+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blue Origin's First Human Flight

1. Link to Post #1
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,876 times in 1,034 posts

Default Blue Origin's First Human Flight

It is the first launch of Blue Origin's New Shepard spacecraft to carry to carry passengers after 15 successful unpiloted test flights. After lift off from the company's West Texas launch site, it will rocket to an altitude of more than 62 miles above the Earth, where the passengers will experience about three minutes of weightlessness and stunning views out of the largest windows ever built into a space capsule before plunging back into the lower atmosphere and parachuting down to landing.

Watch Live:

https://www.blueorigin.com/

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

avid (20th July 2021), Bill Ryan (20th July 2021), Harmony (20th July 2021), Inversion (20th July 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (20th July 2021), Mashika (20th July 2021), selinam (20th July 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: Blue Origin's First Human Flight

What's utterly wonderful about this flight (though Bezos is using this as a PR stunt, for sure, so all cynicism about his motives is justified), is that one of the passengers will be legendary woman aviator Wally Funk.

Wally is now 82 years old, and although she was in the frame 60 years ago as a very early astronaut, she was always passed over because of NASA's misogyny.

It's a marvelous story. At long last, nearing the end of her very long and extraordinary life, she gets to ride into space, always her unfulfilled dream.

Here are a couple of photos of her back in her heyday...

... and here she is today.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (20th July 2021), Alan (20th July 2021), Anka (20th July 2021), avid (20th July 2021), Did You See Them (20th July 2021), Ewan (20th July 2021), Harmony (20th July 2021), Inversion (20th July 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (20th July 2021), Mashika (20th July 2021), Rosemarie (21st July 2021), selinam (20th July 2021), Sirus (20th July 2021), Yoda (20th July 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    What's utterly wonderful about this flight (though Bezos is using this as a PR stunt, for sure, so all cynicism about his motives is justified), is that one of the passengers will be legendary woman aviator Wally Funk.

Wally is now 82 years old, and although she was in the frame 60 years ago as a very early astronaut, she was always passed over because of NASA's misogyny.

It's a marvelous story. At long last, nearing the end of her very long and extraordinary life, she gets to ride into space, always her unfulfilled dream.

Here are a couple of photos of her back in her heyday...

... and here she is today.

And still sporting that short hair! Take that boys! <3 <3 <3 <3
    Tired

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th July 2021), Did You See Them (20th July 2021), Harmony (20th July 2021), Inversion (20th July 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (20th July 2021), Rosemarie (21st July 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,453 times in 571 posts

Pretty impressive day for Blue Origin. I thought for sure this would be posted but I couldn't find it. I searched the title only and not the content. Did not mean to make work for someone else getting the posting in the right thread.

What I find impressive is the landing of the rocket booster /right on target. Smooth as silk, the capsule landing as well.

There is processes and systems that afford this precision and accuracy. No chance, and no guesswork.

Last edited by JackMcThorn; 20th July 2021 at 18:04.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

Inversion (20th July 2021), Rosemarie (21st July 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,662 times in 20,817 posts

Angry Re: Private Sector Space Travel

Paying Taxes and giving part of that to Billionaires (who do not need that hand-out but gladly say yes) ... becoming fake "hero's" and they themselves pay (almost) no taxes ...

Google search how much government pays for them to be able what they do in space.
    • Why The MAINSTREAM MEDIA Is Banging The Drum For The BILLIONAIRE SPACE CLUB!!

• Jeff Bezos is Off to Space - And it’s Costing You BILLIONS!!!!
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 20th July 2021 at 17:38.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Inversion (20th July 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

This may be a bit weird for some...

I've gradually come to the position that many of the stories we see as 'news' are in fact thinly veiled rituals with an occult objective in addition to, or perhaps sometimes in place of, the stated objectives.

Chris Knowles 'Secret Sun' site is one of the best windows on the occult symbolism which permeates TPTB. There's two recent blog entries on the Branson and Bezos space tourism stories, which I think are well worth viewing:

https://secretsun.blogspot.com/2021/...x-rockets.html
    https://secretsun.blogspot.com/2021/...ritualism.html

Having spent some time learning about the significance of various numbers and symbols I found the cumulative impact of both blog posts was significant but appreciate others experience will vary.

I'll probably come back to this on another thread rather than derail this one, but perhaps others will find this perspective of interest.

+ Reply to Thread