1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Default Unwinding the heart centre

ffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 06:22.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Ankle Biter (15th July 2021), Bill Ryan (15th July 2021), Dennis Leahy (3rd November 2021), Ewan (15th July 2021), Harmony (15th July 2021), Ioneo (15th July 2021), justntime2learn (16th July 2021), leavesoftrees (1st August 2021), Mike (15th July 2021), Peace in Oz (15th July 2021), pueblo (1st August 2021), RunningDeer (15th July 2021), Sadieblue (15th July 2021), Stephanie (15th July 2021), toppy (15th July 2021), Victoria (2nd August 2021), wondering (15th July 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Australia Avalon Member Ankle Biter's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,662 times in 368 posts

Default Re: Unwinding the heart centre

It certainly feels like a process of purification or refreshening in spiritual sense when meditating through the heart center. Interesting take on how that ties into the physical world of structure and shape presented in the video, I can dig that kind of thinking.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. -Lao Tzu

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ankle Biter For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th July 2021), Constance (15th July 2021), Dennis Leahy (3rd November 2021), Ewan (15th July 2021), Harmony (15th July 2021), justntime2learn (16th July 2021), Peace in Oz (15th July 2021), Stephanie (15th July 2021), toppy (15th July 2021), Victoria (2nd August 2021), wondering (15th July 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 06:11.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Ankle Biter (16th July 2021), Bill Ryan (15th July 2021), Dennis Leahy (3rd November 2021), Harmony (16th July 2021), justntime2learn (16th July 2021), Peace in Oz (16th July 2021), Victoria (2nd August 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,309 times in 5,692 posts

This video is especially meaningful to me.

For someone who has been struggling with heart issues for so long, it was almost surreal to see the thing so openly...even before he began unwinding it! To have something so close to you cause you so much grief, but to not be able to see it, and then have it right in front of you...well it's like seeing a sports idol on tv for 40 years and then meeting him/her in the flesh finally.

The heart is so misunderstood. One thing I've discovered, having had all these heart issues, is that the heart really isn't a pump. Sure, it pumps alright, but that's not it's primary purpose. It's actually more like a battery. When your heart begins to weaken, this becomes sort of obvious.

There were times when I couldnt even feel my heart. It was beating so feebly. And of course I felt awful in all sorts of ways, but I didn't die and I could still perform basic physical functions. And I recall thinking that this shouldn't be possible. How can I mow the lawn for example when I'm too weak to talk? My extremities should have fallen limp with a lack of blood flow. But the heart isn't really responsible for blood flow, not in the way we think it is anyway. The arteries and veins push the blood along actually thru a complex series of motions. The heart is a damn battery. That was my own revelation, but I've heard it confirmed by people I respect since, multiple times.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Ankle Biter (19th July 2021), Bill Ryan (1st August 2021), Cognitive Dissident (14th November 2021), Constance (18th July 2021), Dennis Leahy (3rd November 2021), Franny (14th November 2021), Harmony (1st August 2021), Peace in Oz (19th July 2021), RunningDeer (18th July 2021), Victoria (2nd August 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 06:22.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Ankle Biter (19th July 2021), Bill Ryan (1st August 2021), Dennis Leahy (3rd November 2021), Franny (14th November 2021), Harmony (1st August 2021), Mike (19th July 2021), Vangelo (3rd November 2021), Victoria (2nd August 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)

For someone who has been struggling with heart issues for so long, it was almost surreal to see the thing so openly...even before he began unwinding it! To have something so close to you cause you so much grief, but to not be able to see it, and then have it right in front of you...well it's like seeing a sports idol on tv for 40 years and then meeting him/her in the flesh finally.

The heart is so misunderstood. One thing I've discovered, having had all these heart issues, is that the heart really isn't a pump. Sure, it pumps alright, but that's not it's primary purpose. It's actually more like a battery. When your heart begins to weaken, this becomes sort of obvious.

There were times when I couldnt even feel my heart. It was beating so feebly. And of course I felt awful in all sorts of ways, but I didn't die and I could still perform basic physical functions. And I recall thinking that this shouldn't be possible. How can I mow the lawn for example when I'm too weak to talk? My extremities should have fallen limp with a lack of blood flow. But the heart isn't really responsible for blood flow, not in the way we think it is anyway. The arteries and veins push the blood along actually thru a complex series of motions. The heart is a damn battery. That was my own revelation, but I've heard it confirmed by people I respect since, multiple times.
    Thanks for sharing all of that Mikey

I share the same sentiments that you do, the heart has been greatly misunderstood.

To see the heart physically unfold in that way and to see the tiny heart spirals (the fractal nature of it all!) within the heart was absolutely spectacularly beautiful. My own direct experience has shown me that the electromagnetic field surrounding the body is like a vortex in it's nature. It spirals out from the heart and all the energies expand and contract to the tune of the heart beat. So I guess I would also agree that the heart is a battery

Here's something I found simultaneously amusing and sweet. It is Gil doing an interpretative heart dance.

Gil Hedley, The Heart Dance

I attempted this dance earlier today as a cool down exercise after doing some weights workout. It probably wasn't a very graceful display, not as good as Gil's lol, but it was fun and combined it with meditating through the heart chakra. Felt great! I like this approach. Thanks again Constance.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ankle Biter For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2021), Constance (1st August 2021), Dennis Leahy (3rd November 2021), Franny (14th November 2021), Harmony (1st August 2021), leavesoftrees (1st August 2021), Vangelo (3rd November 2021), Victoria (2nd August 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 06:21.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Ankle Biter (18th August 2021), Bill Ryan (18th August 2021), Dennis Leahy (3rd November 2021), Franny (14th November 2021), Harmony (18th August 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This video I'm finding works really with the earlier one posted re:Heart Dance, as part of full sweep to complement meditation through chakras. With the minor change in doing it before hitting the gym.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ankle Biter For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th November 2021), Dennis Leahy (3rd November 2021), Vangelo (3rd November 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member Cognitive Dissident's Avatar
    In a galaxy not too far away from where you are right now
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,343 times in 409 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)

I was going to start a new thread headed "The Heart is Not a Pump" but you just said it here, so I'll put the information here and see if anyone notices.

Thomas Cowan has done several great videos explaining why the heart is not a pump: https://youtu.be/kUCBEKO3IJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFUomLdn9aQ

He makes the very obvious point that the heart cannot be a pump because the slowest movement of the blood is at the extremities, where the heart does not pump - the fastest movement is at the heart itself - the whole idea of heart as pump came from Descartes who made up a rule that everything in the body has to be understood in terms of a machine. Of course there's no reason to support that, it is pure materialist/mechanistic ideology.

What is even more interesting is that this idea originated from Rudolf Steiner, who also created a herbal medicine to help the heart, which he called cardiodoron (means heart healer in Latin I think). And studies show that this medicine does actually help people with heart conditions: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24200823/

It's all really interesting and I can't believe I only found out about this recently - and how few people are aware of this. We have been thinking about the heart all wrong!

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cognitive Dissident For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th November 2021), Franny (14th November 2021), Harmony (14th November 2021), leavesoftrees (14th November 2021), Peace in Oz (14th November 2021)

+ Reply to Thread