+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When it is time to say ENOUGH! Calling out the New Age Philosophical BS

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Default When it is time to say ENOUGH! Calling out the New Age Philosophical BS

ffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 06:20.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Antagenet (3rd August 2021), Bill Ryan (2nd August 2021), bluestflame (6th August 2021), Charles Harris (1st August 2021), Chris Gilbert (2nd August 2021), Frankie Pancakes (4th August 2021), Journeyman (3rd August 2021), Le Chat (2nd August 2021), Mike (1st August 2021), muxfolder (2nd August 2021), Peace in Oz (2nd August 2021), Peter UK (1st August 2021), pueblo (2nd August 2021), ronny (3rd August 2021), Strat (4th August 2021), thepainterdoug (1st August 2021), Victoria (3rd August 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,304 times in 5,692 posts

Default Re: When it is time to say ENOUGH! Calling out the New Age Philosophical BS

Brian mentions the new age concept of "healing" in this piece. I have a few things to say about this too.

First off, I've never met a real healer in my entire life. If you call yourself a healer you should be able to heal stuff. If you can't actually heal anything, call yourself something else please.

Also, if you really have healed some people, trot them out. Let's see them. What exactly did you heal? I'd love to know.

If I have cancer, let's say, and I'm paying $200 for a "healing session", what exactly am I paying for if I'm still going to have cancer after the session?

Healing has been made into such a vague, muddy word in new age circles. Deliberately so. That way anyone can call themelves "healers" and monetize the title. Healers generally have a lot to say about everything besides what their so called healing actually does. They only speak in the vaguest terms, all while any kind of expectation is subtly tempered.

And it's because they don't do sh!t. It's simply ritual. Pageantry. They may be offering a loving intent or something, but if you're truly ill in any kind of serious way, that's mostly useless.

I really dislike being so cynical about all this, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by Mike; 1st August 2021 at 21:22.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Antagenet (3rd August 2021), avid (2nd August 2021), Bill Ryan (2nd August 2021), Constance (1st August 2021), Frankie Pancakes (4th August 2021), Ivanhoe (4th August 2021), Le Chat (2nd August 2021), muxfolder (2nd August 2021), Peace in Oz (2nd August 2021), Peter UK (1st August 2021), Victoria (3rd August 2021), Vicus (17th November 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Default Re: When it is time to say ENOUGH! Calling out the New Age Philosophical BS

ffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 06:20.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

avid (2nd August 2021), Bill Ryan (2nd August 2021), Le Chat (2nd August 2021), Mike (4th August 2021), Peace in Oz (2nd August 2021), Peter UK (2nd August 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Brian mentions the new age concept of "healing" in this piece. I have a few things to say about this too.

First off, I've never met a real healer in my entire life. If you call yourself a healer you should be able to heal stuff. If you can't actually heal anything, call yourself something else please.

Also, if you really have healed some people, trot them out. Let's see them. What exactly did you heal? I'd love to know.

If I have cancer, let's say, and I'm paying $200 for a "healing session", what exactly am I paying for if I'm still going to have cancer after the session?

Healing has been made into such a vague, muddy word in new age circles. Deliberately so. That way anyone can call themelves "healers" and monetize the title. Healers generally have a lot to say about everything besides what their so called healing actually does. They only speak in the vaguest terms, all while any kind of expectation is subtly tempered.

And it's because they don't do sh!t. It's simply ritual. Pageantry. They may be offering a loving intent or something, but if you're truly ill in any kind of serious way, that's mostly useless.

Thanks for your thoughts there Mikey. There is not much more I can add to what has been shared except to say that I'm looking forward to the day when what has been shared in the opening post, all goes without saying and I get to live and share with as many people as possible a heaven-on-earth.
    I look forward to one particular experience that IMO will be the domino that flattens the propped up false systems and opens up the heaven I imagine.... telepathic verification of who is true and who is a hypocrite and what we mean and what is TRUTH.

IMO the only way that we have as a collective overlaid all the obfuscation, manipulation and lying, is that we just cannot suss the motivations underneath the verbiage and pretense.

IMO perhaps that is the way forward... the psychic channels open up on a mass scale. We all clearly know who means what. It is the apocalypse.

People seem to be able to live with themselves despite their horrendous hypocrisy, ill intent and deliberate attempts to control and harm, steal from and use others energies. Maybe people's heads don't explode because they can have " whatever falsity" as a secret which no one else knows REALLY?

I had an incident this week on a personal scale. I had a friend here helping me a few months ago when I was out of town. Over the weekend I was at her house and saw some small objects that (I feel sure) had been my mom's. I was a little shocked but said that I thought they came from my house? She said "You know I would never take anything without asking" and that they came from somewhere else.

The TRUTH is that the objects I was referencing may have been stuff from my mothers jewelry box which had been in a bag that I had never sorted because of my issues with Mom, my own overwhelm about dealing with stuff and etc.

I cannot figure out how I can KNOW for sure that these were "mine" as I had just left the items in a bag. BUT I suspect that one item was unique enough to be a confirmed piece from my mom.

I dropped the whole subject but have some dregs of doubt and have to forgive MYSELF for setting myself up . IF I had "lived up" to the highest standard of responsibility to honor "something" (in my case honor material objects by having only the things that I appreciate and spending energy maintaining such objects as I have), I would not have left a huge hole for "potential pilferers" to enter.

I had never felt that this person would take stuff form me but I know she does have a large helping of addiction to having stuff...

ONLY telepathy would solve and cut through the layers of missed managed interactions. People would not be able to gaslight others and the WHOLE would be revealed. That includes our own secrets and lies. Be ready for the TRUTH spilling out of MY inner recesses. That to me is NEW age.
    Last edited by Delight; 2nd August 2021 at 15:45.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd August 2021), Constance (3rd August 2021), Frankie Pancakes (4th August 2021), Le Chat (2nd August 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th August 2021), Mike (4th August 2021), Pam (4th August 2021), Peace in Oz (4th August 2021), Peter UK (2nd August 2021), Sue (Ayt) (2nd August 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,340 times in 472 posts

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Thanks for your thoughts there Mikey. There is not much more I can add to what has been shared except to say that I'm looking forward to the day when what has been shared in the opening post, all goes without saying and I get to live and share with as many people as possible a heaven-on-earth.
    Amen to that, Constance....

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Le Chat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd August 2021), Constance (2nd August 2021), Delight (2nd August 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th August 2021), Mike (4th August 2021), Pam (4th August 2021), Peace in Oz (2nd August 2021), Peter UK (2nd August 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Nice thread, Constance. Thank you. You guys will appreciate this.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Antagenet (3rd August 2021), Bill Ryan (2nd August 2021), Constance (2nd August 2021), Frankie Pancakes (4th August 2021), I am B (4th August 2021), Ioneo (3rd August 2021), Mike (4th August 2021), Mike Gorman (4th August 2021), Pam (4th August 2021), Peter UK (2nd August 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,661 times in 480 posts

This is a cult I will join.

https://off-guardian.org/2021/08/01/the-cult-of-wtf/

If you’re finding yourself muttering WTF a lot more than usual; every story in the news, every advert on tele, every letter from your child’s school, every shop you go into, every phone call with that person you used to like &/ or be related to etc…

Welcome to ‘the cult of WTF’.

I think we were previously known as ‘the cult of bat**** crazy conspiracy theorists’, then it all came true & it got embarrassing.

Please know that you are not mentally ill, you are not a conspiracy theorist (albeit only in the sense that it’s not a theory; they are indeed out to get you), & you are not alone. It’s actually a wonderful place to be.

You might feel like you’re mentally ill, but this is only because our society is very sick, & being healthy in a sick society is for want of a better expression, ****ing hard work.

You might think you’re a conspiracy theorist, but this is only because the people out to get you coined this phrase a long time ago to discredit anyone beginning to WTF in their direction.

You might think you’re alone, but this is only because when you walk into a shop & WTF at the rules, face masks (& soon to be vaccine barcode stations), you will have no idea how many other people’s WTF-ometers are close to breaking point too.

So, how do we know who else is in the cult of WTF?
    How do we find each other?
    How do we know who we can talk to about all the WTF’s & know we’re in safe company?

The answer is simple: Smiling.

The modern day equivalent of the freemason handshake. It’s happening in supermarkets all across the land. Like a shining beacon in a sea of thick fog, you notice the rarity of a face.

You notice the absence of a lanyard.
    You feel your excitement build.
    You take the plunge.
    You look them in the eye…
    …And you know.

An entire conversation plays out somewhere above your heads, & without a single word being passed between you, you feel what can only be described as an intimate connection.

WTF?
    WTF just happened?
    Why do I love this stranger?
    Am I a lesbian?
    No it’s not like that.
    I felt love though…

That’s how we communicate in the cult of WTF.

It’s awesome.

There’s no initiation ceremony, you don’t have to ask to join, you do it completely by accident, sometimes after much resistance – like being swept down a river & trying to hang onto the weeds because if you let go you don’t know where you’ll end up or who with. You’re scared you’ll turn weird… but everything already is weird – that’s why you’re WTF’ing so much.

You can’t help it, you have to let go eventually; the dirty weeds can’t hold you anymore. And they stink.

Then you find yourself here. With the rest of us!

Yay!

You might feel a bit awkward in this new territory, especially if you might’ve previously put one of these 😂 on one of our very serious anti-establishment Facebook posts… But we’ll let that go & give you a hug anyway.

That’s how we roll here.

Here, there is no place for bitching, snitching, controlling, trolling or Matt Hancock. We own our bodies, we own our minds & we allow others to do the same.

I know. Maverick.

We use words that make the BBC cross – words like freedom & sovereignty. We don’t care. We crack on anyway.

There are so many more of us than you’d ever know, & we’re quietly building a different way; one that doesn’t require permission to breathe.

The cult of WTF is really the New Earth in disguise.

The doors are always open, please feel free to join us at any time.

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Frankie Pancakes For This Post:

aoibhghaire (3rd August 2021), Bill Ryan (4th August 2021), Blacklight43 (3rd August 2021), Constance (3rd August 2021), Delight (3rd August 2021), gord (3rd August 2021), Ivanhoe (4th August 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (3rd August 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th August 2021), Mike (4th August 2021), Mike Gorman (4th August 2021), Pam (4th August 2021), Sue (Ayt) (4th August 2021), wondering (6th August 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Agreed. It hits home with me because my health sucks. I wish people wouldn't knock traditional doctors and promote 'healers' (which is what doctors are IMO). My health has improved quite a bit lately. Not all doctors are evil devil worshipping illuminati members. I simply talk with them. I told my docs for my high blood pressure I don't want to take meds, I just wanted to live a healthier life style and they said OK. No prob. They didn't force anything on me. Some docs suck, some don't. This is a pattern in life with all things.

I do believe in placebo and how powerful it is. I think traditional science will eventually discover how it works. We shouldn't butt heads with science, we should use it. Science will ultimately prove how we all are healers.

For those who claim to be are healers, I can not understand from a moral standpoint how one does this. Go to a childrens hospital and start healing kids. Stop writing books and start healing. Word of mouth will follow, you won't have to write a book, start a blog, or give lectures.

Heal this girl:

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th August 2021), Frankie Pancakes (4th August 2021), Mike (4th August 2021), Mike Gorman (4th August 2021), Pam (4th August 2021), Sue (Ayt) (4th August 2021), wondering (6th August 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

I hear the frustration, and justified anger in your article; yes the WWW based 'healers' are being enabled by a new class of "Entrepreneur Builders' - people such as Jeff Walker who runs his operations from a mansion in the Colorado mountains. I know Jeff Walker's work because I too was attracted to this concept of 'Launching' and gaining a community; luckily my Bull**** radar kicked in fairly early on. It is not that people such as Jeff Walker are evil, or malicious, they are just greedy and in love with their own Kool Aid. The Launch community attracts hordes of middle class, jaded bureaucrats and people who want to make lots of money by seducing a few thousand people to follow their work: all it takes is a few hundred really to make quite a bundle.
    I use Jeff Walker as the example because he is an original, he started out offering an email newsletter for stock market traders, but rapidly built an empire of online education providers, and many of these people are part of the New Age health craze, so-called 'Holistic healing' and psychology, many of them are just hustlers, ordinary people who can spot a market opportunity.
    It is actually interesting to observe this Jeff Walker community, he manages to make millions of dollars each year from intense training courses, and exclusive 'master mind clubs' - really most of his training is fairly basic digital literacy stuff, how to build a credible website, use auto-responder email, produce a three-part video series to launch your 'business'. Good call, I think we should call more of these people out for enabling such a mob of quacks and charlatans.

The whole community is rife with narcissistic, smug money grubbing types.
    Last edited by Mike Gorman; 4th August 2021 at 04:48.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th August 2021), Frankie Pancakes (4th August 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (4th August 2021), Journeyman (6th August 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th August 2021), Mike (4th August 2021), mokosh (4th August 2021), Pam (4th August 2021), Sue (Ayt) (4th August 2021), wondering (6th August 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

I am pretty sure, as we enter into the end stage of the inversion that every institution, ideology or life style has at least some level of corruption.

I remember when I had finally set myself up to be able to commit to spend a large amount of time volunteering, primarily for animal rescue non profit organizations I was so excited. I thought it would be the last bastion of incorruptibility.I was sure wrong about that. Although many volunteers are altruistic in what they do there are those that find out these organizations are ripe to exploit and extort. The interesting thing is that most good willed volunteers will either not notice, not say anything or good old cognitive dissonance will set in.

I had to make the very tough call at one organization that does an immense amount of good, whether to report their "director" for theft that had been going on for a long while. Others had left the organization because of this so the only solution would be to seek criminal charges. I weighed the possibility that the whole rescue could be shut down or cease to function due to poor publicity vs. the good that they do and chose not to take action. Sociopaths see the generous "donations" that people good heartedly give and the greed kicks in. That is not the only organization where I have seen this. I am still not sure I made the best decision, but in this case I felt the good outweighed the bad.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (4th August 2021), Bill Ryan (4th August 2021), Frankie Pancakes (4th August 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (4th August 2021), Journeyman (6th August 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th August 2021), Mike (4th August 2021), Strat (4th August 2021), wondering (6th August 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,088 times in 20,639 posts

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that you have never met an authentic healer, Mike.
    Maybe you just never really tried to find one?
    I have met quite a few over the years and received healings from them which felt great and helped give me a jumpstart in life.
    I've never met a healer who was able to totally restore my body to health, which as I think you know, was severely damaged by a drunk hit-and-run-driver back in '72, but that doesn't mean that they weren't healers, or that their work didn't have a positive affect on me.
    There have been cases of dramatic healings that got rid of the problem temporarily, but sometimes it comes back, and sometimes that's due to karma or just lack of preventative measures taken on the part of the ill person.
    It seems that many times healings don't have lasting effects because the person is needing to experience that condition for some karmic reason.
    But at least they can get some temporary relief, and if you're in chronic pain, you know that can be a big help.
    Healing through spiritual people and Shamanic work has been going on for centuries, and doesn't have anything to do with New Age woo woo.
    But there are certainly a lot of phonies in the New Age movement, no question.
    And the planet is so toxic now, just staying healthy is getting more and more challenging.

Each breath a gift...

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (6th August 2021), Mike (7th August 2021), Pam (6th August 2021), Peace in Oz (6th August 2021), wondering (6th August 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,106 times in 905 posts

I agree, Onawah. I am trained in Healing Touch, similar to Reiki. I don't actively practice anymore with some exceptions. I have had experiences where I was able to resolve severe headaches, for example, which is a pretty specific issue that could be assessed by the person who had the headache. I have never claimed to be a Healer, but I know there were times when I was able to help. Not always. So there is much mystery around the whole process, but I don't think it can be dismissed out of hand.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

avid (6th August 2021), Mike (7th August 2021), onawah (7th August 2021)

+ Reply to Thread