+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coffee and the Third Eye. Why I quit coffee

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Default Re: Coffee and the Third Eye. Why I quit coffee

I drink decaf. I have no addiction. I can skip coffee any day without ill efect. I buy the green beans, swiss water process, and roast them. Taste as good as non-decaf, but no kick.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Agape (17th August 2023), DaveToo (5th September 2021), Dorjezigzag (5th September 2021), tendril (15th September 2021), wondering (5th September 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    Brazil Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 times in 173 posts

I cannot drink strong (Expresso coffee) it gives me headaches. For those of you who want to quit I would advise to decrease one cup per every two days to avoid the side effects. My mother drunk coffee for her entire life but now cannot drink anymore due to herpes erupting. When I was younger and used to research about meditation and yoga, I found that most Indian Gurus were instructing to quit coffee drinking.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to prc For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (5th September 2021), palehorse (5th September 2021), Peace in Oz (6th September 2021), tendril (15th September 2021), wondering (5th September 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

I have no intention of quitting coffee anytime soon. I get your point, because it was this concept that finally convinced me to quit cigarettes after 35 years. I realized that I was creating a cloud between myself and spirit. Also, I admit that my fuse is extra short when I'm coffee'd up. At the same time, I get a lot done. So, I'm happy to still have something to throw overboard later, when I feel it's time to do something disciplined and purifying.

The last time I quit coffee was pretty painless, because I followed this method that I found online - sorry, no idea where. I did not write it, but it worked for me:

When you wake up in the morning the first thing you need to do is have a small glass of water with a teaspoon of vitamin C powder. Follow it with another glass of water.

Next, boil the kettle and have 2 cups of strong, black dandelion root tea.

Fill up a BIG bottle water (approx. 2 litres) add 2 teaspoons vitamin C powder and 2 teaspoons magnesium powder.

You'll want to make sure you drink plenty of the water throughout the day, as much as you can to help support the detox withdrawal. If you need more, fill up another bottle and make sure you add your vitamin C and magnesium to the mix.

Go about your morning as usual, don't let yourself get too hungry and keep drinking that water.

After lunch have another small glass of water with a teaspoon of vitamin C powder. Follow this with a strong, black cup of dandelion root tea.

Keep going about your day, making sure you keep drinking water.

Do the same at dinner with the vitamin C, skip the dandelion and just keep drinking water.

... I would be interested to hear other people's experience with this. Sorry, I have no further info on it, except I remember when I did it, the day passed with very little headache.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lilac For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (5th September 2021), Journeyman (5th September 2021), leavesoftrees (6th September 2021), palehorse (5th September 2021), Peace in Oz (6th September 2021), tendril (15th September 2021), wondering (5th September 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

I am a coffee addicted for over 40 years, yes I started drinking coffee when I was a baby, that's was what my father told me when he was still alive. I never ever gave any thoughts about quitting coffee, sure I heard all sort of things about coffee but never went into debate or deep analysis about it.

I will try for a week and see how my body reacts to that. I am using Bacopa Monieri 3x per day (reducing for 2x, the night time is giving me bad time sleeping), I usually drink it with star anise tea for taste, sometimes I am also preparing Reishi and Chaga mushroom tea, but it taste awful and smell even worse, it is not an enjoyable drink.

Thanks for posting.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

DNA (31st January 2023), Dorjezigzag (5th September 2021), Journeyman (5th September 2021), tendril (15th September 2021), wondering (5th September 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

When I was quitting coffee I watched quite a few videos by people that had done the same thing which I found quit useful and inspiring. The reason I made mine was that I didn't see any that focused on the pineal gland (third eye) side of things which was the clincher for me.

Alex becker has made a few videos on quitting coffee, he can come across quite arrogant but there is humour there and I am putting it here because I think he presents a different perspective on it that will be of interest to anyone considering quitting coffee.

Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 5th September 2021 at 12:18.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

leavesoftrees (6th September 2021), tendril (15th September 2021), wondering (5th September 2021)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

One of the things about saying you/we drink coffee is that we drink far toooooo much, one here and there as a stim not so bad.
    Same with tobacco, was used in the right way at right time was ok, but not all day and day after day.
    But best not to start either of them. tobacco not never.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (5th September 2021), palehorse (19th September 2021), Peace in Oz (6th September 2021), tendril (15th September 2021), wondering (5th September 2021)

13. Link to Post #27
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,359 times in 639 posts

Practical question to all of you: If it's about caffeine in coffee would de-caff (especially if organic) still be an acceptable alternative?

I ask because I saw that all the other exotic coffee alternatives (teccino, mocha, hazelnut, lupines, dandelion,etc.) are quite expensive for me, but de-caff would work financially. I drink it already anyway to reduce my 'normal' coffee/caffeine intake (mostly with a pad machine, yeah, I know, shame on me ...).

So what is your take on just swapping it for 'de-caff' coffee entirely?

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

DNA (31st January 2023), Dorjezigzag (5th September 2021), Johnnycomelately (1st February 2023), Journeyman (6th September 2021), Peace in Oz (6th September 2021), tendril (15th September 2021), wondering (5th September 2021)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,758 times in 2,555 posts

This reminded me of the "spider on drugs" video and how caffeine affected its behavior.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Clear Light (31st January 2023), DeDukshyn (1st February 2023), DNA (31st January 2023), Dorjezigzag (6th September 2021), Johnnycomelately (1st February 2023), Sunny-side-up (16th September 2021), tendril (15th September 2021)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Open Minded Dude (here)
    Practical question to all of you: If it's about caffeine in coffee would de-caff (especially if organic) still be an acceptable alternative?

I ask because I saw that all the other exotic coffee alternatives (teccino, mocha, hazelnut, lupines, dandelion,etc.) are quite expensive for me, but de-caff would work financially. I drink it already anyway to reduce my 'normal' coffee/caffeine intake (mostly with a pad machine, yeah, I know, shame on me ...).

So what is your take on just swapping it for 'de-caff' coffee entirely?
    If you go for Decafe coffee make sure you go for Swiss water process that does not involve the harmful chemicals and solvents of most Decaffeination methods. For me personally, I have no love for coffee anymore. Like having gone through a painful break-up the thought of going back to this possessive dominatrix holds no appeal even with her fangs removed.

If cost is your concern Nature provides many free options. For instance, Nettles and dandelions are everywhere and it can be fun to prepare your own brews. Although this can be time intensive it is rewarding as it means going out in nature and deepening your understanding and relationships with nature. There are some great videos on youtube regarding the processes.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), DNA (31st January 2023), Journeyman (6th September 2021), Open Minded Dude (6th September 2021), tendril (15th September 2021), wondering (6th September 2021)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 times in 463 posts

Michael Pollan has written about his expereince with giving up coffee in his new book "This is your mind on plants: Opium-Caffeine-Mescaline

Here is an extract on giving up coffee

https://www.theguardian.com/food/202...ime-to-give-up

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

DNA (31st January 2023), Dorjezigzag (7th September 2021), Harmony (1st February 2023), Journeyman (6th September 2021), pueblo (6th September 2021), tendril (15th September 2021), wondering (6th September 2021)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

I'm in the process of giving up. Some interesting musings here.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU0ZtI0JZEg

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AxisMundi For This Post:

DNA (31st January 2023), Dorjezigzag (7th September 2021), Harmony (1st February 2023), tendril (15th September 2021), wondering (9th September 2021)

23. Link to Post #32
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 times in 1,185 posts

Arrow Re: Coffee and the Third Eye. Why I quit coffee

Quote Posted by Dorjezigzag (here)
    I've made a video of some of the research I did that led to my decision.
    Thank you for the video and especially the access to the French translation.
    What I have learned is that coffee is detrimental to the proper functioning of the tyroid and would be avoided. It is interesting to know that coffee weakens the function of the third eye and that this habit has become a tool of control of the etheric bodies that we can well understand resulting from our life experiences ...
    Childhood memories come to the surface and mistakes that were instilled in me in the education I received from my parents. At home, it was café au lait which is still no better.
    I also remember the day I got rid of my coffee maker that I no longer used, it certainly coincides with the period when my intuition developed more and more.
    There are stages in life where these lifestyle changes are brought about ...

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

avid (15th September 2021), DNA (31st January 2023), Dorjezigzag (7th September 2021), Harmony (1st February 2023), Journeyman (15th September 2021), pueblo (15th September 2021), tendril (15th September 2021), wondering (9th September 2021)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,244 times in 2,174 posts

So, based on the information in this thread I decided to give up caffeine. I am a notorious coffee aficionado and usually drink between 3 and 4 shots of good espresso a day.

I quit 10 days ago and I have to say, having recently given up smoking (for the millionth time), that the withdrawal/detox from quitting coffee is much worse than that from smoking.

I experienced almost continuous headaches for the first 3/4 days, alongside this I developed painful aches and stiffness in my neck and shoulders. The brain fog, which was particularly noticeable in the mornings, lasted for a good 7 days, a general feeling of being a little spaced out, almost like a hangover.

On the plus side, cravings for a good cup of java seem to have totally gone now and I seem to feel 'better' in a way which I can't quite put my finger on. I have been dreaming more, and more lucidly in the last few days.

Something I never thought I would say, but it feels good to be free from the clutches of coffee!!

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

DNA (31st January 2023), Dorjezigzag (15th September 2021), Harmony (1st February 2023), Johnnycomelately (1st February 2023), Journeyman (15th September 2021), leavesoftrees (16th September 2021), Lunesoleil (16th September 2021), Peace in Oz (17th September 2021), tendril (15th September 2021), wondering (1st February 2023)

27. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pueblo (here)
    Something I never thought I would say, but it feels good to be free from the clutches of coffee!!
    Hey pueblo!
    congrats on the work you have accomplished for yourself!!!
    It's an uphill climb, to work on letting both go.
    I too, found that coffee was tougher on my system to let go of than cigs in the long run.

Wishing you best of luck

tendril

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tendril For This Post:

DNA (31st January 2023), Dorjezigzag (15th September 2021), Harmony (1st February 2023), Journeyman (15th September 2021), Peace in Oz (17th September 2021), pueblo (16th September 2021), wondering (1st February 2023)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 times in 463 posts

Quote Posted by pueblo (here)
    So, based on the information in this thread I decided to give up caffeine. I am a notorious coffee aficionado and usually drink between 3 and 4 shots of good espresso a day.

I quit 10 days ago and I have to say, having recently given up smoking (for the millionth time), that the withdrawal/detox from quitting coffee is much worse than that from smoking.
    !

Good on you for hanging in there. I gave up coffee for a few years back in the 1980s. (I am back drinking it) From experience - very similar to smoking - if you break your resolve and have 1 coffee - then it wont be long till you are back having coffee every day

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

DNA (31st January 2023), Dorjezigzag (16th September 2021), Harmony (1st February 2023), Peace in Oz (17th September 2021), pueblo (16th September 2021), wondering (1st February 2023)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Eva2 (here)
    This reminded me of the "spider on drugs" video and how caffeine affected its behavior.
    The above video is of course a parody representing what our stereotypes would think is the effects of coffee and other drugs on spiders.
    The reality is a lot more fascinating but probably concerning for some.

An article in a 1995 issue of NASA Tech Briefs discussed work done by researchers at Marshall Space Flight Center to see how various substances — including caffeine — affect spider web patterns. See image above

Spiders typically spin webs by producing silk from their silk glands with the help of their spinnerets, which are special organs that allow them to decide what type of thread they need at various points.

The NASA researchers found that the more deformed the web looks compared to a normal web, the more toxic the chemical is.

"It appears that one of the most telling measures of toxicity is a decrease, in comparison with a normal web, of the numbers of completed sides in the cells: the greater the toxicity, the more sides the spider fails to complete," the NASA article said.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...k3FA&r=US&IR=T

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

DNA (31st January 2023), Harmony (1st February 2023), Johnnycomelately (1st February 2023), pueblo (31st January 2023), wondering (1st February 2023)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,244 times in 2,174 posts

I wonder if the effect on the Spirit/Third Eye is due partly to the reduction in fluoride? Black tea is known to be loaded with fluoride and coffee has significant amounts too.

I gave up coffee for 3 months in 2021 and the withdrawals were intense....similar to those described by the OP, low grade headache for 2 weeks, body aches and feeling generally unwell.

I think I may have another go at a more permanent cessation.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

DNA (31st January 2023), Dorjezigzag (31st January 2023), Harmony (1st February 2023), wondering (1st February 2023)

35. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,729 times in 4,313 posts

I quit coffee and all caffeine a little over a month ago.
    So so hard.
    I actually picked up smoking for a couple of weeks to help take the edge off.
    It's all pretty fresh still but I'm very happy I did it.
    Hoping to stay strong and refrain for the duration.
    I do feel all around a lot better.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Antagenet (3rd February 2023), Dorjezigzag (31st January 2023), Harmony (1st February 2023), pueblo (1st February 2023), wondering (1st February 2023)

37. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member Casey Claar's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,971 times in 727 posts

I have a question for everyone. I am just curious. Is there anyone here who ( essentially ) never took up drinking coffee?
    "Love is what is left when you let go of everything you no longer need." —Raj

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (1st February 2023), Harmony (1st February 2023), Johnnycomelately (1st February 2023), pueblo (1st February 2023), wondering (1st February 2023)

39. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,754 times in 2,614 posts

Quote Posted by Casey Claar (here)
    I have a question for everyone. I am just curious. Is there anyone here who ( essentially ) never took up drinking coffee?

Casey, I like the smell of coffee brewing, but I never wanted to drink coffe, it just "told" me not to for some reason.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), Dorjezigzag (1st February 2023), meeradas (10th October 2023), pueblo (1st February 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast