+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Coffee and the Third Eye. Why I quit coffee

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

Default Re: Coffee and the Third Eye. Why I quit coffee

So it’ll be coming up to 2 years that I have quit coffee and I really believe it is one of the best decisions I have made in regards to my health and wellness. Life is a rollercoaster enough on its own without a substance messing with your hormones. So I recommend anyone endeavouring to quit to keep at it.

That’s not to say my life does not still have its ups and downs but I really believe my physical and spiritual health has vastly improved and quitting coffee has played a major role in that.

My decision was partly based on a need to not be too attached or dependant on any substance as we move into these challenging times.

The practice of yoga has evolved as a means to prepare the body to maximise its meditational and spiritual potential and I believe that coffee for me was a boundary in this pursuit.In regards to the fluoride content within coffee and Tea yes this could be part of its detrimental effects on the third eye. The extensive hormonal and cardiovascular effects of coffee of course also play a major part as explained in the video. I always found it interesting that there is a high fluoride content in SSRIs such as Prozac. I believe that that the effect of this is to quell the spirit and make one more compliant.

When the individual is experiencing cardiovascular problems a doctor will often recommend quitting coffee due to its effects. I would be interested to see how many people who have experienced cardiovascular problems or death after the covid19 vaccine also drank coffee. The coffee potentially exacerbating the vaccines side effects like a binary weapon.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

DNA (2nd February 2023), gini (20th March 2023), Harmony (3rd February 2023), Journeyman (22nd March 2023), leavesoftrees (3rd February 2023), Pam (17th August 2023), Peace in Oz (5th February 2023), pueblo (2nd February 2023)

3. Link to Post #42
    England Avalon Member Seeclearly's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,096 times in 219 posts

Coincidentally , I gave up coffee 3 or 4 weeks ago . I did it for various reasons . Watching the video however makes me even more glad I have . I didn't know anything about this other onslaught against our pineal glands , fluoride I knew about & take Borax to hopefully de-calcify but coffee !
    Anyhow on a more positive note I can report that I have had none of the withdrawal symptoms, headaches & so on ,often reported & it's been easy, I just miss the taste of it , that's all really.
    Thanks Paul .

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seeclearly For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (2nd February 2023), gini (20th March 2023), Harmony (3rd February 2023), Pam (17th August 2023), Peace in Oz (4th February 2023), pueblo (23rd March 2023)

5. Link to Post #43
    Netherlands Avalon Member Ashiris's Avatar
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,211 times in 248 posts

I have a question for those who have stopped drinking coffee.
    And, Has your third eye opened by now?
    Have you received multidimensuional experiences?
    Have you become aware of your multidimensional selves in other timelines or probable realities?
    Are you traveling astral or traveling dimensionally in other timelines or dimensions?
    Have you gained contact with your higher self or others of your soul family?

So I am kind of curious about the result of stopping drinking coffee on the functioning of your third eye.

because:
    In fact, I know people who drink a lot of coffee and have multidimensional experiences that the average person doesn't even realize exist.

I know people who have never had a drop of coffee during their lives and are completely stuck in a hypnotized manipulated society and have no awareness that they are more than their bodies.
    Last edited by Ashiris; 21st March 2023 at 15:40.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ashiris For This Post:

gini (20th March 2023), Harmony (21st March 2023), Pam (17th August 2023), pueblo (23rd March 2023)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ashiris (here)
    I have a question for those who have stopped drinking coffee.
    And, Has your third eye opened by now?
    Have you received multidimensuional experiences?
    Have you become aware of your multidimensional selves in other timelines or probable realities?
    Are you traveling astral or traveling dimensionally in other timelines or dimensions?
    Have you gained contact with your higher self or others of your soul family?

So I am kind of curious about the result of stopping drinking coffee on the functioning of your third eye.

because:
    In fact, I know people who drink a lot of coffee and have multidimensional experiences that the average person doesn't even realize exist.

I know people who have never had a drop of coffee during their lives and are completely stuck in a hypnotized manipulated society and have no awareness that they are more than their bodies.
    It was never claimed on this thread that by stopping drinking coffee it would guarantee spiritual abilities or bring spiritual enlightenment. In fact if you watch the video you will see that I engage in the debate about how some people do partake in the drinking of coffee and believe it benefits them.

The attainment of the abilities in question that you refer to would need a lot more than just quitting coffee. Although for some it may be the difference. Some are naturally born with or develop these abilities while doing everything that they probably shouldn’t. For many the attainment of these abilities takes work, dedication and practice. The quitting of coffee could be a part of this.

I myself spent a large part of my life heavily drinking alcohol and coffee but still have had profound spiritual experiences during those times. Including all of those you mention. Indeed, I believe there is some truth to William Blakes's adage that the road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.

I believe I have comprehensively expressed the reason for my views on quitting Coffee and I will present to you further spiritual masters and practitioners who shared my views.

Gurdjieff advised his followers to avoid coffee altogether, as he believed it was a powerful stimulant that interfered with the development of higher consciousness. He reportedly stated that drinking coffee would increase the lower centers of the body and mind, making it more difficult to access higher levels of awareness.

He did sometimes drink coffee himself but this was as a means of grounding which he would very occasionally recommend to those of a similar disposition.

One of Gurdjieff's closest students, P.D. Ouspensky, wrote in his book "In Search of the Miraculous" that Gurdjieff advised against drinking coffee because it interfered with the proper functioning of the centers (psychological and physiological structures within a person's being) and made it harder for a person to develop self-awareness.

Similarly, Jeanne de Salzmann, another one of Gurdjieff's students, wrote in her book "The Reality of Being" that Gurdjieff believed coffee was harmful to spiritual development, as it stimulated the lower centers and made it harder to access the higher centers of the body and mind. She stated that Gurdjieff advised his students to avoid coffee completely.

In Gurdjieff’s book "Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson." In one passage, Beelzebub mentions the "maleficent properties" of coffee and tea, which he says are harmful to the digestive system and can lead to "psychic disorders"

In his book "Alchemy and Kabbalah," Samael Aun Weor briefly mentions coffee in relation to the role of diet in spiritual practice. He notes that a healthy diet is essential for the development of spiritual faculties, and advises against consuming foods and drinks that are harmful to the body and mind, including coffee.
    He also mentions coffee in his book "The Revolution of the Dialectic," where he discusses the importance of developing the willpower to overcome the negative influences of society, including addiction to stimulants like coffee.

There are also quotes from spiritual leaders who discourage the use of coffee or other substances that may alter consciousness, as they believe that true spiritual growth can only be achieved through disciplined practices and a clear, unaltered mind.

Here are a few examples of such quotes:

"Coffee clouds the mind and disturbs the senses. It is a hindrance to the clarity and purity required for true spiritual growth." - Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, spiritual leader and founder of the Art of Living Foundation.

"Coffee is a stimulant that agitates the nervous system and disturbs the peace of the mind. It is best avoided by those who seek inner peace and spiritual enlightenment." - Swami Sivananda, spiritual teacher and founder of the Divine Life Society.

"Coffee is a false friend to those who seek spiritual growth. It promises energy and clarity, but delivers only agitation and distraction." - Eckhart Tolle, spiritual teacher and author of "The Power of Now."

I find it interesting that the spiritual figures I respect have a negative view of the spiritual effects of coffee and the ones I see as lacking true awareness evangelise about coffee like Ram Dass and Lama Surya Das.
    Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 24th March 2023 at 03:17.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Ashiris (23rd March 2023), Casey Claar (17th August 2023), Pam (17th August 2023), pueblo (23rd March 2023)

9. Link to Post #45
    Netherlands Avalon Member Ashiris's Avatar
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,211 times in 248 posts

Thank you for your answer.

The body consciousness is highly conscious. Most people are simply not conscious of it.

What most people don't realize or don't know is that we can talk (aloud or telepathically) to our body. Our body is as conscious as our spirit.
    We, the occupant of this body control this body with our spirit, whether we are conscious of it or not.
    If something is not right in our body, we can also ask our Higher Self for advice on what to do to improve the physical condition. However, most people have no idea that there is such a thing as a Higher Self and think they are their body and dependent on dangerous factors.

Everything in our body and consciousness belongs to us. Every person has the right to command the authority, of every function of the body, to be directed only by the inhabitant of that body

Each of the atoms and molecules that composed our body has its own reality in sound values that we do not hear physically. Each organ of our body then has its own unique sound value too. When there is something wrong,the inner sounds are discordant. The inharmonious sounds have become a part of that portion of the body as a result of the inner sound of our own thought-beliefs.

The body loses its direction, it is undermined. The clear channels of communication between mind and body become blocked. Both individually and en masse, sicknesses and indispositions arise from this that are meant to lead you to another reality.
    In the New Age it is said that men and women have conscious minds, subconscious minds and unconscious minds – but there is no such thing as an unconscious mind. The body consciousness is highly conscious. People are simply not conscious of it.

What you do create is your experience of your reality.
    Our thoughts about our reality create our experience of that reality.

So if you read a book in which someone tells you that coffee is poison and you believe that, you create for yourself that coffee is poison.
    It is better to seek answers within yourself instead of taking the beliefs of others for truth. That lives a lot more pleasantly.

Enjoy your creation and have a pleasant life.
    And enjoy your coffee
    Last edited by Ashiris; 23rd March 2023 at 11:42.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashiris For This Post:

pueblo (23rd March 2023)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Quote So if you read a book in which someone tells you that coffee is poison and you believe that, you create for yourself that coffee is poison.
    It is better to seek answers within yourself instead of taking the beliefs of others for truth. That lives a lot more pleasantly.

I think if you watch my video with a certain degree of consciousness without prejudice and then read all the comments I have made on this thread you will see that I have made my decision about drinking coffee because it is something that I feel and experienced not something that I have read. I present the opinions of others merely to back up what I personally feel. I believe if we are making an argument we should always try to back it up with as much evidence as possible. I was not aware of any of those views of spiritual masters in my previous post when I first quit coffee. Just on what Rudolf Steiner had written as discussed in my original video. If my experiment in quitting coffee led me to feel that I was not in a better place despite my quitting I would go back to it. With the consideration that I believe that we should not be dependant or reliant on any substance as this is attachment and addiction.

If you had seen my post history over the last 10 years you will see that I very much walk my own path and many of my opinions go against the grain and I stand with them.

Do you really think you are in the position to say that my views on coffee are not authentic?

I enjoy my spiritual journey and also my freedom to choose what beverages I chose to partake.

I'll enjoy my water thanks!

and you have your free will as well.
    Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 23rd March 2023 at 22:48.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Casey Claar (17th August 2023)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

This is an interesting article on the third eye that talks about the detrimental effects of coffee.

Quote Attention: caffeine, white sugar, and hours in front of the tv or computer screen can block your third eye. Here we present two effective exercises for opening the sixth chakra. The possible results: phenomenal memory, stopping the flow of thoughts, clairvoyance, and a deep insight into ourselves.

If there is a chakra that has really become famous, it must be the third eye. Situated in the middle of the forehead, the third eye is in charge of the functions of the brain, mind and thought. People that have opened this chakra have a phenomenal capacity for concentration and memory, together with paranormal powers. When this chakra is blocked, the results are agitation, sarcasm, stupidity, and a dullness of the mind.

Third Eye mental commandIn Sanskrit, the third eye is called Ajna, which in English means the “command center,” and, indeed, exactly as the brain manages all the functions of the body, so this chakra administrates all the different levels of the being. A person who is very open at the level of the third eye is almost all the time in a state of lucid vigilance and sharp attention. His eyes are wide open and his vision precise, deep, and profound. His mind is quiet and balanced, and the concentration, like the memory and analytical skills are exceptional. It’s these kinds of people who can study for an exam in a very short time and have an excellent grade.

Their verbal capacities are exceptional, and it’s very difficult to defeat such people in arguments. The eyes are awake and they have a spark of genius. The mental power gives him an exceptional charisma that can fundamentally change the opinions of others.

The state of lucid relaxation opens the third eye, whereas tension and obsessive anxiety dilutes its power. Spiritual practice and study which awakens attention and vigilance, such as learning to play a musical instrument or even juggling, also awakens the third eye. On the other hand, boring occupations and scattered attention make the third eye very dull.

The herbs mint, basil, and ginkgo biloba strengthen and balance the third eye, whereas caffeine, marijuana, and white sugar take it out of balance and even close it. Yoga and meditation practice which resorbs the senses regenerates the energy of the third eye, whereas long time in front of the computer or television screen wear out the third eye.
    More of the article The Third Eye: How to Open it
    @
    https://tantrayogathailand.com/third...ow-to-open-it/

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Casey Claar (17th August 2023), gini (17th August 2023), Pam (17th August 2023), Seeclearly (17th August 2023)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,241 times in 4,595 posts

Some doctors suggest that coffee is natural cleanser and may help to detoxify from other substances and poisons.

Concentration matters 😅

In South India they drink milk coffee at the same pace chai/tea is consumed in North India,
    all day beverage but the quantity used is not greater than half spoon of coffee to cup of milk, water and natural sugar.

I also do not particularly understand why do people of today overdose with caffeine to their own harm.
    In strong concentrations may cause stomach ulcers or cause heart attack in vulnerable individuals.

Fatalities were reported after consumption of caffeine tablets ( a box of).

But it hugely depends on personal tolerance.

As children we would munch on Vitamin C solvable tablets for example without quoting the amount
    If our parents tried to do it, they would get allergy reaction.

🐨

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Pam (17th August 2023), Seeclearly (17th August 2023)

17. Link to Post #49
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,432 times in 21,489 posts

I used to drink a lot of Coke to power my way through lengthy coding sessions. But there are several toxins, in abundance, and little that's healthy, in Coke. Getting off a high carb diet (of which the high fructose corn syrup in Coke was one part) and onto a Keto variant diet, has been one of the major health improvements in my life.

Now I am back drinking a lot of coffee, perhaps 60 to 100 ounces per day.

However the coffee I drink is not "your average coffee."

I start with fresh ground, mostly de-caf, organic beans and my "special water" (filtered, distilled, remineralized, and re-energized).

I add various powders of non-nutritive sweetener (Xylitol, Erythritol and Allulose mix), cocoa powder, cinnamon spice, lion's mane mushroom, and Vitamin C.

This mix is cold brewed on my counter, using my beloved Jeiotech magnetic stirrer, to speed up and better concentrate the extraction. This same magnetic stirrer plays a vital role, along with some minerals, music, magnets and lights, in re-energizing my "special water".

That cold brew mix is then kept chilled in my refrigerator until consumed, usually within hours.

I mostly drink decaf, starting off the day with decaf, having perhaps one or two mugs of regular caffeinated at the peak of my day (virtual programmer's day, perhaps evening or midnight by any normal person's clock), and then going back to decaf for the rest of the day.

My conclusions so far regarding coffee:
    • Caffeine should be limited in quantity and to mid-day, and toxic water, sweeteners and non-organic coffees should be avoided.
    • But coffee otherwise is one good source of flavor and gut microbiome friendly nutrients, when properly prepared.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 9th October 2023 at 10:45.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (8th October 2023), mountain_jim (8th October 2023), tessie999 (9th October 2023)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member Casey Claar's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,971 times in 727 posts

Just a question. Does anyone ever suspect that like our tobacco we are also lacing coffee beans to make them more addictive?
    "Love is what is left when you let go of everything you no longer need." —Raj

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (10th October 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3