+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever experienced a 'dream stalker'?

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Has anyone ever experienced a 'dream stalker'?

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    I carry swords when I dream, seems to work (though a bit cringe to say outloud).

but then, I'm self critical when awake as well.
    Not odd at all, i think.. I have materialized my Tanto on some dreams, when i felt in danger and scared, it suddenly showed up on my waist and i was able to handle it and defend myself, it gave me back my self control and power, even if i was completely defenseless just before

There's something odd about swords, and souls, there's some kind of link for some people
    Yeah, some sort of mental focal point that seems to shift the situation.
    Hi TargetT

A grown man saying cringe-able things outloud? - You would never catch me doing that Will an AK-47 do the job?

But, in seriousness, that's very interesting.

I suspect that you and Mashika are on another level with regard to the 'dreamstate' and what is possible. I've never tried to manifest anything in my dreams. I've never given it much thought to be honest. - Something for me to think about and try to accomplish.

Many thanks guys

Dubsy

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

9ideon (27th July 2021), I am B (25th July 2021), Mashika (25th July 2021), TargeT (27th July 2021), Victoria (25th July 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by Dubsy (here)
    I carry swords when I dream, seems to work (though a bit cringe to say outloud).

Not odd at all, i think.. I have materialized my Tanto on some dreams, when i felt in danger and scared, it suddenly showed up on my waist and i was able to handle it and defend myself, it gave me back my self control and power, even if i was completely defenseless just before

There's something odd about swords, and souls, there's some kind of link for some people
    Hi TargetT

A grown man saying cringe-able things outloud? - You would never catch me doing that Will an AK-47 do the job?

I suspect that you and Mashika are on another level with regard to the 'dreamstate' and what is possible. I've never tried to manifest anything in my dreams. I've never given it much thought to be honest. - Something for me to think about and try to accomplish.

Many thanks guys

Dubsy
    I actually own and was trained on swords, i have a Tanto sword, which i appreciate much since it was given to me to learn how to protect myself when i was around 14

I believe the reason it shows on my dreams when i feel scared or defenseless, it's part of my insecurity of "being myself and a grown up person", so i depend on it because it represents external help, like an adult helping you. When i dream of something bad and i feel very very scared, i tend to always reach to my right side, as in a protective move, and then there it is, my small sword, and then i feel powerful and safe, and the entire dynamics of the dream changes to "I'm in control now"

This is kind of a practice you may get if you learn to do lucid dreaming, so you can regain control while still not waking up form the shock of realizing you are not awake
    Tired

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Dubsy (27th July 2021), I am B (25th July 2021), Victoria (25th July 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by finn (here)
    Hello Dubsy, I’ve had dream stocking experiences that lasted years, after getting clean and sober. I believe it was something I may have picked up during the time before getting sober. I was and continue to work on defects of character and spiritual understanding. One of the embarrassing aspects was I spend about half my life in a dorm type setting. The terrors were random and had nothing to do with how well life was going or what I was feeling.

A little about my wife, it was with her help that it stopped. My wife is very empathetic although she’s fought it most of her life. It always made her feel crazy so she suppressed it. About 10 years ago she accepted it and is developing it, although she still says it makes her uncomfortable.

The dreams. I rarely remember my dreams and if I do remember it’s only bits and pieces. In the dreams I’m fighting a supernatural advisory, evil. I have never identified it or have been able to see identifying features I just knew it was there. Over time I began to make me very angry and I would try and confront it to no avail.

One night while I was at home I had the dream, again I usually don’t remember only this time I was awakened by a voice. The voice was loud and clear. The voice sounded very close to my face. It felt like about 3 inches away and between my nose and my eyes. The voice said “Duo” in a angry tone. That immediately woke me up so I knew I was in the nightmare.
    It was then that I herd my wife say, “I think I was in your dream”. She said it was the scariest thing she had ever seen. She saw no describable features only a mass of evil. It was in our bedroom but when it realized she was there it went into the bathroom and closed the door. Her presence had power over it and it hid behind bathroom door. She could feel it there. Then it put its finger to the door see could sense it. It began to write on the other side of the door and she could see the letters. The message was not backwards to her view. It wrote. “ I’ll be back”.

That was 7 years ago and it hasn’t happened since.
    I was also able to have a co dream gift with her also but that’s another story.
    Hello Finn.
    That sounds a terrifying experience.

I think your good lady helped you immensely, being 'empathic' as you say
    It's a common theme with many entity encounters, that the human spirit and its ability to resist unwanted attention from such forces, is much stronger than we often realize.
    They certainly do seem to feed off and gain sustenance from our fear, like a form of vampirism, yet, if we can find the courage within ourselves to resist, we can often gain advantage over them.

There's also the interesting recognition you speak of regarding drinking alcohol to excess. ( I'm not preaching in any way here as I enjoy a tipple myself in moderation)
    I read often about drug abusers and alcoholics that very sadly seem to open a door and let things through at their weakest times. - Very much like the old Vampire mythos (and lately the 'black eyed kids') of you having to invite the being in, over the threshold as it were before they can gain a control.

I have a personal story about a friend I'd known since childhood (belongs on another thread), Quite a successful man who became a hopeless alcoholic through the pressures of his job. I took him into my home after his wife threw him out while he was looking for somewhere to live --- This was not the friend I grew up with and knew so well. He was destructive and evil' towards everyone and everything he came into contact with, and did not help my marriage at the time which ended abruptly shortly after.
    This was not the kind soul that i knew and loved, just the occasional glimpse of what was left of that guy. I feel almost ashamed to admit that I could not wait to be rid of him.
    I could fill a book with the weird experiences I had in the short time he stayed. No doubts in my mind now or at the time, that this was not the same man, and the alcohol was only the catalyst that let something in.

Great to hear you yourself are so strong now, Finn, and have won your own battle.

Dubsy
    Last edited by Dubsy; 25th July 2021 at 07:43. Reason: typo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Victoria (25th July 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 times in 146 posts

Thanks for sharing Dubsy and welcome to the forum!

I can relate to what you have been experiencing - I've written a bit about it here many years ago in TraineeHuman's OBE thread (highly recommended to read it) but ever since childhood I've had a recurring character feature in my nightmares. My father took me to see the movie ghostbusters when I was very young and one of the antagonists was Zuul a giant monster dog that scared the bejesus out of me. As I recall I had nightly nightmares for a good few weeks, but on occasion throughout the years I would have dreams where the Zuul-entity would resurface, even as an adult! As I learned more about lucid dreaming and out of body experiences I did a lot of self-reflecting and noticed a pattern as to when this would trigger, as it started happening more frequently. Typically one of the two scenarios would happen:
    1. I'd be in a dream and then suddenly become mildly aware that I am in a dream (this would happen ever since I was a kid), and then I would almost always think about "what about Zuul?". This would always cause me to look behind me, see nothing, then look behind again and see it charging at me from far away, which would cause me to jump up high in the sky and kind of hunch down into myself waking myself up. There were other ways it manifested and it always forced me to wake myself up. The only time it ever "caught" me was when I was very young and it jumped across the room to me (behind me) and stabbed me in the back with it's horn.
    2. When I would be in between the waking and sleeping state I would almost never visualize it, but I would feel like it was behind me and poking/stabbing me in the back constantly - always the lower back and the attack was relentless. I would say as I got older this was much more frequent than the dream encounters, but I always felt it was the same manifestation/entity. I don't think I was every able to successfully fend it off or get it stop and I tried everything; being angry, trying to show compassion, fighting it, challenging it, etc., but eventually the pain would be too intense and I would wake myself out of the state. I recall one specific time maybe 6 years ago or so when I was fed up and told it to do its worst and I held out for a long time before waking myself up. This kind of experience was always similar to how I would successfully drift out of my body, but it felt like when it would happen spontaneously and without attention this thing would sweep in and stop me.

Strangely, I recall as a child having dreams where I befriended it and for the entire dream we were doing things together, and the last time I had an dream with this I vaguely recall negotiating something with it where I accepted it was part of me and felt some kind of merge. I haven't any experiences since and that was a few years ago. I do recall since then having the same script happen in dreams as in point #1 since (looking behind me twice), but I wasn't scared and nothing showed up.

I've tried to read about it and write about it and wasn't able to find anyone with similar type experiences, and I've grappled with all sorts of possible explanations for what this could be - ego stopping me from astral exploration, negative entity feeding off my fear, or what I currently think, some kind of guardian that was trying to keep me away from the deep end before I was ready.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Libico For This Post:

Dubsy (27th July 2021), Victoria (25th July 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,224 times in 2,093 posts

When we lived in a house that was full of paranormal activity ( which i have written about in a few different threads here) my wife and I both had a dream one night where we saw an image of how this demon or whatever it was presented itself to us.

The next day, it just came out in our conversation - had a bad dream last night, yeah, some creepy monster thing,..As we began describing it to each other, we realized how we had shared the same dream.

So, things from beyond our normal everyday world can affect us and make trouble for us. But at the same time, there are good ones out there. Whether you realize it or not, I expect that they are very busy helping many people without many of the people being aware.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Dubsy (27th July 2021), I am B (25th July 2021), Victoria (25th July 2021)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,564 times in 567 posts

Quote Posted by Vangelo (here)
    Hi Dubsy,

I believe most dreams are the psyche's way of healing or integrating something incongruent within you.  Some dreams are not this at all.  They are simply a rehash or a projection of a specific event or thing in your life.  Your dream sounds like the former, your psyche is trying to heal or integrate.  

I also believe the vast majority of the things you see in the dream are symbolic so you have to identify the symbolism and understand its relevance to you in your life.  The symbolism of dreams is so powerful that I believe the concrete interpretation of the dream is exactly what the dream is not about i.e. a dream about you having sex with your mother is not about your mother or incest.

... section deleted ...

Another thing I believe about dreams is that almost every person in the dream is actually manifesting a part of the dreamer's personality or identity.  So the question is, what part of me do I see in that character.  Using the waxman as an example, I will also presume for this example that the dreamer is a woman.  This means, waxman probably represents some masculine trait that is either in the female dreamer or is not currently known to the dreamer but is needed/desired by the female dreamer.  

One of the very prominent characteristics of the waxman that you have highlighted is that he is emotionless.  So much so that the character reminds you of wax figures from a museum and you even named him waxman.  This is an important piece of information because it says that being emotionless is a very important symbol in this dream.  It is also a characteristic of this person in every one of the other repeating dreams.  It is how you recognize him in the other dreams.  

Being emotionless can mean many things but here are two macro level ideas to pursue.  Emotionless simply means you should not focus on his emotional response to things in the dream.  Instead focus only on what he is doing, where he is and why.  The second is the opposite interpretation.  Your focus and interpretation should be on what his emotional response should be as he is doing stuff.  How would you respond emotionally in that same circumstance?  Why is he not responding emotionally?  

... section deleted ...  

Thank you, Vangelo.
    What a great analysis ... Yes, it certainly does help

You hit the nail firmly on the head by asking the question "Why is he not responding emotionally?" as this is something I have asked myself.
    His face is not scary in itself. No grimace, no hint of any threatening emotion at all. In fact. if it wasn't for his very odd shinny complexion. I would say he looked a very average nice looking guy. His hair is well groomed, jet black with a slight wave. It looks like a plastic cap, which adds to the overall 'waxwork' impression.

It's his presence and the dark feelings emitting from him that unnerve me the most, rather than his physical appearance. I often sense him just before I see him, and then I am drawn to his gaze. His eyes never seem to move, but his stare never lets up, and his focus never leaves me.

I've also asked myself why I never try and talk with him and open up some kind of dialogue. - I don't think I'm able to, although, I am trying to make a conscious waking decision to do so. I have a feeling of complete helplessness and seem to freeze up every time I see him.
    I also get a powerful instinctive, very strong sense that I must not get too close to him, or interact with him ....... which is not going to help me with any buddie 'chit chats' I may plan whilst awake.

Dubsy
    As mentioned above, I read and interpret dreams through symbols. Those symbols are sourced and interpreted by the dreamer which means my interpretation of the symbol is not relevant, only the symbolism as determined by the dreamer matters. I also believe the people in the dream are symbolic representations of the dreamer in the vast majority of the cases.

Here is a path you may want to investigate. Given this it is clear that waxman is only a façade of a person i.e. not real, without any substance, and superficial. That may mean that there is a part of you that is like the waxman. Are there specific times and places where you are like the waxman? Are there times and places where it would be best for you to either be more emotional or the opposite, less emotional. Is it possible that there are times when you present to the world as being superficial but actually you don't want to be that way?

You may also want to ask what type of person looks like the waxman. Is he the same race/nationality as you are? If not, what are your generalized beliefs and biases about people of that nationality/race?

Dream work requires a lot of self-reflection and courage. But it really is worth it :-)
    Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

Victoria (26th July 2021)

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi TargetT

Many thanks guys

Dubsy
    I actually own and was trained on swords, i have a Tanto sword, which i appreciate much since it was given to me to learn how to protect myself when i was around 14

I believe the reason it shows on my dreams when i feel scared or defenseless, it's part of my insecurity of "being myself and a grown up person", so i depend on it because it represents external help, like an adult helping you. When i dream of something bad and i feel very very scared, i tend to always reach to my right side, as in a protective move, and then there it is, my small sword, and then i feel powerful and safe, and the entire dynamics of the dream changes to "I'm in control now"

This is kind of a practice you may get if you learn to do lucid dreaming, so you can regain control while still not waking up form the shock of realizing you are not awake
    That's really fascinating.
    Could be a sword as in your case, or a talisman of some kind that holds special meaning to you personally. Something you have endowed and trust to protect you.. Like a St. Christopher in some western religions, or jade medallion hanging around the neck in some Asian cultures. -- I say 'you've endowed' because I'm a great believer that a strong belief can often override a situation or event, that to someone watching would be difficult to comprehend.

A Chinese friend of mine told me a story of a time he sprinted up a fight of stairs outside of his Uncle's three level apartment/ housing.
    It had been raining and he slipped.
    He had two friends at the base of the stairs watching ( one that I know very well also ) and his story corroborates between the two of them. They told me about the same event separately.

He was told in a dream to always wear jade - I asked him about 'who told him' and he isn't sure.

The witnesses to his fall watched him tumble backwards like a skilled diver before hitting water - The difference is that my friend is no diver, and he hit steps extremely hard on the way down - mostly on his head as described by the guy at the bottom of the stairs that I got to know after the event.
    They didn't want to move him and he seemed unconscious. -- Within seconds he got up and rose to his feet

This is where it gets very strange for me and my friend at the bottom of the stairs who related his description of the event.
    He stood up with a big grin on his face and then collapsed again , and he was out for another 30 seconds or more.

He wore a very thick piece of rectangular jade around his neck on a clasp. Very close to his neck and not hanging down.
    When he stood up, they heard something hitting the ground ...... It had broken perfectly in half.

Dubsy

BTW . Mashika ........ Women running around with swords is considered kinda sexy in Asia
    Last edited by Dubsy; 27th July 2021 at 08:34.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Mashika (27th July 2021), Victoria (28th July 2021)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Libico (here)
    Thanks for sharing Dubsy and welcome to the forum!

I can relate to what you have been experiencing - I've written a bit about it here many years ago in TraineeHuman's OBE thread (highly recommended to read it) but ever since childhood I've had a recurring character feature in my nightmares. My father took me to see the movie ghostbusters when I was very young and one of the antagonists was Zuul a giant monster dog that scared the bejesus out of me. As I recall I had nightly nightmares for a good few weeks, but on occasion throughout the years I would have dreams where the Zuul-entity would resurface, even as an adult! As I learned more about lucid dreaming and out of body experiences I did a lot of self-reflecting and noticed a pattern as to when this would trigger, as it started happening more frequently. Typically one of the two scenarios would happen:
    1. I'd be in a dream and then suddenly become mildly aware that I am in a dream (this would happen ever since I was a kid), and then I would almost always think about "what about Zuul?". This would always cause me to look behind me, see nothing, then look behind again and see it charging at me from far away, which would cause me to jump up high in the sky and kind of hunch down into myself waking myself up. There were other ways it manifested and it always forced me to wake myself up. The only time it ever "caught" me was when I was very young and it jumped across the room to me (behind me) and stabbed me in the back with it's horn.
    2. When I would be in between the waking and sleeping state I would almost never visualize it, but I would feel like it was behind me and poking/stabbing me in the back constantly - always the lower back and the attack was relentless. I would say as I got older this was much more frequent than the dream encounters, but I always felt it was the same manifestation/entity. I don't think I was every able to successfully fend it off or get it stop and I tried everything; being angry, trying to show compassion, fighting it, challenging it, etc., but eventually the pain would be too intense and I would wake myself out of the state. I recall one specific time maybe 6 years ago or so when I was fed up and told it to do its worst and I held out for a long time before waking myself up. This kind of experience was always similar to how I would successfully drift out of my body, but it felt like when it would happen spontaneously and without attention this thing would sweep in and stop me.

Strangely, I recall as a child having dreams where I befriended it and for the entire dream we were doing things together, and the last time I had an dream with this I vaguely recall negotiating something with it where I accepted it was part of me and felt some kind of merge. I haven't any experiences since and that was a few years ago. I do recall since then having the same script happen in dreams as in point #1 since (looking behind me twice), but I wasn't scared and nothing showed up.

I've tried to read about it and write about it and wasn't able to find anyone with similar type experiences, and I've grappled with all sorts of possible explanations for what this could be - ego stopping me from astral exploration, negative entity feeding off my fear, or what I currently think, some kind of guardian that was trying to keep me away from the deep end before I was ready.

Thank you so much Libico for your similarities to the questions I am asking here
    I have a busy few days ahead and will definitely talk when I have more time

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Mashika (27th July 2021), Victoria (28th July 2021)

17. Link to Post #29
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Hi TargetT

Many thanks guys

Dubsy

Could be a sword as in your case, or a talisman of some kind that holds special meaning to you personally. Something you have endowed and trust to protect you.. Like a St. Christopher in some western religions, or jade medallion hanging around the neck in some Asian cultures. -- I say 'you've endowed' because I'm a great believer that a strong belief can often override a situation or event, that to someone watching would be difficult to comprehend.

A Chinese friend of mine told me a story of a time he sprinted up a fight of stairs outside of his Uncle's three level apartment/ housing.
    He had two friends at the base of the stairs watching ( one that I know very well also ) and his story corroborates between the two of them. They told me about the same event separately.

He was told in a dream to always wear jade - I asked him about 'who told him' and he isn't sure.

The witnesses to his fall watched him tumble backwards like a skilled diver before hitting water - The difference is that my friend is no diver, and he hit steps extremely hard on the way down - mostly on his head as described by the guy at the bottom of the stairs that I got to know after the event.
    They didn't want to move him and he seemed unconscious. -- Within seconds he got up and rose to his feet

This is where it gets very strange for me and my friend at the bottom of the stairs who related his description of the event.
    He stood up with a big grin on his face and then collapsed again , and he was out for another 30 seconds or more.

He wore a very thick piece of rectangular jade around his neck on a clasp. Very close to his neck and not hanging down.
    When he stood up, they heard something hitting the ground ...... It had broken perfectly in half.

Dubsy

BTW . Mashika ........ Women running around with swords is considered kinda sexy in Asia

I'm always amazed at the "green" stone situation, not the first time i relate to that
    Quote I also have a few more memories from other times, surprisingly also involving velvet red, silver and emeralds, but from other older times, seems like a constant thing in my life, red velvet, emeralds and silver
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1419785

It does seem there's a connection across people, or links somehow, based on that and experiences most people would not believe, like exactly that experience from your friend

But Q: Was your friend's Jade, green at all?
    Last edited by Mashika; 27th July 2021 at 08:42.
    Tired

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Dubsy (31st July 2021), Victoria (28th July 2021)

19. Link to Post #30
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,294 times in 1,173 posts

Could be your worried being dragged into the whole Earthly lattida ignore what I am seeing so it will not be happening syndrome. That dance for instance, Dance with the Vampires (or// Pardon me but your Teeth are in my Neck), type thing, People are all under a psychic spell, you're there, right in the heart of it, seeing crap and you get noticed by Waxer, the system, the elements, the control. You seem scared to be drawn into the fold of the ignorant, becoming what you dread. It's almost like someone is rattling your cage (in real time), trying to change your mind on things, perhaps you're denying this to be happening/true and you subconscious is warning you. Even worrying about that jab to become mandatory down the road.

In all cases, something is definitively trying to warn you for something, might it be fear or vigilance.

Next time situate yourself in front of a mirror and make yourself look, remember what you see.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Dubsy (31st July 2021), Mashika (27th July 2021), Victoria (28th July 2021)

21. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mad Scientist (here)
    Could be your worried being dragged into the whole Earthly lattida ignore what I am seeing so it will not be happening syndrome. That dance for instance, Dance with the Vampires (or// Pardon me but your Teeth are in my Neck), type thing, People are all under a psychic spell, you're there, right in the heart of it, seeing crap and you get noticed by Waxer, the system, the elements, the control. You seem scared to be drawn into the fold of the ignorant, becoming what you dread. It's almost like someone is rattling your cage (in real time), trying to change your mind on things, perhaps you're denying this to be happening/true and you subconscious is warning you. Even worrying about that jab to become mandatory down the road.

In all cases, something is definitively trying to warn you for something, might it be fear or vigilance.

Next time situate yourself in front of a mirror and make yourself look, remember what you see.

Excellent . Mad Scientist Luv' the name

I have the feeling that everything is connected, although, I have never associated being told anything in a 'dream state' to benefit me/others. or recognize the signs - until I have begun to take notice

I am in no doubt whatsoever (in part thanks to reading you guys on Avalon) that my gut/ heart / feelings -- Call it what we want, are coming to the fore and are connecting in their own way once I learn to listen rather than being an observer.

Dubsy

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

9ideon (27th July 2021), Mashika (27th July 2021), Victoria (28th July 2021)

23. Link to Post #32
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,224 times in 2,093 posts

I have the feeling that everything is connected, although, I have never associated being told anything in a 'dream state' to benefit me/others. or recognize the signs - until I have begun to take notice

I am in no doubt whatsoever (in part thanks to reading you guys on Avalon) that my gut/ heart / feelings -- Call it what we want, are coming to the fore and are connecting in their own way once I learn to listen rather than being an observer.

Dubsy
    Dubsy, practice listening to yourself, in everyday life situations - your gut feelings. Write it down when a strong simple thought comes to you like advice, to read later when you are questioning whether you are remembering correctly. I bet you will find that if you went with what your gut told you in the first place you would have had a better outcome with things. What we often do is ignore these thoughts and go back and forth in our mind.

Practice isolating the first gut feeling/thought that comes to mind and go with it - you might be surprised.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

9ideon (27th July 2021), Dubsy (31st July 2021), Victoria (28th July 2021)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

My first post on Avalon.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Bill, the Mods, and the superb postings from all you contributors. - You've kept me company through some challenging times.

I'm not one of those that remember all my dreams on waking. I often have the experience of recalling parts ( I've heard them described as 'pizza dreams') not unlike old nonsense poems that conjure up brief feelings and surrealist imagery that seemingly mean nothing, yet, not discounting for one moment that they have a deeper meaning on a subconscious level that I am completely oblivious to.

I've had a series of dreams spanning the last 3 years. They come and go in frequency ( I've had 2 in as many weeks, and then often many months until the next ) that involve the same person/entity.

These dreams have always begun in a calm, often serine and beautiful setting. I've been on a beach. in a forest, walking down a street. even in a Versailles type ballroom with people dancing around me. - Then, I see a man, and at that instance the atmosphere changes from calm to abject terror ( my personal experience/feeling, not the people around me who seem not to notice anything untoward and carry on unfazed ).

This man/entity, I've come to call the waxwork because he always has a blank expression (his demeaner, face never changes ) but. his clothing does change to fit with the dream setting or location. I was walking through a wooded location and he appeared as a farmer archetype by a gate wearing attire that would befit a farmer/landowner from the 19'th century . I am in a street and he appears in a 'crowd scene' dressed in what I can only describe as rags, that do not fit the ambiance of that happy crowd scene. Even in a crowd he stands out because his eyes follow me, and I find it impossible to draw myself away and ignore his presence

He reminds me of a waxwork ( showing my age now ) that you see in a Madame Tussauds 'museum' His face and dark slicked back hair are shiny almost oily, and his countenance is fixed.

On the last last few occasions his presence in my dreams have become more interactive.
    I always had the feeling of fear and trepidation the moment I noticed him, although my memory is of backing away with no actual contact.

In the last 2 dreams that he has manifested, he has tried to grab me. - I responded each time by lashing out and fighting him off ( sounds rather pathetic in a dream context ). On both occasions my dream state ended abruptly, with me bathed in sweat and absolutely unable to form a thought or comprehend anything for what seemed like several minutes - It took me a long time to snap out of my dream state.

It has been 3 weeks to the day that I have dreamt soundly without any intrusion from 'Mr. Waxman'. I will also add ( because I think it is relevant - as you do not know me ).
    I do not take any drugs. pharmaceutical or otherwise. I am un-vaxxed and fully intend to remain so, and have no anxiety or problems in my life.

Your thoughts on this will be much appreciated by myself

BTW ............. Do not hesitate to call me Dubsy. - not my birthname, but has been my 'nickname' and name between friends since my Grandfather 'Christened' me with it many years ago.

He didn't seem to like my birthname and I've grown into it

Dubsy
    If he approaches you, you approach HIM, grab him and ask "what are you really?" If he persists, maybe ask "why are you?" Maybe, I'll count to 3 and then you will cease to exist forerver. That's why you're here, right?'

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Dubsy (31st July 2021), Victoria (28th July 2021)

27. Link to Post #34
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,303 times in 1,659 posts

"If he approaches you, you approach HIM, grab him and ask "what are you really?" If he persists, maybe ask "why are you?" Maybe, I'll count to 3 and then you will cease to exist forever. That's why you're here, right?"

A friend told me about his "dream stalker" :it was a GREY...my friend just keep running away...

I told my friend: 1) no fear 2) stand you Grund 3) in dreams you are Superman 4) ask him /her/ it what they want 5)no answer? laugh they ugliness 6) **** off or I will kick your ass ( Im Superman)
    Problem result, now my friend giggle in joy about that.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

Dubsy (31st July 2021), pueblo (28th July 2021)

29. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi TargetT

Many thanks guys

Dubsy

Dubsy

I'm always amazed at the "green" stone situation, not the first time i relate to that
    Quote I also have a few more memories from other times, surprisingly also involving velvet red, silver and emeralds, but from other older times, seems like a constant thing in my life, red velvet, emeralds and silver
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1419785

It does seem there's a connection across people, or links somehow, based on that and experiences most people would not believe, like exactly that experience from your friend

But Q: Was your friend's Jade, green at all?

Yes. I've seen it several times because he still wears it ( and I think I would too )

It is the sea green colour rather than the bright light green or the reddish brown, that is actually more valuable in China, especially if it has the red 'vein marks' within the stone.

30. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Vicus (here)
    "If he approaches you, you approach HIM, grab him and ask "what are you really?" If he persists, maybe ask "why are you?" Maybe, I'll count to 3 and then you will cease to exist forever. That's why you're here, right?"

A friend told me about his "dream stalker" :it was a GREY...my friend just keep running away...

I told my friend: 1) no fear 2) stand you Grund 3) in dreams you are Superman 4) ask him /her/ it what they want 5)no answer? laugh they ugliness 6) **** off or I will kick your ass ( Im Superman)
    Problem result, now my friend giggle in joy about that.
    For sure

There seems to be common theme from when I began my quest for advice and answers on this subject, that people are suggesting that I confront this 'Waxman' in some way

31. Link to Post #37
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    My first post on Avalon.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Bill, the Mods, and the superb postings from all you contributors. - You've kept me company through some challenging times.

I'm not one of those that remember all my dreams on waking. I often have the experience of recalling parts ( I've heard them described as 'pizza dreams') not unlike old nonsense poems that conjure up brief feelings and surrealist imagery that seemingly mean nothing, yet, not discounting for one moment that they have a deeper meaning on a subconscious level that I am completely oblivious to.

I've had a series of dreams spanning the last 3 years. They come and go in frequency ( I've had 2 in as many weeks, and then often many months until the next ) that involve the same person/entity.

These dreams have always begun in a calm, often serine and beautiful setting. I've been on a beach. in a forest, walking down a street. even in a Versailles type ballroom with people dancing around me. - Then, I see a man, and at that instance the atmosphere changes from calm to abject terror ( my personal experience/feeling, not the people around me who seem not to notice anything untoward and carry on unfazed ).

This man/entity, I've come to call the waxwork because he always has a blank expression (his demeaner, face never changes ) but. his clothing does change to fit with the dream setting or location. I was walking through a wooded location and he appeared as a farmer archetype by a gate wearing attire that would befit a farmer/landowner from the 19'th century . I am in a street and he appears in a 'crowd scene' dressed in what I can only describe as rags, that do not fit the ambiance of that happy crowd scene. Even in a crowd he stands out because his eyes follow me, and I find it impossible to draw myself away and ignore his presence

He reminds me of a waxwork ( showing my age now ) that you see in a Madame Tussauds 'museum' His face and dark slicked back hair are shiny almost oily, and his countenance is fixed.

On the last last few occasions his presence in my dreams have become more interactive.
    I always had the feeling of fear and trepidation the moment I noticed him, although my memory is of backing away with no actual contact.

In the last 2 dreams that he has manifested, he has tried to grab me. - I responded each time by lashing out and fighting him off ( sounds rather pathetic in a dream context ). On both occasions my dream state ended abruptly, with me bathed in sweat and absolutely unable to form a thought or comprehend anything for what seemed like several minutes - It took me a long time to snap out of my dream state.

It has been 3 weeks to the day that I have dreamt soundly without any intrusion from 'Mr. Waxman'. I will also add ( because I think it is relevant - as you do not know me ).
    I do not take any drugs. pharmaceutical or otherwise. I am un-vaxxed and fully intend to remain so, and have no anxiety or problems in my life.

Your thoughts on this will be much appreciated by myself

BTW ............. Do not hesitate to call me Dubsy. - not my birthname, but has been my 'nickname' and name between friends since my Grandfather 'Christened' me with it many years ago.

He didn't seem to like my birthname and I've grown into it

Dubsy
    If he approaches you, you approach HIM, grab him and ask "what are you really?" If he persists, maybe ask "why are you?" Maybe, I'll count to 3 and then you will cease to exist forerver. That's why you're here, right?'
    We seem to have more of a counsel for me to be more proactive and try to control the situation.

32. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Patient (here)

Dubsy
    Dubsy, practice listening to yourself, in everyday life situations - your gut feelings. Write it down when a strong simple thought comes to you like advice, to read later when you are questioning whether you are remembering correctly. I bet you will find that if you went with what your gut told you in the first place you would have had a better outcome with things. What we often do is ignore these thoughts and go back and forth in our mind.

Practice isolating the first gut feeling/thought that comes to mind and go with it - you might be surprised.
    Sage advice, Patient

I like your style, and I also resonate with your last comment that we often ignore thoughts
    Last edited by Dubsy; 31st July 2021 at 05:39.

33. Link to Post #39
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Hi there Dubsy! Nice first post, and good description, I felt like I was right there with you in those creepy situations.

First off, interesting you mention that no one else in these dreams seem to notice the change in atmosphere you describe when this "man/entity" appears. In dreams where I can fly or levitate, no one ever notices either, and it gets frustrating! It gets to the point where I'll be talking to someone, and decide to just levitate right there in front of them, they have to notice that now, right? Nope, they just carry on like nothing has happened ROFL!

Anyway, to your main point, this being doesn't sound like they have any real power over you, if they can try and grab you, but not succeed, to me that says a lot. After thinking about it a bit, this is what I would do in your situation. I'd get it fixed in my mind that from now on, whenever I encounter this being, I need to just casually and confidently approach them and ask what they want. Hell, they may not actually be stalking you at all, it may just seem that way, maybe there's more to it than that.
    Graceful Gracy .

Forgive me for not answering in time, yet time is just a construct (imo)

When I look back - the way you 'very matter of fact'ly' explained your dream state 'philosophy' ?

I once called you a star .............. and I wish to give you another

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Gracy (31st July 2021)

35. Link to Post #40
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

Does this include an ex-spouse?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Dubsy (1st August 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast