+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Empty Internet Theory-- thoughts?

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Question Empty Internet Theory-- thoughts?

If this was a thread posted before, then feel free to take it down mods.

Anyways, for those not in the know, the empty internet theory is a very interesting one and is one I personally believe in. In a nutshell, the theory is that despite the massive, constantly expanding size of the internet, it is inhabited almost entirely by artificial intelligence and bots. These bots are most prominent on social media, inflating user numbers and creating posts acting like actual people. In short, there's only actually a couple hundred thousand people on the internet compared to the hundreds of millions that we think there is.

It makes me think about the decline of the internet forum as a main source of social media, with them only existing for certain niche communities such as a certain game or entertainment fandom. Personally, I think that the vast amount of mostly dead forums is due to internet bots leaving them for new social media sites at the time like Facebook and Twitter, massively inflating their member count and attracting actual people to the platform and away from the old forums.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to abc For This Post:

Did You See Them (27th October 2021), Isserley (5th October 2021), jagman (6th October 2021), Miller (9th January 2023), Open Minded Dude (5th October 2021), pueblo (5th October 2021), raregem (5th October 2021), wegge (5th October 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 times in 458 posts

Default Re: Empty Internet Theory-- thoughts?

I like the idea and bot behavior as well as the spin-off realities that are created from it must certainly be taken into consideration.

Apart from that I’d say that we actually think there are several billion people on the internet, so a couple of hundred thousand seems way too low, but maybe only hundreds of million compared to billions could be closer to the truth?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

abc (5th October 2021), Did You See Them (27th October 2021), Lunesoleil (6th October 2021), pueblo (5th October 2021), raregem (5th October 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wegge (here)
    I like the idea and bot behavior as well as the spin-off realities that are created from it must certainly be taken into consideration.

Apart from that I’d say that we actually think there are several billion people on the internet, so a couple of hundred thousand seems way too low, but maybe only hundreds of million compared to billions could be closer to the truth?
    True, maybe my scope was a little small. It's kind of eerie to think about these bots and what the people who control them can do with a massive army of bots. Misinformation is a deadly weapon in today's society. The controllers of the bot armies can easily propagate a false rumor or lie to smear a certain person or force a certain point that may not be true to control the thoughts and beliefs of an average person.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abc For This Post:

Did You See Them (27th October 2021), jagman (6th October 2021), pueblo (5th October 2021), raregem (5th October 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,422 times in 554 posts

I think that, of the perhaps tens of millions of actual humans on the net, the governments pay many thousands of them to interact with the rest of us, act as shills for their ideas, and help with fine tuning the automated ones. Much like we fill in Captcha screens from images, these shills are employed full time in these activities. Each group has some - for example, if you post anything contrary to the Zionists, you get their shills attacking immediately - anything pro UFO and you get those shills in response, anything anti-Religious and they will dump on you right away. All of these add their useless posts of deception, making it nearly insanity to try and have a good experience and share what you believe.
    The tech giants are not only all for it, they sponsor it and pay for it. The stress levels that it creates is helpful to where they wish us to be in X number of years.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

abc (5th October 2021), Did You See Them (27th October 2021), pueblo (5th October 2021), raregem (5th October 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,284 times in 639 posts

I found this film interesting, watched it earlier today, makes you think mmm ...
    Last edited by Rawhide68; 5th October 2021 at 18:25.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

pueblo (5th October 2021), raregem (5th October 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,630 times in 20,810 posts

When there is an avalanche of different "cyber attacks (hacks)" on big platforms maybe even paypal and visa etc. and the mass media is pushing this "scary narrative" over and over 24/7 ... I would not be surprised they want to push new mandatory bio-metric identification scans using your smartphone that is not anonymous to access the internet. And all server providers are asked to help "fight cyber terrorism" ... this "war on cyber terrorism" may also be linked with QR scan mandate.

Even Klaus Schwab "predicted" this AND it was also a Topic on The Bilderberg Conference ... How many know that Klaus Schwab (WEF/Davos) is also a long time member of the Inner Circle Steering Committee of The Bilderbergers <<< anyone exposing them were called "crazy crackpot conspiracy theorists" ... MSM even denied it existed.

I would not be surprised that part of the so called "mass cyber attacks" scare are self-inflicted wounds! ... (Fake Cyber Warfare, Mostly 'Inside Job' to Serve Agenda2030).

Cheers,
    John Kuhles aka 'ExomatrixTV'
    October 5th, 2021
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 5th October 2021 at 18:55.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

abc (5th October 2021), Arcturian108 (6th October 2021), jagman (6th October 2021), pueblo (5th October 2021), raregem (5th October 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Is this a variation of Dolores Cannon’s concept that most “folks” are really NPCs?

14. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dumpster Diver (here)
    Is this a variation of Dolores Cannon’s concept that most “folks” are really NPCs?
    Essentially, yes. But replace NPCs with highly complex artificial intelligence networks. The people controlling these networks can easily propagate false information to become trending so actual humans can look at it. Some of these humans will be persuaded by them, eventually spreading it to their friends and so on and so forth. With technology advancing at such a rapid pace, there's only a matter of time before they overtake us entirely, outnumbering us and eventually controlling what we see on the internet. Thank goodness for forums like this, where rational people can talk to each other without the influence of botnets.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to abc For This Post:

Arcturian108 (6th October 2021)

16. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

There are certain parts of the dead internet theory that have merit. For example, bots now exist en masse. They didn't in 2006.

However, I think a big part of why the internet is so different from before is simply because every normie is now on the internet. Normies think and behave in a very predictable and simplistic manner. Add in the fact that people are now typing out messages on their phones instead of their keyboards. Phones lend themselves to short and simple text... emojis... so we're looking at simple people using a very simple method of communicating with one another. (No hate or anything.) Then you throw in a bunch of bots that are mimicking normies for whatever reason and there you go - "dead internet".

It's also worth noting that in many cases, the format of social media and Reddit is definitely superior to the forum format. Forums work great when they're well-moderated, such as this one, but if you have weak moderation and do not allow users to "moderate" content by upvoting/liking it, the platform can turn into a garbage heap quickly.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to waxamillionpehhgasus For This Post:

abc (11th October 2021)

18. Link to Post #10
    Aaland Avalon Member Blastolabs's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,352 times in 432 posts

I used the post above as input given to the artificial intelligence GPT-3.
    Here is its response with no edits:
    ------GPT-3 BEGINS-----------
    "Saying that bots "aren't real people" is a big mistake, guys. To the extent that they exist, to that extent do they have an effect on society. They can be used for good or evil and if Uncle Sam wants to use them to influence people's opinions then this is a dire threat against freedom from tyranny from my point of view. The internet was never designed as a tool for government propaganda and censorship and shaping public opinion so it matches whatever it wants us to think... but we're getting there fast. This is why I banned all bots from voat - even though technically, I'm not supposed to ban anyone because we don't have banning privileges here.

So yeah, dead internet? Yes and no?"

19. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The internet first and only cipher giant.
    Education, communication, virtual travelling and partly new experiences.
    And is most attractive for the society, as we won’t get to research programs in that billions numbers of users.

AI is reshaping society in the sense of data processing, effectiveness. But still it is not fully data driven within society.

It is faster to do social research with bots overnight, which wouldn’t work and would lose it’s actuality due to billions of people unable to generate such a large amount of data.

The questions of the human/AI society have been there since the AI appeared. Let them appear for awareness and deeds.
    AI is reshaping society in a way of data-driven technologies -appealing to the desire for certainty, and the yearning to understand and predict.
    The algorithms faster and deeper to understanding and human behaviour, education, control over human habits and target marketing.

Every piece of technology has two coin sides, just to have the brightest example of the internet.

+ Reply to Thread