Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Gabby Petito?

1. Link to Post #21
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Default Re: What happened to Gabby Petito?

Quote Posted by Mercedes (here)
    I think they found her body, no details yet.

Yes, i'm so sad about this, i don't think there's any chance they will say "it's not her" at this point, and that's truly lamentable, as i have experienced just the same with close family and other friends

There's something very dark in all of this, and that's why i posted it, i did not want to go with the "morbid" cheap news or entertainment aspect of it, but rather to the human side
    Tired

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th May 2022), boja (20th September 2021), Denise/Dizi (20th September 2021), Mercedes (20th September 2021), Sadieblue (20th September 2021), Tintin (20th September 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Ascension's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 times in 201 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    Quote Posted by Ascension (here)
    Come on now...how can all this be coincidental? Their you tube page is called nomadic statik which anagrams to mask dictation, van life=evil fan. The site has 2.3 million views. Millions of people have been investing emotion into this sad story and yet, something about it screams set up to me.

The couple just happened to be stopped by police and filmed for over an hour before her disappearance. Somebody happened to capture footage of the van parked along the road in the Grand Tetons, so many little things giving "life" to this story.

Oh, and the one video they posted has incredible production quality with drone shots and music and editing, while at the same time the boyfriend told the police it was her little project like he wasn't even involved at all. He had to have been involved in a major way with camera operations at the very least.

How could circumstance conspire to bring about a story which would garner such attention and emotion and yet have so many hidden aspects of embedded evil. How many millions have repeated the name Gabby Petito? (bag by tiptoe)

On the other hand, how could this possibly be a conspiracy?
    I don't understand what this means "bag by tiptoe", please explain. Please remember i don't have your language as my own, so if this is a reference to something else in your culture, let me know by a reference to it. As it is, it's not meaning anything at all to me

If you mean something related to the US, then let me remind you that there's like 7+ billion people out there, and a very small fraction of that is US citizens. So unless you are claiming everything that happens and it takes a global effect happens in the US, which a lot of people do. Then please be more clear.

Actually be more clear in both ways, please
    No, I am referring to spell casting - hidden meaning in rearranged letters. The agenda is being carried out globally but with many eyes on what happens in the US. "Bag" means to capture or to place in a body bag. "By Tiptoe", means making progress stealthily...as in totalitarian tiptoe. Gabby's name literally translates to capture by tiptoe.

My point was that many things about this story contain rearranged words that millions of people are viewing/speaking out loud which are attached to a global agenda. I suspect this is a planted story, but have difficulty wrapping my head around how that could be achieved.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ascension For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th May 2022), Denise/Dizi (20th September 2021), Journeyman (22nd September 2021), Mashika (20th September 2021), Mercedes (20th September 2021), Pam (20th September 2021), Sadieblue (21st September 2021), Victoria (21st September 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

spell casting
    But under what magic system?

I think i understand your meaning but it's important to be more specific since it applies different to cultures and "worlds" all existing around us at the same time, as it happens right now
    Tired

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ascension (20th September 2021), Bill Ryan (5th May 2022), Denise/Dizi (20th September 2021), Mercedes (20th September 2021), Pam (20th September 2021), Sadieblue (21st September 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Maybe this thread should be closed now, i don't see the point of keeping it going on.

It has been made clear now that Gabby is gone, and there's nothing else to do about it

There's a lot of suffering going on and i don't think this thread can go anywhere else but to derail into other topics

If there's something someone thinks may be related to her, then it may be possible to open a new thread for that. This one wasn't about it, as far as i feel or felt when i opened it

Thanks
    Tired

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th May 2022), Denise/Dizi (20th September 2021), Mercedes (20th September 2021), Pam (20th September 2021), Sadieblue (21st September 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Ascension's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 times in 201 posts

spell casting
    But under what magic system?

I think i understand your meaning but it's important to be more specific since it applies different to cultures and "worlds" all existing around us at the same time, as it happens right now
    To be honest, I have no idea which magic system. I'm not well-versed in conception or application of magic. I was simply pointing out the anomalies surrounding this event. I noticed the speed and veracity of its rise in public consciousness and the large number of anagrams associated with it. I wish I understood more about the "reality" surrounding us.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ascension For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (20th September 2021), Mashika (20th September 2021), Mercedes (20th September 2021), Pam (20th September 2021), Sadieblue (21st September 2021)

11. Link to Post #26
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,626 times in 5,517 posts

A related piece of news here which on the face of it may have some weight

Link: https://twitter.com/i/events/1439725235217993729

Body found in Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming ‘consistent with the description’ of Gabby Petito, according to FBI

A body discovered Sunday in Wyoming is believed to be 22-year-old Gabrielle “Gabby” Petito, according to authorities. FBI Supervisory Special Agent Charles Jones said in a press conference the body was found by law enforcement agents who had been searching the vicinity of Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area in the Bridger-Teton National Forest for two days.
    Photo via @CTVNews

Click image for larger version

Name:	Teton_forest.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	47494
    Last edited by Tintin; 20th September 2021 at 10:07.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

avid (20th September 2021), Mashika (20th September 2021), Mercedes (20th September 2021), Pam (20th September 2021), Sadieblue (21st September 2021)

13. Link to Post #27
    Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Maybe this thread should be closed now, i don't see the point of keeping it going on.

It has been made clear now that Gabby is gone, and there's nothing else to do about it

There's a lot of suffering going on and i don't think this thread can go anywhere else but to derail into other topics

If there's something someone thinks may be related to her, then it may be possible to open a new thread for that. This one wasn't about it, as far as i feel or felt when i opened it

Thanks

Yes, perhaps it should be closed now, but it was a valuable thread, not only to ponder the what happened to the beautiful young woman, but also to consider how and why some issues cut deeply into our psyche.

When a story gains so much traction as this one did, it says something about us as a society. The story of Gabby affected millions and that's because they potentially saw themselves/families/friends in the situation. It was a fatal combination of youth, beauty, and innocence, combined with an inability to make sound judgments, and the deeper threat of obsessive love?

At any rate, it drove thousands of would-be psychics to meditate on Gabby's whereabouts, read tarot cards, and use other methods of divination in an attempt to find her.

And then we learn that a couple who quite by chance, happened to catch a quick glimpse of the van on their dashcam. Their video led law enforcement to the body. The fascinating thing is that the couple were on an annual trip they take in memory of their child who died in a vehicle accident a few years prior when they were taking him to Disney. While the outcome isn't what anyone wanted--it's worth considering whether it was a coincidence that the parents who lost a child were able to offer answers to another set of parents who lost Gabby.

And, why were you drawn to this young woman's saga? I propose that, like others, you're somewhat of an empath. Energy moves along unseen in this world, but we can witness its results. I would not listen to those who feel that caring and pondering the safety of others is a low-level energy. It's actually one of the highest forms of energy--it's just that they do not yet know how to balance that energy so it throws them off. You're not an ambulance-chaser--you're part of a larger answer that works in invisible coordination with other energies to find the solutions to conflicts.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brenya For This Post:

Mashika (20th September 2021), Mercedes (20th September 2021), pabranno (21st September 2021), Pam (20th September 2021), Sadieblue (22nd September 2021), wondering (20th September 2021)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,010 times in 339 posts

A guy kills a girl in a super obvious way, and some incompetent cops mess it up.

Question why is this EVERYWHERE around the news. I mentioned it on another thread, we're having "weird" mediatic topics suddenly flood the news in spain too.

We should be asking why. What is being hidden? what are they building up? Why did this happen?

I don't think this is just some regular casual news.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Brodie75 (20th September 2021), Journeyman (22nd September 2021), Mashika (20th September 2021), Mercedes (20th September 2021), Orph (20th September 2021), pabranno (21st September 2021), Sadieblue (22nd September 2021), Sue (Ayt) (20th September 2021), Victoria (21st September 2021), wondering (20th September 2021)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Poor Gabby. Rest in peace. Despite the fact that the police video caught her on a bad day she still seemed like a sweet kid to me. She was polite and informative to the officers through her upset. Of course I didn't know her this was just the impression I got from that vid and all the pictures they've been showing. My heart breaks for her family.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tommy Roxx For This Post:

Mashika (20th September 2021), Mercedes (20th September 2021), pabranno (21st September 2021), Sadieblue (22nd September 2021), thepainterdoug (20th September 2021), wondering (20th September 2021), xidaijena (22nd September 2021)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

Quote Posted by Savannah (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Lots of drama in the world, can I ask why you feel this is pertinent to Avalon?
    (A friendly mod note)

One might say the same thing about the new ABBA thread.

I think Masha is quite right: this is about human nature. A tragic disappearance, and probably a crime. We do dig into many human condition issues here. (And the ABBA thread is also far more about the human condition than music.)

If members want to talk about something in our complex world that catches their attention and (especially) might have some deeper significance behind it, there's usually an opportunity here. Avalon threads constitute an everyone-welcome buffet on a pretty huge help-yourself table!

Well yes Bill as matter of fact I thought the Aba thread was not very interesting, but it’s your forum and has it occurred to you that maybe no one would say that to you for that reason. I have watched a moderator here attack everyone who supported Trump and sometimes brutally and without any justification and you said nothing. Yet you go after me for just questing someone’s motivation. You have hard time with some dissenting voices and not others. I can tell you exactly why I asked about this tread. I don’t look at violence and cruelty unless it has a higher purpose and I can learn something from it. I worked in a prison with murders, they kill for many reasons and there are a lot of them in the world killing people every day. So again I question why I should look at this one, the world is filled with it. I could post many more gruesome crimes, I could tell you more real horrific stories that would give you nightmares, stories that I may be the only one who knows about them; they are fascinating stories, but I wouldn’t do that because you pay a price for that information. Is this really the entertainment you want in your psyche. Remember, everything you see, you don’t have the privilege of using the delete button in your mind to remove it. I look at posts about crimes of the TPTB because I learn from that, there is nothing in this post but tragedy and lowering of my personal frequency, and for what? The Aba thread was uninteresting to some, some loved it, to each their own no harm no foul. The information here in my mind can be detrimental and the MSM is full of it, to tear you apart while entertaining you under the guise it’s a human interest story. I understand I can often be confrontational and don’t always come off as sweetness and light, however as Pam points out, you may be more fooled by those who present themselves that way than by those who tell you what they really think and are willing to take the heat for it!
    Your reference to "high frequencies" and the way you have acted here, are very conflicting. But i don't expect you to reply to me, as i have learned from other people in the past, once you think someone is 'below' you, you don't find the time or care for it

And that's the ironic part of it all, the idea that you somehow have 'high frequencies",whatever that means to you, while also being so "low on frequencies" that you consider other people's suffering as 'lesser than me' and 'not worth my time'. The joke tells itself, honestly

You sound like: "I"m so high above this mere human matters that i can't be bothered with it, show me something interesting, i could not care less about the suffering of these peasants!"

That's not very "high frequency", honestly.

What's your take on that?

I think a bit of humbleness would not hurt, or even, may i dare say, true understanding of what suffering is. (And this coming from me, possibly one of the most arrogant persons who have ever stepped on Avalon)

The world doesn't revolve around what you have experienced. And the world doesn't need to follow and cut into your current perspective of life. It.Does.Not.Matter. Someone else always has more experience, and there's always a bigger fish...

Just because you experienced some things here and there, doesn't mean no one else has the right to learn and go at their own time, or pace, learning the same things.

I'm sorry if you had a bad life experience, your not the only one! I did too, and i did not lose my soul through it, i care about people mostly more than i care about me, in the end, and it has costly bad in some ways.

By your own words, we seem to not be at your high level of understanding of these things. I guess you should post a list of things you consider worthy of your interest, so that we all in Avalon skip and avoid offending your taste of news and research, and focus just on your own needs. As clearly this world revolves around what you consider interesting and nothing else. Yes i'm being difficult there, i mean to

But let me be serious now:

I truly find it funny, but even more, very interesting, at least for today, that you consider you have "high frequencies that can be lowered by learning about someone else's suffering". While doing the total opposite of it. And you are actually showing a lack of care of anything but your own happiness. Which is ego and selfishness, which completely goes and destroys anything you think "high frequencies" mean

This Ego and "me me me" attitude? That's considered at least, the lowest of "frequencies" as far as i understand your misunderstanding of what "frequencies" mean

Oh also, please, if, and that's a big IF, you ever reply, consider this: Age and experience are not related, so if you are considering saying something about my age and what i have said or may possibly say later on. Please don't. Talk about what is being said, leave age as far as you can possibly leave it, from your mind. It's not at all meaningful, in the context of this conversation. Hope you understand that

Quote So again I question why I should look at this one, the world is filled with it. I could post many more gruesome crimes, I could tell you more real horrific stories that would give you nightmares, stories that I may be the only one who knows about them; they are fascinating stories, but I wouldn’t do that because you pay a price for that information. Is this really the entertainment you want in your psyche.
    I have seen more than that, i have seen things that would make you cry

Like what? Kids blown up to pieces in the floor of their living room? Older people sitting on their couches, barely breathing and crying like little kids when the soldiers come running to help them?

Or maybe 60+ year olds crying and some of them in their last minutes of life grasping for air and crying in their last breath "mommy!" while they hold into a random leaf or stone they found while trying to escape the murderous and terrible fall of rockets and shells into their homes?

Or maybe young girls undressed on the streets and raped who tried to run away by dragging their bodies across the road leaving a trace of blood all over only to die on the other side of that road because they completely bleed out, and grasping in their little hands a leaf or whatever they could find to grasp in a last attempt to find strenth?

Give me a f*king break.

Whatever you experienced, it's yours only, this ridiculous attempt to claim so high level of entitlement means nothing to me. I have seen things too, possibly even worse

I was a soldier, have you ever cleared a village and go house to house and then you, before reaching the house, notice the silence around, not even the birds are around, but you see them on top of trees, all silent there, watching from afar, and the air is dense, very dense. There's something in the air and then you know someone just recently died there, and you have to clear the house and move on, and on that house, inside, you find death, kids and parents and pets and so on.

*Take pictures because once you move and the recovery team arrives, the scene may have changed, pick up whatever you can to keep moving and let's move on, pretend you did not see a young girl blown up to pieces and her dad rotting away on the next corner because they probably happened 15/20 days ago and now they are blue and bloated*

Go house by house finding similar, pretend is not important, keep going, you have a mission, you are a soldier! Remember your goals, don't stop or other will suffer the same, you are here to save the most you can, see this as a way to let you know that other's are about to suffer the same, hurry soldier! Any moment wasted, may be another life!

Village is clear! And there are 100 dead people, mostly children and woman, but no soldier got hurt, so it's a "white day"! Hurra!

So spare me this crap about how much you have seen with prisoners and blah blah blah. You would not last a day with that attitude out there, With this "i need special treatment" attitude

Just now see? Now you made me angry. I can't be angry, i may die out of stupidity, and this is why i requested not to be allowed to post

Stupid selfishness and "i don't care about other's suffering. I'm above that"

Sure you are

Enough!

ETA:

And just so you know

Any soldier out there who has not lost it, will tell you this, once you lose your care for human life and stop caring about their suffering, you are not a soldier anymore, you are a murderer. Never stop caring about human life, or you become the enemy

And i bet all army veterans here on Avalon can confirm this, if they wish so

ETA 2:

Once you find a kid or a grown up with their inner stomach all blown out and you know they have 5/10 minutes to live and they are desperately trying to find hope, what do you say to them? other than the BS you think you would say right now? What do you actually said? When the air is full of blood and other things and you can barely breath next to them and you know their suffering is immense and they will pass soon and you have to be there for them, say it. Don't let the smell of their inner organs allow you to throw up, it's a disgrace, they expect you to be strong for them, keep yourself alert and strong, grab their hands and lie to them while they go to sleep the endless night

But are you going to say the BS you were told to say? Are you human?

Note to MODs:

Please leave this here, i was not supposed to talk about this, and i did not intended to, but seeing as what has happened i can see here a chance to show how things happen out there, and it's just not about me, but about what thousands others live out there day by day. I'm willing, even if i was told not to, i'm willing to express this now.

But i won't move much more forward than this. I just need and want to let people know that there are things happening that are way beyond, and that just because someone thinks all they have experienced is the top most of it, that's not true, "There's always a bigger fish"

It doesn't matter if people believe or not, is not meant for that, i'm not trying to claim entitlement or any kind of show off or street credit. Whatever happens, happens next

I will not get into a childish back an forth argument of baseless accusations with you. I can just say once and leave at this: I have spent my entire life as a therapist and the last 15 years treating 911 fire fighters, soldiers and people exposed to satanic abuse and gang violence. You know nothing about me or my motivations and your accusations say more about you than me. I will ignore this thread going forward.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

BMJ (22nd November 2021), Matthew (27th April 2023)

21. Link to Post #31
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Lots of drama in the world, can I ask why you feel this is pertinent to Avalon?
    (A friendly mod note)

One might say the same thing about the new ABBA thread.

I think Masha is quite right: this is about human nature. A tragic disappearance, and probably a crime. We do dig into many human condition issues here. (And the ABBA thread is also far more about the human condition than music.)

If members want to talk about something in our complex world that catches their attention and (especially) might have some deeper significance behind it, there's usually an opportunity here. Avalon threads constitute an everyone-welcome buffet on a pretty huge help-yourself table!

Well yes Bill as matter of fact I thought the Aba thread was not very interesting, but it’s your forum and has it occurred to you that maybe no one would say that to you for that reason. I have watched a moderator here attack everyone who supported Trump and sometimes brutally and without any justification and you said nothing. Yet you go after me for just questing someone’s motivation. You have hard time with some dissenting voices and not others. I can tell you exactly why I asked about this tread. I don’t look at violence and cruelty unless it has a higher purpose and I can learn something from it. I worked in a prison with murders, they kill for many reasons and there are a lot of them in the world killing people every day. So again I question why I should look at this one, the world is filled with it. I could post many more gruesome crimes, I could tell you more real horrific stories that would give you nightmares, stories that I may be the only one who knows about them; they are fascinating stories, but I wouldn’t do that because you pay a price for that information. Is this really the entertainment you want in your psyche. Remember, everything you see, you don’t have the privilege of using the delete button in your mind to remove it. I look at posts about crimes of the TPTB because I learn from that, there is nothing in this post but tragedy and lowering of my personal frequency, and for what? The Aba thread was uninteresting to some, some loved it, to each their own no harm no foul. The information here in my mind can be detrimental and the MSM is full of it, to tear you apart while entertaining you under the guise it’s a human interest story. I understand I can often be confrontational and don’t always come off as sweetness and light, however as Pam points out, you may be more fooled by those who present themselves that way than by those who tell you what they really think and are willing to take the heat for it!
    Your reference to "high frequencies" and the way you have acted here, are very conflicting. But i don't expect you to reply to me, as i have learned from other people in the past, once you think someone is 'below' you, you don't find the time or care for it

And that's the ironic part of it all, the idea that you somehow have 'high frequencies",whatever that means to you, while also being so "low on frequencies" that you consider other people's suffering as 'lesser than me' and 'not worth my time'. The joke tells itself, honestly

You sound like: "I"m so high above this mere human matters that i can't be bothered with it, show me something interesting, i could not care less about the suffering of these peasants!"

That's not very "high frequency", honestly.

What's your take on that?

I think a bit of humbleness would not hurt, or even, may i dare say, true understanding of what suffering is. (And this coming from me, possibly one of the most arrogant persons who have ever stepped on Avalon)

The world doesn't revolve around what you have experienced. And the world doesn't need to follow and cut into your current perspective of life. It.Does.Not.Matter. Someone else always has more experience, and there's always a bigger fish...

Just because you experienced some things here and there, doesn't mean no one else has the right to learn and go at their own time, or pace, learning the same things.

I'm sorry if you had a bad life experience, your not the only one! I did too, and i did not lose my soul through it, i care about people mostly more than i care about me, in the end, and it has costly bad in some ways.

By your own words, we seem to not be at your high level of understanding of these things. I guess you should post a list of things you consider worthy of your interest, so that we all in Avalon skip and avoid offending your taste of news and research, and focus just on your own needs. As clearly this world revolves around what you consider interesting and nothing else. Yes i'm being difficult there, i mean to

But let me be serious now:

I truly find it funny, but even more, very interesting, at least for today, that you consider you have "high frequencies that can be lowered by learning about someone else's suffering". While doing the total opposite of it. And you are actually showing a lack of care of anything but your own happiness. Which is ego and selfishness, which completely goes and destroys anything you think "high frequencies" mean

This Ego and "me me me" attitude? That's considered at least, the lowest of "frequencies" as far as i understand your misunderstanding of what "frequencies" mean

Oh also, please, if, and that's a big IF, you ever reply, consider this: Age and experience are not related, so if you are considering saying something about my age and what i have said or may possibly say later on. Please don't. Talk about what is being said, leave age as far as you can possibly leave it, from your mind. It's not at all meaningful, in the context of this conversation. Hope you understand that

Quote So again I question why I should look at this one, the world is filled with it. I could post many more gruesome crimes, I could tell you more real horrific stories that would give you nightmares, stories that I may be the only one who knows about them; they are fascinating stories, but I wouldn’t do that because you pay a price for that information. Is this really the entertainment you want in your psyche.
    I have seen more than that, i have seen things that would make you cry

Like what? Kids blown up to pieces in the floor of their living room? Older people sitting on their couches, barely breathing and crying like little kids when the soldiers come running to help them?

Or maybe 60+ year olds crying and some of them in their last minutes of life grasping for air and crying in their last breath "mommy!" while they hold into a random leaf or stone they found while trying to escape the murderous and terrible fall of rockets and shells into their homes?

Or maybe young girls undressed on the streets and raped who tried to run away by dragging their bodies across the road leaving a trace of blood all over only to die on the other side of that road because they completely bleed out, and grasping in their little hands a leaf or whatever they could find to grasp in a last attempt to find strenth?

Give me a f*king break.

Whatever you experienced, it's yours only, this ridiculous attempt to claim so high level of entitlement means nothing to me. I have seen things too, possibly even worse

I was a soldier, have you ever cleared a village and go house to house and then you, before reaching the house, notice the silence around, not even the birds are around, but you see them on top of trees, all silent there, watching from afar, and the air is dense, very dense. There's something in the air and then you know someone just recently died there, and you have to clear the house and move on, and on that house, inside, you find death, kids and parents and pets and so on.

*Take pictures because once you move and the recovery team arrives, the scene may have changed, pick up whatever you can to keep moving and let's move on, pretend you did not see a young girl blown up to pieces and her dad rotting away on the next corner because they probably happened 15/20 days ago and now they are blue and bloated*

Go house by house finding similar, pretend is not important, keep going, you have a mission, you are a soldier! Remember your goals, don't stop or other will suffer the same, you are here to save the most you can, see this as a way to let you know that other's are about to suffer the same, hurry soldier! Any moment wasted, may be another life!

Village is clear! And there are 100 dead people, mostly children and woman, but no soldier got hurt, so it's a "white day"! Hurra!

So spare me this crap about how much you have seen with prisoners and blah blah blah. You would not last a day with that attitude out there, With this "i need special treatment" attitude

Just now see? Now you made me angry. I can't be angry, i may die out of stupidity, and this is why i requested not to be allowed to post

Stupid selfishness and "i don't care about other's suffering. I'm above that"

Sure you are

Enough!

ETA:

And just so you know

Any soldier out there who has not lost it, will tell you this, once you lose your care for human life and stop caring about their suffering, you are not a soldier anymore, you are a murderer. Never stop caring about human life, or you become the enemy

And i bet all army veterans here on Avalon can confirm this, if they wish so

ETA 2:

Once you find a kid or a grown up with their inner stomach all blown out and you know they have 5/10 minutes to live and they are desperately trying to find hope, what do you say to them? other than the BS you think you would say right now? What do you actually said? When the air is full of blood and other things and you can barely breath next to them and you know their suffering is immense and they will pass soon and you have to be there for them, say it. Don't let the smell of their inner organs allow you to throw up, it's a disgrace, they expect you to be strong for them, keep yourself alert and strong, grab their hands and lie to them while they go to sleep the endless night

But are you going to say the BS you were told to say? Are you human?

Note to MODs:

Please leave this here, i was not supposed to talk about this, and i did not intended to, but seeing as what has happened i can see here a chance to show how things happen out there, and it's just not about me, but about what thousands others live out there day by day. I'm willing, even if i was told not to, i'm willing to express this now.

But i won't move much more forward than this. I just need and want to let people know that there are things happening that are way beyond, and that just because someone thinks all they have experienced is the top most of it, that's not true, "There's always a bigger fish"

It doesn't matter if people believe or not, is not meant for that, i'm not trying to claim entitlement or any kind of show off or street credit. Whatever happens, happens next

I will not get into a childish back an forth argument
    None was expected, and you did act immature to begin with, complaining that a thread about something you were not interested was posted. That's very childish, but ok

Quote I will ignore this thread going forward.
    Thank you, that should have been your reaction right from the beginning. Like an adult that goes by the street, sees a bar or people they don't like and they just keep walking paying no attention

*Life is not a competition about who has had the most gruesome experiences* Mentioning that as if "mine are better than yours" is also childish and immature, the only reason i mentioned my experiences is because i wanted to show that everyone goes through things and that doesn't earn you any privilege or entitlements, not to start a competition that sounds ridiculously like a "my dad is better than your dad" kid argument

Thanks for your reply
    Last edited by Mashika; 20th September 2021 at 19:46.
    Tired

22. Link to Post #32
    China Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 times in 1,022 posts

Thanks
    I believe Gabby will reborn as a cute girl and brave in her next life.

Let's pray for her and dream for a better and peaceful world.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Mashika (22nd September 2021)

24. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,188 times in 32,903 posts

Just a note here, watching it all from quite a considerable distance. (Or height! the 30,000 foot view is helpful.)
    1. It's a tragedy, of course.
    2. The media are pumping the story as entertainment. There are all kinds of human 'hooks' embedded in this, and the news editors know it. And Gabby has become a kind of 'celebrity'.
    3. One might consider the tens of thousands of other tragedies (maybe more!) that happen every day. Some of them have only just dropped out of the current news cycle.
    4. Knowing how the media operate (and the instructions they receive), there's every reason to believe that this kind of coverage is deliberately being pumped as a curtain over the MANY MANY MANY critically serious issues out there that affect millions of people. Not just one person, or one family.
    5. And to close, there's a human stress thing that's operating. Many reading this may know that when one is highly stressed, as a kind of compensation one can kind of get focused in on something that's very small. (Like: one's relationship is falling apart, and one's job is at risk, so one spends a couple of days cleaning the house from top to bottom.) That then becomes something that's much easier to control, and/or understand. So we escape from the macro by retreating to the micro. This is also in play here.

25. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

atman (23rd September 2021), BMJ (22nd November 2021), Brodie75 (22nd September 2021), Donald Ryan (22nd September 2021), Gracy (22nd September 2021), I am B (22nd September 2021), Ivanhoe (23rd September 2021), kudzy (22nd September 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd September 2021), Orph (22nd September 2021), pabranno (22nd September 2021), Sadieblue (22nd September 2021), Satori (22nd September 2021), Sue (Ayt) (22nd September 2021), Victoria (23rd September 2021), xidaijena (23rd September 2021), Yoda (22nd September 2021)

26. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,678 times in 3,332 posts

he adored her. I am not saying he is not controlling.... sometimes moments slip. I had relationships like this.empath and controlling wanting to possess.. I learned a lot from those relationships. they didn't kill me, but I spent many nights with a knife locked in a bathroom. I still love them both.one guy stalked me for years and yet he taught me so much. One was a special ops guy which meant nothing to me. He was very beautiful,,very athletic and graceful, he was sooooo broken, I never left him. We had 2 kids. He was beautiful and graceful and I was a clutz..... In the end he would have killed me rather than I leave. I still see his beauty.... he was a beautiful masculine guy. When he put his arm around me I felt safe. He was older than me..... a sort of dad figure. He killed innocent people and was seduced by his mom. Maybe this is the reality of the world

No more sanitized self....real in the moment.
    Last edited by Pam; 22nd September 2021 at 14:37.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Delight (23rd September 2021), Gracy (22nd September 2021), Matthew (22nd September 2021), pabranno (22nd September 2021), Sadieblue (22nd September 2021), Victoria (23rd September 2021)

28. Link to Post #35
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,798 times in 2,585 posts

Just a note here, watching it all from quite a considerable distance. (Or height! the 30,000 foot view is helpful.)
    2. The media are pumping the story as entertainment. There are all kinds of human 'hooks' embedded in this, and the news editors know it. And Gabby has become a kind of 'celebrity'.
    3. One might consider the tens of thousands of other tragedies (maybe more!) that happen every day. Some of them have only just dropped out of the current news cycle.
    4. Knowing how the media operate (and the instructions they receive), there's every reason to believe that this kind of coverage is deliberately being pumped as a curtain over the MANY MANY MANY critically serious issues out there that affect millions of people. Not just one person, or one family.
    5. And to close, there's a human stress thing that's operating. Many reading this may know that when one is highly stressed, as a kind of compensation one can kind of get focused in on something that's very small. (Like: one's relationship is falling apart, and one's job is at risk, so one spends a couple of days cleaning the house from top to bottom.) That then becomes something that's much easier to control, and/or understand. So we escape from the macro by retreating to the micro. This is also in play here.
    Yes. All that.

Must say, that I have witnessed "The Soap Opera" news reports happening repeatedly over the years. (that is how I have come to think of it when they start in with a tragic story like this.) And then I have watched the people everywhere discussing the drama in real life, on talk shows, on the phone, social media, etc. etc. and it really seems to me to be quite a psychologically studied tactic (ala Bernays, et. al.) Like a magician, almost - look over here, watch this! A diversionary tactic.

Over the years I can remember Jon Benet, Terry Schiavo, Laci Peterson, Anna Nicole... So many others, likely starting long before I was born. But I imagine there are many other families, facing similarly tragic situations every single day, who receive little if any orchestrated aid efforts at all. It even makes me suspicious that these publicized dramas may be only a script, a play of our emotions, and possibly not real at all. (Sometimes, when I have probed deeper, I have even found evidence of that kind of thing.)

With the mainstream, I have realized that it is not heartless to be suspicious of such things. This is what I have observed as I have grown older, and when these types of stories are highly publicized is exactly when I try to look deeper into the other things that I am not supposed to be noticing.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

atman (23rd September 2021), Bill Ryan (22nd September 2021), I am B (22nd September 2021), Journeyman (22nd September 2021), pabranno (22nd September 2021), Sadieblue (22nd September 2021), Victoria (23rd September 2021)

30. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,218 times in 1,147 posts

Quote Posted by Sue (Ayt) (here)
    Yes. All that.

Must say, that I have witnessed "The Soap Opera" news reports happening repeatedly over the years. (that is how I have come to think of it when they start in with a tragic story like this.) And then I have watched the people everywhere discussing the drama in real life, on talk shows, on the phone, social media, etc. etc. and it really seems to me to be quite a psychologically studied tactic (ala Bernays, et. al.) Like a magician, almost - look over here, watch this! A diversionary tactic.

Over the years I can remember Jon Benet, Terry Schiavo, Laci Peterson, Anna Nicole... So many others, likely starting long before I was born. But I imagine there are many other families, facing similarly tragic situations every single day, who receive little if any orchestrated aid efforts at all. It even makes me suspicious that these publicized dramas may be only a script, a play of our emotions, and possibly not real at all. (Sometimes, when I have probed deeper, I have even found evidence of that kind of thing.)

With the mainstream, I have realized that it is not heartless to be suspicious of such things. This is what I have observed as I have grown older, and when these types of stories are highly publicized is exactly when I try to look deeper into the other things that I am not supposed to be noticing.

and for @Ascension too as those posts were very perceptive in my view.

Difficult to discuss these stories, because if they're true, then there's real people in tremendous pain and no-one would wish to add to that. However, we have to acknowledge that to some extent or another we live in a confected reality, some of the things we are shown are either not real, or have been exaggerated or distorted in order to serve another purpose.

Over time I believe you can get a feeling for them. One big clue is how the media seize upon it and seek to perpetuate the story ad infinitum, when typically they move on quickly to the next one. The Sarah Everard case in the UK recently was one in my view and this is another. Further back there was Madelaine Mcann. If you want to get an inkling of just how these things are put together, try https://web.archive.org/web/20200930...ry-propaganda/
    the original site appears to be down, but the wayback machine version may be usable. There's a lot of very solid work in there with massive implications.

There's a lot of stuff that's very weird about this story, not least the massive attention that it drew and now the follow-up faux controversy over it plugging in the racial angle. If you look at the published videos there's more of the little markers that suggest this isn't as it's being presented. 666 on the cops hand, the sun and moon symbolism at the store they visit prior to the police stop, the stop itself and the drama around it. It feels fake to be honest. I'm not definite on it, but that's my intuition.

That of course begs the question 'why' and this is something I think we all should explore, because the answer would tell us much about this world and its narrative controllers. However, my suggestion would be to do that in a different thread, without it being the subject of a 'current' case. Partly because it may be genuine, in which case it's in poor taste, but mainly because these stories are artfully constructed to harness the emotions of the observers and it's better to get away from that as much as possible.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (23rd September 2021), I am B (22nd September 2021), Sadieblue (22nd September 2021)

32. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member pabranno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,747 times in 320 posts

I want to acknowledge the pain and very deep wounds that Mashika and Savannah both carry. I also respect and am so grateful for the trust in this community shown by them in their willing vulnerability to share a small part of it with us.
    I heard both your hearts crying. My heart does go out to you both
    There’s a painful beauty in sharing and true empathy.
    That may be a part of what our country is subconsciously trying to do with Gabby Petito and her family.
    I would like to believe that, anyway.
    May God bless us all.

Sincerely,
    Pamela

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pabranno For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd September 2021), Delight (23rd September 2021), Hym (22nd September 2021), Mike (22nd September 2021), pueblo (23rd September 2021), Ravenlocke (23rd September 2021), Victoria (23rd September 2021), wondering (23rd September 2021), xidaijena (23rd September 2021)

34. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member Donald Ryan's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

An insight from one of the bozos. First, this story makes me sick at heart. The police that let the two of them eventually continue on their way should be ashamed--they are supposed to be the experts at reading people and any feeling person can tell by the police bodycam footage that there was more than meets the eye here. Yes, yes, yes, I understand they can't step in without ample evidence to intervene, but they just didn't take the time or effort to delve deeper into what was going on. If they had, this tragedy may have been averted. That said, to the media circus. . .I was a member of a large international media concern that dealt with these stories all the time. It always sickens me that most media cannot look past the end of their noses and then jump on the bandwagon with both feet. In the olden days (I'm dating myself, here) there was a firm firewall betweeen major media concern News and Entertainment. But that firewal has burned to the ground. I have to point out that if the demand and desire for the product wasn't so driven by the sheeple, the product might die on the vine (from my lips to Buddha's ears). In the Biz, when a story like this "get's legs", it is like a small boulder rolling down the mountain growing to a major avalance with no stop in sight. It is mob mentality, which I have witnessed firsthand photographing large, violent protests--it is a scary, scary thing that takes on a life of its' own.
    Unfortunately, The Fourth Estate is a necessary stopgap to much that goes on in this world. Far from perfect, but necessary. There are a handful of world journalists, some I have worked with, that do God's work in sticking to journalistic standards and unbiased principles. But they are few and far between. And many either burn out from the ugliness they cover, fighting their own bossses or get killed. But my hat is off to these few standard-bearers.

As sad as it is, if the demand wasn't there for the product, the product would die.
    Best to all.

Cheers,
    Don Ryan
    ps--And don't even get me started on social media, although it was a couple with a Facebook video that led the police to where Gabby Petito's body was found. Another dicsussion for another day.
    Last edited by Donald Ryan; 28th September 2021 at 17:18. Reason: Clean up grammer errors.

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Donald Ryan For This Post:

Arcturian108 (22nd September 2021), Bill Ryan (22nd September 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (22nd September 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd September 2021), Matthew (22nd September 2021), Mike (22nd September 2021), pabranno (22nd September 2021), Pam (22nd September 2021)

36. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member Donald Ryan's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Bill:

Good points. The media "news cycle" has changed in our lifetimes from weeks to days to hours to minutes to seconds. All driven by technology and the voracious, insatiable appetite of the sheeple. No real news, just entertainment. The question that troubles me with this technogical speedup is. . .What kind of children are we producing that have to live in this kind of world. And what about their children (if the world lasts that long). How can we produce children with any kind of empathy, compassion and critical thinking when information moves at the speed of light. Year's ago, sitting on a bus in NY, I watched four teenage girls across the aisle all texting. As it was new to me, I asked them what they were doing. After a funny look at the old(er) man, one told me they were texting each other. Taken aback, I suddenly realized. . .we are doomed.
    Best,
    Don

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Donald Ryan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd September 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (22nd September 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd September 2021), Mike (22nd September 2021), pabranno (22nd September 2021)

38. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,678 times in 3,332 posts

No one is a total victim //// no one without flaws. She is pretty and vulnerable and ready to accept blame. I don't doubt this guys love for her. Even if it was a fake love, modeled by our sick society . A possessive love. No one deserves to be hit or beaten or kllled, if that is what happened, why did it happen? When one seeks to make a living off of being the perfect, loving couple by filming perfect moments .....it is destined for trouble. Why do we watch? What the hell is wrong with us? I admittedly followed the Chris Watts case. Why? So I could rationalize my own pathetic existence? So I could finally understand that "nice" isn't always nice.

When I was a kid, before the woke phase, we gave valentines in school to those we wanted to. Who got the most? Those with the fakest personality. Those we were programmed to think should get the most. Watch out for the programming. Die authentic, even if flawed and broken.

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Arcturian108 (22nd September 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (22nd September 2021), Donald Ryan (22nd September 2021), Journeyman (23rd September 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd September 2021), Mike (22nd September 2021), pabranno (22nd September 2021), Victoria (23rd September 2021), xidaijena (23rd September 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast