+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5

Thread: Breaking it gently: how do I inform the uninformed about what is really happening?

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Default Re: Breaking it gently: how do I inform the uninformed about what is really happening?

Vangelo/ The video you posted its a wonderful statement regarding this. However, this concept of "think for your self" as simple as it sounds is not so simple and I have been giving this much thought. At first it sounds like some sort of cure all, but what is it really?

from the simple; your car stops running, and you know nothing about cars ? to the more impactful; laws are being decided about something you have no idea about?

when we say think for yourself, many dont have any idea what to think or how to evaluate anything. so they figure, go by the common consensus , and thats why they trust the mainstream media.

you can only truly think for yourself on a given topic if you have broken free of bias and educated yourself as best possible on that topic.
    just my thoughts

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Arcturian108 (1st April 2023), Bill Ryan (2nd April 2023), Bruce G Charlton (1st April 2023), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Harmony (1st April 2023), Heart to heart (1st April 2023), Vangelo (2nd April 2023)

3. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,564 times in 567 posts

Default Re: Breaking it gently: how do I inform the uninformed about what is really happening?

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    Vangelo/ The video you posted its a wonderful statement regarding this. However, this concept of "think for your self" as simple as it sounds is not so simple ...you can only truly think for yourself on a given topic if you have broken free of bias and educated yourself as best possible on that topic.
    just my thoughts
    I agree completely with you Doug, it is not simple at all.

Here is another way to describe what you have already said above... Thinking for yourself requires skillful critical thinking and it requires you to trust yourself and your conclusions especially when they conflict with the 'mainstream'.

Trusting yourself is also very difficult and frightening because most people don't have the prerequisite self-confidence and they haven't sufficiently educated themselves (as you also pointed out above).

The video describes this phenomenon as the "Consensus State" or "Herd Mentality". In another thread you started "How can two people with the same values , goals and desires, see things so differently?". I posted this:
    Quote Posted by Vangelo (here)
    I think the vast majority of people don't fully understand why they believe what they believe.  Most people simply adopt a belief for some reason unknown to them (usually because it is easy and feeds their ego) and declare it as so.  They then merge it with their other beliefs and build their world view without ever understanding the interplay between the beliefs, what their impact is, the principles that are the basis for each belief, and the responsibilities they have implicitly adopted with that set of beliefs.  
    I wish I had made the connection between the concept of the "Consensus State" and the reasons why people adopt the beliefs of others without thought or understanding. I understand why people do it and I am sure there are times when I do it as well. But I also know that it is in my nature to always question the status quo.

Thank you for posing these questions, they got me a thinking
    Last edited by Vangelo; 2nd April 2023 at 02:21.
    Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd April 2023), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Harmony (2nd April 2023), thepainterdoug (2nd April 2023)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks

Cross posting this... Well worth the 23 minutes...
    Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    • Former KGB Agent Predicted (almost) EVERYTHING (1984 Interview Analyses):

During lockdown, we had 'Apart is Together' as a slogan - it reminded me of Orwell's 'Freedom is Slavery, War is Peace, Ignorance is Strength'.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th May 2023), ExomatrixTV (29th May 2023), Harmony (30th May 2023), jaybee (29th May 2023), Miller (29th May 2023)

7. Link to Post #84
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,749 times in 20,828 posts

Quote Posted by Vangelo (here)
    Cross posting this... Well worth the 23 minutes...
    Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    • Former KGB Agent Predicted (almost) EVERYTHING (1984 Interview Analyses):

During lockdown, we had 'Apart is Together' as a slogan - it reminded me of Orwell's 'Freedom is Slavery, War is Peace, Ignorance is Strength'.

thnx
    • The Best 30-Minute Explanation of Marxism I Have Ever Heard:

Dr. James Lindsay on Marxism

"Woke, a Culture War Against Europe"
    this conference was organized by the "Identity and Democracy Foundation"
    id-foundation.eu and MEP Tom Vandendriessche
    at the European Parliament on the 30th of March 2023
    • Contents:
    00:00 The Definition of Equity - Woke is Maoism with western characteristics.
    02:10 Marxism is a genus of ideological thought, with many different species in this genus bound together by intersectionality, but the logic is Marxist.
    04:35 Society produces man = inversion of praxis.
    08:00 Take out class, put in race: CRT falls out of the hat.
    11:00 How's Queer Theory Marxist ?
    14:03 Cultural Marxism appears (or Western Marxism).
    16:25 Herbert Marcuse said the working class is no longer base of the revolution, abandons tje working class and focuses on race, sexuality and culture.
    19:00 They see themselves as nations, evolved to attack the west.
    21:03 'Being white is bad, being white is oppressive'.
    22:02 The European Cultural Revolution to destroy western civilization from within
    24:00 Woke is Marxism evolved to attack the West, Europe is at great risk
    26:20 The Goal is to make us global citizens: 17 sustainable goals (SDG) of UN = slavery
    28:00 I have come to name the enemy.

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th May 2023), Harmony (30th May 2023), jaybee (29th May 2023), Miller (29th May 2023), palehorse (29th May 2023), Vangelo (29th May 2023)

9. Link to Post #85
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

How do I inform the uninformed about what is really happening?

You can, anyone can, but the crucial point is not about inform, you see that anyone who want changes in their life will do whatever it takes in order to change it. period. It is not about informing them, it is a genuine essential flame inside of us that keep us going forward and asking the right questions every time, anything else is BS (belief systems).

I had been talking with lots of jabbed people, some of them are 4x already (probably waiting for the next one), very few regret taking it.
    I came across people saying they were very proud about their government, about the speed up of manufacturing vaccines in their countries.. and all the blablabla

If I go a bit out of the line with them, it is automatic their brain shifts into defense mode and they start parroting the official narrative, word by word.. they won't even listen what you have to say.. unless punch them in the nose haha

I am sorry, this sort of thing is energy down the drain, I decided many months ago to not engage with the zombies anymore, will keep that way.

Just for the records here, I do appreciate those ones that got the strength to do that, and are trying to inform people, I really do, but I had seen so much of cultism out there, I don't go along with that.

knowledge in order to be genuine, it can't be bonded to any interest in return, not there for the followers, for the donations, for the fame, and so on..

A simple example: teaching a kid to catch a fish, but all the fishes that kid will eventually catch are MINE!!!

one last thing, just standing on your ground and been yourself is enough to others to notice, those ones interested in talk they will come along, no need to inform as I said, let it happen it is genuine response, those who wants to change, they will.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th May 2023), Harmony (30th May 2023), jaybee (29th May 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (29th May 2023), Mari (30th May 2023), Miller (29th May 2023), Seeclearly (29th May 2023), Sue (Ayt) (29th May 2023), Vangelo (30th May 2023)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,976 times in 2,208 posts

re the subject matter of posts 83 and 84 above - woke~ism aka cultural marxism and communism -

I just had a light bulb moment on where the core of it's power lies - everyone metaphorically signing up to it, gets to enjoy the primitive power of tyranny and the trade off is you lose your freedom but get to become a mini tyrant (at whatever level / area you are operating in...)

This is why the ruthlessness of communism (and it's bed fellow fascism) is the biggest killer in history - it's tyranny running amok - at all levels - a bully's paradise dressed up as equity and equality and saving the world - now expressed in the West as 'woke~ism -

The opposite of libertarianism ...

That's why the 'woke' are so ruthless and 'in your face' - they are releasing their inner tyrant and getting a piece of the Tyranny Pie - and those who are orchestrating the whole thing - the biggest tyrants of the lot.... know exactly what they're doing ....

Just thinking aloud - trying to understand what's happening....

carry on

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th May 2023), Harmony (30th May 2023), Mari (30th May 2023), Miller (29th May 2023), Sue (Ayt) (30th May 2023), Vangelo (30th May 2023)

13. Link to Post #87
    Thanks

Great insight jabee...

Quote Posted by jaybee (here)

re the subject matter of posts 83 and 84 above - woke~ism aka cultural marxism and communism -

I just had a light bulb moment on where the core of it's power lies - everyone metaphorically signing up to it, gets to enjoy the primitive power of tyranny and the trade off is you lose your freedom but get to become a mini tyrant (at whatever level / area you are operating in...)

This is why the ruthlessness of communism (and it's bed fellow fascism) is the biggest killer in history - it's tyranny running amok - at all levels - a bully's paradise dressed up as equity and equality and saving the world - now expressed in the West as 'woke~ism -

The opposite of libertarianism ...

That's why the 'woke' are so ruthless and 'in your face' - they are releasing their inner tyrant and getting a piece of the Tyranny Pie - and those who are orchestrating the whole thing - the biggest tyrants of the lot.... know exactly what they're doing ....

Just thinking aloud - trying to understand what's happening....

carry on

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

Harmony (30th May 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5