+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fog of 2021

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

Default Fog of 2021

Hello Everyone,
    It’s nice to see the forum still active with many people puzzling over the mysteries of the world and of life.

I suppose, in a sense, the subject of this post is also what, at a subconscious level, brought me back to the forum here. One of the analogies that I have always liked, and that I learned from Bill Ryan, is that our journey through life on this planet, as it hurtles through time and space, is like being in a ship, a vessel of some kind, going somewhere for some reason, perhaps unknown, but we are always inexorably moving. We’re all on-board together whether we like it or not.

The last few years have indeed been remarkable. There is really too much to summarise, thankfully this is an informed audience even if there is disagreement on various details. Part of me wonders how we have even managed to get to 2021 in one piece. Of course, for many around the world there has been a catastrophic breakdown, and I note South Africa and Haiti are the latest places to suffer political and social strife. Yet, I can’t help but be of the view that things could have been far worse, and that certain forces are at play, as perhaps they always are, and that there may be problems ahead.

To stretch the analogy, it’s like the ship has entered a great fog (or an opaque interstellar nebula if you prefer a spaceship version). There are jagged rocks, but the fog mostly hides them, they only reveal themselves briefly here and there. Somehow, perhaps by luck or by forces we don’t understand, the ship is avoiding the worst of them. We continue to plough through this fog, with poor visibility of what’s ahead, and a reduced perception of the dangers around us.

I find it difficult to make predictions in this situation. Sometimes people, me included, make the mistake of being US-centric. The world is a big place. I live in Australia. The apathy, ignorance and rank selfishness is like nothing I have seen before in this country. Society has never been more split between the haves and have-nots, but since there are more of the former, it only gets worse. However, the social tension creates a kind of fundamental fragility that the government understands and is deeply fearful of, but which they never talk about. Instead, this fear manifests itself in increased surveillance, increased propaganda, increased corruption of various kinds and reduced freedoms. People used to care about these things, but not anymore.

Globally there has been a collapse in moral standards. Western politicians openly talk about inflating their arms industries for the sake of jobs and profits – and to an audience eager to consume this kind of obscenity. Human endeavour is devoted to exploitation like never before. People who care about pollution, human rights or fairness are dismissed as snowflakes by the ever growing mob of drunken pathological capitalists that seem to be everywhere both online and in real life. At the fringes, slavery, child labor, mercenaries are all making a come back. At times it seems like life really has little value.

Against this we have repeated fireworks in the persian gulf which always seem to self-extinguish, but for how long? A popularisation of nationalistic borderline fascism. Economic absurdity that threatens to implode/explode in any one of a number of ways. Permission to talk about UFOs without being ridiculed. Massive military spending that sees no objection. And, of course, a pandemic that has exposed just how many people in society are complete sheep (and I say that as someone who is not generally anti-vaccine or anti-lockdown). Overall, around the globe it seems like a lot of levers are being pulled, but the people pulling them don’t even seem to know what they are doing. Perhaps this is the most dangerous situation of all.

Treacherous waters indeed.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:

Ben (19th July 2021), EFO (20th July 2021), ExomatrixTV (19th July 2021), Harmony (19th July 2021), Ioneo (19th July 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (19th July 2021), Mare (19th July 2021), palehorse (19th July 2021), Sadieblue (19th July 2021), T Smith (19th July 2021), thepainterdoug (19th July 2021), toppy (19th July 2021), Tyy1907 (19th July 2021)

+ Reply to Thread