Thread: Animals vs Humans

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,097 times in 20,639 posts

Default Re: Animals vs Humans

I would love to if I knew more, but I don't know much beyond what I've already posted.
    She's retired now, but I will ask her if she would send me more info.
    I agree it would be interesting!

Quote Posted by XelNaga (here)
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Many good points made here, and I wish I had seen this thread sooner.
    But I'd like to add that, as children, we often feel such a great and deep affinity with animals because they seem so uncomplicated compared to adult humans.
    (Which I don't think is necessarily the case, or at least, not in the way that most imagine. I have a friend who is a "pet whisperer" and some of the things that animals have told her are amazing, such as past lives they've spent with their owners, and deep insights into the causes of their owner's behavior, etc. But on the surface at least, animals do seem much simpler than humans. )
    Human children have to spend so many years just learning to understand the complex and mystifying world of adults, so it's no wonder they find animal companionship to be a great source of comfort.
    I think many of the people who display obsessive behavior when it comes to their pets have simply never matured enough to be able to relate fully to the adult world, or feel so threatened by it that they still identify with animals as they did when they were children, and use animals as a buffer, and to help them feel safer.
    In the Native American tradition, Animal Medicine is a wonderful and mysterious power in the natural world which, if we are unaware of it, are missing out on a very rich and healing connection with Spirit.
    Hi onawah,

Maybe you could start a thread about your friend and her experiences with talking to animals.

I'm sure it would be rather interesting and thought provoking
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (10th November 2022), Harmony (11th November 2022), Mike (11th November 2022), XelNaga (11th November 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2