Thread: Diabetic info

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

Default Re: Diabetic info

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    Hi all,
    Thank you for all the great responses. Today I started the Glucofort regiment and soon hope to get an idea on its efficacy and will share here... Two other family members have started as well, so it should help to get an idea... Also I will keep tabs on the youtube video on Glucofort which has a number of people starting recently and their comments might also be helpful... cheers
    This is available on Amazon, but almost all the reviews available on this product is pretty much very negative, many saying that it doesn't work or the ingredients listed on Amazon is not the same as on the bottle. Two of the ingredients I recognize; cinnamon and bitter melon are known natural foods to help modulate blood sugar levels. I add a half teaspoonful of cinnamon spice to my oatmeal I usually have for breakfast. I used to eat bitter melon, but over time my intestines developed adverse reaction to it so I don't eat that anymore.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2021), Franny (17th July 2021), Harmony (18th July 2021), mojo (17th July 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,413 times in 5,643 posts

Thanks for sharing that info onevoice. Although I am disappointed to be suckered into believing a slick add campaign that offered so much. If nothing else the responses here were very helpful. I'm still going to use the Glucofort and continue to work on things that will help control type 2 Diabetes.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2021), Franny (17th July 2021), Harmony (18th July 2021), onevoice (18th July 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

This TedTalk is interesting, but the kicker is to remove all carbs. Your thoughts about this video please?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2021), Harmony (18th July 2021), Sue (Ayt) (21st July 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,315 times in 184 posts

This TedTalk is interesting, but the kicker is to remove all carbs. Your thoughts about this video please?

I can't watch the video, as I don't have access to You Tube, but indeed, if you cut out carbs, you probably would not have a problem with blood sugar. Doctors used to prescribe a low carbohydrate diet before insulin was discovered.

For me, as soon as I have certain high carb foods, like rice or bread or honey or bananas, I immediately have symptoms, like feeling tired and having to lie down for half an hour. If I stick to salad and stir fried veggies and tofu, no problem.

It is a bit restrictive, so I like to cheat sometimes. Then I use berberine. If I take it half an hour before I eat, I can eat a wider range of foods with no symptoms.

After eating a pretty straight diet and taking berberine and other herbs for around two years, I have found that my overall health improved, and I can eat foods now that would have been a problem two years ago (like better luck with small amounts of fruit, or a baked potato, than before).

If you read books about blood sugar, you can see that it makes a difference how much of something you eat. I can get away with one or two dates, or a few grapes, but not too many. If I ate a bunch of carb foods one after the other, it would start to add up.

Many herbs are effective for blood sugar. In addition to berberine, bitter melon, cinnamon, turmeric/curcumin, chanca piedra (usually for kidney and gall stones, but also works for blood sugar). I have tried them all, and combination formulas, and they all work. I just read that moringa and hibiscus are good for blood sugar, although I haven't tried those.

I found that I really didn't need anything but the berberine, but I could have used other herbs or combinations instead. If I went to an acupuncturist or an Ayurvedic practitioner, they would have likely had effective formulas.

And yes, you can put cinnamon and turmeric in your food, or make turmeric tea, and that is as good as taking a capsule. I don't want to cook with the same spices every day, so I like capsules.

A few hints:

If you eat carb foods, they add up. They may not kick in completely for a couple of hours. Then you can't figure out why you feel wierd, until you realize you ate something a few hours ago. If I am eating a lot of carbs, I will take berberine at breakfast, lunch and dinner to handle any reactions. And yes, in an emergency, it does work faster to take two berberines.

I always take berberine when I eat beans. They are supposedly low glycemic, but they have a lot of carbs. They just release it slowly over time. They are one of the foods that hit me hours after I eat them.

I sometimes have less of a problem with sugar than with honey or other sweeteners. Sucrose is a complex sugar, it takes time to break down into glucose. If I eat something made with sugar, I can sometimes take herbs right away and the herbs work before the sugar kicks in. I am not recommending sugar, but if it happens...

There are so many things you can do, I think you will have good luck.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunny For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2021), EarthGirl (18th July 2021), mojo (18th July 2021), onevoice (19th July 2021), Suzi E (18th July 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 times in 2,099 posts

For those who may think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration the following may be helpful. Peruse the comments to see what others have found to be helpful.

Of course, please perform your due diligence before starting a new course of treatment.

Best wishes and better health to you all

Sapien Medicine on YT has many 'efv' videos.

DIABETES 1 & 2

Quote Sapien Medicine instructions:
    Using frequencies and energetic progamming this treatment will work towards healing your pancreas, using betatrophin targeted to pancreas to increase beta cells and also Rev-erbα (targeted to muscle) to increase insulin sensitivity. This multi layed approach seeks to provide a treatment for both types of diabetes with little to no negative effects to you. Use at least twice daily until you see results.
    Quote Tammy F
    2 years ago
    If you have issues with losing weight even with Sapien Meds other weight loss videos I suggest you use this. If you are insulin resistant type II then it may be damn near impossible to lose weight no matter what you do. I had that issue for a while until I finally used this video. Not even intermittent fasting was putting a dent in my insulin resistance as I would hit a certain weight and be stuck there while slowly gaining what little I had lost it was a nightmare. That was until I started using this video twice a day that was when the weight starting coming off. In full disclosure I do have the weight loss pendant from Sapien but not even that worked until I starting using this video. Insulin is the fat storage hormone and it does so very well. I just wanted to share this in case someone comes along with the same frustrating issue as me. This started to work within a couple of days and within a week I lost close to 10 pounds no kidding. I do intermittent fast eating one meal a day but in the past when I did this my weight would bounce up if I even looked at a carb. I testing myself last weekend by eating carbs throughout the day stepped on the scale the next morning not an ounce gained. In the past eating carbs like that would blow me up at least 3 pounds. This works, hope this little testimonial helps someone out.

=====

Pancreas Regeneration

Quote SAPIEN MEDICINE INSTRUCTIONS:
    The programming here is designed to work on repairing and regenerating your pancreas from damage at the same time removing any blockages in the veins.
    Scar tissue is also removed via apoptosis along with fat buildup.
    Induced Stem cells are made via existing cells, along damaged areas to help with repair and regeneration.
    Betatrophin is also targeted to the pancreas to increase the beta cells
    Also the general energy around is also cleaned an refreshed.
    (use 2 - 3 times a day)
    (Original Track, check out Energetic Alchemy)
    Quote pnaroola
    8 months ago
    Working like MAGIC... my Insulin Resistance is getting better with just a few days of listening... fast healing indeed! Thanks, Sapien.... you rock!

=====

Several people have mentioned other helpful videos they use in conjunction with these two. Browse the comments for ideas.

=====

A full list of Sapien Medicine videos can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo2...WbI6qKgU8RXunw
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2021), mojo (18th July 2021), Sunny (19th July 2021)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Wow so many great resources posted again, especially Sunny your post it really motivated me and already started a low carb diet. Finally taking some action and very excited and hopeful. Wish I took action sooner but nonetheless I started. The Glucofort will hopefully just add to my cure of type 2 and the real addition later will be Berberine with all the good suggestions heard here. Thanks everyone...

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2021), EarthGirl (18th July 2021), Franny (21st July 2021), onevoice (19th July 2021), Sunny (19th July 2021)

13. Link to Post #27
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dear Mojo ... I totally agree with the low carb diet. You may find that your body begins to ' cry out ' for carbs - this is what my daughter tells me it feels like. But she controls her diabetes quite well by counting carbs. She initially when first diagnosed with type 1 diabetes used to weigh every gram of food and worked out the carb contents using apps on her i phone. As time has progressed she knows the values of foods and has become quite adept. Quite often she goes out for a fast walk as she finds this brings down her blood sugar levels.
    Take care ....

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suzi E For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2021), mojo (18th July 2021), Sunny (19th July 2021)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Amazing is all I can say only after four days of very little carbs. The Glucofort has helped stabilize as well. Onevoice in the above mentioned the negative reviews of Glucofort on Amazon but I since found out that other companies/ researchers etc will write negative comments just to hinder the competitor products. I haven't had dizzyness (ie eyes lacking focus) and the extra weight is coming off. I hope to continue on this path and write future updates. Glucofort IMO combined with changes in diet was to me very helpful but I'm not totally trusting the Glucofort claims that it can work without changes to diet. I say that because it's easy to cheat and eat carbs. Thanks again for the great comments and hope it will help someone else.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2021), Franny (21st July 2021), onevoice (31st August 2021), Sue (Ayt) (21st July 2021), Sunny (22nd July 2021), Suzi E (28th August 2021)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,530 times in 2,552 posts

Amazing is all I can say only after four days of very little carbs. The Glucofort has helped stabilize as well. Onevoice in the above mentioned the negative reviews of Glucofort on Amazon but I since found out that other companies/ researchers etc will write negative comments just to hinder the competitor products. I haven't had dizzyness (ie eyes lacking focus) and the extra weight is coming off. I hope to continue on this path and write future updates. Glucofort IMO combined with changes in diet was to me very helpful but I'm not totally trusting the Glucofort claims that it can work without changes to diet. I say that because it's easy to cheat and eat carbs. Thanks again for the great comments and hope it will help someone else.
    About 10 years ago the VA was getting all bent out of shape about my husband's high blood sugar and gave him the test strips and meter, and also assigned him to their diabetic instrctional classes. They labeled him "pre diabetic". This was fine, as diabetes certainly does run in his family. The thing was, the nurses teaching this class were just not the epitome of good health themselves, in my opinion... They were quite obese, and advised (in my opinion) terrible things for the diet, like aspartame laden products and other things that made no sense. They did not mention bread and grain restrictions at all, but fruits and sugar mostly, and replacing these with packaged diabetic foods. So - we delved into it then, and I think it was a book called "Wheat Belly" that opened our eyes. My husband was a big bread eater - sandwiches, toast, crackers, pasta were all a constant. He could not even imagine a meal without bread.

Now, along with all that, he also had other medical crises' pop up around this time, and needed a surgery for which the surgeon refused to operate without a 30 pound weight loss - in 3 months! He simply cut out ALL wheat, in any form. (forget the gluten-free packaged products, etc.) It was simpler to just cut out wheat products totally for him. And the weight did just fall away, without effort. He lost the 30 pounds, and his blood sugar has been in normal range ever since. Although it was almost like going through withdrawal for him, for a week or so, cutting out the wheat.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2021), mojo (21st July 2021), onevoice (31st August 2021), Suzi E (28th August 2021)

19. Link to Post #30
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,453 times in 571 posts

Long story ---short. I have type 2 diabetes. I am a nominal weight of 84 kg or 185 lbs. I confused some of my symptoms with another medication I'm on which was a dry mouth and thirst and consequently passing a lot of fluids. I ended up in the hospital for a week over wicked high blood sugars.

This thread has been helpful to me and I appreciate the insights.

I have one unique symptom arising not just from sugar but from artificial sweeteners. I have this horrendous itch on the center of my back that gets worse if I consume like diet cola. I grew up on diet soda and never had any issues. I generally avoid the sugary beverages. I had an appointment recently where I was walking home and bought a bottle of flavoured water that noted less than .o5 sugar and this irritated my back to no end that evening this Tuesday past. This itch has been going on for about 1o weeks.

I read online that artificial sweeteners do not cause allergies per say but they can cause skin problems although it is rare.

The itch has been sorta mild the past few days. It is not dried out like from showering. Lotion does not seem to help.

My sugars are still a little high, from 1o-12. My diabetic nurse just adjusted my pre-meal insulin but there has been little change in my readings. I was at 8.8 before dinner today but I ate few carbs at lunch. Her target for me is between 4-8. She just made the change to my insulin yesterday.

Have any of you heard of these skin problems associated with sweeteners? Ignoring the itch is the best policy as scratching begets scratching.

I'm on a super tight budget as an asylum seeker in Ireland. There just isn't much advice on handling a serious itch online. I raised the point with my GP and the doctors at the hospital but they really didn't have any answers. There is no rash, no redness, no swelling, no indication of a disruption to the skin. Not even evidence of some of the bad scratchy days.

Thank you for letting me bend your ear.
    Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it. ~ Conor C. O'Brien [1917-2oo8]

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (9th January 2022), mojo (28th August 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2