Thread: Iran has gone intercontinental

1. Link to Post #21
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Default Re: Iran has gone intercontinental

"The red army" was disbanded around 1937 or so...

If you don't know about the coup that US designed in the 70's, well...

Quote Posted by Justplain (here)
    Mashika, the Chinese nationist party retreated to Taiwan in 1949 when Mao led the Red Army to victory. Taiwan wasn't originally democratic but went that way over thirty years ago or more. The only 'coup' that I know of in communist China was the shift to controlled capitatlism by the leader after mao (can't name his name). As far as I am concerned the communist government in Beijing has no more legitimate claim on Taiwan than it does on Tibet or the South China Sea.

Any dictatorship has no legitimate claim to anything.

There was a guy who is out there who claims to know the secrets of the second world war, like that japan actually won. I dunno, some strange claims can be made of things.
    Tired

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (12th July 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)
    The Global F-35 Enterprise
    There are eight international program partners — the U.S., United Kingdom, Italy, Netherlands, Australia, Norway, Denmark and Canada. Six Foreign Military Sales customers are also procuring and operating the F-35 — Israel, Japan, South Korea, Poland, Belgium and Singapore.

F-35 Global Partnership | Lockheed Martin

It would seem that there are many militaries equipped with the F-35, and many do work together in some capacities. Including those listed above... I will look up that fly over and see if I can share something from America about the incident. I was unaware of it. I rarely watch the news anymore as most of it is hype or lies to steer paranoia and fear these days.

to be continued....

Mashika- do you believe that your media is honest with the Russian masses? That they tell the truth in all matters that arise? While I am aware that each country tends to share their take on any issue, I doubt that any media is completely honest with the masses for many reasons. One to cover their own actions, another to stop data from leaking to possible hostile countries, etc...

I would love to hear what they're saying in Russia about many things... This one included. I will go look for it.

In the meantime I did find this that apparently happened 6 days ago

apparently some of the titles seem misleading.

a ccording to youtube...

and I found this which suggested Israel flew theirs into Iran.. Which was mentioned above.

and this which happened 3 years ago..

And this which I found interesting...

If true, this is huge, if put out there to raise tensions in the masses, it would work!

When did the F-35 enter Russian airspace and who was flying it? USA? Or Isreal? So I can look for the video...

I did find this... if it is what you are speaking about...

I am not sure if they allow these videos in Russia, and vice versa as both countries would be wise to only let us see what they want us to know.
    I can see them all, there's no restriction really, here, restrictions are more like "you can talk about it all you want, but, can you handle the consequences?" Unlike the US version of "don't even try,"

Mainstrem media in Russia, is as corrupted as in any other country, it's ridiculous sometimes. Just an equal to any other media across the world, they just play the fools
    Last edited by Mashika; 12th July 2021 at 06:30.
    Tired

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

5. Link to Post #23
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    Iran might go for Israel or KSA or both, however even if they may not, it is certainly in their best interest to have a credible projection of threat.

I have not followed this stuff very much recently since one of the non-western sites I liked quit updating.

I was wondering when Greece was going to open Port Piraeus and essentially cut off Rotterdam as a destination for Suez traffic.

It was not that long ago we did not get a very good description of what a handful of Iranian missiles do to a compound which received the courtesy of an advanced warning. Afterwards, there were some withdrawals, put it that way.
    Tired

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

I regard most of this news as posturing, because there's been a world govt in place for much longer than most realise. The same hand is operating both sides.

That said, on Iran. They are still operating Shah era Tomahawks. I think it unlikely that they've developed true force projection capacity. Maybe they could do something, but they'd need assistance from another military if they were to stop their ships falling victim to subs or missiles.

On 'stealth' fighters. The real level of stealth that can be achieved or the effectiveness of any particular radar system is a military secret. There will be disinfo on both sides, with one talking up the effectiveness of the radar, the other dismissing it. However, its important to note that they are not invisible to radar. The stealth profile and (more significant) the coatings reduce a radar signal, they don't eliminate it. So the only thing you'd be talking about would be the distance at which it can be tracked and how effective that tracking is in real world scenario.

The other point in a modern engagement is that one objective of the attacking airforce is for you to turn your super duper high power, highly effective radar on, because that's the point that it can in turn be engaged. If the stealth planes force you to use that radar you then tell the enemy where you are and the HARM missiles are on the way.

That's not to say that the F35 may not be an expensive mistake. I've sometimes thought about the 'networked' F35's and a scene in the Battlestar Galactica remake from about 15 years ago or so. The Colonial pilots rush to meet the attacking cylons getting into their new updated, networked, Vipers and as they engage the enemy, all the controls go dead and they sit helpless as they're picked off one by one. In the show the software designer, Baltar, has been compromised by a Cylon agent. The colonial world's hubris and overconfidence in their technology is fatally exposed and it's destruction ensues. If the entire thing is an allegory for the US and China then maybe some poor pilots in F35's are going to find the controls don't work....
    Last edited by Journeyman; 12th July 2021 at 10:34.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (12th July 2021), Sadieblue (12th July 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    Mandarin
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Justplain (here)
    Mashika, the Chinese nationist party retreated to Taiwan in 1949 when Mao led the Red Army to victory. Taiwan wasn't originally democratic but went that way over thirty years ago or more. The only 'coup' that I know of in communist China was the shift to controlled capitatlism by the leader after mao (can't name his name). As far as I am concerned the communist government in Beijing has no more legitimate claim on Taiwan than it does on Tibet or the South China Sea.

Any dictatorship has no legitimate claim to anything.

There was a guy who is out there who claims to know the secrets of the second world war, like that japan actually won. I dunno, some strange claims can be made of things.
    Does Canadian government have legitimate claim on all the land it controls? It seems that the land was stolen from the native people and the issue is still not settled well yet.

About Taiwan, most of the governments in the world do not recognize it as a "country" and they acknowledge it is part of China. That's why the Canadian government only establishes a trade office in Taiwan, not embassy or consulate. So as many countries do.

It is a trick that government plays.

The real super power is in search of its next "enemy", cause war means money and they are good at it.
    what I want or what I am.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lizhekb For This Post:

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    Mandarin
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Journeyman (here)
    I regard most of this news as posturing, because there's been a world govt in place for much longer than most realise. The same hand is operating both sides.

That said, on Iran. They are still operating Shah era Tomahawks. I think it unlikely that they've developed true force projection capacity. Maybe they could do something, but they'd need assistance from another military if they were to stop their ships falling victim to subs or missiles.

On 'stealth' fighters. The real level of stealth that can be achieved or the effectiveness of any particular radar system is a military secret. There will be disinfo on both sides, with one talking up the effectiveness of the radar, the other dismissing it. However, its important to note that they are not invisible to radar. The stealth profile and (more significant) the coatings reduce a radar signal, they don't eliminate it. So the only thing you'd be talking about would be the distance at which it can be tracked and how effective that tracking is in real world scenario.

The other point in a modern engagement is that one objective of the attacking airforce is for you to turn your super duper high power, highly effective radar on, because that's the point that it can in turn be engaged. If the stealth planes force you to use that radar you then tell the enemy where you are and the HARM missiles are on the way.

That's not to say that the F35 may not be an expensive mistake. I've sometimes thought about the 'networked' F35's and a scene in the Battlestar Galactica remake from about 15 years ago or so. The Colonial pilots rush to meet the attacking cylons getting into their new updated, networked, Vipers and as they engage the enemy, all the controls go dead and they sit helpless as they're picked off one by one. In the show the software designer, Baltar, has been compromised by a Cylon agent. The colonial world's hubris and overconfidence in their technology is fatally exposed and it's destruction ensues. If the entire thing is an allegory for the US and China then maybe some poor pilots in F35's are going to find the controls don't work....
    If we change all the names from "party" "nation" "country" to Company, then everything start making sense.

In a business world, there is no real enemy or opposition, only profit. How many phony wars we have had so far?
    what I want or what I am.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lizhekb For This Post:

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

When looking at such things, if it wasn't so sad, it would be laughable. They're still showing jets and planes that are quick, I will give them that, but they are certainly not showing what they really have. So I believe that just as others have said, they are posturing. And giving us something "News worthy"..

Awhile back there was a big fuss in America when the military was out in the ocean over here doing exercises, and China somehow got involved as well..

The truth is that quite often militaries from around the world train together. And they even enter the soil of foreign countries to do so. I believe the thought process is that indeed we are one planet, and if something came to fight us, it would be prudent to be able to band together and deal with the issues.

People forget that we have the UN. And if they really look into the charter of the United Nations, they will find that there are documents that suggest that we have already essentially joined a One World Government.. And while we have, each nation is still autonomous in the daily operations of their respective countries, but if need be, we would join as one force to tackle a larger threat.

The UN has a Bill of Rights, just Like the American Constitution. etc...

We had soldiers all over America training with American soldiers a few years ago. And people got nervous suggesting we were training soldiers to invade our country.

The truth is, a strong military wouldn't tell the masses what they're truly doing, in order to keep an upper hand in a field of operation. Nor would they show their hand with their finest technologies...

So, while I watch videos, and look things up, I do not believe it all....

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

lizhekb (12th July 2021), Mashika (12th July 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2