+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New album coming out

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,137 times in 500 posts

Default New album coming out

Greetings all
    I'm in session recording (what is likely my last) album of mostly new (and some very old) songs I've written...production has been great!...in post production now, adding harmonies, back ground vocals, lead riffs and any special effects etc.,... should be ready to release by august...
    Are there any singer/songwriter/musicians (industry execs) out there who would give me advice on how to market a new album in todays' digital world...as...my last release was over 10 years ago...when CD's were the way ....can you bring me up to date on ways to get airplay...and sales ? I'm on reverb nation..Lefty Dave Message Music...and have my 20 year old website... www.leftydave.com
    I'd greatly appreciate some direction and helpful hints about todays' approach to airplay and sales.
    I thank you in advance if you are so inclined...
    Blessings
    Dave
    If people can be made to believe absurdities, then they can be made to accept atrocities."

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Lefty Dave For This Post:

Axman (16th July 2021), Bluegreen (15th July 2021), Brigantia (16th July 2021), Bubu (17th July 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (17th July 2021), ExomatrixTV (16th July 2021), Harmony (16th July 2021), justntime2learn (16th July 2021), Kryztian (15th July 2021), Stephanie (16th July 2021), thepainterdoug (16th July 2021), wondering (16th July 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,168 times in 10,101 posts

Default Re: New album coming out

Hi Lefty Dave good music

Make a blatant and unapologetic plea for attention and clicks by recording a COVER, and not some obscure b-side but a song EVERYBODY KNOWS and add that and more to your youtube channel. Also tell people you have one. People notice if a youtube channel is busy or not, regardless of subject matter.

Good luck

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpH...iVUm4-oFALEqvA

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Harmony (16th July 2021), justntime2learn (16th July 2021), Kryztian (16th July 2021), Lefty Dave (16th July 2021), Stephanie (16th July 2021), Sunny (16th July 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,137 times in 500 posts

Bluegreen
    Thanks for your advice...cutting a cover is a good idea...but...do I have to get permission from someone to do that? The publisher? Copyright owner? Or is it ok to do, as long as I'm not selling it?
    Thanks again blessings Dave
    If people can be made to believe absurdities, then they can be made to accept atrocities."

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lefty Dave For This Post:

Bluegreen (16th July 2021), Denise/Dizi (17th July 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,168 times in 10,101 posts

Hi Dave

I don't know for sure, my only experience has been they keep a much closer eye on that in Europe than America. I see amateur musicians putting out cover song videos on youtube all the time. Our own Mike Gorman had a Beatles song out there at one time, but its gone now, I wonder what happened there.

If it were me, I would just put it out and let the chips fall where they may. If someone has a problem I'm sure they would contact me. Think Hawaiian Guy and "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" ...

I don't know how much energy or material you have, but if you can put stuff out on a regular basis, say every week or two, those who enjoy your style of music will find you. And if you can make a video with cool visuals, all the better. People still like MTV-style music videos, except now they have to go to youtube instead of MTV to find them. Hawaiian Guy didn't need any fancy visuals, but then again, its hard to match the cuteness factor of a human bowling ball playing this delicate song on a ukulele.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (17th July 2021), Lefty Dave (18th July 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

I think IZ became famous more because he played his local area, as Hawaiians often do. They gather at the homes of friends and "Cousins" and play while enjoying barbecue together. It's just what you do in the islands. And he had a beautiful voice. I believe however, that his song because popular worldwide after his death.. Which is a shame, because he truly could have become very famous had he lived longer. And he was, locally. I had even knew of him prior to his passing.

Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole was his name..

Good Luck Lefty Dave!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Bluegreen (17th July 2021), Lefty Dave (18th July 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,453 times in 571 posts

ABBA is going to make an annoucement at 5:45 Dublin time.

Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it. ~ Conor C. O'Brien [1917-2oo8]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

Open Minded Dude (2nd September 2021)

+ Reply to Thread