+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How To Meditate On God's Word

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member BrotherWayne's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default How To Meditate On God's Word

Folks, we need this now more than ever. I love my Avalon family. You guys are my church.

How To Meditate On God's Word

Whether you are happy, sad, or frustrated, meditating on God’s Word can benefit you physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. In fact, numerous scientific studies have shown that meditation is good for the mind and body.

Meditation can improve emotional health as well as increase attention by prompting a state of flow to occur. When you meditate, you get a clearer picture of your mind. You become more aware of your thoughts, especially the ones that influence your actions and emotions.

Through meditation, you can reduce your chances of developing mood-related disorders and depression. You can reduce your stress levels and achieve relaxation. In addition, meditation can enhance your empathy by firing neural connections to the sites of your brain that are responsible for regulating positive emotions such as kindness and empathy.

Meditation will also allow you to get absorbed into the moment and stay present. When you reach a state of flow, your mind will be in total harmony with itself. Thus, you will improve your focus and attention. Likewise, you can improve your cognition with meditation. Researchers claim that incorporating it to your daily routine can improve the decision-making and problem-solving parts of your brain.

Then again, meditation is not only scientific. It is spiritual as well.
    The more you progress into your spiritual life, the more questions you will have. Do not be confused with contemplation and meditation. Even though they are sometimes used interchangeably, they are actually different.

Meditation is a form of prayer, while contemplation is caused by the divine. So, when you begin meditating upon the Lord and meditating on God’s Word, you can use concepts, reasoning, and images to think of things that are related to God. This exercise can open you towards yearning and devotion to God; and thus, direct your life.

With meditation, you can reach contemplative prayer or contemplation.
    According to mystics and spiritual experts, contemplation is not really a prayer that you can initiate. Just as mentioned above, it is caused by the divine. So, the action belongs to the Lord. The sole action that you can do is to dispose yourself to receive His graces and blessings.

https://www.christian-meditations.co...-on-gods-word/

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BrotherWayne For This Post:

Ankle Biter (4th October 2021), Clarity (9th October 2021), Franny (8th October 2021), Harmony (3rd October 2021), Ioneo (3rd October 2021), Kryztian (3rd October 2021), Pam (3rd October 2021), Peace in Oz (3rd October 2021), Vangelo (3rd October 2021), Victoria (4th October 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,259 times in 1,414 posts

Default Re: How To Meditate On God's Word

Repeating the words 'Love and Joy' in one's mind is a wonderful way to relax and release. It results in a direct connection with the divine.

A lovely idea I heard recently expressed by David Icke, is (paraphrased): 'I am connected to everything that is, has ever been and will ever be, and I am here now for a brief experience, and in doing the right thing over and over again, despite any inconveniences, brings me into harmony with all'.

Love and joy to you all, my friends.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Ankle Biter (4th October 2021), Franny (8th October 2021), Harmony (3rd October 2021), Heart to heart (8th October 2021), Kryztian (3rd October 2021), Pam (3rd October 2021), Peace in Oz (3rd October 2021), Victoria (4th October 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,906 times in 20,684 posts

Lightbulb Re: How To Meditate On God's Word

I rather use the more neutral, agenda free/condition free term: "Prime Creator" free from all labels people use to describe the indescribable ... and it is beyond any human and/or alien made religions.
    • There is no monopoly on genuine authentic spirituality (free from human and/or alien agendas!).
    Prime Creator is too big and way beyond any human made and/or alien made religions.

cheers,
    John Kuhles aka 'ExomatrixTV'
    October 3rd, 2021

• I met William (Bill) Cooper personally in January 1993 Wembley Arena London where my colleague David M. Summers and I (Exposure Magazine, Radio & TV Amsterdam) were invited ... David gave a lecture too exposing in great detail The New Word Order Agenda ... I was allowed to film it all ... all professional cameras were sabotaged ... so they were very happy to use my (backup) tapes later on ... Mary Seal organized it and the title of the conference was "Global Deception Conference".
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 3rd October 2021 at 21:01.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ankle Biter (4th October 2021), Bubu (3rd October 2021), East Sun (3rd October 2021), Franny (8th October 2021), gini (8th October 2021), Harmony (3rd October 2021), Ioneo (3rd October 2021), Pam (3rd October 2021), Victoria (4th October 2021), yelik (5th October 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,263 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    I rather use the more neutral, agenda free/condition free term: "Prime Creator" free from all labels people use to describe the indescribable ... and it is beyond any human and/or alien made religions.

There is no monopoly on genuine authentic spirituality (free from human and/or alien agendas!).

cheers,
    John
    [/LIST]
    same here John, I use the word "source" same people who manipulate history and everything and control all, invented "god and devil". Time to question everything. What good is it to escape one trap only to get caught on another.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ankle Biter (4th October 2021), East Sun (3rd October 2021), ExomatrixTV (3rd October 2021), Franny (8th October 2021), gini (8th October 2021), yelik (5th October 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 times in 567 posts

My meditations are heart chakra centric. The goal is to open my heart chakra so that I can send and receive unconditional love. This meditation music from Dr Wayne Dyer is based on the frequency of the words "I am that I am" (i.e. the name of God). I use this meditation often, it opens my heart chakra instantly. Although the music track starts at the 7:00 minute mark, I suggest you listen from the beginning the first time so that you can hear Dyer's description of the sounds and how he uses it.

Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

Ankle Biter (4th October 2021), ExomatrixTV (3rd October 2021), Franny (8th October 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I also really like the work that Gregg Braden is bringing to the table about the science of prayer and what happens in a person's brain and heart when they pray or meditate. It's the science of spirituality for me

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrotherWayne For This Post:

Franny (8th October 2021), Tyy1907 (8th October 2021), Vangelo (8th October 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

• There is no monopoly on genuine authentic spirituality (free from human and/or alien agendas!).
    Prime Creator is too big and way beyond any human made and/or alien made religions.

cheers,
    John Kuhles aka 'ExomatrixTV'
    October 3rd, 2021

• I met William (Bill) Cooper personally in January 1993 Wembley Arena London where my colleague David M. Summers and I (Exposure Magazine, Radio & TV Amsterdam) were invited ... David gave a lecture too exposing in great detail The New Word Order Agenda ... I was allowed to film it all ... all professional cameras were sabotaged ... so they were very happy to use my (backup) tapes later on ... Mary Seal organized it and the title of the conference was "Global Deception Conference".
    But see.... I even feel like the term "prime creator" is agenda based as well. I'm no expert, but I immediately think of Zachariah Sitchen and the Annunaki narrative. Am I right? A quick Google search brings up a bunch of Ashtar Command stuff also...

14. Link to Post #8
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,906 times in 20,684 posts

Quote Posted by BrotherWayne (here)
    But see.... I even feel like the term "prime creator" is agenda based as well. I'm no expert, but I immediately think of Zachariah Sitchen and the Annunaki narrative. Am I right? A quick Google search brings up a bunch of Ashtar Command stuff also...

I use the term long before anyone else and I did not got it from anybody ... It seems you just LOVE to insinuate because it fits your narrative.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 4th October 2021 at 22:30.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

15. Link to Post #9
    Australia Avalon Member Ankle Biter's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,662 times in 368 posts

Quote Posted by Vangelo (here)
    My meditations are heart chakra centric. The goal is to open my heart chakra so that I can send and receive unconditional love. This meditation music from Dr Wayne Dyer is based on the frequency of the words "I am that I am" (i.e. the name of God). I use this meditation often, it opens my heart chakra instantly. Although the music track starts at the 7:00 minute mark, I suggest you listen from the beginning the first time so that you can hear Dyer's description of the sounds and how he uses it.

Might be another addition to the toolbox for next heart chakra focused meditation.

Another gem shared to P.A. thanks to Constance, was this thread's video. Which is now part of my regular exercise routine.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. -Lao Tzu

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ankle Biter For This Post:

Vangelo (5th October 2021)

17. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by BrotherWayne (here)

I use the term long before anyone else and I did not got it from anybody ... It seems you just LOVE to insinuate because it fits your narrative.
    Oh goodness.... now you are claiming that you were the first to use that term? Have you even listened to throwback project camelot or coast to coast am. That has always been a term that people used who did not want to come off as "religious" (like you) and use the term God. lol

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Prayer is so unappreciated without a question. Call it paranormal even but miracles do happen. Most are not perceived by us in our daily lives as we create our realities as we see fit. Creator won't impose itself on anybody unless they seek it themselves. This is the degree that our free will is respected.

Many are getting messages now that much prayer is needed at this time. It doesn't have to be an organized all at the same time deal either. Common intentions for the betterment of us and our world.

I can literally feel the resolve of the collective changing. Many are becoming concerned. It's up to the spiritual of us to carry the day. We're all light workers and healers we just don't know it!
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Heart to heart (8th October 2021), Vangelo (8th October 2021)

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Creator is bigger than any man-made religions. Creator is like infinity and how long have humans been around? My point us that religions have been corrupted to make people feel inferior and unworthy. It's up to us to figure out the disinformation designed to disempower us and diminish our reach. To keep us orderly and in line.

Not throwing the baby out with the bath, just that important aspects have been changed and corrupted. Not to mention the fact there are so many religions, just like different races, different languages. Divide and conquer. How did the different races of human come about? Why would a loving Creator destroy all humans with the flood? My belief is that it wasn't Creator at all that did this. Who are the other players?
    Last edited by Tyy1907; 8th October 2021 at 22:11.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Vangelo (8th October 2021)

22. Link to Post #13
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,085 times in 735 posts

BrotherWayne, correct me if my request does not seem useful to the idea you want to develop.

Reading your first post, I am under the impression that you are making on one hand a clear distinction between "meditation" and "contemplation", and on the other hand blurring this distinction by calling both concepts "prayer", and/or bringing to the fore a “half distinction, half merger” with the concept of "contemplative prayer", and then again opposing them by stating that "contemplation" can only be initiated by the Divine, whereas in "prayer" or "meditation" volition and thinking are involved.

I would like to suggest that some light be shone on the possibility of clearly defining the boundaries of those concepts. I know this is not easy. To point out the difference between "chair" and "table" it may suffice to point at the pieces of furniture, but defining the concept "furniture" may be a little harder. So on one hand I guess some thinking, in the sense of seriously pondering the language we want to use here, is necessary – and on the other hand the finger-pointing to a piece of “furniture” is in this case not impossible either, even in such "spiritual" matters, as the semantic boundaries around meditation, contemplation, prayer may be elucidated by describing experiences that one, you for instance, would rather associate with one or the other.

As a student of how languages are born and grow, I looked up the Latin etymologies of these three words (because, less intuitively understandable, also "prayer" comes from Latin).

"Prayer", it may not surprise you, comes from a very old Latin word dating back to at least the middle of the millennium before the Common Era, which is "prex, genitive precis", which just meant "asking" – but right from the start specifically "asking the gods", in return for sacrificial gifts etc.

"Contemplation" means "being together in the temple", in which the "temple" is the square or rectangular part of the sky delineated by the priest for interrogating the skies and hence pronouncing oracles, and hence more or less corresponds to a constellation in the night sky but also – and there we are almost immediately in Heidegger’s world – the clearing in a wood where the rectangular space is bordered by the treetops: the world of the Druids really, of the cedar-surrounded hilltops of ancient Canaan, and of course the rectangular roofs of Greek and Roman temples covering their forests of columns. Your idea that contemplation is initiated by the Divine fits well the idea in Latin that the ones who "are together in the temple" are not in the first place the faithful, but (the) g/God and His/Her believer. They are “together in a sacred space”.

As for "meditation", it is worth meditating upon the idea that the verb meditari in Latin – considering that it is a frequentative verb (the -it- infix in medITari tells us so), which means that it expresses an action which is repeated – is a frequentative of the other Latin verb mederi, which means "bestow medical care". So at first meditari meant something like "bestowing regular care", "nursing", "studiously applying oneself to a task", and then it gradually slid out of the medical sphere, and began to mean "considering", "reflecting", "repeatedly applying one‘s thinking to".

Maybe this will help you in clarifying for the reader how you understand the distinctions between these "spiritual" “actions”.

I delved a little bit deeper into those etymologies in order to show how strongly these concepts – to the extent that they can be distinguished clearly, which I invite you to do – are dependent upon language, the Latin language in this case.

Leaving the world of Indo-European languages, one already starts to feel the ground shift under ones concept-defining feet. I am not a sinologist, but it would be very enlightening to hear what speakers of Chinese among the members have to say about this, or speakers of Tagalog or another Philippine language, or any other non-Indo-European language.

And then obviously, the speakers of Semitic languages. The Bible, which is certainly a very important source for your thoughts, was written in Hebrew and Aramaic, so it may be of value to try and look up the meanings of the words used in those languages for the "same" concepts (apart from the Greek of the Gospel translations, and of Paul and other New Testament writers, which is of course Indo-European).

This again brings to mind what you mean by "God‘s Word”. (Incidentally, there is a "good" case to be made for the etymology of the Germanic word "god" to be directly related to the word "good", whereas the word "divine" (Latin divinus), which is of course related to d/Deus (g/God in Latin), to basically mean "the bright one, the shining one" with "shining" being meant as shining like the sun or the stars.) As an amateur Semitist but a specialist in sufism (and familiar with Arabic and Persian, and hence a student of the Qur‘an), I can testify that the typical Muslim pronouncement that the Qur‘an is the "Word of God" (or "Writ of God") has profound developments within Islamic theology, which dovetail well with kabbalistic Jewish and Christian thoughts, and hence also with what the mystics in the three traditions have to say. To broaden the perspective even more, in the world of the religions of India, the sounds of Sanskrit are themselves considered to be created by the Divine, and hence divine in nature.

Would you think these thoughts are helpful for the discussion? In that case, how far would you go along with the whole or part of such thinking?
    Last edited by Michel Leclerc; 9th October 2021 at 00:00.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Open Minded Dude (13th October 2021)

24. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I do and I don't disagree with anything that you wrote. I like definitions as well.

+ Reply to Thread