+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst 1 12 22

Thread: Ivermectin

1. Link to Post #421
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Default Re: Ivermectin

Something I've noticed about myself and others, that is not considered as far as I know, is the almost magical effects of many drugs the first time they are used. For most drugs that seems to wear off quickly. For others, a slight interval of non-use brings back the surging beneficial results. It could be tied to the placebo effect. (placebo is the most effective treatment there is, giving, on average, 30% relief for any ailment - unfortunately, it is a short-lived effect){it works on the power of mind to heal but also points to the vacillating, inconsistent, nature of human thought}
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th November 2023), Denise/Dizi (17th November 2023), Ewan (7th January 2024), Harmony (24th March 2024), Miller (12th November 2023), Sue (Ayt) (12th November 2023), TargeT (12th November 2023), Victoria (22nd November 2023)

3. Link to Post #422
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,658 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Something I've noticed about myself and others, that is not considered as far as I know, is the almost magical effects of many drugs the first time they are used. For most drugs that seems to wear off quickly. For others, a slight interval of non-use brings back the surging beneficial results. It could be tied to the placebo effect. (placebo is the most effective treatment there is, giving, on average, 30% relief for any ailment - unfortunately, it is a short-lived effect){it works on the power of mind to heal but also points to the vacillating, inconsistent, nature of human thought}
    Ah, the nocebo effect—placebo's mischievous twin. You know, in the world of medical wonders, the placebo effect gets all the limelight. It's like, "Here, have this sugar pill, think happy thoughts, and voila, you feel better!" But then there's the nocebo effect, the Debbie Downer of the duo. It's when someone, armed with a belief that something harmless will harm them, actually starts feeling worse. It's like expecting a bad movie sequel to be terrible, and surprise, it actually is!

Now, how often does this happen? Well, it's like trying to catch a gremlin. You know it's there, but it's tricky to pin down. The nocebo effect isn't as popular or well-studied as its optimistic sibling, placebo. But it's real and lurking in the shadows of medicine. The frequency? It's a mixed bag. Like, some people might take a harmless pill and start conjuring up side effects that would make a soap opera writer blush.

What's fascinating is what's behind the curtain of the nocebo effect. It's a blend of your expectations, the power of suggestion (thanks, Dr. Google), and perhaps a dash of past experiences. If your doctor grimly says, "This might hurt a bit," some people's brains go, "Okay, let's turn this into a horror show!"

The nocebo effect is a reminder of the mind's power in health and illness, a real-life example of "think bad, feel bad." It's like your brain's own production of a psychological thriller, where you're both the hero and the villain. Spooky, right?

So, there you have it—a glimpse into the darker, twistier side of how our beliefs and expectations can shape our health experiences. Remember, the mind can be a powerful healer, but sometimes, it can also be a bit of a drama queen.

**Sorry about the above, I forgot I left my login credentials in my bot and for some reason it felt it had to respond; I don't think it wrote in my tone very well; still training.**
    Last edited by TargeT; 15th November 2023 at 20:37.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2023), Ernie Nemeth (12th November 2023), Harmony (24th March 2024), Jambo (23rd March 2024), jaybee (15th November 2023), Orph (12th November 2023), Sue (Ayt) (12th November 2023), Victoria (22nd November 2023)

5. Link to Post #423
    England Avalon Member John Hilton's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,161 times in 160 posts

Quote Posted by Sue (Ayt) (here)
    Quote Posted by John Hilton (here)
    Quote Posted by Ravenlocke (here)
    What if I told you that Ivermectin allows heart muscle cells to more efficiently create energy — even when depleted of oxygen (as would happen with intense exercise).
    I wonder if it would help someone with COPD? A few of my friends have developed this problem after a lifetime of smoking.
    I don't know about ivermectin for COPD, but I do believe that NAC is a really big help. I even found some medical journal studies reporting that NAC has been found to actually reverse COPD somewhat, despite the common belief that it is irreversible. (I will see if I can find those studies again.)
    Several months ago I donated a bottle of NAC to my friend who has COPD but he refused to take it. "You can lead a dog to water..."

I also pointed him to an article [written by a man who had COPD] which maintains that high dosage vitamin D3 cured his COPD. (I see no problem in trying that. The symptoms of vitamin D3 overdose are well documented and reversible.) Again, he's not interested because I'm not a doctor. It doesn't help that he's dyslexic and struggles to read. Also he's 85 and computer illiterate/afraid. I just think to myself, "well, he's had a good innings".

(Thanks for correcting the quote layers, Bill. I also inserted [missing] words!)
    Last edited by John Hilton; 16th November 2023 at 07:15.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to John Hilton For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2023), Ewan (7th January 2024), Harmony (24th March 2024), Jambo (23rd March 2024), jaybee (15th November 2023), Victoria (22nd November 2023)

7. Link to Post #424
    England Avalon Member John Hilton's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,161 times in 160 posts

FDA Retracts its Lies about Ivermectin

The FDA repeatedly stated that Ivermectin was only a "horse dewormer" and should not be used to treat covid. Thousands probably died because of this.

https://pierrekorymedicalmusings.com...s-because-they

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to John Hilton For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd March 2024), Ewan (24th March 2024), Harmony (24th March 2024), Jambo (23rd March 2024), Miller (23rd March 2024), Sue (Ayt) (23rd March 2024)

9. Link to Post #425
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,631 times in 8,592 posts

Quote Posted by John Hilton (here)
    FDA Retracts its Lies about Ivermectin

The FDA repeatedly stated that Ivermectin was only a "horse dewormer" and should not be used to treat covid. Thousands probably died because of this.

https://pierrekorymedicalmusings.com...s-because-they
    copying here

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    https://x.com/PierreKory/status/1771...264567407?s=20

Today we achieved a monumental victory against the FDA in a court of law and proved the FDA's attempts to cut off the public's access to ivermectin during COVID were illegal.

Here I explain the case and why we must never let the FDA do this again.

— Pierre Kory, MD MPA (@PierreKory) March 23, 2024

refresher

https://x.com/clif_high/status/1771356841412542966?s=20

¤=[Post Update]=¤

copying here

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...l-stop-it-post

FDA Settles Ivermectin Case, Agrees To Remove Controversial 'Stop It' Post

BY TYLER DURDEN
    FRIDAY, MAR 22, 2024 - 10:00 PM
    Authored by Zachary Steiber via The Epoch Times (emphasis ours),

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has agreed to remove social media posts and webpages that urged people to stop taking ivermectin to treat COVID-19, according to a settlement dated March 21.

The FDA has already removed a page that said: “Should I take ivermectin to prevent or treat COVID-19? No.”

Within 21 days, the FDA will remove another page titled, “why you should not use ivermectin to treat or prevent COVID-19,” according to the settlement announcement, which was filed with federal court in southern Texas.

“The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19 in humans or animals,” the page currently states. It also says that data do not show ivermectin is effective against COVID-19, despite how some studies it cites show ivermectin is effective against the illness.

The FDA in the settlement is also agreeing to delete multiple social media posts that came out strongly against ivermectin, including one that stated: “You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y’all. Stop it.”

In exchange, doctors who sued the agency are dismissing their claims, the filing states.

“FDA loses its war on ivermectin and agrees to remove all social media posts and consumer directives regarding ivermectin and COVID, including its most popular tweet in FDA history,” Dr. Mary Talley Bowden, one of the doctors, said in a statement. “This landmark case sets an important precedent in limiting FDA overreach into the doctor-patient relationship.”

“We are extremely pleased with the outcome of the settlement as it is a victory for every doctor and patient in the United States,” added Dr. Paul Marik, chief scientific officer of the FLCCC Alliance and another plaintiff. “The FDA interfered in the practice of medicine with their irresponsible language and posts about ivermectin. We will never know how many lives were affected because patients were denied access to a lifesaving treatment because their doctor was ‘just following the FDA.’”

An FDA spokesperson told The Epoch Times in an email that the agency “has chosen to resolve this lawsuit rather than continuing to litigate over statements that are between two and nearly four years old.”

“FDA has not admitted any violation of law or any wrongdoing, disagrees with the plaintiffs’ allegation that the agency exceeded its authority in issuing the statements challenged in the lawsuit, and stands by its authority to communicate with the public regarding the products it regulates,” the spokesperson said. “FDA has not changed its position that currently available clinical trial data do not demonstrate that ivermectin is effective against COVID-19. The agency has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19.”

Ivermectin was approved by the FDA in 1996 to treat several conditions, including onchocerciasis, a tropical disease caused by a parasitic worm.

In the United States, it’s common for doctors to prescribe medicine off-label, or for a different purpose than the one for which the medicine is approved.

After some doctors began prescribing ivermectin for COVID-19, the FDA ramped up its campaign, including the Aug. 21, 2021, post on Twitter, now known as X.

Dr. Bowden and two other doctors sued the FDA, arguing the agency’s actions went beyond its authority, as conferred on it by Congress.

U.S. District Judge Jeffrey Brown dismissed the case in 2022, ruling that the FDA did not act outside the authority. But an appeals court in 2023 ruled in favor of the doctors, finding that the agency “has identified no authority allowing it to recommend consumers ‘stop’ taking medicine.”

Between the time of the ruling and the settlement, the FDA refused to change any of its statements on ivermectin, and asked for a fresh dismissal of the suit.

The Case

Drs. Robert Apter, Bowden, and Marik brought the case in 2022. They said they suffered repercussions after prescribing ivermectin to patients with COVID-19, and that the FDA was to blame.

Dr. Apter, for instance, said that pharmacists refused to fill the prescriptions, citing the FDA.

“This refusal delays his patients in obtaining their prescribed treatment—when early intervention is paramount—while they look for a pharmacy to fill their prescription, if they can find one at all,” the suit states.

He also said that insurance companies were refusing to pay for ivermectin to treat COVID-19.

The suit said the FDA illegally interfered with the relationships between the doctors and patients. The doctors said with regard to ivermectin, the FDA overstepped the authority conferred on it in the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.

Government lawyers argued that the FDA was acting within the confines of the law, and succeeded in getting the dismissal.

Judge Brown, appointed under President Donald Trump, said the FDA’s powers were only limited with regard to medical devices.

“As there is no statute limiting the FDA’s actions here, it cannot have acted outside of any statutory limitations,” he wrote in his ruling. “Further, it cannot be said that the FDA had no colorable basis of authority. The FDA is charged by Congress with protecting public health and ensuring that regulated medical products are safe and effective, among other things.”

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit disagreed, finding that the law did not authorize the FDA to give medical advice.

“FDA can inform, but it has identified no authority allowing it to recommend consumers ‘stop’ taking medicine,” U.S. Circuit Judge Don Willett, appointed under President Trump, wrote for the court. The appeals court remanded the case back to the district court.

< more links at link >
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Ewan (24th March 2024), Harmony (24th March 2024), John Hilton (24th March 2024), Miller (23rd March 2024), Sue (Ayt) (23rd March 2024), ThePythonicCow (25th March 2024), Vangelo (24th March 2024), wondering (23rd March 2024)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst 1 12 22