+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cymroglyphics: deciphering Egyptian Hieroglyphs using Welsh

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,011 times in 2,209 posts

Default Re: Cymroglyphics: deciphering Egyptian Hieroglyphs using Welsh

Quote Posted by Brigantia (here)
    I agree with everything you've said Jaybee - I'm still shocked by Ross being taken too soon, my heart aches for his widow and three lovely boys. My friend who had met him and worked with him is gutted. It was a lovely short vid by his cousin Neil about their determination to continue the work.

Have you seen the fundraiser? It had a target of £500 and is now at over £8000, that's just a testament to how he touched everyone who tuned in to his shows. I've been catching up on a few of his Sunday shows that I missed, though I can't bring myself to watch the last one; it would seem ghoulish.

Yes I made a (smallish) donation and will make another one in about a week...

I was watching the second part of the Richard Hall interview with Ross earlier (first part in post 13 above) and it's hard in one way because he's gone but it was a fantastic and educational piece... and I was struck by how well Ross spoke explaining things clearly while at the same time was so animated... his passion for the work shone through - he was a really good teacher....

I think a core group of his friends and fellow history truth seekers will keep it all going - on the facebook group page one of those friends related about breaking the heartbreaking news to Alan Wilson and how shocked he was (of course) it was probably the last thing he expected to be told...

PART 2 OF 2 - Britains Hidden History

Quote In today's show I talk to Ross Broadstock who has been promoting the work of historical researchers and authors Alan Wilson and Baram Blackett. Wilson and Blackett suffered years of intimidation when they were publishing books about King Arthur and British history from around 1980. These historians have never been tied to any academic establishment which means they've always been free to go where others have feared to tread. Much of their work and findings you will not find being taught in school or university history lessons. Ross Broadstock has worked tirelessly over the last four years to make Wilson and Blacketts books available via the website BritainsHiddenHistory.co.uk. He has also had some of their work re-published and helped them publish new books containing research which is only now seeing the light of day. Historical claims are often difficult to verify or prove, and healthy debate continues about many of these subjects. The problem with mainstream history institutions is they refuse to look at new claims and evidence which might cause them to have to re-evaluate preconceived histories. I am sure there will be many different opinions about the claims made in today's show, which Ross Broadstock welcomes on his Youtube channel Britain's Hidden History.
    first half mainly about Cymroglyphics and Ross explaining and showing examples... then the stuff about Star Maps in South East Wales - Ross and Richard go out on field trips to find mounds and humps related to the Orion Stars - then around 45 mins Steve Willis explains more about the Star Maps and his own research - it's mind blowing stuff - going back to ancient Babylon - even linking, it is said, to the Epic of Gilgamesh and the Enuma Elish -
    Last edited by jaybee; 24th October 2022 at 21:58.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st December 2023), Brigantia (25th October 2022), Ewan (30th August 2023)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,011 times in 2,209 posts

I notice the Richard Hall YouTube channel has been closed - the 2 part interview with Ross can be seen on the Richplanet TV channel... here....

https://www.richplanet.net/richp_gen...8&part=1&gen=8

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st December 2023), Brigantia (25th October 2022)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,149 times in 1,355 posts

More sad news... it's been posted in a community post that Alan Wilson has died. Whilst it's not so shocking as Ross's passing as Alan was in his 90s, it's very sad nevertheless as he provided the impetus for Ross to carry on and broaden the audience for his and Baram Blackett's research.
    From the post here:

"It is with a heavy heart that we share the news of our beloved historian, Alan Wilson's, passing. Early this morning, he left us at the Royal Victoria Infirmary. During this difficult time, let's come together to remember his life, and how he inspired and laid the foundations of our community.
    Alan's family is going through a tough period, and they will need time and space to sort things out. Your understanding and support mean the world to them. Let's honor Alan's memory by keeping him in our thoughts and reflecting on the moments he shared with us.
    As we grieve, let's also celebrate the knowledge, passion, and kindness that Alan brought into our lives. He will forever remain a great mentor to our community. If you'd like to offer any condolences or support to his family, please feel free to reach out.
    Rest in peace, Alan Wilson. Your spirit will continue to inspire us."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st December 2023), Ewan (21st December 2023)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,149 times in 1,355 posts

Really shocking news today from Richard Hall; Baram Blackett has died in a house fire. This comes after a fire in 2011 at Wilson and Blackett's house in Wales during which they narrowly escaped injury or death, they later brought in an expert who said that it was deliberately started, but the local police refused to accept this.

Alan Wilson lived to a great age so his passing would not be unexpected, but the deaths of Ross and Baram were well before their time. Someone really does not like their research.

It's heartening to see though that Ross's work is still being continued on YT, though it's really not the same without his enthusiastic presentation. We have to accept though that he's gone and the work that the others are still presenting is well worth watching.

More about this from Rich Hall's website here.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st December 2023), Ewan (21st December 2023)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Casey Claar's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,252 times in 756 posts

Thank you to everyone who has posted here. Following.
    "Love is what is left when you let go of everything you no longer need." —Raj

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

Brigantia (21st December 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2