Thread: Woke Insanity!

1. Link to Post #1
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,396 times in 4,297 posts

Default Woke Insanity!

What happens when wokeness goes beyond merely calling out prejudice and injustice? This is what this thread is about. Essentially, when wokeness reaches such absurd extremes that it totally flies in the face of reason, when it abolishes common decency, and sometimes when it even contradicts the very virtue it professes to argue!

This wOkEneSs is descending rapidly into true insanity. Although you can't really say insanity any longer. "Mental health condition" is the acceptable term now, "insanity" being considered offensive, violent, and triggering. Ah, but the word "triggering" could itself be scrubbed, because according to this University, the word "triggering" is too...triggering, they write, [because it] "has connections to guns for many people".

By this butchered logic one could also declare the word "woke" itself as offensive on behalf of people in comas, right?

This is what I'm talking about.

The first assumption wokeness makes, and from which everything then proceeds, is that language can be violence. This absurd idea is fundamentally flawed from the outset. Because no it can't be violence. Violence is a physical force that can cause physical harm, and death under extreme circumstances. Violence is violence. End of. Language on the other hand is simply noise we make with our vocal cords. Yes, words have power, tremendous power, and without them we would still be animals. They can evoke an infinity of reactions: happiness, inspiration, anger, appeasement, and many many more, including, yes, offence. But in Stephen Hughes's famous skit he comments, "so you're offended, so what? Nothing really happens!" Hughes continues:

'how can you make it an offence to offend people? Being offended is subjective, it has everything to do with you as an individual, or a collective, or a group, or a society, or a community, your moral conditioning, your religious beliefs. What offends me may not offend you, and you want to make laws about this...?'

Couldn't agree more with that.

I see no end to this madness. I speculated here that society is developing a serious mental health disorder for its continuous exposure and forced adaptation to the doctrine of woke. It's one thing to cry "woke" in the name of a social justice issue, but when it starts to remodel and rewrite history, revise language, or arbitrary cancel or invent words, when it can end people's careers, then it becomes dangerous. And dare I say, even violence?

I submit that woke supremacy is infinitely more of a threat to society than white supremacy.

If you have quarter of an hour the below video is an excellent summary of where the woke world is right now.

The insidious danger of political correctness was there to see – at least I saw it – twenty years ago. It has morphed since then into a galumphing abomination that's rambling and shambling across our cultural landscape, gobbling things up and tearing things down. In trying to create equality it succeeds in generating only more division. And this beast is becoming more and more powerful with every passing year. It's like that big evil fireball of Death heading towards Earth in the movie The Fifth Element: whatever you fire back at it only makes it grow stronger and larger and more deadly.

Don't wait around for it to starve either, because there is no end to its appetite, and no boundary and no limit to what it will choose to feed on.

In my opinion, the only three things a person needs to conduct themselves conscientiously in their lives are common sense, responsibility, and good manners. All three, when faithfully exercised, preclude any need for ideologies like "wokeism". When wokeism is inserted into the mix it erases these three essential precepts and rewires human consciousness. There are other important ingredients for higher functioning, of course, like a dose of spiritual awareness, but ideology only corrupts. It's what ideology does. It's what brainwashing intrinsically is. Once you join an ideological cult everything you see, hear, and interpret gets viewed through the particular lens it thrusts in front of your face. As a result, young people in particular are having their thinking reprogrammed not in fact to tolerate but ultimately, via pretzel-like distortions of perception and intellection, to hate: their culture, their country, their history, themselves, and anyone different to themselves.

It causes brain damage. Not in the physiological sense, but in the ability to think, judge, and perceive.

An example?

This wokester takes a dig at comedian Bill Burr and his wife by calling her a "minority sex servant". His filters of perception have become so utterly tangled and contaminated by anti-racist woke indoctrination that he has come full circle (and far beyond) to become the very thing he was supposedly an enemy of. It transformed him into a racist, and not your regular in-your-face hillbilly racist, but a cold, sort of passive-aggressive, stunningly ignorant tool of a racist – which I'm sure he is totally unaware of. It's immediately obvious to the rest of us though whose lenses and filters have not been damaged. But if you pointed out to him this irony of ironies he'd likely flat out deny it, throw a tantrum, and probably call you a racist.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bill-burr-racism-1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	47037

This is where we are.

Ria Renée Hill herself – Bill's wife – chimes in with the only apt response for this sick tweet.

I invite further comment and reflection on this phenomenon if anyone has any to share, or more examples of this cultural vandalism of wokeness run amok, as it tramples decency and common sense, as it destroys inch by gradual inch our "enlightened" civilization.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th August 2021), Bill Ryan (11th August 2021), Hym (11th August 2021), Le Chat (25th July 2021), Mike (25th July 2021), mojo (25th July 2021), PurpleLama (26th July 2021), selinam (25th July 2021), thepainterdoug (25th July 2021), Tintin (11th August 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,334 times in 635 posts

Default Re: Woke Insanity!

As one who watched some of the TV franchises, I could meanwhile name thousands of examples from Hollywood, TV shows and movies, where this is rampant.

While I am all for equality and also diversity also in movies (where appropriate such as in US productions) it is just very exaggerated and always preachy and done so much like a 'slap in the face', if it would be done more subtle ... okay... but they don't care for subtlety anymore at all. It is just about Identity Politics all the time in many shows.

So many examples or virue signalling exaggerated, preaching white guilt, race and gender swapping all the time to get rid of whites, 'diversity' where no whites are allowed, a gay and lesbian couple in every tv show, overly strong PoCs (especially female) characters who beat up bad mostly white dudes all the time, etc. pp.

Just a 'tip' (hehe): The worst woke shows are 'Star Trek Discovery' and 'Batwoman' and the new 'Doctor Who'. At true CRINGE FEST triplet. Did not see the latter though, so I know it just from reviews, but the first one as a ST fan I kind of had to endure. (Btw, all three shows were already bad enough in acting and writing/scripting without the woke stuff).

Here's a few examples from the utmost Wokier-Than-Thou-Show 'Discovery':
    Almost all white males are dumb or evil (one exception was Captain Pike in season 2 but they got rid of him then). If whites are allowed to be good they must be on the spectrum somehow (ensign Tilly) or gay (the chief engineer Stamets). All women are strong and highly intelligent and they also do almost all of the action scences (e.g. there was an away combat team beamed onto a hostile ship that contained women only) and are mostly the commanding officers using their roles for talking down to males, most of these fine strong ladies are 'diverse' or course. Another nice example from season 1: one white guy died while 'mansplaining' to the others how good he was and then crash landed his ship.

Best example as a video: One famous scene is where Adira tells the the ships doctor and engineer (a gay couple btw) about the pronouns 'they/them' she prefers instead of being called a 'she'. How dare they in the first place? To be fair: they use the Trill species who incorporate many male and female incarnations, so this makes indeed some sense, yet it wasn't done before this way in the other shows and it is clearly misused for ID politics and not as some interesting plot device to show a kind of multiple personality (disorder?) due to the many lives and personalities lived.

Here it is, have fun :

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th August 2021), Bill Ryan (11th August 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (25th July 2021), Mike (25th July 2021), mountain_jim (25th July 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,661 times in 2,080 posts

You cannot change a source or narrative unless it has a title first . Current upcoming titles for covid and not the regular flu will be following the alphabet covid C, delta D , and the next one E. As with the titles way back as A.D.D. , now we have a title , what is the solution. In all of these cases making money in big pharma is a main component.

Now we have the cancel culture narrative happening and just ponder the think tank meetings of those who sit around a table late into the night sipping their pink lemonade through a straw targeting everything they think needs to be changed and how to give it a smear title to start the ball rolling. Once a title is born it now becomes a target.

Recently it was announced in Chicago that when a shooting happens they are going to start sending counselors to reason with mostly gang members about their purpose in life and why they are doing what they are doing. This reminds me of the movie demolition man with Sylvester Stallone. This morning insanity on the Sunday am news reports is one of the rise in gun violence in the usa. The news reporters seem clueless to the last 2 years where police were villanized, defunded, unsupported, and basically thrown to the wolves by the woke czars and now instead of taking the blame for the culture they have created with runaway crime and police officers who are not putting themselves in jeapordy in any way, the new target now is it's the guns fault and that is our problem. Nevermind an estimated 2 million incidences of crimes or violence are actually deterred every year in the States from the protection of a gun.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th August 2021), Bill Ryan (11th August 2021), Hym (11th August 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th July 2021), Mike (25th July 2021), mountain_jim (25th July 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,066 times in 3,146 posts

Star Mariner

Thanks for this post. It is certainly in concert with my "Woke / vrs, In the know" post.

At this point I can only see this analagous to some kind of computer virus spreading , infecting and carrying in its component a loss of memory to reality, and replacing it with complete denial that there is anything even out of place.
    What were all these people thinking a short 3 years ago? Where was wokeness, and the outrage that it wasnt a reality?

Well I am short on words now, I keep thinking of the tower of bable where everyone was cast into an inability to understand each others language.

I have learned a lot about the American people this last 2 years. What we are made of, and Im in shock. Better hope these children dont actually have to "get real" should anything of any real crucial reality such as a boots on the ground war, arriving on our shores.
    Then again, we have already been defeated without a shot, as Kruschev predicted.

Most glaringly absent from this entire "woke " movement is , love

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th August 2021), Arcturian108 (25th July 2021), Bill Ryan (11th August 2021), Blacklight43 (25th July 2021), Hym (11th August 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th July 2021), Mike (25th July 2021), Pam (12th August 2021), wondering (11th August 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,220 times in 8,550 posts

Totally agree about Star Trek Voyager and Dr Who - both franchises I grew up with and loved
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th August 2021), Bill Ryan (11th August 2021), Hym (11th August 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th July 2021), Open Minded Dude (25th July 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,334 times in 635 posts

A good recent commentary with many examples of the sci-fi franchises I mentioned above by Dave Cullen:

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th August 2021), Bill Ryan (11th August 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th July 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)

Thanks for this post. It is certainly in concert with my "Woke / vrs, In the know" post.
    Thanks Doug yes, I was going to post on your thread, but I decided it was probably best to put it in its own as I kind of ended up going on my own tirade. I also wanted to highlight the intrinsic hypocrisy of extreme wokeism, and the existential threat it poses.

Quote Posted by Open Minded Dude (here)
    So many examples or virue signalling exaggerated, preaching white guilt, race and gender swapping all the time to get rid of whites, 'diversity' where no whites are allowed, a gay and lesbian couple in every tv show, overly strong PoCs (especially female) characters who beat up bad mostly white dudes all the time, etc. pp.
    Right, and this is now everywhere. I've seen a number of beloved franchises massacred in the name of wokeism. Star Trek absolutely chief among them. I have no interest in going anywhere near Discovery or Picard, and not just for the wokeness. It just ain't Roddenberry's Star Trek. To get that fix I look no further than the Orville, which is infinitely more Star Trek than Star Trek these days! Go figure.

Don't get me started on Star Wars though. We also have Indiana Jones 5 to worry about (rumours of him being killed off and replaced by a woman), but what grinds my gears most of all is the Game of Thrones style reboot they're planning for Lord of the Rings, for me the most sacred IP of all. Talk of a female Gandalf, multi-ethnic elves, gay characters and of course sex and nudity in abundance. It may sound awfully bigoted and old-fashioned of me to oppose such "progressive ideas", it's just that I don't want real-world politics thrust into a long-established fictional canon like Lord of the Rings! They do not belong. Tolkien would spin in his grave over all this, and I have every expectation (and hope!) that this will be nothing but a complete disaster.

..Like this piece of utter nonsense from Channel 5 – one of our main networks in the UK – who recently broadcast a 3 part historical drama series about Anne Boleyn, the famous second wife of Henry VIII. What woke wankery would they inject into this production one wondered? There would almost certainly be something. They wouldn't would they? Of course they did. They made Anne Boleyn black. Yes, they did.

Anne Boleyn was obviously and certainly white, she was in fact ginger-haired and white, because she's a known and historical figure. This very important aspect of the series, involving the main character, isn't actually mentioned on this series' wiki page, as if such details were incidental. I'm not offended by the notion of a suddenly non-white person in the royal court of Tudor England, it's simply that there weren't any. If she had been black I wouldn't care a jot. But she wasn't. Fact. That's it. Of course the critics were predictably sympathetic, fawning over its boldness. The general TV-viewing public? They panned it to oblivion. The ratings were abysmal and it has since been withdrawn from Rotten Tomatoes.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th August 2021), Bill Ryan (11th August 2021), Hym (11th August 2021), Mike (26th July 2021), onawah (11th August 2021), Tintin (11th August 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

Students triggered by racist rock on campus:

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th August 2021), Bill Ryan (11th August 2021), Hym (11th August 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th August 2021), Tintin (11th August 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

^ Holy friggin smokes. This boggles my mind.

Just think of the chain of custody here, starting at the first complaint received. That would've been followed by an investigation, then a petition, and then committees and zoom meetings to discuss that petition, before arriving at their decision. Then someone would've had to call round to find the right rig and the right crew to take on the job. Then organize a fund-raising campaign to get the fifty thousand to pay for it.

At a university, a centre of academia, you're telling me there wasn't one IQ along that chain high enough, capable enough, and not one soul brave enough, to simply stand up and say, as Shapiro puts it:

"wait a minute, you're telling me we have to spend 50 grand to move a giant ass rock because somebody called it a racist term a hundred years ago? Are you outa your mind?"

Friends, we are doomed.

~ Jimi Hendrix

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th August 2021), gord (12th August 2021), Mike (11th August 2021), onawah (11th August 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

Medical teacher apologizes for saying only women can get pregnant. 6 mins:

Note: I often wonder if there's any point in posting these types of things anymore, but I continue to plod forward..for better or worse. Any sane person would really only require a few examples of this brand of lunacy before realizing the world had gone mad. And the folks that don't recognize it or are pretending not to are likely mad themselves, and are unlikely to be enlightened by any of it.

Is there a neutral party somewhere in the middle, a party that is either indifferent, uninformed, misinformed, or just too frightened by woke bullies to even attempt a rational investigation of this crap? Well that's my hope. Perhaps they can be reached. Speaking of hope, it's quite easy to not have any these days. What keeps me going are sane, grounded, humorous voices like Star Mariner's and others that continue to plant the flag for Team Sanity. Thank you all.
    Last edited by Mike; 11th August 2021 at 18:50.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th August 2021), Ernie Nemeth (12th August 2021), gord (12th August 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th August 2021), wondering (13th August 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Is there a neutral party somewhere in the middle, a party that is either indifferent, uninformed, misinformed, or just too frightened by woke bullies to even attempt a rational investigation of this crap?
    I think this is actually the biggest obstacle we face. The weapon of wokeness isn't like a bomb blast that simply shatters everything under the target - it can and does do that, but its true lethality is the fallout it showers over the wider cultural landscape.

The name of that fallout is indeed fear. I have little doubt that most people are in fact still in command of their senses, and totally do not buy into wokeness at all. But when the consequences of speaking out in opposition to it are so much more detrimental (and dangerous) than simply falling in line - especially if you have a livelihood to protect - you lay very fertile soil indeed for wokeness not merely to survive, but thrive and expand and throw down even deeper roots.

Referencing the video above, if you really did ask your doctor "can a man get pregnant", I guarantee he or she will be thinking "no", but will instead answer, "well that depends on the following factors...blah blah blah".

Wokeness could be destroyed in a single stroke if every critic and opponent of it stood up together and in one voice said "that's it, f*** off, not doing it anymore, enough is enough". It would end tomorrow, but it won't, because exactly this: fear. Literally career-ending fear. That fear is real. It's easy for us to sit here and anonymously speak our minds, but would we do the same in, for example, a meeting at work? I wouldn't say any of this stuff in front of co-workers, not if I had any hope of coming into work again tomorrow. No way. So I really do understand how and why wokeness is able to thrive: because it is virtually uncontested. It's climbed the food chain to become an apex predator, one that's now near-to-impossible to kill. It has a level-3 forcefield around it that is deadly even to question, let alone touch.

You're an established professor or physician, and you announce that there are only 2 sexes, that man can't have babies and women can't produce sperm. What happens. A million tattooed millennial piranhas with green and purple hair swarm all over you and devour your life piece by piece until only a pile of bones are left. Hmmm, should I chose that, or just go along with what the woke crowd are saying? If you nod politely and agree, at least you'll be able to carry on practising or to you keep your tenure, paychecks will still come in and so you'll also keep your house, and that condo on the beach, and your circle of friends at the golf club will still be your circle of friends. It's not a difficult choice!

I strongly think it's the same for climate scientists. Do the vast majority of them really believe man-made carbon emissions are driving climate change? I seriously doubt it. But would they dare go against the grain? Probably not if they want to keep their jobs, or if they wanted to publish again, or get that lucrative new research grant. The threat of cancellation is a huge incentive. Add corrupt money and bribes into the mix, embed shills working for the powers that be, and a totally compromised MSN, and that's basically how it's done. The population is hypnotised en masse. Wokeness works the same way.
    Last edited by Mark (Star Mariner); 12th August 2021 at 16:05.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

gord (12th August 2021), Mike (12th August 2021), Peace in Oz (13th August 2021), wondering (13th August 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The tipping point cannot now be far off.

Youtube comments:

Dan Bunn
    This is a masterpiece.

ikaruga24
    The person who made this video has just made the scariest **** i have seen in a long time in any format.

Travel with Tony
    Watching this made me laugh and cry…at the same time.

MMSN90
    This is worse than all dystopian novels and films combined

Hunter Biden's Crackpipe
    God mode video, last sane thing left on youtube

xMrsmileyfacex
    I would of never thought that society would have gotten this bad. It's worse. It's apocalyptic.

ChipChapChop
    These are a work of art, Paul.
    This goes beyond brainwashing, these people have been destroyed. It's actually quite impressive from an academic perspective. Conquered without a single shot fired.

erik-kun
    To say that this world has gone absolutely insane would be an understatement.

Nanko van Dijk
    “But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!”

Will The Person
    "A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him saying, 'You are mad, you are not like us'." - St Anthony the Great

EDSZ
    "Can you sum up the 20's in one video?"
    Sure...

O' serapis
    This looks like a postapocalyptic sci-fi dystopia movie. but it's just reality

Wolfspyder5
    Well this was Grimm. In 30 years our grandchildren are going to ask "where did it all go wrong" I'm going to show them these modernity videos. Then they'll ask, "what did you do to stop it" hopefully my answer isn't "nothing".

Install Wizard
    I am convinced these are the end times. We are going to have to endure. Stay strong people.

~ Jimi Hendrix

+ Reply to Thread