+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 8 10 LastLast

Thread: Global Shortages of Everything

1. Link to Post #141
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 337 posts

Default Re: Global Shortages of Everything

The 9'9999 on the gas stations would be such a sight... xD

In spain, back when we were already hitting the 2€/L mark, we got a 0'20€/L oil tax cut by the government which lowered the prices considerably. In a way, a smart move that prevented people from seeing the 2€/L mark on the price thingies, and when they did, they didn't go crazy because knew it wasn't that bad since a discount was applied later. More of a psichological measure rather than a practical one.

This was supposed to be a temporal measure until the end of June, when they "managed to" (magically i suppose) regulate the prices, or as I say, let people get used to the horrible sight of 2€/L.

Well guess what... We're hitting the 2€/L yet again, with the tax discount still on. And the government said that maybe they'll leave the discount on for a few more months. BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER. Gasoline is 1'998€/L and the summer price peak hasn't even started.

And all that without mentioning that the price is already preposterous.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2022), Brigantia (4th June 2022), Casey Claar (4th June 2022), Ewan (4th June 2022), gini (8th June 2022), justntime2learn (4th June 2022), pyrangello (7th June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (5th June 2022), wondering (6th June 2022)

3. Link to Post #142
    United States Avalon Member Casey Claar's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,971 times in 727 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Casey Claar (here)

Ouch.
    In California a few days ago:

And in Europe, it's the same or more. American signs and pumps are now being reconfigured to feature 4 digits rather than 3. There's no indication where or when this will end: $10/gallon is inevitable, and it might climb much further than that.

Yes in some areas in California it is this high and HIGHER in the $9+ spectrum.

We are out here in what is considered the boonies, right at the edge of East San Diego County where the prices are climbing slower. ( but yikes )

Really something I could not previously have ever imagined. Normal prices are less than half this.

Upwards of $10 is downright frightening.
    "Love is what is left when you let go of everything you no longer need." —Raj

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

Alecs (4th June 2022), Antagenet (6th August 2022), Bassplayer1 (7th June 2022), Bill Ryan (4th June 2022), Brigantia (4th June 2022), Ewan (7th June 2022), gini (8th June 2022), I am B (5th June 2022), Inversion (6th June 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (4th June 2022), justntime2learn (4th June 2022), Sadieblue (8th June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (7th June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (5th June 2022), wondering (6th June 2022)

5. Link to Post #143
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,188 times in 4,071 posts

I just heard about this, - what happened in Sri Lanka. I knew it was hot, but I didn't twig how hot. Sri Lanka got so sick of everything they burned down politician's houses.

Why Mobs Are Torching Sri Lanka Politicians’ Homes
    A combination of Covid, energy price hikes and government-mandated organic farming brought a popular tourist spot to the brink of chaos.
    May 12, 2022
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-mob...is-11652389728

Sri Lanka is back in the news—for all the wrong reasons. On Monday besieged Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa resigned after weeks of protests, amid a cratering economy and violent clashes between government supporters and antigovernment protesters in the capital, Colombo.

At least eight people have died in the violence, and some 200 were injured. Rampaging mobs torched more than 50 houses, including the ancestral home of the Rajapaksa clan, a family that has dominated Sri Lankan politics for nearly two decades. Rioters have set up roadblocks on the way to the airport to prevent politicians from fleeing the country.

And reported by CNN:
    Sri Lanka protesters burn politicians' homes as country plunges further into chaos
    By Iqbal Athas and Rhea Mogul, CNN
    Updated 1050 GMT (1850 HKT) May 11, 2022

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/10/a...hnk/index.html

Colombo, Sri Lanka (CNN)Protesters in Sri Lanka have burned down homes belonging to 38 politicians as the crisis-hit country plunged further into chaos, with the government ordering troops to "shoot on sight."

Police in the island nation said Tuesday that in addition to the destroyed homes, 75 others have been damaged as angry Sri Lankans continue to defy a nationwide curfew to protest against what they say is the government's mishandling of the country's worst economic crisis since 1948.
    The Ministry of Defense on Tuesday ordered troops to shoot anyone found damaging state property or assaulting officials, after violence left at least nine people dead since Monday; it is unclear if all of the deaths were directly related to the protests. More than 200 people have been injured.

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Antagenet (6th August 2022), avid (6th June 2022), Bassplayer1 (7th June 2022), Bill Ryan (6th June 2022), Brigantia (6th June 2022), Ewan (7th June 2022), gini (8th June 2022), Gwin Ru (6th June 2022), happyuk (6th June 2022), Harmony (7th June 2022), Inversion (6th June 2022), jaybee (6th June 2022), justntime2learn (6th June 2022), pyrangello (7th June 2022), Sadieblue (8th June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (7th June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (7th June 2022), wondering (13th June 2022)

7. Link to Post #144
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Matthew (here)
    I just heard about this, - what happened in Sri Lanka. I knew it was hot, but I didn't twig how hot. Sri Lanka got so sick of everything they burned down politician's houses.
    Yes, and this is ongoing. Those excellent reports you posted were dated over 3 weeks ago. Here's a 4 June update from Time:
    I'll not copy the article here, but it's interesting and pertinent, and the title is What the Crisis in Sri Lanka Means for the World. It states exactly what I was about to post in reply anyway: that this is a harbinger, an early warning of things to come elsewhere.

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (6th June 2022), Bassplayer1 (7th June 2022), Brigantia (6th June 2022), Ewan (7th June 2022), Franny (6th June 2022), gini (8th June 2022), Gwin Ru (6th June 2022), Harmony (7th June 2022), Inversion (6th June 2022), jaybee (6th June 2022), justntime2learn (6th June 2022), Matthew (6th June 2022), pyrangello (7th June 2022), Sadieblue (8th June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (7th June 2022), Yoda (6th June 2022)

9. Link to Post #145
    Thanks

Here's the [excellent, official] translation of Vladimir Putin's explanation for how come everything is going so very badly wrong in the US and Europe re food and energy shortages.

This was an interview he did with Rossiya TV a few days ago, with no teleprompter or prepared script. Whatever one might think of the man and his motives, he's well-informed, articulate, knowledgeable and intelligent, and (in my opinion) he is exactly correct in everything he explains. I'm sure he was well-prepared for the questions, of course, but that's his job to be.

(And a side note, I think obvious to all: it would be utterly impossible to imagine Biden talking about any of this in such a lengthy, precise, detailed and reasoned way.)
    Because some may not be able to access the Kremlin's website , I'll copy it all here for the record. It's well worth reading.

Pavel Zarubin: Mr President, we have just followed your meeting with the head of Senegal who is also the current leader of the African Union. He expressed, and actually in the past week many countries have expressed concern not so much about the food crisis, but they are afraid of large-scale famine because world food prices are climbing and so are oil and gas prices, These issues are interrelated.

Naturally, the West blames Russia for this, too. What is the real situation at this point, how is it developing? And what do you think will happen in the food and energy markets?

Vladimir Putin: Yes, indeed, we are seeing attempts to place the responsibility on Russia for developments in the global food market and the growing problems there. I must say that this is another attempt to pin the blame on someone else. But why?

First, the situation with the global food market did not become worse yesterday or even with the launch of Russia’s special military operation in Donbass, in Ukraine.

The situation took a downturn in February 2020 during the efforts to counter the coronavirus pandemic when the global economy was down and had to be revived.

The financial and economic authorities in the United States, of all things, found nothing better than to allocate large amounts of money to support the population and certain businesses and economic sectors.

We generally did almost the same thing, but I assure you that we were much more accurate, and the results are obvious: we did this selectively and got the desired results without affecting macroeconomic indicators, including excessive inflation growth.

The situation was quite different in the United States. The money supply in the United States grew by 5.9 trillion in less than two years, from February 2020 to the end of 2021 – unprecedented productivity of the money printing machines. The total cash supply grew by 38.6 percent.

Apparently, the US financial authorities believed the dollar was a global currency, and it would spread, as usual, as it did in previous years, would dissolve in the global economy, and the United States would not even feel it. But that did not happen, not this time. As a matter of fact, decent people – and there are such people in the United States – the Secretary of the Treasury recently said they had made a mistake. So, it was a mistake made by the US financial and economic authorities – it has nothing to do with Russia's actions in Ukraine, it is totally unrelated.

And that was the first step – and a big one – towards the current unfavourable food market situation, because, in the first place, food prices immediately went up, they grew. This is the first reason.

The second reason was European countries’ short-sighted policies, and above all, the European Commission’s policy in regard to energy. We see what is going on there. Personally, I believe that many political players in the United States and Europe have been taking advantage of people’s natural concerns about the climate, climate change, and they began to promote this green agenda, including in the energy sector.

It all seems fine, except for the unqualified and groundless recommendations about what needs to be done in the energy sector. The capabilities of alternative types of energy are overestimated: solar, wind, any other types, hydrogen power – those are good prospects for the future, probably, but today, they cannot be produced in the required amount, with the required quality and at acceptable prices. And at the same time, they began to belittle the importance of conventional types of energy, including, and above all, hydrocarbons.

What was the result of this? Banks stopped issuing loans because they were under pressure. Insurance companies stopped insuring deals. Local authorities stopped allocating plots of land for expanding production and reduced the construction of special transport, including pipelines.

All this led to a shortage of investment in the world energy sector and price hikes as a result. The wind was not as strong as expected during the past year, winter dragged on, and prices instantly soared.

On top of all that, the Europeans did not listen to our persistent requests to preserve long-term contracts for the delivery of natural gas to European countries. They started to wind them down. Many are still valid, but they started winding them down. This had a negative effect on the European energy market: the prices went up. Russia has absolutely nothing to do with this.

But as soon as gas prices started going up, fertiliser prices followed suit because gas is used to produce some of these fertilisers. Everything is interconnected. As soon as fertiliser prices started growing, many businesses, including those in European countries, became unprofitable and started shutting down altogether. The amount of fertiliser in the world market took a dive, and prices soared dramatically, much to the surprise of many European politicians.

However, we warned them about this, and this is not linked to Russia’s military operation in Donbass in any way. This has nothing to do with it.

But when we launched our operation, our so-called European and American partners started taking steps that aggravated the situation in both the food sector and fertiliser production.

By the way, Russia accounts for 25 percent of the world fertiliser market. As for potash fertilisers, Alexander Lukashenko told me this – but we should double-check it, of course, although I think it is true – when it comes to potash fertilisers, Russia and Belarus account for 45 percent of the world market. This is a tremendous amount.

The crop yield depends on the quantity of fertiliser put into the soil. As soon as it became clear that our fertilisers would not be in the world market, prices instantly soared on both fertilisers and food products because if there are no fertilisers, it is impossible to produce the required amount of agricultural products.

One thing leads to another, and Russia has nothing to do with it. Our partners made a host of mistakes themselves, and now they are looking for someone to blame. Of course, Russia is the most suitable candidate in this respect.

Pavel Zarubin: Incidentally, it has just been reported that the wife of the head of our largest fertiliser companies has been included in the new European package of sanctions.

What will all this lead to in your opinion?

Vladimir Putin: This will make a bad situation worse.

The British and later the Americans – Anglo-Saxons – imposed sanctions on our fertilisers. Then, having realised what was happening, the Americans lifted their sanctions, but the Europeans did not. They are telling me themselves during contacts: yes, we must think about it, we must do something about it, but today they have just aggravated this situation.

This will make the situation in the world fertiliser market worse, and hence the crop prospects will be much more modest, and prices will keep going up – that is it. This is an absolutely myopic, erroneous, I would say, simply stupid policy that leads to a deadlock.

Pavel Zarubin: But Russia is accused by high-ranking officials of preventing the grain that is actually there, in Ukrainian ports, from leaving.

Vladimir Putin: They are bluffing, and I will explain why.

First, there are some objective things, and I will mention them now. The world produces about 800 million tonnes of grain, wheat per year. Now we are being told that Ukraine is ready to export 20 million tonnes. So, 20 million tonnes out of 800 million tonnes amounts to 2.5 percent. But if we proceed from the fact that wheat accounts for merely 20 percent of all food products in the world – and this is the case, this is not our data, it comes from the UN – this means that these 20 million tonnes of Ukrainian wheat are just 0.5 percent, practically nothing. This is the first point.

The second. 20 million tonnes of Ukrainian wheat are potential exports. Today, the US official bodies also say that Ukraine could export six million tonnes of wheat. According to our Ministry of Agriculture, the figure is not six but about five million tonnes, but okay, let us assume it is six, plus it could export seven million tonnes of maize – this is the figure of our Ministry of Agriculture. We realise that this is not much.

In the current agricultural year of 2021–2022, we will export 37 million and, I believe, we will raise these exports to 50 million tonnes in 2022–2023. But this is apropos, by the way.

As for shipping out Ukrainian grain, we are not preventing this. There are several ways to export grain.

The first one. You can ship it out via the Ukraine-controlled ports, primarily in the Black Sea – Odessa and nearby ports. We did not mine the approaches to the port – Ukraine did this.

I have already said to all our colleagues many times – let them demine the ports and let the vessels loaded with grain leave. We will guarantee their peaceful passage to international waters without any problems. There are no problems at all. Go ahead.

They must clear the mines and raise the ships they sunk on purpose in the Black Sea to make it difficult to enter the ports to the south of Ukraine. We are ready to do this; we will not use the demining process to initiate an attack from the sea. I have already said this. This is the first point.

The second. There is another opportunity: the ports in the Sea of Azov – Berdyansk and Mariupol – are under our control, and we are ready to ensure a problem-free exit from these ports, including for exported Ukrainian grain. Go ahead, please.

We are already working on the demining process. We are completing this work – at one time, Ukrainian troops laid three layers of mines. This process is coming to an end. We will create the necessary logistics. This is not a problem; we will do this. This is the second point.

The third. It is possible to move grain from Ukraine via the Danube and through Romania.

Fourth. It is also possible through Hungary.

And fifth, it is also possible to do this via Poland. Yes, there are some technical problems because the tracks are of different gauges and the wheel bogies must be changed. But this only takes a few hours, that is all.

Finally, the easiest way is to transport grain via Belarus. This is the easiest and the cheapest way because from there it can be instantly shipped to the Baltic ports and further on to any place in the world.

But they would have to lift the sanctions from Belarus. This is not our problem though. At any rate, President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko puts it like this: if someone wants to resolve the problem of exporting Ukrainian grain, if this problem exists at all, please use the simplest way – through Belarus. No one will stop you.

So, the problem of shipping grain out of Ukraine does not really exist.

Pavel Zarubin: How would the logistics work to ship it from the ports under our control? What would the conditions be?

Vladimir Putin: No conditions.

They are welcome. We will provide peaceful passage, guarantee safe approaches to these ports, and ensure the safe entry of foreign ships and passage through the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea in any direction.

By the way, several ships are stuck in Ukrainian ports at this point. These are foreign ships, dozens of them. They are simply locked up and their crews are still being held hostage.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th June 2022 at 18:49.

10. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (7th June 2022), Antagenet (6th August 2022), avid (6th June 2022), Bassplayer1 (7th June 2022), Brigantia (6th June 2022), Catseye (6th June 2022), Ewan (7th June 2022), fifi (7th June 2022), Franny (6th June 2022), gini (15th June 2022), Gwin Ru (6th June 2022), happyuk (6th June 2022), Harmony (7th June 2022), JackMcThorn (6th June 2022), Jambo (6th June 2022), justntime2learn (6th June 2022), lisalu (7th June 2022), Mari (6th June 2022), Matthew (6th June 2022), Metaphor (6th June 2022), pyrangello (7th June 2022), Sadieblue (8th June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (7th June 2022), Sunny (7th June 2022), syrwong (7th June 2022), Tintin (7th June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (7th June 2022), Yoda (6th June 2022)

11. Link to Post #146
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

Dr. Joseph Farrell says he thinks the shortages, energy crisis, etc are being caused deliberately by the NWO, all tied in with the Continuity of Government issue and phony ET Disclosure, because they want to have enough global crises to declare COG (or martial law).
    He thinks the so-called "Alien Threat" is their last card, after the failure of the climate change crisis, the COVID crisis, etc, but it's a tricky one.
    And that they may stage a fake alien invastion (which Werner Von Braun warned us about), but the problem is "the real thing might show up!"
    ...And more in the latest talk with Dark Journalist, starting at about 20 minutes in here:

(Was it ever proven the some ETs warned the world governments that if they didn't 'fess up about ET presence, they would step in and do it for us?
    Or was that just wishful New Age thinking?)
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Antagenet (6th August 2022), avid (7th June 2022), Bassplayer1 (7th June 2022), Bill Ryan (6th June 2022), Brigantia (7th June 2022), Chip (7th June 2022), Ewan (7th June 2022), fifi (7th June 2022), Franny (6th June 2022), Harmony (7th June 2022), Hym (6th June 2022), justntime2learn (7th June 2022), lisalu (7th June 2022), pyrangello (6th June 2022), Sadieblue (8th June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (7th June 2022)

13. Link to Post #147
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

Food shortages now are definitely appearing to be caused intentionally by the CCP. See:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1501627
    Each breath a gift...

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (7th June 2022), Bassplayer1 (7th June 2022), Bill Ryan (7th June 2022), Brigantia (7th June 2022), Ewan (7th June 2022), fifi (8th June 2022), Harmony (7th June 2022), justntime2learn (7th June 2022), lisalu (7th June 2022), pyrangello (7th June 2022), Ravenlocke (13th June 2022), Sadieblue (8th June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (7th June 2022)

15. Link to Post #148
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,607 times in 5,415 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Pavel Zarubin: How would the logistics work to ship it from the ports under our control? What would the conditions be?

Vladimir Putin: No conditions.

They are welcome. We will provide peaceful passage, guarantee safe approaches to these ports, and ensure the safe entry of foreign ships and passage through the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea in any direction.

By the way, several ships are stuck in Ukrainian ports at this point. These are foreign ships, dozens of them. They are simply locked up and their crews are still being held hostage.
    For sure, and reinforces the information shared with Patrick Lancaster by the Turkish captain in this video, here, which has already been shared on the WW3 thread I think by John Kuhles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyVS...trickLancaster
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

avid (7th June 2022), Bassplayer1 (14th June 2022), Bill Ryan (7th June 2022), Brigantia (7th June 2022), Ewan (7th June 2022), gini (15th June 2022), Harmony (7th June 2022), justntime2learn (7th June 2022), onawah (7th June 2022), Sadieblue (8th June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (7th June 2022)

17. Link to Post #149
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,977 times in 1,342 posts

This is a good video from Andrew Lawrence, less comedic than usual and laying out the state of affairs in Britain. Less than 3 minutes.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (14th June 2022), Bill Ryan (13th June 2022), Ewan (13th June 2022), Harmony (13th June 2022), justntime2learn (13th June 2022), Miller (13th June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (16th June 2022)

19. Link to Post #150
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Slightly more protectionism

Disclose.tv
    @disclosetv
    JUST IN - Ukraine bans the export of coal, fuel oil, and domestically produced natural gas.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (14th June 2022), Bill Ryan (13th June 2022), Brigantia (13th June 2022), Ewan (13th June 2022), Harmony (14th June 2022), justntime2learn (13th June 2022)

21. Link to Post #151
    United States Avalon Member Simon Sparx's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This is just in the USA.

Here is the Updated List of US-Based Food Manufacturing Plants Destroyed Under Biden Administration

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...dministration/
    "We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive." ~ Albert Einstein

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Simon Sparx For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (14th June 2022), Bill Ryan (14th June 2022), Brigantia (14th June 2022), Ewan (14th June 2022), Harmony (14th June 2022), I am B (18th June 2022), justntime2learn (14th June 2022), Matthew (14th June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (16th June 2022)

23. Link to Post #152
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The farce plays out taking well-meaning, good people by surprise.

I can't get bottles derp, I can't get cans derp lolwut.

This does not play out well but I am hoping for new resilience and entrepreneurial spirit when push comes to shove, since default human behaviour of good faith is bias towards wanting to supply. I'm looking from afar thinking we've seen this sort of thing emerge in Cuba, although I wasn't there and I'm the height of naivety on the subject. As shortages play out the surprise aspect is the nasty part, I see this pulling people out of cerebral level thinking (is it scarce or is it rare? Do you panic or do you plan?). Aside from that, I hope for useful things to emerge from the bad situation that I assume will happen as these surprises happen more and more. Good God I hope I'm over-egging my concerns

Dagny Taggart
    @DagnyTaggart369
    🇧🇪 Belgian brewers are running out of bottles.

Previously, containers were supplied from Russia. It is too expensive to produce glass in Europe.

The offer to replace the bottles with aluminum cans was quickly rejected – it turned out that aluminum also came from Russia.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), Brigantia (14th June 2022), Ewan (14th June 2022), gini (15th June 2022), Harmony (14th June 2022), justntime2learn (14th June 2022)

25. Link to Post #153
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It's an old trick that food producers do, to reduce the size of the product but keep the price the same. But it feels like this is happening faster at the moment.

ŁVICTORŁ
    @01_VicThor_01
    Replying to
    @BernieSpofforth
    I bought a yoghurt pack which usually cost Ł2. at Ł2,70

I thought: ok it's inflation.

The problem I realized at home, the yogurt was only half full.

I felt like I've paid for nothing.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), Brigantia (15th June 2022), Ewan (16th June 2022), gini (23rd June 2022), Harmony (16th June 2022), I am B (18th June 2022), Inversion (15th June 2022), justntime2learn (15th June 2022)

27. Link to Post #154
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It's an old trick that food producers do, to reduce the size of the product but keep the price the same. But it feels like this is happening faster at the moment.
    The apples I buy each week are decreasing in size every week. Also, the quality of fresh food is getting worse, the supermarkets are buying the dregs and charging the same price.

That's why I've extended my food patch in the garden this year; the apple tree is looking good as well.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Antagenet (6th August 2022), Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), EarthGirl (15th June 2022), Ewan (16th June 2022), Harmony (16th June 2022), Inversion (15th June 2022), justntime2learn (15th June 2022), Matthew (15th June 2022)

29. Link to Post #155
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,168 times in 218 posts

If you would like to ask any questions with regards growing veg or fruits, or want any help feel free to ask as a fellow UK inhabitant we don't enjoy the growing conditions of other countries, alas our season is quite short... Apologies this isn't meant to come across as some kind of "I know it all" quite the opposite, different ideas work for different folk but when we all accumulate to our position on the earth and communicate great things happen

Quote Posted by Brigantia (here)
    The apples I buy each week are decreasing in size every week. Also, the quality of fresh food is getting worse, the supermarkets are buying the dregs and charging the same price.

That's why I've extended my food patch in the garden this year; the apple tree is looking good as well.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to EarthGirl For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), Brigantia (15th June 2022), Ewan (16th June 2022), gini (23rd June 2022), Harmony (16th June 2022), justntime2learn (15th June 2022), Matthew (15th June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (16th June 2022)

31. Link to Post #156
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EarthGirl (here)
    If you would like to ask any questions with regards growing veg or fruits, or want any help feel free to ask as a fellow UK inhabitant we don't enjoy the growing conditions of other countries, alas our season is quite short... Apologies this isn't meant to come across as some kind of "I know it all" quite the opposite, different ideas work for different folk but when we all accumulate to our position on the earth and communicate great things happen
    That's kind of you - I'm not sure if it was to me specifically or to all? If to me, I've been growing food for a few years, nothing too complicated such as soft fruit, onions and tomatoes, but have really pushed the boat out this year in addition to finding some great YT channels for know-how. Next door neighbour is a garden centre manager so he's very useful for advice - and I get the benefit of his 20% discount for anything I need!

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2022), Ewan (16th June 2022), Harmony (16th June 2022), justntime2learn (15th June 2022), meat suit (15th June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (16th June 2022)

33. Link to Post #157
    Language
    English
    Thanks

So how will this be framed? Climate change is causing food shortages? Really hard to put this in context; is it more common than I would know (being an English suburbanite)? I don't expect so, but right now I'm looking at this assuming a lot of bad things. Any cowboys or cowgirls able to give a gut feel on this?

The video is a pan of lots of dead cows

James Melville
    @JamesMelville
    Thousands of cattle suddenly died last weekend in Kansas. The reason given - high temperatures.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th June 2022), Brigantia (16th June 2022), Ewan (17th June 2022), Gwin Ru (16th June 2022), Harmony (16th June 2022), justntime2learn (16th June 2022)

35. Link to Post #158
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,456 times in 4,332 posts

... 10,000 cattle dead:

From Jim Stone:
    THOUSANDS of dead cattle in Nebraska

No one knows why, but this is something you don't see every day.

UPDATE: THE ANSWER IS IN: SOMEONE SNUCK ONTO THE RANCH AND POISONED THE WATER THE CATTLE DRANK. THIS IS A DIRECT ATTACK ON AMERICA'S FOOD SUPPLY. OVER 10,000 HEAD OF CATTLE KILLED.

Now who, what group, has a history of poisoning it's opposition? Don't pretend to guess.

UPDATE TO ABOVE: This may sound crazy and I don't normally link stuff like this, but a psychic nailed the cattle poisonings that just happened, and she did it on June 1.

There is ZERO "fruitcake" in this psychic, I would not have put this here if it was not shocking, she nailed this mass cattle die off, the lack of water and then poisoned water and that people did it, how the people who watched the cattle were Mexicans, how saboteurs arrived, and EVERY DETAIL RELATED TO IT. Now that it has been revealed that the cattle did indeed die from poisoned water and not heat or disease this really takes the cake.

Her segment of the video is long. At 37 minutes (her segment starts at 30 minutes) She nails the fact that the feedlot animals were not messed with, but the free range animals got their water supply poisoned when the dry stream they drank from suddenly got water, and the water was poisoned which killed them all. She ties it all together at 43 minutes.

Clearly, someone released water from a dam which the cattle drank, and they poisoned the water when they released it to cause a mass cattle die off. That's exactly what just happened today.

I never saw anything like this that hit so many details perfect. At first it looks like nonsense but if you watch it a second time, you'll be captivated by the detail and how it ended up being true.

CONCLUSION: The elite who ran the large feedlots poisoned the water supply to the smaller farmers to kill all their cattle, so the elite could more completely take over agriculture. She saw EVERY BIT OF IT.

Farsight Human News Forecast: June 2022 46:38

ATLANTA
    Jun 1, 2022

Farsight

Farsight's Web Site: http://farsight.org

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th June 2022), Brigantia (16th June 2022), Ewan (17th June 2022), fifi (16th June 2022), gini (23rd June 2022), Harmony (17th June 2022), justntime2learn (16th June 2022), Matthew (16th June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (16th June 2022), Sunny (16th June 2022)

37. Link to Post #159
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here's a small collection of comments from US cattle farmers on twitter. I was looking for opinions from cattle farmers, and I thought this thread was a thoughtful discussion. It's all in the comments on that thread, here's a selection

Isabella Maria DeLuca, @IsabellaMDeLuca

I’m having a hard time believing that heat killed thousands of cattle.

Anyone else?
    Beyond the Narrative 🇺🇲
    @Kurt1775
    Replying to
    @IsabellaMDeLuca
    I kind of believe it. In southern states they have overhead sprinklers to help keep cattle cool during hot/humid weather & I didn't see any sign of sprinklers in videos. But, seems hard to believe farmers weren't aware of heat dangers.
    2:03 pm · 16 Jun 2022·Twitter Web A

And some other guy called Robby Starbuck

Here's that tweet's text and a bit more:
    Quote Posted by Robby Starbuck
    They did not die of extreme heat. I talked to multiple ranchers since I saw this video (one from Kansas) and they all say this needs to be investigated ASAP to get to the bottom of this because there’s no way heat caused 10,000+ cattle to drop dead. This is not normal.

The Kansas rancher said it was hot but not temps they’ve never seen before. They said it could be as simple as a lack of water access or something else but that the heat alone doesn’t explain it. Many possibilities but all of them agreed it wasn’t the heat.

The rancher also said they aren’t sure it was 10,000 cows that died, they’re hearing 3,000+ but said it’s still just as bizarre. At any rate (I’ve seen many estimates), thousands of cows died and ranchers say heat makes no sense as their cattle experience the same with 0 deaths.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Alecs (22nd June 2022), Bill Ryan (16th June 2022), Brigantia (17th June 2022), Ewan (17th June 2022), fifi (17th June 2022), gini (23rd June 2022), Gwin Ru (17th June 2022), Harmony (17th June 2022), I am B (18th June 2022), justntime2learn (17th June 2022)

39. Link to Post #160
    Thanks

An apparently urgent heads up for those reading this who have diesel cars or trucks, or who own and operate diesel equipment. (Don't forget your diesel generator, either.)

There's almost no diesel oil left, and pretty soon there will be none anywhere for the next year.

Here's a short (2 minute) video:

https://brighteon.com/4938fb56-a9e2-...8-c43945a3b070
    Source: https://www.brighteon.com/embed/4938fb56-a9e2-4dda-8fe8-c43945a3b070

40. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (23rd June 2022), Alecs (22nd June 2022), avid (23rd June 2022), BMJ (23rd June 2022), Ewan (23rd June 2022), Gwin Ru (23rd June 2022), Harmony (23rd June 2022), Jambo (23rd June 2022), justntime2learn (22nd June 2022), leavesoftrees (23rd June 2022), Peace in Oz (23rd June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (23rd June 2022), Yoda (23rd June 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 8 10 LastLast