+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please help me to connect

1. Link to Post #21
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Please help me to connect

Hi Estherilla,

Your question is a great one.  I think almost every person who has started a meditation routine has asked the same kind of question you have.  We read about all of these amazing experiences that other people have while meditating and wonder why we aren't experiencing the same kinds of things.  I'm no professional meditator by any means, but I have done a fair bit of it, and I can say I have never travelled to other dimensions, seen any lights, contacted extraterrestrial or anything like that ha.

I think people use meditation for different reasons.  Some use it to get answers to questions, some use it for relaxation, some use it to connect etc.  Maybe ask yourself what you are hoping to get out of meditation?  What are you seeking?

To me, it sounds like you are desiring connection.  That's great, I desire this too.  This is a desire so deeply ingrained in us humans and I think in all living beings.  I believe this desire has its roots in the deepest core of our being/spirit.

Maybe you can take the question "How can I feel more connected?" into your meditations and see if anything comes from it?  Maybe you won't get the answer in the meditations themselves but outside of them.  Maybe you will come across just the right information, book, or person who will offer you some deeper insight into your question.

I personally find being present in nature gives me a feeling of connection.  I find that if I am able to quite my mind while going for a walk in the natural world and just observe all the trees, animals, natural formations etc,  I really start to feel just how abundant and magnificent life really is.  This heightened sense of aliveness IS connection I think, or a sign of it.

Best.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billy Vasiliadis For This Post:

BoR (3rd September 2021), ExomatrixTV (3rd September 2021), onawah (3rd September 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

I too have searched my whole life on this question. Religion may only take you so far. For me it involved an acknowledgment that I am a part of the divine so right there we are part of the wonders and glory of it. Then it took me every day inviting a partnership with Source Creator to be in my life every day. Asking in a focussed meditative state helps too. It takes work every day but over time my faith has grown and life becomes easier.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Billy Vasiliadis (3rd September 2021), BoR (3rd September 2021), ExomatrixTV (3rd September 2021), onawah (3rd September 2021), Peace in Oz (3rd September 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by Estherilla (here)
    Hi everyone, and blessings ot all of you.
    I write to ask for your help, because I am maditating daily since several months, but I dont get anything. My mind hardly ever gets totally free of absurd thouths...

I hear so many people who tell that they do get "connect" with the "Source" or the "Energy" and so they "see the light" and understand everything... bit I just cant get it.

So, if some of you have already connected to the Source, I will be very very very grateful if you could give me some advice,

kind regards to all of you.
    Hi,

A good practice to start, if you can't focus enough or things keep getting mixed up constantly, is to do something while meditating. Usually people want to not think while meditating, but is not completely necessary, specially when starting practice

See this for example, when as a kid, i could not focus or understood why i had to stop thinking and would constantly move or focus on lots of other things, but through this practice, i finally started focusing

The way you use it for meditation is, move the stones around in a slow, but constant rhythm, focus on making sure you move them at the exact same interval, like counting 1, 2, 3, 4 and on 4, you move the stones and focus on the clicking sounds they make, then you stop and count again 1, 2, 3, 4 and again on 4 move the stones again, lightly but enough they make the clicking sound, and you observe the sound, every little aspect of it, then you wait for the next time and again and so on

This should happen until your hand is moving at the exact same moment, without counting anymore, and you are expecting the sound, waiting for it, then you hand automatically moves and the sound comes, very clear and crisp, as by that time you have stopped listening to anything but the silence between the stones moving and the sound they make, and that time, the sound, the stones, your hand and nothing else exists, you are 'immersed' in a small world that is full of silence, and every 4 beats, there is a sound of stones clicking gently but crisp and solid. This interval, or frequency, has been adjusted on your mind, so you both exist at the same frequency now, and now you are meditating

The same can be achieved by using two sticks and clicking them together at specific intervals, just the same, start counting 1, 2, 3, 4 and on 4 click the two sticks, then wait until the next interval and so on

Alternatively, if you don't feel like meditating while sitting (Zazen) works, you can do walking meditation, and for that there are also techniques, mostly used on kids as they start learning to meditate (because kids can't stay sitting for too long) but equally work for anyone else

For example, pick up a broom, and if you have some space where you can drop some sand, expand the sand with the broom into an area like 2x2 meters, then make use of the broom in the same way as with the rocks, every few seconds, do another pass, and start collecting the sand into a small place, slowly and at fixed intervals, try to put your breathing at the same slow frequency and move slowly, focusing only on the sound of the sand as the broom moves it around, and at the strokes you make to collect it. Once you have collected it all into a small location, start expanding it again until it has covered again very uniformly the entire 2x2 meter area. This also eventually should make the entire world disappear, until there is only a 2x2 small world where there is sand, a broom and you, even the noise outside goes away at some point, you can only hear the broom and the sand, and there's nothing but you automatically moving that broom every 4 seconds, for example

As a kid, i was suggested to do these practices, with a radio playing some music on the background, with low sound. Eventually, i realised that the music was gone and i was in a completely silent world, where the only thing were those stones or the sand. Then as soon as i realised that, the music suddenly was there again, and i was taken out of my 'little world', i was so focused on it that i got completely disconnected from the outside world and was just one with myself. The connection was very strong and nothing else was important, it got filtered away, that's how i learned how to meditate

Anything can be used to change your frequency so that you start going into this state, even something like this, as long as you focus on only doing that, and at very specific intervals (but this may not work for all people, as it is loud)

Here's another example, from Japan, the shishi odoshi. Most people have probably seen this somewhere before. The idea is the same, once some interval happens, the water will trip the bamboo and then the clicking sound happens, then the cycle starts again. This was not meant to be used for meditation, but it works well to start practicing

You can use this interval as a way to focus and start going into that 'space' where only the sound of the running water exists, then every few seconds, or minute, a click or two happens, then it repeats. If you can adjust your mind frequency to expect and observe this, you will be suddenly meditating very deeply, so that there's nothing but the shishi odoshi and you

Hope this may be of some help. Also, sorry for the wall of text

-

Masha
    Last edited by Mashika; 5th September 2021 at 22:05.
    Tired

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th November 2022), ExomatrixTV (6th September 2021), Hym (20th September 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member RMF808's Avatar
    Thanks

Aloha Estherilla, the best thing I have ever done for myself is called brain hemisphere synchronization. Trying to meditate for 20 years led nowhere but after the 1st week of the Gateway Experience my meditation deepened immensely! That was years ago and I still use it daily. In fact, I am running a thread to walk others through the process. All free. Reach out if you would like a link to my thread or you can search for it. I’m not big on self promotion to all, I’m waiting for those who need and want me.

You need headphones for this but eventually the need goes away and you walk in this state everyday.

This is a really good episode explaining it

If you like what you see, the link below is for the first 6 tracks. There are 6 more Waves with 6 tracks each. We are all just here to walk each other home. I hope it helps, aloha

https://archive.org/details/the-gate...rientation.m4a

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMF808 For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (17th March 2024), lightwalker (11th September 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2