+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would religious leaders do if aliens showed up?

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,664 times in 20,818 posts

Exclamation What would religious leaders do if aliens showed up?

• What would religious leaders do if aliens showed up?

For UFO believers, Luis “Lue” Elizondo—the former director of the now defunct Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, a Defense Department project tasked with investigating reports of unidentified aerial phenomena—is like a prophet coming down the mountain. He claims to have seen the burning bush (i.e., classified, up-close, high-definition images of UFOs), and his every utterance sparks feverish interpretation in the cloisters of the UFOs subreddit and UFO Twitter.

2021 has been a busy year in the UFO sphere, and thus a busy year for Elizondo. On June 25, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence released a much-anticipated and baffling report on unidentified aerial phenomena, also known as UAP. In the weeks leading up to the report’s release, Elizondo tantalized audiences on cable TV and social media. On NBC News: “We’re 99 percent sure it’s not foreign adversarial technology, so that only leaves one other option. It’s someone or some things else.” On 60 Minutes: “I’m telling you it’s real. The question is ‘What is it?’ ‘What are its intentions?’ ‘What are its capabilities?’ ”

The report itself was more tentative in its language. Of the 144 incidents reviewed by the task force, 143 remain unexplained. It said that most of the UAP in question “probably do represent physical objects,” and a handful “appear to demonstrate advanced technology,” executing high-speed maneuvers without visible means of propulsion. “We don’t know exactly what they are,” former President Barack Obama admitted in a May late-night interview. “We can’t explain how they moved, their trajectory.”

The question of what UAP are is intertwined with what they might mean. Three days before the report’s release, while appearing on a June 23 podcast, Elizondo answered a well-posed question—“If the general public knew or saw what you saw … what would the next week look like? How would the public react?”—with a muted bombshell. “Somber,” he said. “I think there would be this big exhale for about a day. And then this turning inward and trying to reflect on what this means for our species and to ourselves.” He continued, “I think you would have some people turning to religion. You might have some people turning away from it.”

Elizondo isn’t quite saying aliens, not out loud anyway, but his message is clear enough: UFOs are of intelligent, nonhuman origin. Skeptics bristle at the ufologist’s tendency to leap from unidentified objects to otherworldly intelligence(s), whether it’s extraterrestrial A.I., interdimensional travelers, or glitches in the simulation; to entertain such fantastic speculations is too much, too soon for the majority of scientists. Even still, Americans want to believe in aliens now more than ever, according to polls by Gallup and Pew Research. Why wait for the fruits of SETI’s radio searches or NASA’s astrobiology research when the answer to life, the universe, and everything might be hovering just off the coast of Virginia?

What should we make of this “new form of religiosity,” as D.W. Pasulka, author of American Cosmic: UFOs, Religion, Technology, has described the most recent wave of UFO mania? And if intelligent beings were to show up—in the lower atmosphere of our planet or in the upper atmosphere of another, perhaps as revealed by the soon-to-launch James Webb Space Telescope—how would it affect Americans’ feelings about mind and matter, about the soul and the world, in an increasingly irreligious culture?

To hazard a guess, I spoke with religious leaders and thinkers about the possibility of space-faring intelligent life and how UFOs fit into Americans’ evolving belief systems—now and in the future.

When I raised the possibility of extraterrestrial life to Reggie Blount, a pastor in the African Methodist Episcopal Church, he shared a verse from the 13th chapter of 1 Corinthians: “We look through a mirror dimly.” For Blount and many Christians, the full reality of God’s creation will be forever obscure to human beings, like opaque glass. As Blount sees it, in a universe containing a potentially infinite number of galaxies, aliens may very well exist. “But,” he emphasizes, “I don’t think other intelligent beings would change our relationship to God.”

Blount’s perspective aligns with most of the clergy with whom I spoke. For the planet’s 4 billion monotheists, there are two planes of existence: one constituting material reality and another inhabited by a loving God who exists outside (and yet also paradoxically within) time and space. For Christians, Muslims, and Jews, UFOs and even aliens are fascinating, to be sure, but they needn’t represent a major disruption to a metaphysical system in which the fundamental dichotomy between God and the world is already and permanently decided. The universe may contain undiscovered, extravagant life forms, but the accompanying theological challenges—about the breadth of creation, the possibility of conversion, the moral status of nonhumans—need not threaten a monotheistic picture that’s always been multidimensional. Pope Francis, for his part, has said he would baptize an extraterrestrial who asked for it: “Who are we to close doors?”

Jimmy Akin, an expert on Catholic theology and the host of Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World, a podcast that examines “fascinating phenomena in the physical world” from a Catholic perspective, said that “if there are intelligent aliens, they are simply other creatures of God. We should learn about them and their place in God’s plan.” He continued, “We know that God has created other intelligent creatures: the angels—in fact several different kinds of angels.” As for UFOs, Akin echoed what was a familiar refrain in my conversations with religious thinkers “I’m open to wherever the evidence goes.”

Imam Asad Zaman, the executive director of the Muslim American Society of Minnesota, was less tentative on the question of unidentified flying objects: “I think people equating UFOs with extraterrestrial life is definitely a stretch.” But, he said, the discovery of extraterrestrial life wouldn’t be problematic for most Muslims. After all, the Quran specifically names God the creator of worlds, plural. Zaman went on to paraphrase a few lines from the 56th surah of the Quran: “I swear by the station of the stars, and if you only knew how big of an oath that was.” “Of course,” Zaman said, “we now understand the nature and scale of the galaxies. This allows us to contemplate that the creation of God is much bigger than we can fathom.”

In his book Religions and Extraterrestrial Life, astronomer David Weintraub describes this capacity of modern religions to evolve and adapt: “Historically, some religions have shown that they have enough theological dexterity to survive the regular challenges to doctrine and belief that emerge from humankind’s increasingly sophisticated knowledge about the natural world (e.g., despite its very public spat with Galileo, the Roman Catholic Church has adapted to the scientific knowledge that the Earth orbits the Sun).” According to Weintraub, with the exception of a few fundamentalist sects, the Big Three religions “are robust enough to accommodate the paradigm-busting news that the discovery of extraterrestrial life would present.” Beyond those, a number of Eastern religions, including Buddhism and Hinduism, already explicitly posit other worlds and sentient beings.

This isn’t to say that uncomfortable theological challenges do not exist, especially for the Abrahamic religions and their offshoots. Rabbi Sam Kaye of the Temple in Atlanta told me that he didn’t know if aliens could become Jewish, on account of their potentially lacking the necessary (ahem) anatomy to be circumcised. Southern Baptists and other evangelicals believe that Christ is the only way to eternal salvation and that human beings maintain a special relationship with God; it’s easy to see how ETs might represent an unwelcome third party. In his book, Weintraub raises a fascinating problem for Muslims, who would likely be eager to proselytize to aliens: “If extraterrestrials exist and live at a great remove from Earth, how would they determine the direction of Mecca, five times every day, for prayer?”

These issues might explain in part why the faithful aren’t especiallyinterested in thinking or talking about UFOs and aliens. But I also suspect that religions have simply become more secularized and scientifically minded than is often assumed by outsiders. A number of clergy were hesitant to speak with me, and those who did struck me as cautious and uneager to speculate without better evidence. At times, I was reminded of something the British Reform rabbi Lionel Blue once said: “The secular world is more spiritual than it thinks, just as the ecclesiastical world is more materialist than it cares to acknowledge.” Sometimes, in other words, the pious play the role of the skeptics—and vice versa. On the question of aliens, your neighborhood pastor is more likely to affiliate with the “Out There?” crowd—punting the idea of ETs a few light-years into the depths of outer space—than fall down the “They’re here!” rabbit hole. Rabbi Adam Bellows, of the United Hebrew Congregation in St. Louis, shared his own statement of purpose: “My Judaism inspires me to get to know the universe, and science is how I do that.” As for UFOs, Bellows demurred, invoking Occam’s razor: The simplest explanation is the best one.

Adam Frank, an astrophysicist at the University of Rochester and a practicing Buddhist, recently argued that while “UFOs sightings, which date back to at least 1947, are synonymous in the popular imagination with evidence of extraterrestrials … scientifically speaking, there is little to warrant that connection.” In my conversation with Frank, he emphasized the fallacy of searching for aliens close to home when possibly inhabited exoplanets beckon: “You wouldn’t look for Manhattanites somewhere other than Manhattan!”

What about the so-called religious “nones,” the rapidly growing number of Americans who don’t believe in God? And what about the “kind-ofs,” the churchless Protestants, the “raised Catholics,” and the cultural Jews who don’t attend services and for whom religion is more of an inherited abstraction than a lived experience? It turns out that nonbelievers are the ones doing most of the magical thinking when it comes to extra-, intra-, and ultraterrestrial beings.

Clay Routledge, a psychology professor at North Dakota State University, wrote in a New York Times op-ed: “People who do not frequently attend church are twice as likely to believe in ghosts as those who are regular churchgoers. The less religious people are, the more likely they are to endorse empirically unsupported ideas about U.F.O.s, intelligent aliens monitoring the lives of humans and related conspiracies about a government cover-up of these phenomena.”

There are likely far more nonreligious people in the United States than self-reported surveys suggest. Knowingly or not, the nones (and I’d bet many of the kind-ofs too) subscribe to a worldview known as scientific materialism, which posits matter and energy—the physical universe—as all there is. The materialist paradigm was captured most poetically by Carl Sagan (“We are star stuff”) and most dramatically by Friedrich Nietzsche (“God is dead”). But, however it’s phrased, scientific materialism isn’t exactly psychologically satisfying. A gnawing spiritual hunger, what the psychoanalyst Julia Kristeva calls “this incredible need to believe,” compels human beings, along a thousand different streams, toward a nonhuman intelligence who knowsmore than we do.

Here’s Routledge again: “[B]ecause beliefs about U.F.O.s and aliens do not explicitly invoke the supernatural and are couched in scientific and technological jargon, they may be more palatable to those who reject the metaphysics of more traditional religious systems.

Where the pastor’s sermon once gave hope, now it’s podcasters asking particle physicists, “What do you think about aliens, man?” Where religious revivals once held Americans’ attention, now it’s grainy YouTube videos of flying somethings. Whatever they are, UAP are objects of immense wonder for millions: faceless, flying triangles and Tic Tacs that may just hold the key to reality if only they’d just sit still. What if, the nonbelievers wonder, a higher power represents something far stranger than the old prophets could’ve imagined?

For now, UAP remain a mystery, one that will continue to hold considerably more power for the metaphysically undecided. When I asked Adam Frank (who, I should emphasize, is skeptical about UFOs) how he’d explain Buddhism to an alien, he offered a succinct response: “I would say that Buddhism is just this. It’s a religion that focuses on exactly what’s happening: nothing more.” I suspect believers and nonbelievers alike would do well to go with the Buddhists on this one and regularly take measure of a universe that’s at once perplexing and comprehensible. Something’s happening—in the skies, in our souls, or both, or neither, depending on whom you ask—and everyone’s this deserves a fair hearing.

Future Tense is a partnership of Slate, New America, and Arizona State University that examines emerging technologies, public policy, and society.
    100% related:
    • The Church and UFOs interview Monsignor Balducci

use cc option then "auto translate English"

quote: "Extraterrestrials really exist, they are neither an invention of the human mind nor a conjecture and are probably more advanced than we are. To give us these revelations from space is not a fan of paranormal phenomena, but Father Corrado Balducci, of the congregation for the evangelization of peoples, a highly esteemed theologian in the Vatican and personal friend of the Pope. These are realities that can be integrated, also because, the Vatican theologian points out, in the New Testament there is a passage with written that Christ is the king of the Universe, not only of the world. Balducci argues that it is wrong to assert that the stories made about close encounters with extraterrestrials are not credible. "It is instead reasonable to believe and affirm that aliens exist tells in the interview the eminent figure of the entourage of the sacred pontiff their existences cannot be denied longer, because there is too much evidence of the existence of extraterrestrials and flying saucers ". There is no room for other interpretations: what Father Balducci instead wants to emphasize, in addition to those of his ideas which, moreover, he had already had the opportunity to informally express, is that there is not, there would not be a challenging relationship between Martians and humans, between their moral and ethical beliefs and our religious beliefs. The teachings of Christ would therefore not, according to the theologian, be in danger. "Facts such as the existence of flying saucers states Father Balducci in the appendix of his book which will be titled" Confirmations "indicate that aliens have evolved faster than humans. But even if it was discovered that extraterrestrials are in some superior to humans, this would not call into question the teachings of Christianity. " This thesis is undoubtedly very particular, for all those who are not interested in paranormal phenomena and do not go beyond the evidence, which however seem a real legitimacy of extraterrestrials. Balducci reports in the interview of a passage in the New Testament in which Saint Paul speaks of Christ as king of the universe and not as king of the world. "This means the theologian states that everything in the universe, including extraterrestrials, is compatible with God." In addition to being an official member of the papal family, Father Balducci is also a renowned exorcist and an expert in demonology. Since 1964 he has been registered as a "priest of honor" in the Vatican yearbooks. His first question to an alien would be related to the conception that they have of God. In his analysis Balducci does not stop at this and goes on: "It is very important to give credit to the stories of eyewitnesses but we must be very careful to make sure they are really authentic. I heard people who said they had contacts, but they were people who unfortunately weren't mentally stable. " In short, the aliens, the facts say over time, exist, but you have to be careful of the falsifications." unquote

Balducci reportedly "defended the existence of Extraterrestrial life, and invited the Catholic Church to reconsider its position on this issue".[2] Balducci told a 1998 magazine interviewer that he believed "UFO entities were not demonic" and that they should be investigated by science "and not the world of angels or the Virgin Mary or the demons...not as a divine or demonic incident, but a physical reality". Balducci's remarks were later misrepresented and distributed on the Internet by UFOlogists as "a Vatican announcement of UFO reality".[3]
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 18th October 2021 at 22:35.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Agape (19th October 2021), Ben (19th October 2021), Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), Bluegreen (18th October 2021), Eric J (Viking) (26th October 2021), Franny (26th October 2021), gs_powered (19th October 2021), Heart to heart (21st October 2021), Icare (15th January 2022), Jad (19th October 2021), Kryztian (19th October 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th October 2021), Mike Gorman (19th October 2021), mojo (21st October 2021), Nasu (19th October 2021), O Donna (26th October 2021), palehorse (19th October 2021), selinam (19th October 2021), toppy (19th October 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    Thanks

Default Re: What would religious leaders do if aliens showed up?

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 18th October 2021 at 22:40.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), Franny (26th October 2021), gs_powered (19th October 2021), Heart to heart (21st October 2021), Icare (15th January 2022), Jad (19th October 2021), Mike Gorman (19th October 2021), mojo (21st October 2021), O Donna (26th October 2021), Sérénité (21st October 2021), toppy (19th October 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: What would religious leaders do if aliens showed up?

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 18th October 2021 at 22:45.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), Franny (26th October 2021), gs_powered (19th October 2021), Heart to heart (21st October 2021), Icare (15th January 2022), Jad (19th October 2021), Mike Gorman (19th October 2021), mojo (21st October 2021), O Donna (26th October 2021), palehorse (29th October 2021), toppy (19th October 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    Thanks

What if most (if not all) "greys or grays" are not alien but a product of genetic engineering in the future and/or parallel universe... and that the first time-travel experiments were tested by "less human" beings: bio-robots?

Reptilians may have hijacked them to be slaves working for them too?

Meanwhile you have 1000s of different alien races who do not look like "half ant half human" (greys) but are sold to the world as "aliens" ...

So when we face "Alien Contact" for all to see we might not see real Aliens but something else! ... Then when that moment of "full disclosure" happens REAL aliens who do not look like The Greys, may interact with much more humans than ever before.
    cheers,
    John
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 20th October 2021 at 09:48.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ben (19th October 2021), Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), East Sun (18th October 2021), Heart to heart (21st October 2021), Icare (15th January 2022), Jad (19th October 2021), Mare (19th October 2021), Mike Gorman (19th October 2021), mojo (21st October 2021), O Donna (26th October 2021), toppy (19th October 2021), yelik (19th October 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

Use their usual 'know it all' manipulation to try and have their followers accept them
    into their religion. Talking about Christion religion only.

Pope said years ago that he would welcome them.
    I don't think Aliens would have anything to do with religion, being far more
    advanced in so many ways than we are.
    Last edited by East Sun; 18th October 2021 at 23:27.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), Heart to heart (21st October 2021), Icare (15th January 2022), Jad (19th October 2021), Mike Gorman (19th October 2021), mojo (21st October 2021), toppy (19th October 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

religious leaders would act in line with the agenda (whatever it may be in the time) just like they are doing with the "covaids" situation right now. Fool those who believe them.

Shame on them.
    Last edited by palehorse; 19th October 2021 at 04:54.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), East Sun (19th October 2021), Franny (15th January 2022), Heart to heart (21st October 2021), Icare (15th January 2022), Michi (21st October 2021), Mike Gorman (19th October 2021), mojo (21st October 2021), O Donna (26th October 2021), toppy (19th October 2021), Vicus (19th October 2021), yelik (19th October 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

This question has been repeatedly considered, we heard of the Brookings Institute report (Sgt Bob Dean often referred to this in his presentations) from 1960 specifies the importance of keeping this topic 'under wraps' because so many human beings have a strong belief in a Homocentric God - a father figure of human form who is responsible for our universe-and the immediate knowledge of sentient beings who are not born on this world will blow their tiny minds apart, it will be too much for them to cope with and social collapse would ensue.
    I think there is something in this reserve, those of us who are broad thinkers, wide minded and accepting of all possibilities represent a tiny faction of the population, we have been open and studious since we were little children, we have been running science fiction plots and possibilities through our minds from the age of gaining conscious awareness; most people are not like this!
    The structure of our society is founded on the vague metaphysics of Christianity, even atheists and religious sceptics possess a cultural memory and basic acceptance of this early religious conceptual framework, they might intellectually reject this, but their basic training left a 'stain' of philosophical bias towards paternalistic God-like metaphors and mind-pictures.
    Those of us who are absolutely comfortable with the existence of other people, born on different planets represent a growing, but still minority group. The official confirmation of visitation will have unforeseen consequences, I think that is assured.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), East Sun (19th October 2021), ExomatrixTV (19th October 2021), Franny (15th January 2022), Heart to heart (21st October 2021), Icare (15th January 2022), Lariliss (21st October 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th October 2021), mojo (21st October 2021), palehorse (19th October 2021), rgray222 (5th November 2021), toppy (19th October 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Quote What if most (if not all) "greys or grays" are not alien but a product of genetic engineering in the future and/or parallel universe.
    Hi John
    It fas been my view that the simpler "greys or grays" are the caretaker drone type, left here to carry on taking sample/notes etc.
    Quote What if most (if not all) "greys or grays" are not alien but a product of genetic engineering in the future and/or parallel universe... and that the first time-travel experiments were tested by "less human" beings: bio-robots?
    So yes John, those "greys or grays" are engineered to be able to function on the globe.
    They have been used by religions, to help keep the populous in check, the little demons.
    They can be seen as 'Gargoyles' on the churches.
    So well know of.

The minions

I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Ben (19th October 2021), Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), ExomatrixTV (19th October 2021), Heart to heart (21st October 2021), Icare (15th January 2022), mojo (21st October 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    Thanks

Any religion (especially religious leaders) when they 01. demonizing or 02. worshiping "aliens">>> in my view, both are wrong, because to assume/claim/know what they "really are" is highly subjective by default!

And both sides have huge following ... thus we have only a very few who want to look beyond those two (demonizing or worshiping) options!

When Morpheus offered Neo in the movie The Matrix two options:"Blue Pill" or "Red Pill" (maybe related to: "Blue Lodge - Red Lodge of The Free Masons" as the movie has many Masonic Symbolism going on, like among others: "black & white checkerboard floor" and so much more) ... Those LIMITED OPTIONS "Blue or Red" is part of the overall control mechanism not to encourage you to investigate beyond those 2 choices.

This dualistic drama is almost to be found in everything controversial nowadays. Not to give you "real freedom" but to trap you in a certain mind-set THEY have designed for you, me and everyone else ... Same for the "Alien Contact" question which may not be aliens after all when they sell it to the world.

cheers,
    John Kuhles aka 'ExomatrixTV'
    October 19th, 2021
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 21st October 2021 at 17:25.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), Franny (15th January 2022), haroldsails (2nd November 2021), Heart to heart (21st October 2021), Icare (15th January 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th October 2021), palehorse (20th October 2021), rgray222 (5th November 2021), Sunny-side-up (20th October 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

They could say even this much ..

humbly but resolutely.

And stop kidding about the rest.

🙏😄🌟

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), ExomatrixTV (19th October 2021), Franny (15th January 2022), Heart to heart (21st October 2021), Icare (15th January 2022), palehorse (20th October 2021), rgray222 (5th November 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Friedrich Nietzsche’s “God is dead” is misused most of the mentioned times. He put responsibility to humans for all their deeds and decisions by making this speculative concept. There is no one else to judge you as a good or bad person or to forgive sins or even define a sin.
    It is really hard to anticipate what any of the religious groups will do. Still religion is the most ancient and strong throughout human existence.
    To my simple opinion they will put them to a minority and devise a long plan for coexistence.

My kid asked me a startling question recently: ‘If aliens come, how will we explain to them all our movies that show them as enemies, full of wars?’

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lariliss For This Post:

Agape (21st October 2021), Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), Chris Gilbert (30th October 2021), Franny (15th January 2022), Heart to heart (21st October 2021), Icare (15th January 2022), Kryztian (25th October 2021), palehorse (29th October 2021), rgray222 (5th November 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,076 times in 869 posts

What if the religious leaders ARE the aliens that already showed up?

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

Agape (25th October 2021), Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), Bluegreen (26th October 2021), DeeMetrios (1st November 2021), Franny (15th January 2022), Heart to heart (21st October 2021), Icare (15th January 2022), mojo (21st October 2021), rgray222 (5th November 2021), Tyy1907 (25th October 2021)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sérénité (here)
    Very similar what I shared many times last 10 years here on Project Avalon forum: "What if we all are alien souls >>> most with (temporary?) amnesia" ... and we all are spiritually tested if we can go to the next level which is still on Earth but with much more freedom to go anywhere else in the Universe.

And on a Soul level I sense we all chose to be here and it is not a "punishment" ... yes we have horrible things of all kinds happening here, that is the downside of being co-responsible in this "free choice" experiment (karma?) ... but at the same time you could search for "home" throughout the Universe not finding it ... because you decided not to see the beauty & uniqueness that is right here on Earth.

Let's say you go on space ships and travel to 1000s of planets with all their superior technologies it may never give the feeling you had when you lived here on Earth.
    • You probably first have to lose it, to finally understand what you lost ... having a genuine appreciation what is here.
    Maybe the biggest (spiritual) lesson is: How you let others tell you "how to think" and blame them later if things turns out to be (very) different, blaming them for acting upon it because "they said so" ... This includes: religions, scientism, cults, belief-systems, Agenda2030, group think, herd mentality etc. etc. and I assume that is part of what Avalonians do here ... to take much more responsibility for your own quality of thinking and act accordingly.

cheers,
    October 21st, 2021
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 21st October 2021 at 18:14.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Blacklight43 (21st October 2021), Bluegreen (26th October 2021), Franny (15th January 2022), Heart to heart (21st October 2021), Icare (15th January 2022), mojo (21st October 2021), rgray222 (5th November 2021), Sérénité (21st October 2021)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,076 times in 869 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    Very similar what I shared many times last 10 years here on Project Avalon forum: "What if we all are alien souls >>> most with (temporary?) amnesia" ... and we all are spiritually tested if we can go to the next level which is still on Earth but with much more freedom to go anywhere else in the Universe.

And on a Soul level I sense we all chose to be here and it is not a "punishment" ... yes we have horrible things happening of all kinds, that is the downside of being co-responsible in this "free choice" experiment (Karma and such) ... but at the same time you could search for "home" throughout the Universe not finding it ... because you decided not to see the beauty & uniqueness that is right here on Earth.

Let's say you go on space ships and travel to 1000s of planets with all their superior technologies it may never give the feeling you had when you lived here on Earth.
    • You probably first have to lose it, to finally understand what you lost ... having a genuine appreciation what is here.
    Maybe the biggest (spiritual) lesson is: How you let others tell you "how to think" and blame them later if things turns out to be (very) different, blaming them for acting upon it because "they said so" ... This includes: religions, scientism, cults, belief-systems, agenda2030, group think, herd mentality etc. etc. and I assume that is part of what Avalonians do here ... to take much more responsibility for your own quality of thinking and act accordingly.

cheers,
    October 21st, 2021
    Totally agree with you John.
    I’m glad I got to experience it here. It’s a beautiful rock!
    When I had past life regression I seen 2 previous lives here on earth and one somewhere else.
    I’m still trying to work out was that home and I’m just incarnating here over again for some reason or is this home and I just fancied a change one time!

When I said maybe the religious leaders are the aliens, I was more referring to them as potentially not being born here but, well dropping in, so to speak.
    Along with some royals and CEO’s and the like.
    A lot of them clearly aren’t serving any god that we connect with...not with the atrocities they commit under the guise of holy men...

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

Blacklight43 (21st October 2021), ExomatrixTV (21st October 2021), Franny (15th January 2022), Heart to heart (21st October 2021), Icare (15th January 2022), mojo (21st October 2021), rgray222 (5th November 2021)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

It all just made me think about “second coming” and “no one knows the time.., not even the angels in the highest heaven”,
    the fear of our current “civil and military” governments of any such
    and subversive efforts of human agencies
    rarely discussed, in order to hunt down possible ETs
    and humans with psychic powers.

Even though and due to latest scientific developments on the Planet, in favour of promoting and preserving greater biological diversity of human species,
    there will be and needs to be calls made and heard in order to protect all such kinds of diverse individuals from extinction.

It reminded me of “Waiting for Godot” in the famous Samuels Beckett play because no one exactly know what is it they are waiting around and about and whether it’s good for them 😂
    But if they thought it’s not good for them they’d not make such a fuss about it .

Om 🙏

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Blacklight43 (26th October 2021), ExomatrixTV (25th October 2021), Franny (15th January 2022), Kryztian (25th October 2021), rgray222 (5th November 2021)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

A question to ponder regarding religion and Aliens.

Did Jesus die on the cross on every planet inhabited with intelligent life?

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Agape (29th October 2021), Franny (15th January 2022), Gracy (26th October 2021), palehorse (29th October 2021)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)

• I don't think there is any theological reason why the word becoming flesh can not have happened more than once in the history of the universe. However, I imagine that other intelligent civilizations have devised other methods for creating a excrutiating public death other than crucifixion.

• I believe in the Mormon cosmology. Jesus may have visited other planets.

But, if Jesus has not yet an appearance in other parts of the universe, there are many, many missionaries waiting to go jump into a spacecraft with a bible and spread the Good News throughout the universe. The Jehovah's Witnesses have pretty much covered every neighborhood many times over with diminishing success and the idea that there is a universe out there of souls that have yet to have a copy of "The Watchtower" handed would be fabulous news to them. The Gideons International would charter a mother ship and fill it with copies of the Bible translated into Pleadian, Reptillian, Mantid, Klingon, and other languages and distribute them to hotel rooms throughout the Orion constellation and other parts of the galaxy. Pope Francis has already stated that he would baptize aliens, and there are probably secret plans in the basement of the Vatican to building churches and cathedrals that would accommodate other intelligent being so that they can fulfill their Sunday and Holy Day obligations and of course mail them there donation envelopes.

But why should Christianity be just limited to this galaxy? After 2,000 years our planet still has about 5 billion souls that have not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior. That's 5 billion Earthly souls going to hell (or at least purgatory if you are Roman Catholic), the way some Christian's see it, or more, if you think only your particular denomination is capable of attaining salvation. But when you factor in all the other planets around all the other stars in our galaxy, and all the other galaxies, there must be quadrillions and quintillions of souls in hell. There is a lot of work to be done. Do you really think aliens are coming here to save us, or perhaps they need us to save them! Grab a bible, board a space ship and get ready to accelerate the evangelization process exponentially!
    "If seeds in the black earth can turn into such beautiful roses, what might not the heart of man become in its long journey toward the stars?"
    --- G.K. Chesterton

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Agape (29th October 2021), Bluegreen (26th October 2021), palehorse (29th October 2021), rgray222 (26th October 2021)

35. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)

But why should Christianity be just limited to this galaxy? After 2,000 years our planet still has about 5 billion souls that have not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior.
    I was not really confining this question to Jesus only, sorry for not being clear. My question was more along the lines of.............Does every planet inhabited with intelligent life have a Jesus, Buddah, Allah, Yahweh, Zues, Inari, Tianzhu etc?

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Agape (29th October 2021), Bluegreen (26th October 2021), Kryztian (27th October 2021), Mari (15th January 2022), palehorse (29th October 2021)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)

But why should Christianity be just limited to this galaxy? After 2,000 years our planet still has about 5 billion souls that have not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior.
    I was not really confining this question to Jesus only, sorry for not being clear. My question was more along the lines of.............Does every planet inhabited with intelligent life have a Jesus, Buddah, Allah, Yahweh, Zues, Inari, Tianzhu etc?

I would suggest something in line with the oldest Vedic and Buddhist cosmology here that’s closely related to concepts of the universe found in Zoroastrism , predated by Egyptian way of explaining the Bigger Universe and where intelligent life is concerned.

Commonly shared beliefs and scriptural records suggest that despite the fact there are Universally accepted Principles of ethical and moral conduct called Dharma by our ancient seers, for example, from Sanskrit root -drk, to hold and meaning both Law and later also religious law, now almost solely used to denote spiritual or religious path by following its Principles , called also “Sanatana Dharma” : “the Eternal - read also universally applicable law”,
    that basically conveys the same Ten Commandments Moses received in revelation on Sinai , continued to stand in the very heart of Christianity
    the same way virtues, Graces and ten Paramitas - virtuous vows are observed in other traditions,

with vows of non-violence, truthfulness and so forth,

even though on Universal scale such Principles
    have hundreds of subsections and applications may vary ,

they are observed in Dharma worlds - Lawful Civilisations we may say today

while and simultaneously there are also countless Adharma worlds where observation of ethical Principles declined or has never been introduced right on time, Rogue Civilisations of uncertain origin,

and there are mixed worlds , those with cyclical existence which less or more fortunately counts in this Planet with its cataclysmic time cycles when humans are capable and knowledgeable of the Lawful Principles

at the beginning of each cycle but their moral so also emotional and intelligence capacity suffers decline at the end of each cycle.

Note: that’s how we find our experience here so controversial or paradoxical, in my opinion however we have no option than to abide by the highest available to us Universal Principle to fix about anything here(.).

In fact, observation - adherence to these Universal Principles is a final determinant of maturity of any intelligent civilisation.

As I’ve said to my nearly ( enlightened) friend recently:”No, you(we) can’t be even “little evil””.

Those named teachers and many more appeared to various cultures around the planet at times when people were ready to uphold - re-uptake if you may- moral principles that enabled them - opened the doors- to higher intelligence and consciousness.

People repeatedly left idol worship, animal worship and sacrifices , even human sacrifices behind when introduced to Universal Principles.

One of the commandments given to them but one they always tried to skip was “don’t create images of God or the Prophet”.

Jesus did not ask them to create themselves a cross and put it on their shoulders to carry.

Buddha implicitly advised against creating his “idols” and statues and worshipping them.

Ask about the rest of the party and whether they really wanted to end up hanging on fancy room decors or worse.

All of them commonly understood themselves as messengers of the Law that is Universal Law.

Are they now teaching on other Planets ? Why not. For sure. Neither claimed to be quite dead but rather gone ...and going .

Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate Bodhi Svaha

Using the “upper aperture” they’ve self liberated from here at the end of the story.

We were introduced ..
    ...it completely depends on us how far we can follow

It’s a hard job here, did I say that.

🙏😢💫
    ( keep smiling)

PS: No, why would one have to unless people’s evolution was not on that level. Hundreds of people were reportedly crucified every week day by Romans that’s till the rebellion lasted.

To this day, people perform extreme acts of Truth but in cases like Jesus , I suppose ...
    he’s been pardoned after experiencing what he came here to learn after all, quite like Buddha and the rest of all of us, the intense pain of human suffering, betrayal , the moment of darkness. The truth of this particular world ..

They are all long lived [i believe] and living peaceful and dignified lives , teaching on higher planes that is more evolved - read less dramatic - civilisations than ours.

May there Be Peace Unto Them

🙏🌟🙏
    Last edited by Agape; 29th October 2021 at 12:18.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Franny (16th January 2022), palehorse (29th October 2021), rgray222 (5th November 2021)

39. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

one of the best thought provoking speculation I like to dig into sometimes..

there is nothing that says except our own experience as phenomena that arises and die every fraction of time, that it has to be a physical body in order to exist, it is an acceptable general rule that no one question, right? well we do question

For a moment try to break from the conventional artificial paradigm of software/hardware questions which exist based on our own existence.
    Can a software exist without a hardware? Can a thought exist without a brain? Does data exist without a physical storage? Can light exist without darkness? Think again..

Software being an abstract pattern, it can exist without hardware or physical device per se (excluding the brain here), an algorithm that can exist only in thoughts for example, but in order to that thought arises it has to be a brain, ok.. going further imagine after death, there is no brain anymore (it is decomposed by now), but if (huge IF here) our "consciousness" about what we really are in essence as souls/ghosts/demons/aliens/spirits/vital energies or whatever it is named never cease to exist after death, that software could still exist as a phenomena without a hardware in post-death realm. (speculation here).

I wrote it to point that aliens could be living here since forever without a physical body, and the religious leaders would just play along like they always do of course distorting the truth to their own interests.

There is quite a lot of things that we don't know and probably will never know as humans, I am just playing along and learning what I can, but there is so many questions without answers and a way more manipulative ideologies than anything else, religion play a very important role on this thing, just try to get inside a church and say that you had a visit from an E.T. last night, they will say you were possessed by a demon or maybe they will boot you out or call the cops!

That would be a big take to assume we are the most evolved race on universe, I pass this one, because I do not believe we are, not a for a second.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Agape (30th October 2021), mojo (29th October 2021), rgray222 (5th November 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast