ...
    To make my position clear about Icke ... I believe he's a very important contributor ... I even agree with the spirit of the highlighted part above ...Except that this reality is not AI generated , and Icke has confusion about who the players are ..

The fallen angels aka malevolent spirits are the ones who feed on loosh and they get this from us when we are alive or dead ... long ago they possessed and corrupted the coalition of Physical ET groups controlling Earth ( Annunaki , Arcturians , Reptilians and Greys) .. These non physical spirits and ET's are now knowingly working together to enslave humanity .

26. Link to Post #34
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,097 times in 205 posts

Quote Posted by Savannah (here)
    Yes because IMO much of what he says is true and already out there and can be understood. The problem is he has added a layer convoluted nonsense.
    Dead right .. Much of his content is true ... Difinfo has to have truth in it otherwise it would never attract a following ..

"Consciousness is immortal " ... Dahhh ... You think we don't know that ?

But look at the title's of his books " My Big Toe" .... "Buddha at the Gas Pump" .. how corny .. dreamed up by some Psi-op egg head aimed at the naïve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2