Thread: Jocko Willink - Happiness And Sacrifice

1. Link to Post #1
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Default Jocko Willink - Happiness And Sacrifice

I enjoy this channel very much, mostly i feel because we have same views or "roots" on how to view the world. I mean by that a world that is hard and cruel, and things happen whether you like it or not. "Nobody asks you if it's ok or not" but you still find a way around pain and suffering and keep going strong

Jocko Podcast is a very nice channel for me, i have found lots of good stuff there since i started watching it, i enjoy it so much

Hope this is useful for someone out there, who has gone through hard times, had to live a very strict life and "follow hard rules impossible to break" and yet looks for way to find happiness and a way to let peacefulness enter into your inner world, that one protected like crazy by that giant anti-feelings and anti-love wall built around you at some point

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jocko_Willink
    Quote His military service included combat actions in the Iraq War, where he commanded SEAL Team 3's Task Unit Bruiser, the unit that fought in the battle against the Iraqi insurgents in Ramadi. Willink was honored with the Silver Star and Bronze Star Medal for his service. He achieved the rank of lieutenant commander.[3]
    I guess all i can say is: He talks in my language, i get him and i'm thankful for he putting this out. It's hard to find people who are clear and go to the point, and then do bring out the root and true aspects of the issue at hand, and bring up some answers from their point of view, and possibly lead into a better understanding

And for this, i'm very thankful to him

I guess that's all i had to say

Happy Sunday!
    Tired

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Alan (3rd October 2021), Bill Ryan (4th October 2021), Ewan (3rd October 2021), ExomatrixTV (3rd October 2021), Gemma13 (3rd October 2021), Harmony (3rd October 2021), Heart to heart (4th October 2021), I am B (4th October 2021), Ioneo (3rd October 2021), Mercedes (3rd October 2021), Pam (4th October 2021), thepainterdoug (3rd October 2021), Tyy1907 (4th October 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Default Re: Jocko Willink - Happiness And Sacrifice

thanks masha, jocko is awesome. no matter how one feels they can always decide to be of service to others.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th October 2021), Ewan (3rd October 2021), ExomatrixTV (3rd October 2021), Gemma13 (3rd October 2021), Harmony (3rd October 2021), Heart to heart (4th October 2021), I am B (4th October 2021), Mashika (3rd October 2021), Mercedes (3rd October 2021), Pam (4th October 2021), Tyy1907 (4th October 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Mash, the world is not hard and cruel. At times it is sweet and compassionate. If I look back in time I would say my life is balance. Half of it is easy and joyful and half is hard and sorrowful. You had your good times and bad times. How many years have you been in each of it?

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th October 2021), Ewan (3rd October 2021), ExomatrixTV (3rd October 2021), Heart to heart (4th October 2021), Mashika (3rd October 2021), Mercedes (3rd October 2021), thepainterdoug (3rd October 2021), Tyy1907 (4th October 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,945 times in 464 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    I enjoy this channel very much, mostly i feel because we have same views or "roots" on how to view the world. I mean by that a world that is hard and cruel, and things happen whether you like it or not. "Nobody asks you if it's ok or not" but you still find a way around pain and suffering and keep going strong

I guess all i can say is: He talks in my language, i get him and i'm thankful for he putting this out. It's hard to find people who are clear and go to the point, and then do bring out the root and true aspects of the issue at hand, and bring up some answers from their point of view, and possibly lead into a better understanding

And for this, i'm very thankful to him

I guess that's all i had to say

Happy Sunday!

Thanks Mashika! Really good video! I got to listen to someone who voiced the feelings for so many of us humans in this world, one of which is my eldest daughter, she has always struggled with the mission she supposedly has for this life and the way to be happy accomplishing it, like you, quite intelligent and articulate since very young, it's been difficult to be a parent to a child that has so many good questions for which I had no good answers.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th October 2021), Heart to heart (4th October 2021), Mashika (3rd October 2021), thepainterdoug (3rd October 2021), Tyy1907 (4th October 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,945 times in 464 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    thanks masha, jocko is awesome. no matter how one feels they can always decide to be of service to others.
    So true, but I guess it takes a gigantic effort to overcome and still work on someone else's well being. And that is what a sacrifice is, no?
    Last edited by Mercedes; 3rd October 2021 at 13:57.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th October 2021), Heart to heart (4th October 2021), Mashika (3rd October 2021), thepainterdoug (3rd October 2021), Tyy1907 (4th October 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Mash, the world is not hard and cruel. At times it is sweet and compassionate. If I look back in time I would say my life is balance. Half of it is easy and joyful and half is hard and sorrowful. You had your good times and bad times. How many years have you been in each of it?
    I have gone through very bad stuff, some of it by choice actually, i went into it with a purpose, but did not expect to be damaged so hard by it, to the point i almost lost my life. It took me the most part of the last 7 years to recover from that, and even then i know it will never be the same.

I would say that i'm about to turn 25 in some days, and for the most part, my happy days ended around when i turned 11 or so, after that it has been mostly miserable with some happiness here and there, which soon turns sour somehow

There is also this. If you have your eyes open, either by accident or by education or other means, but you are 'aware', then you can't possibly do something wrong and say "i didn't know". So for people like that, anything you do that is wrong, and you know and still do out of pleasure for yourself, causes instant karma, no waiting until another life or later on, no. Because you knew well and still did it, knowing it would cause harm or pain to others.

So it's hard to balance that with 'normal' life. So you can't just do the same stuff anymore and enjoy it like everyone else, like go get drunk with your high school friends in a crazy night and they are 'daring' while you keep a secret inside you.

You know this is all wrong but try to act the part of 'this is the most crazy thing i have done in my life' so you can fit with them and try to get the same fun, try not to break the illusion for them, because they are having such a great time! It's not my right to take this experience away from them, and they think this is also the most crazy night of my life, and we are building memories about all these things

This is suffering as well, for the soul. Then the lie keeps going, because for them it was a night to never forget, and for me is guilt out of not being able to stop pretending. I could not care less and i see them as kids playing dumb games, even if we are the same age, because my eyes were opened to terrible things i hide away since long ago, and this stuff we are doing, is not even funny or exiting anymore, as it is for them

I lie with a smile.. "The smile in the face, the darkness behind" so to speak
    Last edited by Mashika; 3rd October 2021 at 22:49.
    Tired

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th October 2021), Heart to heart (4th October 2021), I am B (4th October 2021), Mercedes (4th October 2021), Pam (4th October 2021), Tyy1907 (4th October 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

See this is why i like how that guy speaks, just go to the point and be straight about it, no need for anything else

"That goal is not going to achieve itself, it's on you"

Simple Dimple :D
    Last edited by Mashika; 4th October 2021 at 06:55.
    Tired

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th October 2021), Heart to heart (4th October 2021), Mercedes (4th October 2021), Tyy1907 (4th October 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 337 posts

I guess Its easier said than done, but the way of overcoming something is to stoically embrace it, or to let it go.

If you keep it on the back of your head constantly It'll hurt you more than it has actually done already. Idk what it is, but if it hurts you like that its probably not worth keeping.

Having fun doesn't generate bad karma, even if we realise drinking and daring is something childish to do, you're not gonna hurt anyone, and sometimes the silliest films are the funniest most memorable ones right? Even if its just for the sake of laughing at them ^^

One way or another it all made you who you are, and I'm sure thats something to be proud of.
    Last edited by I am B; 4th October 2021 at 10:05.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th October 2021), Heart to heart (4th October 2021), Mashika (6th October 2021), Mercedes (4th October 2021)

+ Reply to Thread