Thread: Drone Footage of Nessie?

1. Link to Post #21
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Default Re: Drone Footage of Nessie?

Thanks for checking it out, Mike. Your input is valuable, when it comes to this sort of thing.

The fact that it does not appear to move much is not a huge stopper for me, as I am unfamiliar with what way the water is moving, and a slow movement of water would allow it to drift and be fairly still while doing so, which might make sense if it were hearing the noisy humans on the bank and wanted to check it out.

What you point out about the refraction of the water and the lack of distortion of the waves going over is a lot more compelling.

These conversations are some of the most fun we have ob this forum, IMO. Thanks to all!

2. Link to Post #22
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: Drone Footage of Nessie?

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    Thanks for checking it out, Mike. Your input is valuable, when it comes to this sort of thing.

The fact that it does not appear to move much is not a huge stopper for me, as I am unfamiliar with what way the water is moving, and a slow movement of water would allow it to drift and be fairly still while doing so, which might make sense if it were hearing the noisy humans on the bank and wanted to check it out.

What you point out about the refraction of the water and the lack of distortion of the waves going over is a lot more compelling.

These conversations are some of the most fun we have ob this forum, IMO. Thanks to all!

There was one argument in the comments that claimed it was a fake because the object is moving opposite direction of the waves. Surface water and underneath water usually have two distinct layers. For example the lake I live at is long and narrow-ish but water only flows one way through it, regardless of which direction the wind is blowing, so that argumant is bunk and holds no "water", That has no major relevance, except a slight argument could be made that each of those 'layers' has thickness, and near a shore the water movement tends to be dictated by the surface layer. So I think your thinking is generally correct in that regard.

Re: it's movement - it is moving - toward the shore and slightly toward the right - this is clearly visible. The thing is this ... an underwater current does not really move towards shore unless there is an underwater cave right at the shore or a creek that it is draining into. Only surface layer movement (aka waves) move toward shore - so it is unlikely that an underwater current would cause it to drift toward shore.

As far as no movement of its morphology goes, what would be propelling it toward shore if not flipper or body movement, and "underwater" current isn't really a valid explanation? It seems to rise vertically first, out of the depths then moves towards the shore slightly.

And yes the lack of water disturbance and refraction are the more compelling story, that, and the uploader never denying that it has been edited and deterring the responses when asked to something else and never answering that question with a "no", and the fact that his son is in school to make videos to "help ... get them noticed in a highly competitive industry" I think adds up enough in my mind to fairly confidently conclude this is a crafted addition to try to get exposure, likes and views, which would help raise ad revenue for the charity perhaps, and also to help the YT algorithm recommend it to potential viewers.

I think I wanted to believe and that is why I never considered an edit or CGI (usually my first "go to" for a harsh evaluation on these things), but alas, I am 90+% confident this is what we are seeing here.

Crytozoology is still on of my favorite topics! I am always fascinated by the stories, anecdotes, photos and videos, whether real, misidentified, hoax, or art. Science still has a looong way to go before it can claim to know "everything".
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (28th September 2021), Nasu (29th September 2021), onawah (29th September 2021), pabranno (28th September 2021), PurpleLama (27th September 2021), syrwong (28th September 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2