None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Default Re: "Truth Social" - Trump launches social media platform

Quote Posted by iota (here)
    Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    It already got into legal issues

https://algulf.net/2021/10/22/social...tware-license/
    Quote The Software Freedom Conservancy, a nonprofit organization that provides support and legal services for open source software, said Friday that while anyone can use Mastodon’s code for free to build online platforms, they must comply with the license that requires the user to create their own source code. offers, which TRUTH Social has not.
    Quote TRUTH Social refers to its platform and software code as “property.” Unless it changes its approach and opens its code for users to view within 30 days, the platform will no longer be able to use the Mastodon software it is built on.

“The license purposefully treats everyone equally (even people we don’t like or disagree with), but they must operate under the same copyright licensing rules that apply to everyone,” Bradley Kuhn, policy officer and hacker-in-residence at Software Freedom Conservancy, wrote in a blog post. “Today we saw that the Trump Media and Technology Group ignored those important rules — which were designed for the social good.”
    Rebuilding that site from scratch with the features they want could take years, and possibly fail since it's not easy job. Most clones like that fail on the first to second year, and require lots and lots of money and a full team, working full time. That's why it's easier to just reuse something someone else wrote and rebrand

But they did not follow the license agreement, they picked it up for free, rebranded it, then claimed it belonged to the Trump organization and was proprietary, which is not at all

If they don't comply with license agreements, they will be sued, and it's a lost battle basically, because there's no way they can hide the fact this is the 'Mastodon' platform, but rebranded and slightly modified

darn it!!

and i was JUST gearing up to identify EVERY single infiltrator and launch a large scale campaign of exposure

with the stringiest of consequences possible, maybe even MANDATORY jail time the very first time

because until we do? we will never be able to trust what we are told, what is presented to us, what is reported

THESE ARE THE REAL "Domestic Terrorists"

and they are indeed "terrorizing" the people ~ ALL people in fact

committing FRAUD but with far reaching consequences

that are altering (destroying) the very fabric of society

and there is NO way it should be legal

tolerated or allowed to continue

but, as you were saying ....

so you think i should opt for shorting the shares instead of outright investment then?

Problem is, the guys who own the software that is being used, may sue and they have all the reasons to win. If the software is taken down, then there simply is no site at all, and then they (the Trump organization) will have to find an alternative, or hire someone to build one. And this will definitely slow things down for a year or more. All the stock will be worthless in that case

But if they release the modified software for anyone to see, there is also downside, any modifications they made, may have security issues, and this may allowed them to be hacked soon enough once people can read the changes made

Hard situation to be in. If i was Trump, i would have hired the owners of the Mastodon software to make a modified version for myself, so they would keep a separate license since i paid for this modification, while also making sure there are no obvious security issues. Someone needs to tell Trump to hire a better adviser about these things, because whoever came up with this idea, didn't chose the legal path at all

The way this may go is, the 'Mastodon' software owners will say "pay us for a license so you can use this software without releasing the sources to the public, OR take the site down". Whoever working for Trump made the choice to basically steal the software, is going to get their head cut and the owners of the software are going to get a very nice pay day. At this point i think that's what's going to happen

Trump will get the license to make site public, without releasing the sources, but he will have to pay a lot now, and i guess a lot more than if he had hired the original owners in the first place
    Last edited by Mashika; 23rd October 2021 at 05:11.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

ClearWater (24th October 2021), gini (23rd October 2021), iota (23rd October 2021), TelosianEmbrace (23rd October 2021), Vicus (23rd October 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

just hilarious!!!

and darn it!

should've gotten in!!

was SO predictable!
    that was interesting...people got in and today when open market it went up 160 and they halt it causing lost of momentum...so freaking rigged.

im aware PHUN is associated with trump, i heard cdrt aswell but not sure..
    Last edited by apokalypse; 23rd October 2021 at 05:37.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (23rd October 2021), iota (23rd October 2021), Mashika (23rd October 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Quote Posted by apokalypse (here)

that was interesting...people got in and today when open market it went up 160 and they halt it causing lost of momentum...so freaking rigged.

im aware PHUN is associated with trump, i heard cdrt aswell but not sure..
    you are right and it is impossible to ignore for those who pay attention

our T. (here at PA) got me interested in GME so i was watching that and others for weeks as in ALL day so as to not miss the precise second to buy or sell

and in the conversation i remarked about the way EVERY morning AS the stock market opened they climbed and then immediately fell

EVERY morning

he hadn't noticed and remarked that he was surprised no one else had mentioned it

and one day ALL the ones i was investing in fell

but they didn't just ALL fall on the SAME day

they ALL fell at precisely 11:14 am

in unison

now what are the probability stats on THAT do you think?

and how does no one else notice? or pretend that they don't by not talking about it?

now, i pretty much relax, when they start to drop, drop drop?

i'm like "Cool! today is the day they go on sale!"

and buy, which sure enough the next day? they go back to normal price and i make a profit

oh .. and PS

whenever the movements are too large like that it is a common practice to halt all trading for about 5 mins and let things settle before they restart again.

i did not understand WHAT was going on the first time i saw that!

i'm going to look at ALL the companies associated with this

AND i'm going to see how to go about getting word to president Trump about what Masha just posted

AND i'm going to tell my attorney he will owe me a very nice Christmas present as do i have a HOT tip for him! hahaha!

Last edited by iota; 23rd October 2021 at 06:06.
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Blacklight43 (23rd October 2021), ClearWater (24th October 2021), ExomatrixTV (23rd October 2021), gini (23rd October 2021), Mashika (23rd October 2021), Vicus (23rd October 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,664 times in 20,818 posts

• Trump Launches MASSIVE MEDIA VENTURE to CRUSH Big Tech!!!
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Blacklight43 (23rd October 2021), iota (23rd October 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    Thanks

• A Huge Announcement:
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

iota (23rd October 2021)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    Thanks

• Former Trump Press Secretary Says Trump IS RUNNING For President In 2024:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

iota (27th October 2021)

13. Link to Post #27
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,502 times in 4,311 posts

Maybe something more in the pipeline?

Trump Jr retweeted:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rumble_announcementfe211a593257f8345290a3451063857444a220.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	47763

Don't know what this is yet, just speculation, but could Trump be planning to expand his platform by merging with Rumble?
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Blacklight43 (26th October 2021), iota (27th October 2021), TelosianEmbrace (7th May 2022)

15. Link to Post #28
    Romania Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Well, so much for free speech...

https://truthsocial.com/terms-of-service/

Quote PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES

As a user of the Site, you agree not to:

23. disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
    Not even FB or Twitter don't ban you if you criticize them.

16. Link to Post #29
    Language
    Thanks

• Jon Stewart DESTROYS CNN on Their Trump Obsession:

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ewan (26th October 2021), iota (27th October 2021)

18. Link to Post #30
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by Zamolxe (here)
    Well, so much for free speech...

https://truthsocial.com/terms-of-service/

Quote PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES

As a user of the Site, you agree not to:

23. disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
    Not even FB or Twitter don't ban you if you criticize them.
    I withheld comment on that one, in lieu of it’s not exactly clear, to me anyway, what that really means and how it might be enforced.

It’s vague. On the one hand it could be used as a catch all like how the police can and do use “resisting arrest” and “obstruction of justice” willy nilly, just to get at someone they don’t like with a wide net.

On the other hand, it could simply mean they don’t want assholes in there every day just screaming hair on fire “Nazi! Nazi! Nazi!” all the time.

So I figured to just wait and see like a lot of other things. If Trump’s looking to do this just to make sure his and conservative voices drown out more liberal leaning social media, while stamping out the opposition in his own venue, we’ll know soon enough.

And in turn if he does indeed just want a huge fair and open platform to truly facilitate a full marketplace of ideas, we’ll know that soon enough.

I have my suspicions which one of those it may be closer too, but again, we shall see.

19. Link to Post #31
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,502 times in 4,311 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy (here)
    If Trump’s looking to do this just to make sure his and conservative voices drown out more liberal leaning social media, while stamping out the opposition in his own venue, we’ll know soon enough.
    Everyone's invited apparently. Here's Trump's statement about the new platform, released today:

Name:	truth_social_TMTG-trumpstatement-1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	47767

Name:	truth_social_TMTG-trumpstatement-2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	47766

Name:	truth_social_TMTG-trumpstatement-3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	315.2 KB
ID:	47769

Name:	truth_social_TMTG-trumpstatement-4.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	47768

https://twitter.com/realLizUSA/statu...80259389902852
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Gracy (26th October 2021), iota (26th October 2021)

21. Link to Post #32
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    If Trump’s looking to do this just to make sure his and conservative voices drown out more liberal leaning social media, while stamping out the opposition in his own venue, we’ll know soon enough.
    Everyone's invited apparently. Here's Trump's statement about the new platform, released today:

https://twitter.com/realLizUSA/statu...80259389902852
    Thanks Star Mariner. Well of course that wasn't actually written by the big guy, he doesn't even talk like that, but it's understood he signed off on it.

Remember they also said as much in that company overview I posted? But it was also a mixed message:

Frame 13 -
    Quote All Are Welcome.

Liberal Independent Conservative
    Frame 15 -
    Quote Galvanizing A Conservative Media Universe
    I want this to be as advertised, I really do! But for all the complaining about cancel culture in that statement (and rightfully so!), I also haven't forgotten that this is still the man who ruthlessly cancelled Julian Assange, and a peaceful D.C. protest.

So once again I'm hoping for the best, and we'll all find out together, but I need more than proclamations to be convinced, the proof will be in the pudding.

And that goes for proclamations from any powerful public figure, not just DJT.

22. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Well of course that wasn't actually written by the big guy, he doesn't even talk like that, but it's understood he signed off on it.
    i wasn't aware that anyone actually does.

take Biden, it doesn't look like he's ever even seen the words he is having a hard time reading half the time

since THAT is a WELL established and KNOWN fact?

WHY would you bring that up?

can you please be CLEAR as to what you are implying or attempting to insinuate?

two other points:

1.)

the man is one of the most intelligent human beings that ever served in politics, OR held office of POTUS

PARTICULARLY, in comparison to the man currently occupying that seat?

the contrast is QUITE remarkable

this, as matter of fact, NOT "spin"

i don't think even members of Biden's party would attempt to dispute this

here, he is heard to proclaim, he doesn't evern know what he is signing

now at THIS point? the ramifications and possible repercussions are frightening

i think we can safely assume that. unlike Biden? Trump knew what he signed

but let's continue with the assumption you asserted AS FACT and CERTAINTY:

2.)

FACT:

Trumps's LIFELONG attention and focus to detail has been SO well established that to presume that EVEN a SINGLE word would be ALLOWED to represent him that in fact does not?

is really pretty preposterous and at the very least HIGHLY unlikely

this is just SO well established, recognized, recorded fact i have to wonder WHY would you make such assertions in that manner,? Can you please clarify?

and more to the point, for the sake of CLARITY?

can you please explainwhat it is you are insinuating or implying?

what is the purpose of that exactly? WHY?

but on one point you are right about the WAY he speaks!
    he is ABSOLUTELY much more elquent than that

hear him now... NO script .... straight from the heart, see how they just roll out with the ease of personal conviction of beliefs held in the heart

I want this to be as advertised, I really do!
    since when? and in COMPLETE negation of the hundreds of post for an ENTIRE year ALL CLEARLY pointing to the contrary

i'm sorry but you have NEVER given any indication to substantiate that statement, and quite a bit to the contrary

But for all the complaining about cancel culture in that statement (and rightfully so!)

ALL the "complaining" about cancel culture? you make it sound as though it were a minor inconvenience or silly to complain about

for the record? it is in NO Way limited to his statement

it is a FOUL point of indignatiy in the hearts of EVERY red blooded American who authentically BELIEVES and espouses the principle of FREEDOM. of liberty and justice for all.

it is not just a point of disappointment with us, it is an outright INDIGNATION that we ABSOLUTELY opposed AS we observed DAILY it being done to our president

and by default to us

So once again I'm hoping for the best, and we'll all find out together,
    there's that insinuation at the end, stated TWICE in case too subtle the first time, followed by RE-direction of focus in its implication

i've ALREADY CLEARLY stated WHAT we KNOW WILL happen here

i'm not clear why you profess to NOT know EXACTLY what will happen when it is no secret?

they actually TOLD us what they will do, it is impossible you missed it

ANd i evern told you:

if you are suggesting, that either he is stupid to NOT realize the attack he will be submitted to? and with much more venom now that he no longer holds the power of the highest office in this land? and that he should just meekly endure it or as you so CRUDELY put it > STFU?

then i can only surmise you have an affiliation with those i just named because it takes NO "surmising" to ASCERTAIN your affinity

was something UNCLEAR in my communication?

there is NOT a single person in this forum, and i dare say in America, on EITHER party side that has ANY DOUBT that the onslaught of attack WILL not just be present

but that it WILL be WELL organized for maximum effacy with MULTITUDE of infiltrators present in attempt to sabotage it

EXACTLY AS has been done to EVERYTHING else he has attempted

please see here for a CLEAR outline of plan by gov to place Infiltrators in ALL forums ~

can you please clarify why you would suggest his to be the excpetion?

have you NOT seen the video?

it really DOES ~ CLEARLY lay this all out
    Last edited by iota; 27th October 2021 at 08:19. Reason: typos, format, adding videos

so that any adversary

23. The Following User Says Thank You to iota For This Post:

Blacklight43 (27th October 2021)

24. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

Problem is, the guys who own the software that is being used, may sue and they have all the reasons to win. If the software is taken down, then there simply is no site at all, and then they (the Trump organization) will have to find an alternative, or hire someone to build one. And this will definitely slow things down for a year or more. All the stock will be worthless in that case

But if they release the modified software for anyone to see, there is also downside, any modifications they made, may have security issues, and this may allowed them to be hacked soon enough once people can read the changes made

Hard situation to be in. If i was Trump, i would have hired the owners of the Mastodon software to make a modified version for myself, so they would keep a separate license since i paid for this modification, while also making sure there are no obvious security issues. Someone needs to tell Trump to hire a better adviser about these things, because whoever came up with this idea, didn't chose the legal path at all

The way this may go is, the 'Mastodon' software owners will say "pay us for a license so you can use this software without releasing the sources to the public, OR take the site down". Whoever working for Trump made the choice to basically steal the software, is going to get their head cut and the owners of the software are going to get a very nice pay day. At this point i think that's what's going to happen

Trump will get the license to make site public, without releasing the sources, but he will have to pay a lot now, and i guess a lot more than if he had hired the original owners in the first place
    so ..... president Trump is now aware .........

ZDNET reports:

"Mastodon is free and open source software for running self-hosted social networking services. Anyone can use it, as Kuhn observes: "The license purposefully treats everyone equally (even people we don't like or agree with), but they must operate under the same rules of the copyleft licenses that apply to everyone else." But, if you use it, you must release the source code or make it possible for users to get the code; Trump and his cronies didn't. It's that simple.

The AGPLv3 is one of the less commonly used open source licenses. It's explicitly designed to ensure that the operator of a network server that provides a service, such as a social network, must provide the source code of the modified version running there to its users.

It's pretty simple really, but mistakes were made. Once made aware of the issue; however, the site was taken down"

source here

OMG! Masha!!

i know you won't see this til you come back from your trip!

BUT you were right on point!!! what a disaster! ...

i was SO elated at the possibility of Trump being the one to send FB the way of MySpace ...

well .... at least there's this

Last edited by iota; 27th October 2021 at 05:11.

so that any adversary

25. The Following User Says Thank You to iota For This Post:

Mashika (29th October 2021)

26. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,162 times in 897 posts

Truth Social CEO responds to suggestions of Musk-Trump Twitter talks.-Devin Nunes tells 'The Story' there were no secret talks, just public statements. ----7/5/22---5.35 min--

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

Nasu (7th May 2022), Reinhard (7th May 2022), TelosianEmbrace (7th May 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2