+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 3 8 LastLast

Thread: Flirting with War (China vs Taiwan, and whatever might ensue)

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

Default Re: Flirting with War (China vs Taiwan, and whatever might ensue)

It may well be time for a further update on this thread. This is all about Nancy Pelosi's intended (it seems) visit to Taiwan, despite China's VERY strong warnings that she should absolutely not do this. "Flirting with war" seems fitting.

I'll not copy the entire article, as anything might change or happen any time today or tomorrow, maybe within hours of this post. But many seasoned geopolitical commentators (unaligned with the neocons!) are becoming seriously concerned.

One might be forgiven for concluding that the US is pushing for a major military conflict to distract from (a) the Ukraine debacle and (b) the rapidly falling political and economic house of cards at home.
    Taiwan Officials Say Pelosi "Definitely Coming" As China Begins Closing Waters For New PLA Drills

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (1st August 2022), bluestflame (2nd August 2022), BMJ (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), iota (1st August 2022), Jambo (2nd August 2022), mountain_jim (1st August 2022), pabranno (2nd August 2022), pyrangello (1st August 2022), Spiral (1st August 2022), T Smith (1st August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022), Yoda (1st August 2022)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,220 times in 8,550 posts

(don't see an embeddable video type on quick page view for link below)

later: I see same video in Bill's link above via tweet.

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...etVY4K6AYDexAw

Quote Forwarded from disclose.tv

NOW - China's People's Liberation Army just posted a new video on WeChat ahead of Pelosi's potential visit to Taiwan.

/////////

Brian Cates

This is a Chinese produced military threat video released specifically to strike fear in the hearts of pudgy America.

Indescribably, the video features my military tech and a macho rock and roll soundtrack.

Must watch.
    https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/n_gtB_JR25sVOHOq8mWrOg

////

on the other hand

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...a5HLgoatDKbYZA

Last edited by mountain_jim; 1st August 2022 at 18:06.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Arcturian108 (2nd August 2022), bluestflame (2nd August 2022), BMJ (2nd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), iota (1st August 2022), Jambo (2nd August 2022), onevoice (1st August 2022), pabranno (2nd August 2022), pyrangello (1st August 2022), Spiral (1st August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,661 times in 2,080 posts

What purpose she is doing over there to begin with is beyond me. Yes Bill , I don't think China's bluffing and she's so arrogant she doesn't even know she doesn't know. We will know within 24 hours though. And for the US Military, who knows what there thinking. Although today on the radio shipments of corn and oats left Ukraine per an agreement between Ukraine and Russia. Maybe its time the US go swim with some bigger fish! How about dealing with world trash in the ocean and the amazon rainforest burning. Tackle both at the same time and forget about all these ego games.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

9ideon (1st August 2022), Arcturian108 (2nd August 2022), Bill Ryan (1st August 2022), bluestflame (2nd August 2022), BMJ (2nd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), iota (1st August 2022), Jambo (2nd August 2022), jaybee (1st August 2022), mountain_jim (1st August 2022), pabranno (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022)

7. Link to Post #44
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,293 times in 1,173 posts

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    she's so arrogant.
    That thing is not arrogant, it's completely detached from reality.

Just a common thief with powerful friends and a Mob Father all there is to it.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2022), bluestflame (2nd August 2022), BMJ (2nd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), iota (1st August 2022), Jambo (2nd August 2022), mountain_jim (1st August 2022), pabranno (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022)

9. Link to Post #45
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

Those are huge rockets, really huge.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

9ideon (1st August 2022), Bill Ryan (1st August 2022), BMJ (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), Jambo (2nd August 2022), mountain_jim (1st August 2022), pabranno (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    I don't think China's bluffing.
    No, China is not.

In this video, published 20 long hours ago, Alexander Mercouris does a very detailed and precise job analyzing the exact language China has been using in recent political statements, and when decoded, exactly what that language means.

His well-argued conclusion: China may be very close to embarking on real military action about this. Start in at 35:03 for a fascinating 25 minute segment on Chinese linguistics just before they go to war:

12. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

9ideon (1st August 2022), Adi (1st August 2022), bluestflame (2nd August 2022), BMJ (3rd August 2022), Brigantia (2nd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), iota (1st August 2022), Jambo (2nd August 2022), jaybee (1st August 2022), Kryztian (4th August 2022), Michel Leclerc (1st August 2022), mountain_jim (1st August 2022), pabranno (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022), Yoda (1st August 2022), zebowho (1st August 2022)

13. Link to Post #47
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,442 times in 570 posts

The thing is america has never be soundly and precisely beaten. They have lost more times than one can count and over decades; everyone knows that. But america loses without the embarrassment or humility for some reason. I think it is because tptb are simply careless. They do not care.

When america hit Nagasaki and Hiroshima, Japan was soundly and precisely beaten so badly they [Japan] basically promised they would not cause that to happen again. They didn't even subscribe to nuclear power for electricity until 1966. I actually thought it was later than that.

America needs to get a black eye and check itself. It has been operating all over this planet without any respect for others. It is obvious and appalling.

I think Pelosi will be visiting Taiwan. She will do it in the secret manner [like they do when officials visit Ukraine] now that it has been called out.

China will deliver america that blackened eye, and the embarrassment that comes with it. And america will deserve it. America will learn that these countries do not play. They do not mind decades of quiet resentment. They are patient and diligent. America has lost these qualities.
    Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it. ~ Conor C. O'Brien [1917-2oo8]

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

9ideon (1st August 2022), Bill Ryan (1st August 2022), bluestflame (2nd August 2022), BMJ (3rd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), Jambo (2nd August 2022), Michel Leclerc (1st August 2022), mountain_jim (1st August 2022), pabranno (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,220 times in 8,550 posts

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...hr5t66L3VVXUEQ

I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

9ideon (1st August 2022), Bill Ryan (1st August 2022), BMJ (3rd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), JackMcThorn (1st August 2022), pabranno (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

https://twitter.com/caitoz/status/1552440572560154624

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

9ideon (1st August 2022), bluestflame (2nd August 2022), BMJ (3rd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), iota (1st August 2022), JackMcThorn (1st August 2022), Michel Leclerc (1st August 2022), mountain_jim (1st August 2022), pabranno (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022), Violet3 (2nd August 2022), Yoda (1st August 2022), ZenBaller (2nd August 2022)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...hr5t66L3VVXUEQ

the Speaker of the House does NOT have "A RIGHT" to put the life of ANYONE but herself at peril

she in fact, has a RESPONSIBILITY to serve the HIGHEST interests of her Constituents

and NOT her SELF-INTERESTS

NONE of us are interested in either HER "ego needs" being satisfied

nor are we interested in giving satisfaction to the the wounded egos in other countries

who having FAILED to achieve the GREATNESS of the United States

are relishing the possibility of this country receiving a "black eye"

it speaks volumes of them and provides insight as to WHY this mentality

FAILED to garner for them a greater level of success

(you excel through effort in one's self ~ NOT by ill wishes on those who DO succeed)

additionally, we NEED to CLEARLY differentiate between:

those in office AND the good people of this country

there is a difference between those who have usurped power in this country

AND the MAJORITY of the citizens of the U.S. who are:
    • decent,
    • peace loving,
    • people who believe in justice and freedom for ALL!
    • and our goodness used as a tool to manipulate public sentiment

this is a point even Putin has acknowledged and expressed.

towards that end, it would behoove the citizens of this country to enact stringent measures by which their public SERVANTS are held accountable for FAILING to serve

along with the complicit treasonous, MSM (Main Stream Media,) whose very existence now serves to promote agendas that with LETHAL repercussions

i honestly consider MSM to be our number one enemy

it is through them that the people are

• manipulated
    • programmed
    • deceived
    • and thereby directed into detrimental action that has proven lethal

here are just few examples of their lies:

CAUGHT: Michigan News Channel Posts Results
    to Republican Primary Election

— That’s Not Until Next Week!!

Journalists Who Were Caught Lying

CNN Caught Lying (Again); Gets Legal Notice From Angry DEMOCRAT Politician

i absolutely believe that China is serious about war

i'm just not convinced that it is a "new" development OR adversarial event, but rather one where a UNIFIED goal is the basis for action of BOTH parties

personally, i find the sudden posturing of antagonism towards China, by an administration and party that LEAKED the HIGHEST levels of classified intelligence

(reference: Hillary's Blackberry TO China )

to be preposterous and rather incredulous to say the least

It has become woefully evident that communist ideology is currently hiding behind the skirts of the blue party in this country. This includes Governors and powerful politicians who audaciously have Chinese "handlers" in plain view such as:

ERIC SWALWELL, U.S. House Representative

a man Democrats had widely regarded as their next Presidential Candidate ...

Roy Cooper Governor of North Carolina whose handler John Wei has close ties to Communist Chinese officials and influence groups, advised North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper to extract blood from all 50,000 RNC attendees and much more ~ read (here)

this has continued even AFTER the disclosure of the 2017 "China Intel Law".

a law that CLEARLY stated that ALL persons with Chinese Ancestry were under COMPULSION to gather Intel

Failure to comply could result in adverse repercussions for any family members in China!

This FACT has been revealed multiple times in this forum. Even the MSM itself was FORCED to acknowledge the existence OF this law during a MAJOR leak:

Major Leak 'exposes' 2 Million Members of the Chinese Communist Party

the leak revealed involvement of over TWO million .. how many more possible boggles the mind

That disclosure dealt exclusively with covert operations. Those carried out in the public arena are extensive as well. In fact, a couple of years ago i posted a short Rundown Of Major U.S. Corporate Media’s Business Ties To China

but let's say one is blissfully ignorant ...

can we NOT surmise that the personal wealth amassed by ALL these "officials" with Chinese "handlers" in prominent view might conceivably be a tad "suspect"?

OR put in question legislature and policies implemented by these VERY SAME "officials" to be outrageously aligned with Chinese Special Interests? this, of course, at the expense of the American Public they took an oath to serve?

Does China pay more for their service and loyalty?

and there were NO shortage of memes depicting the deplorable senile one as China's pet

not to mention the fact that:

so .. i'm sorry .. i absolutely believe there IS an intention for conflict with China

i am simply unconvinced that it is, in fact, new or adversarial in cause

i am convinced BOTH sides are in on it and have a unified goal

The destruction of America

and i, joined by many, will NOT allow this to happen

particularly NOT to satisfy the desire for the United States to get a "black eye" by those whose countries

have NEVER and likely will NEVER hold OUR position on a global level

our enemies want us divided ..

because UNITED? we are beyond powerful

they could never ever defeat us at our peak ....

in order to hope to stand a chance against us?

they have HAD to systematically attempt to "weaken" and divide us for years now

let's remember we inherited the greatest country and way of life on the planet

from those who came before us

now? we MUST do ALL within our power to preserve that legacy for our children

they absolutely deserve NO less

we MUSTARISE to the Greatness that has ALWAYS been WITHIN US

and NEVER EVER give up

Last edited by iota; 2nd August 2022 at 19:10. Reason: added tweet of Seewll
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2022), BMJ (3rd August 2022), Brigantia (1st August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), jaybee (1st August 2022), mountain_jim (1st August 2022), pabranno (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022), Violet3 (2nd August 2022)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

If this was a movie, and I was watching it with interest, the clever screenplay twist I'd half expect to see ahead would be:
    1. Pelosi lands in Taipei, complete with an over-ostentatious photoshoot.
    2. To everyone's surprise, the Chinese do and say absolutely nothing at all.
    3. The politicians and media in the US crow loudly about how they intimidated China and properly put Xi in his place.
    4. Then, a couple of days later, China invades Taiwan with overwhelming force.

22. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

bluestflame (2nd August 2022), BMJ (3rd August 2022), Brigantia (2nd August 2022), Chip (2nd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), iota (1st August 2022), Jambo (2nd August 2022), jaybee (1st August 2022), Michel Leclerc (1st August 2022), Mike Gorman (2nd August 2022), mountain_jim (1st August 2022), pabranno (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022), Violet3 (2nd August 2022), Yoda (2nd August 2022)

23. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,938 times in 2,204 posts

If I were Russia I would be very watchful of what the US were up to in the seas around there - because if NATO is planning and positioning to go for a major military conflict against Russia they have to try and dominate the Pacific Ocean + other seas between Russia and the US - for offensive and defensive reasons....

Could this whole thing about Pelosi and Taiwan be to deliberately whip up tensions + give an excuse to move some serious military hardware into the area - like the USS Ronald Reagan for example... and although all the media are talking about this as a China/America potential conflict (which it could be).... it could also be about building up to a major war with Russia... ?

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2022), BMJ (3rd August 2022), Brigantia (2nd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), iota (1st August 2022), Michel Leclerc (1st August 2022), mountain_jim (1st August 2022), pabranno (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022), Violet3 (2nd August 2022)

25. Link to Post #53
    Australia Avalon Member Violet3's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,357 times in 235 posts

Quote Posted by jaybee (here)

If I were Russia I would be very watchful of what the US were up to in the seas around there - because if NATO is planning and positioning to go for a major military conflict against Russia they have to try and dominate the Pacific Ocean + other seas between Russia and the US - for offensive and defensive reasons....

Could this whole thing about Pelosi and Taiwan be to deliberately whip up tensions + give an excuse to move some serious military hardware into the area - like the USS Ronald Reagan for example... and although all the media are talking about this as a China/America potential conflict (which it could be).... it could also be about building up to a major war with Russia... ?
    I think that is quite feasible. Also, to add to this possibility, the whole Pelosi stage show seems likely to be a huge diversion (standard operating tactic), so the question is, diversion from what?

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Violet3 For This Post:

avid (2nd August 2022), Bill Ryan (2nd August 2022), bluestflame (2nd August 2022), BMJ (3rd August 2022), Brigantia (2nd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), iota (2nd August 2022), pabranno (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022)

27. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

i regret to inform that an additional "distraction" has just occurred

.. Biden just addressed the nation LIVE

to announce that he gave the order to assassinate al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahri

see video HERE

sigh ...

PS ....

i just remembered that when Trump was president?

Paul Ryan, former Speaker of the House, went to Taiwan!

absolutely NO problem.

They were afraid of/respected Trump

what a difference between then and now

see: Paul Ryan heads for Taipei to mark 40 years of informal US-Taiwan relations
    Last edited by iota; 2nd August 2022 at 05:33. Reason: added Ps and link
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Arcturian108 (2nd August 2022), Bill Ryan (2nd August 2022), bluestflame (2nd August 2022), BMJ (3rd August 2022), Brigantia (2nd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), Mike Gorman (2nd August 2022), pabranno (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022)

29. Link to Post #55
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

Live stream on that plane heading towards Taiwan. He shows real-time footage of Spar19...

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd August 2022), bluestflame (2nd August 2022), BMJ (3rd August 2022), Brigantia (2nd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), iota (2nd August 2022), Mike Gorman (2nd August 2022), pabranno (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022)

31. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

A livestream from The Duran on Pelosi, the US, China, and Taiwan, just started and planned to last for an hour and a half.

World War Nancy

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 2nd August 2022 at 11:45.

32. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

9ideon (2nd August 2022), Alecs (2nd August 2022), BMJ (3rd August 2022), Brigantia (2nd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), iota (2nd August 2022), Jambo (2nd August 2022), kudzy (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022), Violet3 (3rd August 2022), Yoda (2nd August 2022)

33. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Tucker Carlson, last night drawing clear parallels between Kamala's scripted presentation at the Munich Security Conference just before Russia's launch of the Special Military Operation, and Pelosi's visit to Taiwan right now.

World War Nancy

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 2nd August 2022 at 11:45.

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

BMJ (3rd August 2022), Brigantia (2nd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), iota (2nd August 2022), Jambo (2nd August 2022), kudzy (2nd August 2022), mountain_jim (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022), Violet3 (3rd August 2022), Yoda (2nd August 2022)

35. Link to Post #58
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,345 times in 5,388 posts

Unsure how solid this information is but sharing it in case it is legitimate:

Source: https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1554424968208949248
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

9ideon (2nd August 2022), Bill Ryan (2nd August 2022), BMJ (3rd August 2022), Brigantia (2nd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), iota (2nd August 2022), Jambo (2nd August 2022), Violet3 (3rd August 2022)

37. Link to Post #59
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tintin (here)
    Unsure how solid this information is but sharing it in case it is legitimate:

Source: https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1554424968208949248

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd August 2022), BMJ (3rd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), iota (2nd August 2022), Jambo (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022), Violet3 (3rd August 2022)

39. Link to Post #60
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,789 times in 1,323 posts

Quote Posted by iota (here)
    i regret to inform that an additional "distraction" has just occurred

.. Biden just addressed the nation LIVE

to announce that he gave the order to assassinate al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahri

see video HERE

sigh ...
    That's precisely what I thought when I heard it on the news this morning - distraction from something bigger going down.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd August 2022), bluestflame (2nd August 2022), BMJ (3rd August 2022), ClearWater (2nd August 2022), Harmony (2nd August 2022), iota (2nd August 2022), Jambo (2nd August 2022), Tintin (2nd August 2022), Violet3 (3rd August 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 3 8 LastLast