+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How Did We Arrive In A World So Full Of Hate And Division?

1. Link to Post #21
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Default Re: How Did We Arrive In A World So Full Of Hate And Division?

Quote Posted by I am B (here)
    From the point the most basic of rules gets detached from the basic moral value and is put into words, it becomes open to interpretation and corruption of it's meaning. Which makes it completely useless to it's only purpose.
    Who sets the moral limit? Who says "this is the red line?"

If you describe "The moral value", what would that mean in simple words here?

Quote "When the state is most corrupt, then the laws are most multiplied. " - Tacitus
    We live here, at that point, very much

Quote Happened since forever, therefore, it is not possible to make "everyone become one" like that, but to embrace the differences and goodwillingly jump into the chaos pool of humanity. Then, if everyone does it altruistically, we may get to a point where we will actually end up united.
    There are so many ways to play this ideology around, it would take more life time that i have available. But in short, you can think someone is not "altruistic" to you because they don't like the same purposes you like. Just the other day in Canada people were willing to burn books, is that something "altruistically" you would support? Then you may be an 'enemy' if you dislike it, for the rest of the world, right? Or... not?

Quote Then we could discuss if it is possible inside human nature. Anyways, the only way to get closer to it, is to sincerely improve oneself instead of trying to change others. There will always be division, but the point is to embrace it, not to fight it.
    "Critical relation to the truth regime in which one lives" comes to mind
    Tired

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

I am B (10th September 2021), rgray222 (10th September 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    China Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 times in 1,022 posts

Quote Posted by I am B (here)
    From the moment the most basic of rules gets detached from the basic moral value and is put into words, it becomes open to interpretation and corruption of it's meaning. Which makes it completely useless to it's only purpose.

"Calligraphed sins are like a coat of arms. Hollow. "

"When the state is most corrupt, then the laws are most multiplied. " - Tacitus

Happened since forever, therefore, it is not possible to make "everyone become one" like that, but to embrace the differences and goodwillingly jump into the chaos pool of humanity. Then, if everyone does it altruistically, we may get to a point where we will actually end up united.

Then we could discuss if it is possible inside human nature. Anyways, the only way to get closer to it, is to sincerely improve oneself instead of trying to change others. There will always be division, but the point is to embrace it, not to fight it.
    Your words remind me of three Chinese words:

求同存异:Seek common ground while reserving differences

八仙过海,各显神通: The Eight Immortals cross the sea, each showing their magical powers.

各司其职,各负其责:Each perform its own duties

"We are one " doesn't mean "we are the same".

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Agape (10th September 2021), I am B (10th September 2021), Mashika (10th September 2021), rgray222 (10th September 2021), william r sanford72 (10th September 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 337 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    Who sets the moral limit? Who says "this is the red line?"

If you describe "The moral value", what would that mean in simple words here?
    What I mean with moral value is the essence of a thing that we may consider to be "right or wrong" regarding a direct or indirect interaction between two people.

For example, you could say "thou shall not kill". Which we all agree is a valid statement. You surely realise how "to kill" shouldn't be the right thing in the deepest level.

But, someone could have to kill as a need because there is someone else threatening him (even in a non voluntary way). It is a bit reductionist, but then we could say: "Thou shall not kill unless your life is being threatened." And suddenly, you'd have a ton of dead people, and another ton of murderers claiming their lives were threatened.

What I come to say with this, is that imho, as much as there may be a god/moral/universal law, it is impossible to put it down to paper, since it'd create interpretation and dilemma issues from the very first moment (besides corruption) , and sooner or later it would end up not working to unite people.

Quote There are so many ways to play this ideology around, it would take more life time that i have available. But in short, you can think someone is not "altruistic" to you because they don't like the same purposes you like. Just the other day in Canada people were willing to burn books, is that something "altruistically" you would support? Then you may be an 'enemy' if you dislike it, for the rest of the world, right? Or... not?
    I'm afraid you didn't understand me, probably I didn't explain myself good enough.

What I mean with altruistically is more in a passive way rather than active. It is not the best choice of a word, sorry for that.

I obviously wouldn't help anyone burn a book solely because I don't think thats the right thing to do, but neither would I try to impose my law or creed to them to stop doing it. Unless, someone else, who owns books, was getting his library burned down by these people and asked for help. This person, is essentially closer to my principles in this matter (even if she was a child eating mmurderhobo on the other side). Therefore, I'd consider the right thing to do to help her on this myself (only) , and then, on another instance, deal with her murderous side.

I didn't mean altruism to help my own beliefs for free, but to support each their own and the ones you deem likely. Always respecting if the choice is different and never expecting anything in return.

I believe that if everyone learnt to act independently, perfecting themselves and their morals, and did this instead of trying to unite themselves under a banner, law or creed, the world would actually be a more united place.

Quote "Critical relation to the truth regime in which one lives" comes to mind
    The only "truth" I'd hold onto is myself, and yet I can guarantee I question it every single moment xD (specially right now lol)

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Agape (10th September 2021), Mashika (10th September 2021), rgray222 (10th September 2021), william r sanford72 (10th September 2021), xidaijena (11th September 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

It’s inevitable consequence of hundreds of thousands of years of human existence scattered around the planet , tribes and continents isolated from each other for long time enough to shape us differently, it takes hundred thousand years to evolve specific genomic pattern we call “race”,
    it takes ten thousand years to change a culture
    but only short moment of time compared to the previous to establish religion and witness it falling from grace.

What is it that defines and separates people is their “patterns”, their genomic patterns, their paternity, the pattern of their cultures running for thousands of years and most recently, pattern of ideologies.
    Not to forget the mandala of wealth in some people’s pockets 😅

All people keep arguing about in core is in favor of one of these patterns:

Example “my language ( add yours..) is the most beautiful, complicated, difficult to learn ..but expresses the teachings of Buddha the best” 😄

“My family pattern dates back to Adam and Eve.., the Sapta Rishi, Lao”tzu and so forth”.

“My country and the place I was born is the most special because ...goes back to people’s ancient origins”.

“The way my hair ( nose, ears, legs and arms) grows shows that I’m advanced kind of human” muhahaha

And so forth ..

People still keep attacking each other on behalf of their patterns. So many of them are almost washed out and disappeared, re-written by new templates,
    in some of us these templates were woken or downloaded simultaneously to remind us we all contain piece of each other and all our history we are meant to grow over and surpass rather than to destroy it.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

I am B (10th September 2021), Mashika (10th September 2021), rgray222 (10th September 2021), Sue (Ayt) (10th September 2021), william r sanford72 (10th September 2021), Wind (10th September 2021), xidaijena (11th September 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Templates.. stereotypes...

How hard i had worked around that for the last 7 years. Yet never suceded, every month it was like, who are you again,? Spangliruskynipon?

Yeah
    Tired

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

I am B (10th September 2021), rgray222 (10th September 2021), william r sanford72 (10th September 2021)

11. Link to Post #26
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

I thought it was obvious to everyone that we have been manipulated?

I wonder what world could we have had now if we aren't manipulated.

Imagine a world back before the scamdemic and its barely two years of hundreds if not thousand of years of manipulation. How much hatred been added to the last two years of manipulation alone.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (10th September 2021), DaveToo (11th September 2021), Elainie (10th September 2021), Mashika (10th September 2021), onawah (10th September 2021), Pam (10th September 2021), rgray222 (10th September 2021), xidaijena (11th September 2021)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,278 times in 1,399 posts

Just like this here explains.The "Universe 25" experiment is one of the most terrifying experiments in the history of science, which, through the behavior of a colony of mice, is an attempt by scientists to explain human societies. The idea of ​​"Universe 25" Came from the American scientist John Calhoun, who created an "ideal world" in which hundreds of mice would live and reproduce. More specifically, Calhoun built the so-called "Paradise of Mice", a specially designed space where rodents had Abundance of food and water, as well as a large living space. In the beginning, he placed four pairs of mice that in a short time began to reproduce, resulting in their population growing rapidly. However, after 315 days their reproduction began to decrease significantly. When the number of rodents reached 600, a hierarchy was formed between them and then the so-called "wretches" appeared. The larger rodents began to attack the group, with the result that many males begin to "collapse" psychologically. As a result, the females did not protect themselves and in turn became aggressive towards their young. As time went on, the females showed more and more aggressive behavior, isolation elements and lack of reproductive mood. There was a low birth rate and, at the same time, an increase in mortality in younger rodents. Then, a new class of male rodents appeared, the so-called "beautiful mice". They refused to mate with the females or to "fight" for their space. All they cared about was food and sleep. At one point, "beautiful males" and "isolated females" made up the majority of the population. According to Calhoun, the death phase consisted of two stages: the "first death" and "second death." The former was characterized by the loss of purpose in life beyond mere existence — no desire to mate, raise young or establish a role within society. As time went on, juvenile mortality reached 100% and reproduction reached zero. Among the endangered mice, homosexuality was observed and, at the same time, cannibalism increased, despite the fact that there was plenty of food. Two years after the start of the experiment, the last baby of the colony was born. By 1973, he had killed the last mouse in the Universe 25. John Calhoun repeated the same experiment 25 more times, and each time the result was the same.
    Calhoun's scientific work has been used as a model for interpreting social collapse, and his research serves as a focal point for the study of urban sociology.
    We are currently witnessing direct parallels in today’s society..weak, feminized men with little to no skills and no protection instincts, and overly agitated and aggressive females with no maternal instincts.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (10th September 2021), gord (10th September 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th September 2021), Mashika (10th September 2021), rgray222 (10th September 2021), Sue (Ayt) (10th September 2021), william r sanford72 (10th September 2021)

15. Link to Post #28
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Mike:
    Quote Default Re: How Did We Arrive In A World So Full Of Hate And Division?

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Some of us have been saying this very same thing since we've been old enough to reason...

How old were you when you had these revelations? Sh!t I couldn't do much coherent reasoning till I was about 30 maybe Even now it's a struggle. The propoganda machine, the poisoned air, water, food, and the pressure to conform is ever present and I will unknowingly slip into sleep mode here n there. Sometimes I'll catch myself saying or thinking things that aren't my words or thoughts at all.

I had written a longish post in reply but it disappeared into the void.

When I was four I had occasion to stand up for my father who was being made fun of by the family for not being able to climb a tree. I remember distinctly how I stood defiantly in front of my father and summoned my power. I spoke in my power and the family laughed at how cute I was defending my father. In that instant I realized I was no longer that being who, just for a moment, I thought I still was. I would never again make the mistake that I was still a powerful being who commands respect and deference.

At ten I had my first awareness of the corruption in the world when I heard a news cast my father was listening to. In it the commentator was gushing at how marvellous a solution had been found for the polluted Rideau Canal in Ottawa, Canada. The solution was to divert the waste treatment effluent into the Ottawa River instead. I would dwell on that one a long time trying to make sense of such a non-solution.

Many more such insulting revelations would come my way and soon I got a rep for asking to many annoying questions. I never ever got satisfactory answers either, which truly bothered me and confused me greatly.

I would get ideas and my curiosity often got the best of me. I would be obsessed with my ideas to the exclusion of everything else. School often got in the way of my spurts of creativity, and I soon became disaffected with official learning. But my spurts were always short lived, as my attention would wander away to some other idea. I soon got a rep for never finishing anything (That was so hard on my psyche that I would devote a year later in life just to finish some of my more important projects).

Then came my 'how does that work phase' when I would take things apart to see how they work. But I could never figure out how to put them back together again. So I also got a rep of always breaking things.

And that sums up my life. Always atuned to corruption, always being carried away by my latest obsession, always researching how things work and sometimes breaking things in the process, and leaving behind a string of unfinished projects.

I now wake up and from that moment on my waking hours are spent exclusively on the corruption around me to the exclusion of my own little life.

In my philosophy, I cannot have a life until the corruption is addressed. I cannot live with it and be alright with it. I reject my own ambitions and resist everywhere I can a system that is unjust and must be fixed!
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (10th September 2021), DaveToo (11th September 2021), gord (10th September 2021), I am B (10th September 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th September 2021), Mashika (10th September 2021), Mike (10th September 2021), rgray222 (10th September 2021), william r sanford72 (10th September 2021)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,603 times in 673 posts

Recognizing the depth of evil and corruption is a threat to people's egos, and often results in what psychologists call displacement - "Hate and Divison" - because that's emotionally easier and safer to deal with.
    Last edited by gord; 10th September 2021 at 15:28.
    The only place a perfect right angle ever CAN be, is the mind.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gord For This Post:

Elainie (10th September 2021), Ernie Nemeth (11th September 2021), Mashika (10th September 2021), rgray222 (10th September 2021), william r sanford72 (10th September 2021)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Quote Posted by gord (here)
    Recognizing the depth of evil and corruption is a threat to people's egos, and often results in what psychologists call displacement - "Hate and Divison" - because that's emotionally easier and safer to deal with.
    I agree, I came to the conclusion long ago that some people can never be convinced no matter how much empirical evidence and proof they are confronted with, they will not allow their reality to be shattered.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

DaveToo (11th September 2021), Elainie (10th September 2021), Ernie Nemeth (11th September 2021), gord (10th September 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th September 2021), Mashika (10th September 2021), william r sanford72 (10th September 2021)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (11th September 2021), Mashika (10th September 2021), rgray222 (10th September 2021)

23. Link to Post #32
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by Ratszinger (here)
    Just like this here explains.The "Universe 25" experiment is one of the most terrifying experiments in the history of science, which, through the behavior of a colony of mice, is an attempt by scientists to explain human societies. The idea of ​​"Universe 25" Came from the American scientist John Calhoun, who created an "ideal world" in which hundreds of mice would live and reproduce. More specifically, Calhoun built the so-called "Paradise of Mice", a specially designed space where rodents had Abundance of food and water, as well as a large living space. In the beginning, he placed four pairs of mice that in a short time began to reproduce, resulting in their population growing rapidly. However, after 315 days their reproduction began to decrease significantly. When the number of rodents reached 600, a hierarchy was formed between them and then the so-called "wretches" appeared. The larger rodents began to attack the group, with the result that many males begin to "collapse" psychologically. As a result, the females did not protect themselves and in turn became aggressive towards their young. As time went on, the females showed more and more aggressive behavior, isolation elements and lack of reproductive mood. There was a low birth rate and, at the same time, an increase in mortality in younger rodents. Then, a new class of male rodents appeared, the so-called "beautiful mice". They refused to mate with the females or to "fight" for their space. All they cared about was food and sleep. At one point, "beautiful males" and "isolated females" made up the majority of the population. According to Calhoun, the death phase consisted of two stages: the "first death" and "second death." The former was characterized by the loss of purpose in life beyond mere existence — no desire to mate, raise young or establish a role within society. As time went on, juvenile mortality reached 100% and reproduction reached zero. Among the endangered mice, homosexuality was observed and, at the same time, cannibalism increased, despite the fact that there was plenty of food. Two years after the start of the experiment, the last baby of the colony was born. By 1973, he had killed the last mouse in the Universe 25. John Calhoun repeated the same experiment 25 more times, and each time the result was the same.
    Calhoun's scientific work has been used as a model for interpreting social collapse, and his research serves as a focal point for the study of urban sociology.
    We are currently witnessing direct parallels in today’s society..weak, feminized men with little to no skills and no protection instincts, and overly agitated and aggressive females with no maternal instincts.
    Since scientists and supposed experiments are notoriously liars, I will put this in the category of bedtime stories. Could be true but I do not use info that I have no way of verifying beyond doubt as cornerstone for my understanding especially of human nature.

26 same experiments is impressive and doubtful. I think 10 or less is more believable.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (11th September 2021), Mashika (10th September 2021), rgray222 (10th September 2021)

25. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The question of war is one that I have grappled with for many years. I honestly feel no closer to an answer than when I started down that road. I have seen and read a lot of his stuff but had not seen that question asked of him. Short video with lots to think about.
    Thanks for posting.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (11th September 2021), Mashika (10th September 2021), Mike (10th September 2021), Wind (10th September 2021)

27. Link to Post #34
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I agree with much in this thread ... many people trained and fanned out to organise a coup d'état on Western culture.
    One of the most disturbing in your face things that very few have figured out is the weaponsiation of human instinct, something which I keenly observe but leaves the most intelligent bamboozled and complying.

Huxley mentioned how the human instinct or state was already well undertstood by the 1930s.
    Think about it...if you undertstand it, all you have to do is invert it and implement strategies around it to confuse the living daylights out of everyone.

Here's my hypotheses....

We are not very much evolved past living in small family groups in forest enclaves. By NATURE, that makes us;

- Racist : we are wary of the traveller, especially someone of different creed. Will they bring disease or a small army to wipe us out?
    - Sexist : the males hunted, the females reproduced and worked domestically. No female would be asked to protect a tribe a village.
    - Ageist : Aged people can provide wisdom but don't reduce the workload burden
    - Eugenicists : weak people can hold back a family, tribe or village or lead to weak offspring.

So, the bait and switch - weaponise our instincts against us to keep us passive and get everyone believing the lie of woke society.

A good example is 'taking the knee' in soccer/football i.e. aiming to stop racism. The reality, in the UK at least, is that there has not really been any racisim in professional football for decades. Why? Because many of a team's best payers have been black. So for a very practical reason it is a non-issue. And if you boo 'taking the knee' at football game...you are a racist..no you are booing against cultural marxism and the phoney problems it creates.

The PTB mock human kind by implementing this and using it as evidence of how the people are stupid. Very clever, insidious and a sheister trick.

What other basic instincts are weaponised? Think about it, they ALL are.
    Last edited by jimbobule; 10th September 2021 at 21:37.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jimbobule For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (11th September 2021), I am B (10th September 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th September 2021), Mashika (10th September 2021), Mike (10th September 2021), rgray222 (10th September 2021)

29. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I have to say that to me it seems the Biden administration has had a hand in fueling the hate in the US. He spent the first few months of his presidency almost continuously talking about systematic racism, all the rampant white supremacist everywhere republicans gathered in groups, and of course the racist police ( never mind the fact his own VP called him a racist during the primaries). Try as he might though it wasn't enough to get us all killing each other in the streets, not all of us.
    So last night he dropped the not very effective racism narrative and went on a tirade against the unvaccinated. "We've run out of patience" , "you've cost us dearly", and my favorite, "protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated"( nevermind in Dec 2020 he's on the record saying he wouldn't trust the vaccine or the FDA).

I'm not going to write a long post pointing out all of Biden's numerous contradictions, illogical statements, and lies as far as the vaccine and the racism issues go as I'm sure most here know all about those just as well if not more than I, I'm just saying in my 51 years I have never seen a president try so hard to get people to be angry with each other. It's really beyond insane at this point.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommy Roxx For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (11th September 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th September 2021), Mashika (10th September 2021), rgray222 (10th September 2021)

31. Link to Post #36
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)

Many more such insulting revelations would come my way and soon I got a rep for asking to many annoying questions. I never ever got satisfactory answers either, which truly bothered me and confused me greatly.
    Can totally relate to that, it does seem that most people here do as well People who look for answers, and people who "don't want to know", seem to gather together in some places of their own

Quote I would get ideas and my curiosity often got the best of me. I would be obsessed with my ideas to the exclusion of everything else. School often got in the way of my spurts of creativity, and I soon became disaffected with official learning.
    Same here lol, and even got me expelled from the church my family had been attending for 100+ years or so I'm still proud of that by the way

Quote But my spurts were always short lived, as my attention would wander away to some other idea. I soon got a rep for never finishing anything (That was so hard on my psyche that I would devote a year later in life just to finish some of my more important projects).
    Maybe you have not found yet something so interesting that it would capture you entirely? I'm kind of the other way, i'm focused so much on some things that people try to say "this is good enough" and i say "no, let's do another pass at it and make it better" and they get tired and bored and want to quit it, and i force them to do it and sometimes it works well and we get better things, but sometimes it doesn't and it's like "see we told you!". I tend to believe that it doesn't matter in the end if it didn't succeed the way one expected, as long as the effort was put on it

Quote Then came my 'how does that work phase' when I would take things apart to see how they work. But I could never figure out how to put them back together again. So I also got a rep of always breaking things.
    Something important to never lose is being able to break things apart. Said my grandfather

Quote In my philosophy, I cannot have a life until the corruption is addressed. I cannot live with it and be alright with it. I reject my own ambitions and resist everywhere I can a system that is unjust and must be fixed!
    Da
    Tired

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (11th September 2021), rgray222 (10th September 2021)

33. Link to Post #37
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tommy Roxx (here)
    I have to say that to me it seems the Biden administration has had a hand in fueling the hate in the US. He spent the first few months of his presidency almost continuously talking about systematic racism, all the rampant white supremacist everywhere republicans gathered in groups, and of course the racist police ( never mind the fact his own VP called him a racist during the primaries). Try as he might though it wasn't enough to get us all killing each other in the streets, not all of us.
    So last night he dropped the not very effective racism narrative and went on a tirade against the unvaccinated. "We've run out of patience" , "you've cost us dearly", and my favorite, "protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated"( nevermind in Dec 2020 he's on the record saying he wouldn't trust the vaccine or the FDA).

I'm not going to write a long post pointing out all of Biden's numerous contradictions, illogical statements, and lies as far as the vaccine and the racism issues go as I'm sure most here know all about those just as well if not more than I, I'm just saying in my 51 years I have never seen a president try so hard to get people to be angry with each other. It's really beyond insane at this point.
    Causing division is an art, and people get trained/educated for it, it was abstracted so much that they can't see it for what it is, instead they see "educated choices were made". Most governments work under that framework, not just the US one
    Tired

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (11th September 2021), rgray222 (10th September 2021), Tommy Roxx (11th September 2021)

35. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by xidaijena (here)
    You're right. I am also diagnosed with schizophrenia by the mental hospital in my hometown.
    I have spent the day thinking about your comment. I am not really sure what to say except I have someone very close to me that has been diagnosed with the same. I admire this person's struggle and I also value her different thinking on subjects. I get very irritated with the lack of effort and concern most people and the world at large have for those diagnosed with similar disorders.

Because I care about this person a lot I have made it my mission to read Jung, Erickson, Freud, Krauthammer and most recently Jordan Peterson. Getting through some of this material has taken time and it has been a real struggle but it has absolutely been worth the effort.

xidaijena, I wish you the best

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (11th September 2021), Mashika (10th September 2021), Wind (10th September 2021), xidaijena (11th September 2021)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 times in 191 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Karen (Geophyz) (here)
    This is pure hate. Deep hate. Hate so deep that people think you should die for thinking different.
    Yep. Here's an example. This kind of poison, targeted at people the guy doesn't even know, is pretty hard to understand.

My best guess is that something has happened to some people that they're quite unaware of, and in some sense — metaphorical or literal — they are no longer themselves.

Wow. Classy!

My opinion: In the case of covid and vaccines: for the average person to accept that they've been lied to and manipulated on such a huge scale would also require them to question pretty much everything they ever regarded as true. Because if the president is lying and manipulating, and the doctors, the politicians, the community leaders, and anyone else who's regarded as a respectable authority...who's left? What's left?

It too traumatic for most, too emotionally challenging, too mind blowing, too everything! Some flat out don't have the capacity for it and the one's that do are too weary and scared to grapple with it. Much easier to remain in denial and return to their cozy lives. The ferocious denial and cruelty are the death throes of an overwhelmed system fighting to keep it's head in the sand. The irrationality is, ironically, a last gasp attempt at preserving their sanity.

I think precious few want true autonomy and sovereignty. The personal responsibility it requires is too much. Too many fall into existential crisis mode
    This is it for me: Mike your extremely well put treatise I think holds exactly the right type of thinking regarding this. How easy it is to forget that the cognitive dissonance required to hold onto any kind of mainstream narrative, or otherwise, is almost without exception based on a fear that we can all appreciate. It's a fear that we all have, and it takes an exceptional, exceptional person indeed to be free from any kind of fear that holds the beliefs in place.

To properly challenge one's core and cherished beliefs is an extreme endeavour, no matter what we believe.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Apulu For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (11th September 2021), gord (11th September 2021), I am B (10th September 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th September 2021), Mashika (10th September 2021), rgray222 (10th September 2021)

39. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 times in 828 posts

"How Did We Arrive In A World So Full Of Hate And Division?"

Either we are one of the stubborn souls refusing to evolve and are gathered to this recycling center called earth, or we have a chance to share a shard of evolution with fellow humans, to prepare a way forward on the cosmic path, if we can endure it.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (11th September 2021), rgray222 (11th September 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast