Thread: "Truth Social" - Trump launches social media platform

1. Link to Post #1
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,492 times in 4,308 posts

Default "Truth Social" - Trump launches social media platform

PRESIDENT TRUMP CREATES TRUMP MEDIA & TECHNOLOGY GROUP 'TO STAND UP TO THE TYRANNY OF BIG TECH'

President Donald J. Trump has revealed dominating plans to compete with the radical left media with the formation of Trump Media & Technology Group.

Trump Media & Technology Group, which is chaired by President Trump, has merged with Digital World Acquisition Corp. to become a publicly listed company with a potential valuation of up to $1.7 billion, a Wednesday press release from TMTG states.

The media company intends to “create a rival to the liberal media consortium and fight back against the ‘Big Tech’ companies of Silicon Valley, which have used their unilateral power to silence opposing voices in America,” the statement explained.

The first order of business for TMTG will be to roll out a new social media platform called “TRUTH Social,” which President Trump said will “stand up to the tyranny of Big Tech.”

“I created TRUTH Social and TMTG to stand up to the tyranny of Big Tech. We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter, yet your favorite American President has been silenced,” the 45th president added.

“This is unacceptable. I am excited to send out my first TRUTH on TRUTH Social very soon,” said Trump. “TMTG was founded with a mission to give a voice to all. I’m excited to soon begin sharing my thoughts on TRUTH Social and to fight back against Big Tech.”

“Everyone asks me why doesn’t someone stand up to Big Tech? Well, we will be soon!” he teased.

TRUTH Social will be launched in early 2022. Future users can sign up to get on the invite list at www.truthsocial.com.

In addition to a new social media platform, TMTG will also “launch a subscription video on demand service (TMTG+). TMTG+ will feature ‘non-woke’ entertainment programming, news, podcasts, and more.”

President Trump’s latest move sends a powerful message to Big Tech platforms which continue to silence and suppress alternate viewpoints that their days are numbered. Not only is he pursuing legal action against them, but he is also moving to compete with them on their own turf.

When TRUTH Social is officially launched, millions of people worldwide will flock to the platform where they will not be censored for holding an alternative viewpoint to the mainstream narrative.

https://rsbnetwork.com/news/presiden...y-of-big-tech/

Interesting. Trump alone perhaps has the business clout to pull this off. It's a potentially dangerous move though. He'd still be a pretty small fish in a large, dangerous pond. It also remains to be seen how popular it would be, given the monopoly of existing platforms.

I do look forward to hearing what 'TRUTHs' President Trump has to share with us...but will this end up as just another echo chamber, this time for Trump supporters, Conservatives, and Libertarians - or will ALL voices and opinions be accepted?
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

2. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

avid (21st October 2021), Bill Ryan (21st October 2021), boja (21st October 2021), ClearWater (21st October 2021), Deux Corbeaux (21st October 2021), East Sun (21st October 2021), Ernie Nemeth (21st October 2021), Ewan (21st October 2021), ExomatrixTV (21st October 2021), fifi (22nd October 2021), Gemma13 (21st October 2021), gini (21st October 2021), Gracy (21st October 2021), Harmony (22nd October 2021), Heart to heart (21st October 2021), Icare (24th October 2021), Ioneo (21st October 2021), iota (21st October 2021), JoePiscapo (30th September 2022), Kryztian (21st October 2021), Mercedes (22nd October 2021), mountain_jim (22nd October 2021), palehorse (21st October 2021), Pam (21st October 2021), Peace in Oz (22nd October 2021), Sadieblue (21st October 2021), Snoweagle (23rd October 2021), Stephanie (23rd October 2021), TelosianEmbrace (23rd October 2021), toppy (21st October 2021), TraineeHuman (22nd October 2021), Vicus (21st October 2021), Violet3 (22nd October 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Blacklight43's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,900 times in 245 posts

Default Re: "Truth Social" - Trump launches social media platform

I just put my name on the list. My twitter acct. was suspended last year and FB keeps taking my posts down...I accuse them of being afraid of the truth!

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Blacklight43 For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (21st October 2021), iota (21st October 2021), Kryztian (21st October 2021), melissanederland (21st October 2021), Mercedes (22nd October 2021), mountain_jim (22nd October 2021), palehorse (21st October 2021), Pam (21st October 2021), Peace in Oz (22nd October 2021), TelosianEmbrace (23rd October 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    I do look forward to hearing what 'TRUTHs' President Trump has to share with us...but will this end up as just another echo chamber, this time for Trump supporters, Conservatives, and Libertarians - or will ALL voices and opinions be accepted?
    That was precisely my first reaction/question Star Mariner, glad you brought it up! Because if it DOES just wind up being a pro Trump, red state echo chamber, especially if because anti Trump sentiments are being weeded out, then the platform proves to be no better than Twitter.

In which case he can just stfu about censorship, eh?

I’m a free speech absolutest, leaning heavily on the side of more speech is the answer to “bad/dangerous speech” not the shutting down of “bad/dangerous speech”. I was totally against his banning from any, and all platforms.
    Last edited by Gracy; 21st October 2021 at 15:11.

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Just another way the social media is being polarized between left and right. The "right" is leaving for Gab and Parler and now "Trumpbook", while the left is remaining on Facebook and Twitter. Soon the left will say "Thank Goodness those unpleasant Trumpers have left us. Thank you corporate media for censorship" and blame the right for all the woes of the world, meanwhile the right can celebrate their free speech where the preach to the choir in their echo chamber and blame the left for everything. In the meantime, the unseen people/entities pulling all the strings can laugh at the two halves of humanity blaming, each blaming the other half while they continue to rob us, jab us, track us and find new technologies to trap us.
    "If seeds in the black earth can turn into such beautiful roses, what might not the heart of man become in its long journey toward the stars?"
    --- G.K. Chesterton

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

fifi (22nd October 2021), gini (21st October 2021), Gracy (21st October 2021), Journeyman (21st October 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (21st October 2021), Mercedes (22nd October 2021), Odons02 (21st October 2021), palehorse (21st October 2021), Pam (21st October 2021), Sue (Ayt) (22nd October 2021)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    Just another way the social media is being polarized between left and right. The "right" is leaving for Gab and Parler and now "Trumpbook", while the left is remaining on Facebook and Twitter. Soon the left will say "Thank Goodness those unpleasant Trumpers have left us. Thank you corporate media for censorship" and blame the right for all the woes of the world, meanwhile the right can celebrate their free speech where the preach to the choir in their echo chamber and blame the left for everything. In the meantime, the unseen people/entities pulling all the strings can laugh at the two halves of humanity blaming, each blaming the other half while they continue to rob us, jab us, track us and find new technologies to trap us.
    The "woke" level of the left needs opposition in order to continue the victimization and cancel culture element of the culture. I guess they could still virtue signal and bring in unsubstantiated examples of the unwoke to criticize in order to continue to prop up their social structure. Without victimization, cancel culture and virtue signaling what is left?

I do agree with Gracy that any form of censorship other than requiring common courtesy would be a hypocrisy and would stifle any debate where people might find some level of common ground even if they don't totally agree.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

gini (21st October 2021), Kryztian (26th October 2021), Mercedes (22nd October 2021), yelik (21st October 2021)

10. Link to Post #6
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,630 times in 20,810 posts

Some (liberal) mainstream media sources already "counter" this initiative claiming that this new social media platform "got hacked" ... maybe it is true maybe it is not ... but the agenda of attacking any potential alternatives is super obvious.

cheers,
    John
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 21st October 2021 at 19:21.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Blacklight43 (21st October 2021), Elainie (21st October 2021), gini (21st October 2021), iota (21st October 2021), Kryztian (22nd October 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (21st October 2021), Mercedes (22nd October 2021), Pam (22nd October 2021), TelosianEmbrace (23rd October 2021), Vicus (21st October 2021), yelik (21st October 2021)

12. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    That was precisely my first reaction/question Star Mariner, glad you brought it up!
    You were the person I had in mind when I added that! I knew it would be your first reaction. And it really was mine, too.

I applaud the idea of a non-woke, common sense, or just 'free speech' platform, but if it's to be a purely pro-Trump clubhouse, attracting conservatives only, what is the point?

They have their truths to share, fine. But non-conservatives who believe in another truth will never get to see them. The fact the Trump owns it and will be running it is not exactly an incentive for democrats to join the discussion!

I can imagine the trolls are licking their lips though. When they arrive, and they will, it will turn into a slugfest. Then the bitching will start, and then the banning, and we're back to square one.

It could sell a good few bags of though.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

fifi (22nd October 2021), Gracy (21st October 2021), Mercedes (22nd October 2021), Pam (22nd October 2021), TelosianEmbrace (23rd October 2021), Vicus (21st October 2021)

14. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

The entire communist community will join, I can see that coming. lol
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

iota (21st October 2021), Mercedes (22nd October 2021), Pam (22nd October 2021)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

So here's an interesting "Company Overview", done with a slide show format.

They're making an effort to say all the right (pardon the pun) things, and for that I commend them as an olive branch starting point, but it doesn't take a weatherman to clearly see which way the wind's gonna blow.

Here's an example:

Frame 13 -
    Quote All Are Welcome.

Liberal Independent Conservative
    Frame 15 -
    Quote Galvanizing A Conservative Media Universe
    But that's okay, having any given ideology is legit, so long as they don't censor other viewpoints is fine by me.
    https://tmtgcorp.com/company-overview/
    Last edited by Gracy; 21st October 2021 at 16:52.

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)

In which case he can just stfu about censorship, eh?
    NO he cannot and does NOT "NEED TO STFU about anything

you see, he ALREADY HAS been shut up AS SOON as he got lawfully elected

which at very best was subversive but in frank reality was treasonous and ONLY either a complete delusional moron or saboteur (paid or not) would classify it as anything but DIRECT obstruction of the office of the President of the United States

his greatest failure was in not DIRECTLY addressing it and applying the HIGHEST penalty which treason provides for ~ death

because of the few that CONSPIRED to obstruct his presidency unimpeded THEN ENABLED them to PAY millions to common petty saboteurs across this great nation to promulgate subversiveness that was NOT/ IS NOT in the "best interest of the United States"

and THAT has ALREADY resulted in the death of multitudes WHO WERE INNOCENT

they were NOT subversive, lying evil dooers but rather ordinary good people whose mistake was to trust in the HONESTY of information received. They did NOT deserve to be caught up in the maleficent intent with reckless disregard to the lives OF innocent Americans

and history will bear out HOW MANY MORE will die in the current program that many believe is one of genocide.

so yea .. extermination of those whose crimes against humanity IS the penalty for the choices they have made ~ it WAS the appropriate and LEGAL remedy for treason

AND should now be extended to ALL who are pulling these strings behind the scenes cloaked in anonymity who conspire TO commit further treason as well as the HIGHEST legal repercussions possible for ALL who are INTENTIONALLY infiltrating groups such as here and will WITHOUT a doubt be infiltrating his platform

there is a difference you see between:

" I HONESTLY BELIEVE such and such and therefore have a GOD GIVEN right to express it"

AND

"i am hired and conspiring to defraud innocent Americans through intentional deception, writing and expressing NOT my OWN THOUGHTS and opinions but rather operating through a script handed to me by the enemies of this country and i dare say the planet"

UNTIL legislation is enacted AND acted upon to make it illegal for people to operate or intentionally DECEIVE and be granted free access to DESTROY and WEAKEN morale THROUGH DECEPTIVE INFILTRATION in an attempt to DESTROY a VERY REAL and POPULAR movement?

this country (and the planet at large) is doomed

secrecy and lies are ALWAYS the standard operational MO of cowards that KNOW very well:

NONE of their machinations would EVER stand a chance if presented openly in truth

so if you are suggesting, that either he is stupid to NOT realize the attack he will be submitted to? and with much more venom now that he no longer holds the power of the highest office in this land? and that he should just meekly endure it or as you so CRUDELY put it > STFU?

then i can only surmise you have an affiliation with those i just named because it takes NO "surmising" to ASCERTAIN your affinity

as i can go back to numerous of your posts where you have not lost ANY opportunity to put down and criticize this great country of ours

where EVERY single one of your posts has ALWAYS, CONSISTENTLY been 100% aligned with the promulgated social narrative AS well as ALWAYS heralding THEIR motto:

"remember people, you are powerless, there is NOTHING you can do"

and to EVERY theory we choose here at PA to explore?

" i disagree .. AND ..... oh, i don't think that is going to happen"

usually punctuated by marked sarcasm in a derogatory manner to members of this forum

so in the end it doesn't even matter whether or not you are in fact a paid provocateur because the FACT IS ... you promote their agenda and message as well if not better than the best of them.

many noticed i was absent for a bit, it was because ON the 4th of July TO AN AUDIENCE filled with members whose passion and support of this great country (even though i CAN pull up multiple posts of your assertions to the contrary)

you AGAIN, did NOT miss a beat and jumped right in to post something "interesting" that undermined the intent of the thread or ANY possibility that we, those of us who actually LOVE this country, might take a moment to celebrate WITH pride its origins

i WAS going to respond to THAT thread with "you just can't help yourself can you?"

but you had ALREADY dealt your little "blow below the belt" and what was NEEDED was a return TO THE INTENT of thread which was CELEBRATION, PRIDE in its ORIGINS

so instead i composed a post trying to inspire as best i could though i was seething and constrained by restraining my communication out of love and consideration for my fellow Americans who DO love this country

just as one would think that a moderator of a forum, never mind that it is a conspiracy forum, just ANY forum, would be inclined to do since THAT position ENTAILS SUPPORT of its members, unity, uplifting, forward movement of conversation

NOT to weaken the morale, divisiveness, as conversations are flowing smoothly for you to INTERJECT over and over and over again with derailing the common agreement of the discussion

even just a "nice" or decent person with any modicum of respect NOT even one holding the position of AUTHORITY and TRUST that a moderator holds? would be considerate and polite enough to say

"this conversation is not for me ... i'm going to leave them be .. after all i've ALREADY expressed in EVERY Single one of my posts the official narrative that is in direct opposition to the beliefs held by members of a conspiracy forum

so its not like they don't know, .... i don't HAVE to massacre them EACH and EVERY time."

but THAT would be the thoughts of a decent, respectful, considerate person NOT a liar whose drive to be subversive truly cannot or will not "help herself"

liar because you claim to be an "empath"

i don't know if empath, is the new "it" thing to claim but i DO know THAT is a lie

again, in specific reference to your "inopportune" post of the 4th and EVERY single one of your posts prior to that one? as a REAL authentic empath

i can tell you that NO empath that has EVER incarnated on this earthly plane would be so callous

you do NOT lack intelligence

you KNEW we were ALREADY not just "hurt" but DEVASTATED as MANY here FIRMLY believe the election WAS STOLEN and are more than just a bit traumatized as we watch with incredulity and horror EVERY right and freedom being stripped from us

you KNOW this and KNEW it

and so again, there is NO "empath" who has EVER incarnated on this earthly plane that would be SO insensitive and callous as to NOT have the decency, consideration, respect to give us just a moment to celebrate in peace

WITHOUT interjection such as you did that felt like a blow below the belt

ANY empath would have intuited the impact of her posts

and so again, i assert LIAR as the same intuition WOULD have come up with the previous hundred posts as well

and JUST in case, your "empathic" intuition was somehow not functioning quite right?
    you didn't have to

you did NOT have to intuit

you were told. people outright expressed their desire to leave this forum BECAUSE of your LACK of sensitivity TO THEIR feelings, lack of consideration, lack of respect, lack of restraint and often outright aggressiveness just as a conversation was flowing smoothly in a forward movement

which your FUNCTION AS A MODERATOR would be one to support

NOT disrupt

and so many HAVE left BECAUSE of you

as i did ...

one would not imagine the desired objective of a moderator would be to get rid of members ...

now i'll put money behind my assertions of you ALWAYS following the official narrative promulgated by our enemies

so ... as i said? i left ... wasn't here

let's just take two basic topics OF the "official narrative" promulgated ad naseum by our enemies

Vaccines,

(which have caused SERIOUS injury and death ... even the very life of even the brother of one of our beloved moderators, Karen)

AND

Taliban

without going in search, i say you FULLY supported both

if i am wrong?

i will donate $500 to PA today

without even going in search ... i am willing to bet money .. .

FIVE HUNDRED dollars in fact?

that i AM right
    Last edited by iota; 22nd October 2021 at 03:20. Reason: grammar, format and clarity
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Blacklight43 (21st October 2021), lilac (21st October 2021), lisalu (22nd October 2021)

19. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    Some (liberal) mainstream media sources already "counter" this initiative claiming that this new platform "got hacked" ... maybe it is true maybe it is not ... but the agenda of attacking any potential alternatives is super obvious.

cheers,
    John
    agreed

so the issue that WILL be promulgated of his legitimate actions to counter this WILL be MARKETED/SOLD as CENSORSHIP

but it is not

the issue is that there ARE deceptive, controlled opposition, paid sabateurs infiltrating and intentionally "Steering" and directing the Social Narrative

AND there MUST be something put in place to REQUIRE DISCLOSURE

Censorship would apply to honest opinions

CONTROLLED opposition, paid subversiveness, those whose SPECIFIC purpose is to undermine and disrupt ANY organic movement as an agenda?

DOES NOT fall under that

nor is it in ANY way appropriate to afford them ANY ability or RIGHT to manipulate, deceive and sabotage basically defraud Americans

i would further assert it to be a RESPONSIBLITY to STOP them

and gross negligence to allow their unimpeded continuance

for reference:

HOW COVERT AGENTS INFILTRATE THE INTERNET TO MANIPULATE/DECEIVE

"One of the many pressing stories that remains to be told from the Snowden archive is how western intelligence agencies are attempting to manipulate and control online discourse with extreme tactics of deception and reputation-destruction.

Glenn Greenwald
    February 24 2014, 5:25 p.m.
    (please note that in the 7 yrs that have passed? these activities have not only escalated in size, but in sophistication)

"One of the many pressing stories that remains to be told from the Snowden archive is how western intelligence agencies are attempting to manipulate and control online discourse with extreme tactics of deception and reputation-destruction. It’s time to tell a chunk of that story, complete with the relevant documents.

Over the last several weeks, I worked with NBC News to publish a series of articles about “dirty trick” tactics used by GCHQ’s previously secret unit, JTRIG (Joint Threat Research Intelligence Group). These were based on four classified GCHQ documents presented to the NSA and the other three partners in the English-speaking “Five Eyes” alliance. Today, we at the Intercept are publishing another new JTRIG document, in full, entitled “The Art of Deception: Training for Online Covert Operations.”

By publishing these stories one by one, our NBC reporting highlighted some of the key, discrete revelations: the monitoring of YouTube and Blogger, the targeting of Anonymous with the very same DDoS attacks they accuse “hacktivists” of using, the use of “honey traps” (luring people into compromising situations using sex) and destructive viruses. But, here, I want to focus and elaborate on the overarching point revealed by all of these documents: namely, that these agencies are attempting to control, infiltrate, manipulate, and warp online discourse, and in doing so, are compromising the integrity of the internet itself.

Among the core self-identified purposes of JTRIG are two tactics: (1) to inject all sorts of false material onto the internet in order to destroy the reputation of its targets; and (2) to use social sciences and other techniques to manipulate online discourse and activism to generate outcomes it considers desirable.

To see how extremist these programs are, just consider the tactics they boast of using to achieve those ends: “false flag operations” (posting material to the internet and falsely attributing it to someone else), fake victim blog posts (pretending to be a victim of the individual whose reputation they want to destroy), and posting “negative information” on various forums. Here is one illustrative list of tactics from the latest GCHQ document we’re publishing today:

Other tactics aimed at individuals are listed here, under the revealing title “discredit a target”:

Then there are the tactics used to destroy companies the agency targets:

GCHQ describes the purpose of JTRIG in starkly clear terms:

“using online techniques to make something happen in the real or cyber world,”

including “information ops (influence or disruption).”

Critically, the “targets” for this deceit and reputation-destruction extend far beyond the customary roster of normal spycraft: hostile nations and their leaders, military agencies, and intelligence services. In fact, the discussion of many of these techniques occurs in the context of using them in lieu of “traditional law enforcement” against people suspected (but not charged or convicted) of ordinary crimes or, more broadly still, “hacktivism”, meaning those who use online protest activity for political ends.

The title page of one of these documents reflects the agency’s own awareness that

it is “pushing the boundaries” by using “cyber offensive” techniques against people

who have nothing to do with terrorism or national security threats, and indeed, centrally involves law enforcement agents who investigate ordinary crimes:

No matter your views on Anonymous, “hacktivists” or garden-variety criminals, it is not difficult to see how dangerous it is to have secret government agencies being able to target any individuals they want

who have never been charged with, let alone convicted of, any crimes – with these sorts of online, deception-based tactics of reputation destruction and disruption.

There is a strong argument to make, as Jay Leiderman demonstrated in the Guardian in the context of the Paypal 14 hacktivist persecution, that the “denial of service” tactics used by hacktivists result in (at most) trivial damage (far less than the cyber-warfare tactics favored by the US and UK) and are far more akin to the type of political protest protected by the First Amendment.

The broader point is that, far beyond hacktivists, these surveillance agencies have vested themselves with the power to deliberately ruin people’s reputations and disrupt their online political activity even though they’ve been charged with no crimes, and even though their actions have no conceivable connection to terrorism or even national security threats.

As Anonymous expert Gabriella Coleman of McGill University told me, “targeting Anonymous and hacktivists amounts to targeting citizens for expressing their political beliefs, resulting in the stifling of legitimate dissent.” Pointing to this study she published, Professor Coleman vehemently contested the assertion that “there is anything terrorist/violent in their actions.”

Government plans to monitor and influence internet communications, and covertly infiltrate online communities

in order to sow dissension and disseminate false information,

have long been the source of speculation. Harvard Law Professor Cass Sunstein, a close Obama adviser and the White House’s former head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, wrote a controversial paper in 2008

proposing that the US government employ teams of covert agents and pseudo-”independent” advocates to “cognitively infiltrate” online groups and websites, as well as other activist groups.

Sunstein also proposed sending covert agents into “chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups” which spread what he views as false and damaging “conspiracy theories” about the government.

Ironically, the very same Sunstein was recently named by Obama to serve as a member of the NSA review panel created by the White House, one that – while disputing key NSA claims – proceeded to propose many cosmetic reforms to the agency’s powers (most of which were ignored by the President who appointed them).

But these GCHQ documents are the first to prove that a major western government is using some of the most controversial techniques to disseminate deception online and harm the reputations of targets. Under the tactics they use, the state is deliberately spreading lies on the internet about whichever individuals it targets, including the use of what GCHQ itself calls “false flag operations” and emails to people’s families and friends. Who would possibly trust a government to exercise these powers at all, let alone do so in secret, with virtually no oversight, and outside of any cognizable legal framework?

Then there is the use of psychology and other social sciences to not only understand, but shape and control, how online activism and discourse unfolds. Today’s newly published document touts the work of GCHQ’s “Human Science Operations Cell,” devoted to “online human intelligence” and “strategic influence and disruption”:

Under the title “Online Covert Action”, the document details a variety of means to engage in “influence and info ops” as well as “disruption and computer net attack,” while dissecting how human beings can be manipulated using “leaders,” “trust,” “obedience” and “compliance”:

The documents lay out theories of how humans interact with one another, particularly online, and then attempt to identify ways to influence the outcomes – or “game” it:

We submitted numerous questions to GCHQ, including: (1) Does GCHQ in fact engage in “false flag operations” where material is posted to the Internet and falsely attributed to someone else?; (2) Does GCHQ engage in efforts to influence or manipulate political discourse online?; and (3) Does GCHQ’s mandate include targeting common criminals (such as boiler room operators), or only foreign threats?

As usual, they ignored those questions and opted instead to send their vague and nonresponsive boilerplate: “It is a longstanding policy that we do not comment on intelligence matters. Furthermore, all of GCHQ’s work is carried out in accordance with a strict legal and policy framework which ensures that our activities are authorised, necessary and proportionate, and that there is rigorous oversight, including from the Secretary of State, the Interception and Intelligence Services Commissioners and the Parliamentary Intelligence and Security Committee. All our operational processes rigorously support this position.”

These agencies’ refusal to “comment on intelligence matters” – meaning: talk at all about anything and everything they do – is precisely why whistleblowing is so urgent, the journalism that supports it so clearly in the public interest, and the increasingly unhinged attacks by these agencies so easy to understand. Claims that government agencies are infiltrating online communities and engaging in “false flag operations” to discredit targets are often dismissed as conspiracy theories, but these documents leave no doubt they are doing precisely that.

Whatever else is true, no government should be able to engage in these tactics: what justification is there for having government agencies target people – who have been charged with no crime – for reputation-destruction, infiltrate online political communities, and develop techniques for manipulating online discourse? But to allow those actions with no public knowledge or accountability is particularly unjustifiable.

Documents referenced in this article:

The Art of Deception: Training for a New Generation of Online Covert Operations

CONTACT THE AUTHOR:Glenn Greenwald
    Glenn Greenwald

RELATED LATEST STORIES

AFL-CIO Leadership Tries to Block Affiliate’s Vote on Endorsing BDS
    Isaac Scher — 11:23 a.m.

AFL-CIO leadership cited a procedural rule to tell the San Francisco Labor Council it couldn’t even debate a resolution on BDS.

The Coronavirus Crisis

EcoHealth Alliance Conducted Risky Experiments on MERS Virus in China
    Sharon Lerner, Maia Hibbett — 9:11 a.m.
    Documents released by the NIH contradict previous assertions by the EcoHealth Alliance about its experiments on bat coronaviruses in Wuhan.

Morocco’s Intelligence Apparatus Fuels a Crackdown on Dissent
    Cole Stangler, Abdellatif El Hamamouchi — 6:00 a.m.
    Dozens of Moroccan journalists were listed as potential targets of NSO Group’s Pegasus spyware — just one instrument in the kingdom’s expanding surveillance toolbox.

source: https://theintercept.com/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/

its ok ... doesn't have to be so serious

we just have to get REAL, operate in Truth and REFUSE to be subjected to any of the things listed above ..

i have signed up for Trump's platform

so ....
    Last edited by iota; 22nd October 2021 at 05:01. Reason: adding refernces and images

so that any adversary

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Blacklight43 (21st October 2021), edina (22nd October 2021), ExomatrixTV (21st October 2021), fifi (22nd October 2021), Icare (24th October 2021), lisalu (22nd October 2021), mizo (23rd October 2021)

21. Link to Post #12
    Language
    Thanks

reads:

Created on 2011-11-18
    Expires on 2023-11-18
    Updated on 2021-10-19

IP Address 212.102.46.9 - 620 other sites hosted on this server
    IP Location United States - Washington - Seattle
    ASN United States AS60068 CDN77 ^_^, GB (registered Jun 04, 2014)
    Domain Status Registered And Active Website
    IP History 75 changes on 75 unique IP addresses over 11 years
    Registrar History 4 registrars with 1 drop
    Hosting History 6 changes on 6 unique name servers over 11 years

--o-O-o--

I share this not because I think it is good or bad .. but to wonder who really owns that site!

The "truthsocial.com" is most likely connected/helped via cdn77.com
    • if true ... study this and:

cheers,
    John

ps: cdn77.com & truthsocial.com have the same IP-address ... weird.

source

Zdeněk Cendra on wikipedia & quora and here
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 21st October 2021 at 20:32.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Blacklight43 (21st October 2021), ClearWater (22nd October 2021), edina (22nd October 2021), iota (21st October 2021), Jad (21st October 2021), Mercedes (22nd October 2021)

23. Link to Post #13
    Language
    Thanks

Question Re: "Truth Social" - Trump launches social media platform

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 21st October 2021 at 20:47.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Blacklight43 (21st October 2021), iota (21st October 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd October 2021), Mercedes (22nd October 2021)

25. Link to Post #14
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

It seems original site was created by someone who is no longer running their business, a software consultant that created their account in 2010 on Twitter. The domain most likely expired and then was bought by Trump, because the Twitter account has not been updated since it was created or they deleted all their tweets, and also it still links to the "truthsocial" domain on their profile

https://twitter.com/TruthSocial

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

ClearWater (22nd October 2021), Elainie (22nd October 2021), ExomatrixTV (22nd October 2021), gini (22nd October 2021), iota (22nd October 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd October 2021), Mercedes (22nd October 2021), TelosianEmbrace (23rd October 2021)

27. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Preview of Truth Social. Looks very much like twitter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	truthd36b228c288a95c81ff61db0443e7f553e98d83b95401edf9.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	47693
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

ClearWater (22nd October 2021), iota (23rd October 2021), Mashika (23rd October 2021), TelosianEmbrace (23rd October 2021)

29. Link to Post #16
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,453 times in 571 posts

Social media sort of goes against the grain with me for several reasons. I looked at myspace at some point before 2oo4 when Facebook came out and was not interested. I was pushed by a girlfriend to try Facebook and that didn't happen until 2oo8. There was a point in time after that she wanted to 'exchange passwords' to each other's accounts and I thought she was loony. I logged in and told her to have a look. Not to mention the time she searched my entire hard drive looking for improprieties. She found a photo of an ex-girlfriend and nearly lost her mind.

Twitter? I thought this was absolutely useless for daily consumption. The one thing Twitter does great is inform of a major event globally with brevity and speed. But that is really all I can see. I am learning a little lately about data science and Twitter has value in this arena as well but I am not sure how people are really making money off the data.

Gab? I tried it. Basically a twitter knock off. I barely use it because the information is predictable and consistent and I do not seem to want to be inundated with the hard right, or the anti-semitics, or the trump lovers. I tried parler for a month and I thought that was garbage also, before it went down and after it came back.

I am grateful for Avalon. It seems like here, there is something for everyone. The demeanour of the participants is very relaxed and polite. It is almost uncanny how there are few problems and the people that cause problems are bounced pretty quickly. I think there is more truth here than anywhere, even though some topics are problematic for me to wrap my head around, like ufo's and aliens.

Truth social? I think it will be another cheap twit knock off and basically garbage computing. I think I will not sign on when it is open to the public. There are just some things one cannot unsee; and the truth is, it will be chock full of opinions. Which everyone has one.

Nothing beats talking to people face to face, even in this modern era.
    Last edited by JackMcThorn; 22nd October 2021 at 14:50.
    Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it. ~ Conor C. O'Brien [1917-2oo8]

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

1212is24 (22nd October 2021), Arcturian108 (23rd October 2021), ExomatrixTV (22nd October 2021), gini (23rd October 2021), Mashika (23rd October 2021)

31. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

social media is a cesspool of echo chambers and misinformation campaigns, i'd just stay away from it in general to be honest

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abc For This Post:

Anchor (23rd October 2021), ExomatrixTV (22nd October 2021), Mashika (23rd October 2021)

33. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

just hilarious!!!

and darn it!

should've gotten in!!

was SO predictable!

so that any adversary

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Arcturian108 (23rd October 2021), gini (23rd October 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd October 2021), Mashika (23rd October 2021)

35. Link to Post #19
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

It already got into legal issues

https://algulf.net/2021/10/22/social...tware-license/
    Quote The Software Freedom Conservancy, a nonprofit organization that provides support and legal services for open source software, said Friday that while anyone can use Mastodon’s code for free to build online platforms, they must comply with the license that requires the user to create their own source code. offers, which TRUTH Social has not.
    Quote TRUTH Social refers to its platform and software code as “property.” Unless it changes its approach and opens its code for users to view within 30 days, the platform will no longer be able to use the Mastodon software it is built on.

“The license purposefully treats everyone equally (even people we don’t like or disagree with), but they must operate under the same copyright licensing rules that apply to everyone,” Bradley Kuhn, policy officer and hacker-in-residence at Software Freedom Conservancy, wrote in a blog post. “Today we saw that the Trump Media and Technology Group ignored those important rules — which were designed for the social good.”
    Rebuilding that site from scratch with the features they want could take years, and possibly fail since it's not easy job. Most clones like that fail on the first to second year, and require lots and lots of money and a full team, working full time. That's why it's easier to just reuse something someone else wrote and rebrand

But they did not follow the license agreement, they picked it up for free, rebranded it, then claimed it belonged to the Trump organization and was proprietary, which is not at all

If they don't comply with license agreements, they will be sued, and it's a lost battle basically, because there's no way they can hide the fact this is the 'Mastodon' platform, but rebranded and slightly modified

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

ClearWater (24th October 2021), gini (23rd October 2021), I am B (23rd October 2021), iota (23rd October 2021), TelosianEmbrace (23rd October 2021)

37. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    It already got into legal issues

https://algulf.net/2021/10/22/social...tware-license/
    Quote The Software Freedom Conservancy, a nonprofit organization that provides support and legal services for open source software, said Friday that while anyone can use Mastodon’s code for free to build online platforms, they must comply with the license that requires the user to create their own source code. offers, which TRUTH Social has not.
    Quote TRUTH Social refers to its platform and software code as “property.” Unless it changes its approach and opens its code for users to view within 30 days, the platform will no longer be able to use the Mastodon software it is built on.

“The license purposefully treats everyone equally (even people we don’t like or disagree with), but they must operate under the same copyright licensing rules that apply to everyone,” Bradley Kuhn, policy officer and hacker-in-residence at Software Freedom Conservancy, wrote in a blog post. “Today we saw that the Trump Media and Technology Group ignored those important rules — which were designed for the social good.”
    Rebuilding that site from scratch with the features they want could take years, and possibly fail since it's not easy job. Most clones like that fail on the first to second year, and require lots and lots of money and a full team, working full time. That's why it's easier to just reuse something someone else wrote and rebrand

But they did not follow the license agreement, they picked it up for free, rebranded it, then claimed it belonged to the Trump organization and was proprietary, which is not at all

If they don't comply with license agreements, they will be sued, and it's a lost battle basically, because there's no way they can hide the fact this is the 'Mastodon' platform, but rebranded and slightly modified

darn it!!

and i was JUST gearing up to identify EVERY single infiltrator and launch a large scale campaign of exposure

cuz until we do? we will never be able to trust what we are told, what is presented to us, what is reported

Crisis Actors, paid rioters, paid infiltrators, MSM reporters intentionally lying, perpetuating fraud?

THESE ARE THE REAL "Domestic Terrorists"

and they are indeed "terrorizing" the people ~ ALL people in fact

committing FRAUD but with far reaching consequences

that are altering (destroying) the very fabric of society

and there is NO way it should be legal

tolerated or allowed to continue

but, as you were saying ....

so you think i should opt for shorting the stock instead of bujllish investment then?

Last edited by iota; 23rd October 2021 at 18:26.

so that any adversary

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Mashika (23rd October 2021), TelosianEmbrace (23rd October 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast