Thread: The New Age Deception

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Default Re: The New Age Deception

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    I think the world was once filled with talented psychics and seers and mediums. I think things like astrology and numerology were once highly refined and respected arts/sciences. I think channelers and remote viewers were once commonplace.

I think the 'New Age' is really just a highly diluted and repackaged version of the old age. A photo negative. A cartoon. The New Age has merely co-opted the old age and replaced all the gifted and talented practicioners of old with the useless imposters we see today.
    DEAN RADIN'S 2018 book - REAL MAGIC - provides a comprehensive breakdown of how, when and why that happened. Currently reading it so can't provide more info. Got it at local library which was pretty cool.

Here's the blurb:

Quote The chief scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) turns a critical eye toward such practices as telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition and psychokinesis. Are such powers really possible? Science says yes.

According to noted scientist and bestselling author of The Conscious Universe, Dean Radin, magic is a natural aspect of reality, and each of us can tap into this power with diligent practice.

But wait, aren't things like ESP and telepathy just wishful thinking and flights of the imagination? Not according to the author, who worked on the US government's top secret psychic espionage program known as Stargate. Radin has spent the last forty years conducting controlled experiments that demonstrate that thoughts are things, that we can sense others' emotions and intentions from a distance, that intuition is more powerful than we thought, and that we can tap into the power of intention (think The Secret, only on a more realistic and scientific level). These dormant powers can help us to lead more interesting and fulfilling lives.

Beginning with a brief history of magic over the centuries (what was called magic two thousand years ago is turning out to be scientific fact today), a review of the scientific evidence for magic, a series of simple but effective magical techniques (the key is mental focus, something elite athletes know a lot about), Radin then offers a vision of a scientifically-informed magic and explains why magic will play a key role in frontiers of science[.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Harmony (10th August 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (26th June 2022), Journeyman (10th August 2021), Mike (10th August 2021), Open Minded Dude (10th August 2021), Peace in Oz (10th August 2021), Peter UK (10th August 2021), Tintin (10th August 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Quote Posted by Gemma13 (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    I think the world was once filled with talented psychics and seers and mediums. I think things like astrology and numerology were once highly refined and respected arts/sciences. I think channelers and remote viewers were once commonplace.

I think the 'New Age' is really just a highly diluted and repackaged version of the old age. A photo negative. A cartoon. The New Age has merely co-opted the old age and replaced all the gifted and talented practicioners of old with the useless imposters we see today.
    DEAN RADIN'S 2018 book - REAL MAGIC - provides a comprehensive breakdown of how, when and why that happened. Currently reading it so can't provide more info. Got it at local library which was pretty cool.

Here's the blurb:

Quote The chief scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) turns a critical eye toward such practices as telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition and psychokinesis. Are such powers really possible? Science says yes.

According to noted scientist and bestselling author of The Conscious Universe, Dean Radin, magic is a natural aspect of reality, and each of us can tap into this power with diligent practice.

But wait, aren't things like ESP and telepathy just wishful thinking and flights of the imagination? Not according to the author, who worked on the US government's top secret psychic espionage program known as Stargate. Radin has spent the last forty years conducting controlled experiments that demonstrate that thoughts are things, that we can sense others' emotions and intentions from a distance, that intuition is more powerful than we thought, and that we can tap into the power of intention (think The Secret, only on a more realistic and scientific level). These dormant powers can help us to lead more interesting and fulfilling lives.

Beginning with a brief history of magic over the centuries (what was called magic two thousand years ago is turning out to be scientific fact today), a review of the scientific evidence for magic, a series of simple but effective magical techniques (the key is mental focus, something elite athletes know a lot about), Radin then offers a vision of a scientifically-informed magic and explains why magic will play a key role in frontiers of science[.
    There are a few different approaches to the science behind magic. IMO they acknowledge the main difference between materialism and a more multidimensional POV. It all comes down to what kind of environment is "this earthly experienced place"? There is a power, a mental realm, a nonphysical origin that one could call "spirit" or ether or Aether. Including the other nonmaterial dimensions IS the new paradigm of science. The ancient magic and the present science are only divorced by the refusal to acknowledge the is MUCH MORE to everything than the conventional explanations that assume only "matter" is real and ignore the Cause of why matter looks as it does.

I am very excited by the new model where we have only just begun to tentatively explore.... our freedom as sovereign creative beings. So many just cannot believe in what seems impossible. IMO that is because of the only "recognized" arbiter of the "meta physical"... religion. This is any Religion whose purpose is to control the "minds and hearts". New Age or Old Age, but always a middle man necessary.

This means actually IMO that the PTB have always used the science called magic against us. Then many who actually encounter some sort of path are always diverted form the crux... that the MIND CREATES reality (ALL THE TIME) so anything can be created IF the observing mind and the allowing intention is focused in the way that would create THAT.

Some fault the attempt to look at the science of our world with the lens of "quantum" physics or attempt to study the "paranormal evidence" such as NDEs or psychic abilities or healing or reincarnation. These are actually not random and the patterns of subjective experience is leading us to the truth. One aspect of the new science that is really important is that subjective and qualitative information reveals underlying principles. This is awesome. WE can connect with the Absolute/Ineffable/True Living Presence of Source of All particulars and learn through our experience of the Divine.

This is IMO where we FEEL the mystery and know the magic of God on a personal level.
    Last edited by Delight; 10th August 2021 at 02:37.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Harmony (10th August 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (26th June 2022), Journeyman (10th August 2021), Peter UK (10th August 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,754 times in 2,614 posts

When you think about it “The New Age” is looking forward to the future, to become. We have a habit or desire to take what we have learned or consider knowledge, and try and use it wisely or use wisdom to move forward.

Singling out parts of the whole and exploring them, which is what some of the new age materials do, isn’t always a bad thing, but often I think is just looking at an aspect of the whole. Everything exists within everything else in some sort of relative integrated way. With all “levels” or aspects of the whole needing balance, finding the middle or still point on the horizontal and vertical type of imaginary axis.

One day, hopefully, all the science appearing as magic, will be explained or understood if we can comprehend it. The problems sometimes arising are people not understanding what they are doing with a misunderstood part of the whole and using that knowledge to sometimes take advantage or manipulate others. From our still point, fulcrum or balance it is much easier to decide how and where one might want to place intentions or choices.

Even though all experience can impart lessons to master, eventually in order not to be taken off track too often, it is important to find a way to define what is devolution or a type of ‘evil’. What does evil really mean. Or what energy signature does it carry and how can it be defined or intuited. What is goodness, care and love, define the energy it carries or intuit what that means from where we are right now. Being able to recognise energy manipulation and agendas, I feel, is important to make navigation through our experiences in this life relevant, and hopefully, make a difference to what we take into our next life.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (26th June 2022), Peter UK (10th August 2021), Tintin (10th August 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

The latest update from Chris Knowles at 'The Secret Sun' may be of interest:

https://secretsun.blogspot.com/2021/...lets.html#more

He looks into the shady background of one New Age community, with links to British and US intelligence...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Brigantia (10th August 2021), Harmony (10th August 2021), Peter UK (10th August 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,978 times in 1,342 posts

Quote Posted by Journeyman (here)
    The latest update from Chris Knowles at 'The Secret Sun' may be of interest:

https://secretsun.blogspot.com/2021/...lets.html#more

He looks into the shady background of one New Age community, with links to British and US intelligence...
    Very interesting article, thank you. I've always had a knee-jerk reaction to Findhorn, it doesn't surprise me that there were spooks behind it.

I learned a lot from my 10 year adventure in the New Age milieu, but it strikes me now that it turned a lot of people passive. I met a lot of people, mainly women, who were kind and intelligent but I believe that in another age they would have been fighting for justice and cheering on the Parisian students in the streets in 1968. Now they would be visualising that with love, light, pink unicorns and sprinkles of fairy dust. I once went to a talk the evening before the huge London march against the Iraq war, and the speaker wouldn't have any discussion about it at all as it was 'negative'. I kept quiet about the fact that I was going.

My New Age love affair ended when I met one of the big names on a (very expensive) retreat and realised that she was first and foremost a businesswoman. A favourite book is The Stargate Conspiracy by Picknett and Prince, which I reread every now and then, that addresses the topic of the dubious origins of the New Age arena. That's where I first learned that half of the top brass of NASA were Nazis, the other half occultists.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Harmony (10th August 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (26th June 2022), Journeyman (10th August 2021), Open Minded Dude (10th August 2021), Peter UK (10th August 2021), Tintin (10th August 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2