Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Default Re: Ground Control to Captain Kirk

Quote Posted by Did You See Them (here)
    Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    Remarkable and captivating.

A moment of extraordinary contrast at the end... Kirk himself emerges from the capsule, tentatively at first, as if landing on a strange new world. He looks around him, takes it all in: tears swell in his eyes. The camera lingers on him as he weighs careful words, attempting, stumbling at first, to give expression to what was a profound, transformational experience. At last the words come...we lean in to hear what may go down in the Ages...but we can barely hear him, drowned out by the screaming, whooping, chattering hens in the background as if on a saturday night out at Carlos & Charlie's.
    True - but he composed himself after Bezos interrupted his first words with a bottle of bubbly and still showed enough emotion in his experience to bring a tear to the eye.
    It bothered me badly that he got interrupted and had to just stand there waiting to see what was next. A bit disrespectful, honestly, and it ruined the moment completely i think, should have been more memorable than a "yeah i hear you but let me go get a bottle first! Ok so yeah, what were you saying?"

There was a missed opportunity there, could have been more 'historical' and memorable, and i don't think they planned anything after the landing, that was a lost chance to make a very cool and unique event in history

But it's very nice still, that he's still around and be able to experience this, something that could not have happened some years ago, he got to see and live it on his own, and that's truly very cool

Hopefully we'll hear more about this later on in his show, or somewhere else
    Last edited by Mashika; 13th October 2021 at 17:10.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd April 2022), Donald Ryan (13th October 2021), Harmony (14th October 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (14th October 2021), mountain_jim (13th October 2021)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Donald Ryan's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Ground Control to Captain Kirk

May he live long and prosper!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Donald Ryan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd April 2022), Harmony (14th October 2021), Mashika (13th October 2021), mountain_jim (13th October 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3