Thread: Back to Builders of the Ancient World Docu

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,293 times in 1,173 posts

Default Back to Builders of the Ancient World Docu

I found this docu released couple days ago called BAM. I've added the full docu and a teaser trailer. Looked around on the forum to see if there already was put fwd a link, couldn't find any so.

Quote BACK TO BAM looks back at the main themes of the film BUILDERS OF THE ANCIENT MYSTERIES, an investigation on the past of ancient civilization, which visits the greatest archaeological sites of our planet, and challenges by its daring hypothesis.
    Teaser:

Full Docu:

Njoy Ya'll.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Anna70 (1st October 2021), Bill Ryan (4th March 2022), Bluegreen (3rd March 2022), Ewan (3rd March 2022), haroldsails (4th March 2022), Icare (8th September 2023), Inversion (13th July 2022), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2022), leavesoftrees (2nd October 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd April 2022), Michel Leclerc (15th August 2022), onawah (3rd March 2022), Rawhide68 (5th January 2023), Richard S. (9th May 2022), Spiral (3rd March 2022), Sunny-side-up (14th August 2022), toppy (1st October 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

Default Re: Back to Builders of the Ancient World Docu

Don't let the title fool anyone, some interesting info though.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th March 2022), Ewan (3rd March 2022), haroldsails (4th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2022), onawah (3rd March 2022), Spiral (3rd March 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,844 times in 2,378 posts

Dude, that full documentary in the OP is excellent. It succinctly describes why we need to ignore history in order to do open-minded research. It is so obvious and yet all the 'experts' will never see it as it would invalidate their 5, 6, 7 or more years of study.

I've said it before on here that the views of 'experts' are the ones you should consider with the highest degree of skepticism because they are talking from a pre-defined mindset. Everything they look for is to confirm what they already hold to be true and, with some bizzare sleight of thought manage to skew the evidence to fit that overview.

We are all born with open minds, wide open. The more one learns tends to act as filters to everything else still to discover. It is a major flaw!

Somehow I was blessed with a continually open mind. I suspect many of the PA members are similar. Not to say I cannot fall prey to preconceptions, but on the whole I just question everything and try to think for myself. Were I to be on a tour of one of these ancient sites with a guide telling me this and that I would most likely be bewildered. 'That is not what I see', or perhaps 'That doesn't make any sense'.

It reminds me of a book by Doris Lessing called The Sentimental Agents in the Volyen Empire.

Quote (Documents Relating to) The Sentimental Agents in the Volyen Empire is a 1983 science fiction novel by Doris Lessing. It is the fifth book in her five-book Canopus in Argos series and comprises a set of documents that describe the final days of the Volyen Empire, located at the edge of our galaxy and under the influence of three other galactic empires, the benevolent Canopus, the tyrannical Sirius, and the malicious Shammat of Puttiora. It was first published in the United States in March 1983 by Alfred A. Knopf, and in the United Kingdom in May 1983 by Jonathan Cape.

The Sentimental Agents in the Volyen Empire is a social satire written in the tradition of Jonathan Swift and George Orwell, and focuses on the debasement of language in political rhetoric. In Lessing's fictional universe it is propaganda that keeps the fragile empires afloat, and when language becomes too distorted, some of her characters succumb to a condition called "undulant rhetoric" and are placed in a Hospital for Rhetorical Diseases.
    She is an author I've praised a few times over the years here on Avalon and the Canopus in Argos series mentioned in the quote above I would urge anyone reading this to search Ebay or similar to get your own copies and read them. I am convinced she was wide awake and doing her bit to wake up others. The stories always came across to me as our life in the three dimensions and touching on times between incarnations. Shikasta is obviously Planet Earth.

Skewed of a bit there in a fanfare for brilliant writing, but yeah, great documentary.
    Last edited by Ewan; 3rd March 2022 at 21:02. Reason: Spelling - oops

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

9ideon (3rd March 2022), Bill Ryan (4th March 2022), haroldsails (4th March 2022), Icare (8th September 2023), Inversion (13th July 2022), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd April 2022), Michel Leclerc (15th August 2022), onawah (3rd March 2022), Sunny-side-up (14th August 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Ok, they have their own website, BAM, unfortunately most of it is behind a, modest, paywall but they do have some free content.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

9ideon (4th March 2022), Bill Ryan (4th March 2022), Bluegreen (3rd March 2022), haroldsails (4th March 2022), Icare (8th September 2023), Inversion (13th July 2022), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2022), onawah (3rd March 2022), Sunny-side-up (14th August 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

And related, focusing purely on the pyramids...

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

9ideon (4th March 2022), Bill Ryan (4th March 2022), haroldsails (4th March 2022), Inversion (13th July 2022), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2022), onawah (3rd March 2022), Sunny-side-up (14th August 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th March 2022), Ewan (5th March 2022), Icare (8th September 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2022), Sunny-side-up (14th August 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

You may also want to research the megalithic yard first proposed by Alexander Thom.

A pretty good book by Christopher Knight and Alan Butler Civilization One presents a pretty convincing origination story for the megalithic yard.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

9ideon (11th May 2022), Bill Ryan (1st April 2022), Icare (8th September 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2022), Sunny-side-up (14th August 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th August 2022), Ewan (1st January 2023), Icare (8th September 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd January 2023), Sunny-side-up (14th August 2022), Vicus (14th August 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th August 2022), Ewan (1st January 2023), Icare (8th September 2023), Inversion (15th August 2022), Johnnycomelately (14th August 2022), Sunny-side-up (14th August 2022), Vicus (14th August 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th August 2022), Ewan (1st January 2023), Icare (8th September 2023), Inversion (15th August 2022), Johnnycomelately (2nd January 2023), Sunny-side-up (6th January 2023)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,560 times in 32,726 posts

This seems to be the full movie, a full 2 hrs 18 mins long, uploaded 3 weeks ago with 221k views so far.

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

9ideon (2nd January 2023), avid (1st January 2023), Brigantia (2nd January 2023), Delight (1st January 2023), Ewan (1st January 2023), Icare (8th September 2023), Inversion (2nd January 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd January 2023), kudzy (2nd January 2023), leavesoftrees (2nd January 2023), Sunny-side-up (6th January 2023), Violet3 (2nd January 2023), Yoda (1st January 2023)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,326 times in 930 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    This seems to be the full movie, a full 2 hrs 18 mins long, uploaded 3 weeks ago with 221k views so far.

I am halfway through watching this video and am beginning to wonder who paid for it? It appears to ask lots of the usual questions about the precision of the building techniques, but shies away from anything nonacademic or speculative, especially even poohpoohing an E.T. connection. If anything, so far it appears to be concluding that the historical natives that we know resided in these locations had something to do with building these fantastic, precise structures.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

9ideon (2nd January 2023), Bill Ryan (2nd January 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd January 2023), Sunny-side-up (6th January 2023), Tigger (9th January 2023), Violet3 (2nd January 2023)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,326 times in 930 posts

The video gets a bit more interesting towards the end, with discussion of the great magnetic circle going over almost all the famous sites. I am about 2/3 of the way through it now, and taking a break for the night.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

9ideon (2nd January 2023), Bill Ryan (2nd January 2023), Hym (2nd January 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd January 2023), Sunny-side-up (6th January 2023), Tigger (9th January 2023), Violet3 (2nd January 2023)

27. Link to Post #14
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,345 times in 5,388 posts

This may be of interest - Bernard Pietsch who Henry Deacon had recommended to Bill and Kerry some years ago now as just about the primary authority on the Great Pyramid: I haven't watched the documentary yet so I've no way of knowing whether any of Pietsch's insights have found their way into the documentary at all.

Source: Bernard Pietsch

New Perspectives on the Great Pyramid

Introduction

There are no scholarly footnotes to the following exposition on the message of the Great Pyramid. There is no appeal to historical analysis, archaeological tradition, nor extra terrestrial intervention. The only documentation offered is the stones of the Pyramid themselves; their placement, dimensions and geometry are the sole demonstration. Our objective will be to liberate the meaning from the stones and pursue the course of reasoning revealed.

The end result of this application, is the proposition that the designers of the Great Pyramid had access to a supremely successful paradigm subsequently lost to later generations. The Pyramid is the database of that lost paradigm. As a library in stone, it is designed as a model of the galaxy,i the solar system,ii the earth and ultimately the human being. It is a working metaphor of astronomy, physics, biology, and earth science. The Pyramid is the consummate demonstration of "as above, so below."

The best representation of the mind that informed the Pyramid resides in the Pyramid itself. The Pyramid is the message; it is the model.It is the demonstration of the architect’s ability to meld science, art and geometry into a meaningful form. As a wonder of conceptual art, the Great Pyramid organizes grand themes and tremendous ideas. It is the solution to a problem. We must ask: How do we read it? What answers does it hold? What problem does it solve?

In the service of sacred art, the architect's communication functions both as statement and as dialogue. As statement, the Pyramid articulates through line and measure. But the discovery of its meaning requires the interaction of the observer with the form. It is the participation with the form that elevates the investigator to the level of understanding.

The meaning of the Pyramid has always been apparent, but we have not been able to translate the language of the medium. The language required to decipher it will not be found in any book or dictionary in a library. But, with due diligence and using tools similar to ours, anyone could recover the same information we have found. The following pages introduce some of the idiom necessary for conversing with the Pyramid’s architectural ideas.

Remarkably, once deciphered, the stones of the Pyramid will no longer be necessary. The stones chronicle information commensurate with the nearest pinecone or a blade of grass. Ultimately, this information is available to everyone, everywhere, here and now. But before the fact, the Pyramid will be both primer and directory. Read correctly, it will return us to the path we left eons ago. Ironically, the reading of this ancient model and the rediscovery of its attendant paradigm hold the key to the solution of many modern enigmas.

How Do You Read?

The simplest reading of the Pyramid requires cataloging the stones in terms of number and measure. Once the stony card catalog of the Pyramid is assembled, the dimensions of height, width and depth of each stone can be converted or translated into the metrology (measuring system) to which it relates. Through the filter of measure, meaning becomes apparent.

The measuring system that evolves through this process we have referred to elsewhere as the Essential Canon of Measure. The Canon is significant in that it correlates universal cycles of many kinds: planetary periods, tidal cycles, field precession, earth magnetism, plant growth patterns, human physiological cycles. Knowledge of these very long periodicities requires many, many generations of observation to formulate. But once recorded, any generation in any age can access the database and recognize the long term patterns. (For more information about how a metrology emerges out of the patterns of natural events, refer to our page entry on The Essential Canon of Measure.)

What Do You Read?

After measuring the individual stones, and cataloging the features of the whole Pyramid itself, we will ask: "What observations, events or phenomena do the stones represent? To what questions is the Pyramid the answer?"

Nothing Is Hidden

Contrary to the many commentaries on the Great Pyramid which speculate about secrecy, mystery and magic, we will affirm that nothing in the Pyramid is concealed, hidden or secret. The enigma of the Pyramid in fact, resides more on the part of the observer than in the intention of the architect. The language of the Pyramid is at once precise and lyric. To penetrate its intended meaning one must perceive both science and art simultaneously.

In the language of the Pyramid, the integration of number, geometry and metrology is so interrelated as to be holographic. To see one part clearly, the whole must be surveyed, but before reaching that perspective, many details must come into focus. As a result, our exposition may appear round about and indirect, but as we progress the pieces of the puzzle and the logic of the Pyramid will become clearer and the message will unfold as self-evident.

The builders were aware that every aspect of the world and the self ought to harmonize with the universal order and that by truly understanding one thing it is possible to understand all.

The finest instrument ever constructed by mankind reveals what he has in him. In the largest sense, everything recorded in the Pyramid is recorded within the human organism. We are the one thing. Through this paradox, the realization occurs: the solution to the Great Pyramid is not only in the stones, but also in ourselves.

Why the Pyramid Was Built from the Top Down

Our expedition begins with a remark from Herodotus, 4th Century, BCE Greek historian. Herodotus was one of the earliest Western sources to report on the pyramids and culture of Egypt. (Among some, Herodotus’ accounts earned him the title, "Father of History," among others the title "Father of Liars," as he made many curious and whimsical statements.) He reports that Egyptian temple priests told him that the top portion of the Pyramid was built first, then the middle and lastly the part closest to the ground. Since such a building could not be constructed top to bottom, what is the inference?

Herodotus’ account is not about principles of engineering and construction. It is a veiled referent to the concept which drives the form of the Pyramid. "From the top-down" refers to the metaphysical notion of wholeness derived from the Pyramid’s form. The Pyramid is more than the sum of its parts. The "top" to which Herodotus’ refers is a perfect, ideal and nonexistential realm—a sacred space that can only be indicated. The fact is that the Great Pyramid has no physical pyramidian, apex or top. The dimensions of the Pyramid do not geometrically support the extension and closure of an apex point.iii The physical structure itself was designed to be truncated at the 206th course or level. Since the angles of the Pyramid are actually slightly skewed,iv a pyramidal top is not an extension of the geometry of the actual physical pyramid. It is an abstraction rendered from an idealized geometry. It can only be conceptualized.

The purity of the indicated space above the physical top of the Pyramid is not of this world. Each individual must recreate its existence. It is truly a sacred space—eternal, incorruptible, and timeless. But its latent potential must be supported in the world in order to be realized. The top is supported by the base; but the base is subservient to the top. In order to extrapolate the meaning of the non-existential top of the Pyramid, one must first understand the "bottom" or physical aspect of the structure. We look now for the function and meaning of the base of the Pyramid and its 206 stony courses, before returning to the initiating geometry of its top.

(the blog entry continues here)
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

9ideon (5th January 2023), Bill Ryan (5th January 2023), Harmony (9th January 2023), Sunny-side-up (6th January 2023)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

Interesting video on "rockhouses" in the UK.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th January 2023), Harmony (9th January 2023), Icare (8th September 2023), Johnnycomelately (9th January 2023)

+ Reply to Thread