1. Link to Post #21
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Default Re: Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun That Kills 1 on Set of 'Rust'

Quote Posted by muxfolder (here)
    Next time this asshole goes on a leftist rant that guns should be banned, we can remind him how many people the others he's trying to point out have killed. Yep, that'd probably be zero.
    That's a good point! Might be time for him to lay off of the leftist anti gun crap eh?

But that's also why I question if this would have happened with ultra conservative Clint Eastwood instead, would we be giving him more slack?

I mean obviously Clint is way too smart and competent to do something so utterly stupid and irresponsible, but it's still a good mental exercise.

2. Link to Post #22
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 times in 159 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)

So, going back to what John Schneider told Newsmax: He didn't speak of the Hollywood union disputes, but it seems the firearms "expert" brought on set was scab labor.

Strike One!

She just told Alec "cold gun".

Strike Two!

Alec didn't think twice about that, and fired the gun unquestioningly.

Strike Three!

Negligence is certainly in play here, criminal negligence if you ask me. When someone dies because of negligence that's some serious s**t.

I purposely left out any woo from this story, as Joe Friday would say on Dragnet, just the facts ma'am.

But speaking of woo, I did want to end with kind of a nagging question from the back of my mind: If the actor who pulled the trigger was Clint Eastwood, rather than Alec Baldwin, would it make a difference in how you see this?
    Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge on this, Gracy, and confirmation of what is said in the John Schneider video. I believe the gun was handed to Baldwin by assistant director Dave Halls, not the armorer.

Interesting how the female presenter is suddenly keen to end the conversation when John Schneider insists this is not an accident. Did you notice her body language when he brings this up? But then, perhaps it really was a simple 'running out of time' thing.

Edit: I just saw this again, and noticed the male presenter did mention that they only had one minute left, so it seems my conspiracy nut brain ran away a little too much with itself...
    Last edited by Anna70; 26th October 2021 at 00:19.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anna70 For This Post:

Gracy (24th October 2021), muxfolder (24th October 2021), wondering (24th October 2021)

4. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Quote Posted by Tyy1907 (here)

Notice the picture they use of Alec Baldwin, looking all shifty. Sultans of spin at work.

Tyy! i'm going to start paying closer attention to you!

you've been "picking up" on things, subtleties even, well beyond the surface!

spin and all manner of deception, infiltration and controlled opposition is the most lethal infestation that has been unleashed upon unsuspecting innocent people around the world

none of the mandates for our enslavement could move forward withOUT that CONSTANT and relentless "spin"

i fear history will bear out the damage long after the destruction is complete

like here ... removing ALL the spin ... the TRUTH emerges indisputably

here was my contribution:

(as i posted earlier)

the ONLY gun i know actually "trained" to shoot on command?

is my neighbor's

and he's not spilling on how he trained it til the patent gets approved

most people i know can't even get one to "sit"

point being, guns don't act on their own volition, now do they?
    Last edited by iota; 27th October 2021 at 12:42.
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

muxfolder (24th October 2021), palehorse (25th October 2021), Tyy1907 (24th October 2021)

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,281 times in 1,435 posts

It's hard to know what 's really going on here, but it's a time honored tactic to smear an "unruly" individual as they have many ways to do so.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

iota (24th October 2021), muxfolder (24th October 2021), palehorse (25th October 2021), selinam (27th October 2021)

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 times in 911 posts

My deepest condolences to her family, her son, her husband, her sister, her parents her friends and colleagues. This had better change the abuse that the local, statewide union is well known for perpetuating, and what I see as the deep underlying illness that created the grounds for the loss of the life of this beautiful soul.

For those of us in that local union, those present and the multiples thereof who have left because of the abuse, the blacklisting of responsible members, the nepotism, the extreme pay to play atmosphere that productions have taken full advantage of, we see the real reasons for her death. Don't dismiss why and how this happened in the atmosphere of film production in New Mexico.

Oh, and watch those b.s. apologists repeat every stock lie at every junction where the union and the industry pays lip service, but rarely stands up for, safe and ethical treatment of all participants in every production. From the lowest paid p.a. (non-union production assistant) to the actors themselves we all know why any production, working in the state of New Mexico, felt comfortable enough to hire such an inexperienced person as an on set armorer.

The fact that there is an unconfirmed report that the same weapon was used at the site, even if away from the set or after hours, for live fire target shooting and that there were already two "accidental" misfires of the same weapon just before the tragic shooting were grounds for halting all production, firing the armorer and for the production to bring everyone, before the tragedy, into a very detailed, in-your-face safety meeting....no matter how long it took to go over the necessary step by step, person to person, out loud repetition of the protocol for checking each and every weapon......each chamber, each clip, each magazine visually checked by both parties and verbally noted....safety on, safety off....safety on until live fire, etc.

Never point a weapon, even a prop gun, at anyone, AT ANY TIME. Ingrained safety habits become life saving practices. As liable as productions are you'd think that they'd listen to all of the safety conscious crew members there are out there....yet, greed doesn't operate that way.
    And for anyone, especially an armorer to say to anyone, esp. an A.D., that any weapon is "cold"!!!! That never happens in this context, unless it did when an inexperienced armorer, an assistant director/a.d., BOTH did not visually check each cylinder with the next person handling the weapon before handing it over to the actor, and then going thru the same protocol with the actor.

There is a saying by New Mexicans about corruption in the state and it is, "Only in New Mexico....", which by the way Mexicans from Mexico say about New Mexicans and their politics, meaning the same thing. It only pisses off people here because there are so many good, smart and hard working and honest people here that the many examples of corruption STILL need to be faced and dealt with.

The armorer who worked with Robin Williams was asked by Robin why, with a six shooter, he had the actor live pull the trigger eight times when checking the loads while firing into the ground. The answer was that 6 were for the 6 chambers of the pistol, one was for the armorer himself and his responsibility for the safety of all, and one was for the memory of the unnecessary death of Brandon Bruce Lee who died as a result of an unchecked, uncleaned weapon discharging a projectile that killed him or, as noted, the result of the fragments of a .45 round being found in his body.

As the young armorer is a daughter of a highly experienced armorer in film, I don't doubt that nepotism has played a part in someone boasting about the supposed level of professional responsibility being used as a partial basis for their highly questionable employment, by a production, likely a line producer, that is morally bankrupt at least and criminally negligent when all is said and done. But that is the point.....It took a life, and that Living Love, that mother, that wife, that daughter, that friend, that treasured and appreciated work colleague is gone.

As I have very detailed contact with an actor who has fired a wide variety of weapons in film and t.v. work and who has gone thru the necessarily rigorous protocols of one of the most competent armorers in film, I see the hiring of such an inexperienced armorer, the presence of a highly compromised union membership and the lack of responsible production oversight as the saddest outcome of what greed can do to destroy the lives of a dearly loved family member. It took many people to stand idly by and not step up and not complain and not call the hotline to report the danger. The 24 hour IATSE Safety Hotline 844-422-9273 (1-844 IA-AWARE).

It's a very sad and preventable death that is a small opening into the state of New Mexico's film productions. It is a sick work environment where uncaring, greedy productions have increasingly exploited both union and non-union employees to save a buck, while threatening the lives of all on set by hiring inexperienced workers instead of waiting for the competent workers to be available. Some of us say "What union?", and we are being accurate.

I liken the imaginary union as the same fiction as the former safety organization here in the states, OSHA, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. OSHA IS AN HERB, and no longer a national department of worker safety. Especially now, when it has abandoned the proper use of PPE's by going all political Bi#ch. It should be sued for allowing any business to overrule it's safety recommendations, based on decades of science and millions of hours of worker experiences, on the limited use of masks.

Present and past members, who outnumber the present union membership by 2, 3 or 4 times (? or more), would do well to put up ads in the most circulated newspapers and weeklies in the state, like the Santa Fe New Mexican and the Albuquerque Journal, asking present local 480 members, 600 members, teamsters and others in film why they are going to leave and why they have left in droves.

If you want to know what real journalism IS NOT, watch how much is left out of the t.v. broadcasts when going on about this tragedy. The most prominent "investigative journalist" in the state, who most of us thoroughly appreciate for most of his reporting, has never done a deep dive into the immense corruption in the film union in the state and some of us know exactly why.

I would not bet that even the most independent of journalists in NM have the guts to go for that Pulitzer waiting to be written. It's not as if they are the tiny Rio Grande Sun here in Espanola, which has more balls than all of the other publications combined. This work place story, this invisible movie, this never ending series is the one that thousands of ex-union members, and many current members could write and all a real reporter would have to do is edit it. That would do wonders for healing the deep, deep state of corruption that created the atmosphere for just such a real tragedy to occur, for all of the lost careers, for all of the accidents, for so many of the drug overdoses, for so many of the lost relationships, all the direct result of greed.

Hiring an armorer who should have been fired on the first film she did, for handing a firearm to an 11 year old, was the first deliberate act of malfeasance from the producers on Rust who either didn't investigate her actions there, or did and ignored the danger that such an inexperienced and undisciplined armorer, with a proven unsafe history, presented to the entire crew.

If the scab, non union, "crew" that was hired afterwards was not union trained, even in a union as f'd up as this one, one I am presently a member of, here is a reminder...

No matter who you are or where you are, SPEAKING UP to prevent injury or death is something you SHOULD do. In our union training and in the contracts, even those written by the litigation avoidant productions, we are reminded that every single member of the crew,
    whether on their first day or their last day before retirement,
    whether on the cleaning crew for the restrooms or the above the line, highest paid employee,
    you have the right and the implied duty to speak out when there is a present or upcoming, possible danger to anyone. The union contract provides full protection for anyone speaking out, noting, even yelling out a warning in order to prevent injury or death.

Did the union crew who quit just before the incident leave just because of the low budget habit of cheap productions not paying for adequate housing or hotel rooms, making it a long drive to and from work thus increasing the possibilities of having an accident from falling asleep on the road, or were there other legitimate reasons that were piled on that made them pack up their gear and leave? I'll find out, as I likely have friends who were on the production.

Just about everything that could go wrong did, but at every step in the tragedy the safety protocols we know and adhere to in film production were ignored. Maybe it is because I know how unions should work, like the 891 in Vancouver where people "don't shuffle their feet or carry their hats in their hands like beggars" as prominent union local 480 reps and members in New Mexico do, where there lives a union that is highly responsible for it's members and where it is very hard for corruption to take hold and divert the real reason that unions exist.

I doubt it has been done before but those who know and have worked with me in the union might remember me calling myself out at a safety meeting for following the advice of my foreman to go ahead and shoot a nail gun when i felt it was unsafe. I did not mention him in calling out my mistake. Even so, and despite his insistence, I should NOT have fired that nail gun! I missed him, but I WAS RESPONSIBLE, either way. The lesson I was sharing was to always err on the side of safety, and saying NO is a good thing to do.

Until all crew members know that they all are personally responsible to speak up, all of the wrong doings on their work sites from abuse to death will continue.

There is so much more to the lives of those within and far past union membership that should be addressed. In my view this may be the last chance for that union membership to regain it's authenticity as a union.
    Last edited by Hym; 27th October 2021 at 20:04.

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Alan (27th October 2021), Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), bettye198 (26th October 2021), Bluegreen (27th October 2021), ClearWater (24th October 2021), fifi (25th October 2021), Gracy (24th October 2021), iota (25th October 2021), Nasu (27th October 2021), Pam (26th October 2021), selinam (27th October 2021), Sue (Ayt) (27th October 2021)

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 times in 911 posts

'Inexperienced’ Armorer on Baldwin Set Raised Alarm Bells on Prior Film

Filming was briefly halted on the set of 24-year-old armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed’s last movie after she allegedly gave a gun to an 11-year-old without checking it properly.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alec-b...il&via=desktop

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Alan (25th October 2021), Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), ClearWater (24th October 2021), Gracy (24th October 2021), iota (25th October 2021), Matthew (27th October 2021), Nasu (27th October 2021), selinam (25th October 2021), XelNaga (25th October 2021)

12. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Post Re: Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun That Kills 1 on Set of 'Rust'

it's still a good mental exercise.

How so?

what would be the purpose? and intent behind that suggestion?

you suggested it twice, couched in insinuation obviously directing towards a specific end goal in mind

please DISCLOSE ~ WHAT IT IS

why I question

But WHY?

WHY do you pose a question to which the answer is already contained in your post?

WHAT is the intent and purpose behind your insinuation?

I mean obviously Clint is way too smart and competent to do something so utterly stupid and irresponsible

but please allow me to answer

obviously the question was not posed to elicit an answer

but rather to REDIRECT FOCUS in direct alignment with the official social narrative

your post ended with a subtle insinuation

that undermines what was posted before it

providing an effective tactic to REDIRECT the FOCUS

and then just in case it was missed? you presented it twice,

the second time clearly placing at the CENTER of FOCUS

I did want to end with kind of a nagging question from the back of my mind:

If the actor who pulled the trigger was Clint Eastwood, rather than Alec Baldwin, would it make a difference in how you see this?

ANSWER:

of course it would. you KNOW this and KNEW it prior to posing the question. this is why when you would bait me to explain what "you didn't understand" i would ignore you

that is like asking, would it make a difference if:

an expert vs novice were the subjects in question?

similar question would be to ask if it would make a difference if

a CHILD pulled the trigger as opposed to an adult?

or as is the case here and so allow me to state the OBVIOUS:

YES, OF COURSE it would make a difference if

"outed social narrative spokes person" vs non agenda individual pulled trigger

EVERY detail is of import and it would take a most disingenuous agent to suggest that details are inconsequential and factors be ignored

please explain what is your intention and purpose in your insinuation

are you suggesting it prudent to just disregard details? deny their pertinence?

WHY would we do that, EXACTLY?

again, the question was inherently answered in your post by you,

so you utilized the question as a tactic to insert and insinuation with the intent to REDIRECT the focus

it is a common AND established practice of those engaged IN directing the social narrative

most here are well aware of that

in order to better understand you, in reading anything you post, the following questions are always pertinent:
    1. what is the purpose behind your post?
    2. what are the subtleties and insinuations that are interjected?
    3. and how do they align with the official directed social narrative?

it is like needing a codebreaker just to decipher your posts

reading your posts without applying these questions?
    [/COLOR][/I]

results in complete failure to understand WHAT your post actually communicated and the intent and purpose behind it

ETA:

at least since i shone the spotlight on it, the insults, condescension , sarcasm and derision basically undermining member in your posts occur with less frequency! you also seem to be exercising more restraint in your habitual insensitivity towars members, your unmerciful trolling, introduction of divisiveness, preventing conversations from moving forward ~ relentlessly for well over a year

ALL of that was was and DID have a negative impact, so i'm really glad it is in the process of change.

i keep telling members that WE ARE capable of effecting change .. "your new and improved" 2.0 is certainly a VERY welcome one. yet, no one has thanked me. and they should because there is no way you were going to change on your own as long as you had free reign to get away with it. and everyone was pretending it was ok because you are a mod which was unseemly, unjust as well as an abuse of your authority and violation of the trust placed upon you.

now if we can just address the subtle innuendos. insinuations, your perpetual steering of redirection BACK to alignment with the social narrative, changing of the script (your "opinions") right on schedule with the change of narrative in MSM?

maybe gracy 3.0?
    Last edited by iota; 27th October 2021 at 13:10. Reason: edited to add ~ ETA

so that any adversary

13. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,241 times in 3,168 posts

i dont understand this Armorer job. so your only job is to handle, load the guns and hand them out for the scenes. is it that difficult?

a gun is not complicate. a gun is dangerous , when loaded, but not complicated. its like packing a parachute in my opinion. you check double and triple check and you have plenty of time to do so

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

iota (25th October 2021), palehorse (25th October 2021), Tyy1907 (31st October 2021), XelNaga (25th October 2021)

15. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    i dont understand this Armorer job. so your only job is to handle, load the guns and hand them out for the scenes. is it that difficult?

a gun is not complicate. a gun is dangerous , when loaded, but not complicated. its like packing a parachute in my opinion. you check double and triple check and you have plenty of time to do so

others agree .. one comment i read made it quite clear

I don't care if three gunsmiths, two gun store owners, a world champion shooter and Clint Eastwood tell me a gun is empty, it isn't empty until I see for myself that it is empty. Guys like Baldwin are too used to having other people do everything for them. Some things are so important that you have to do them yourself. Checking a gun you are about to handle is one of those important things.
    what perplexes me to no end is the proclivity to ABSOLVE one's self of responsibility for everything

someone may put a gun in my hand? the choice to keep it, drop it, examine it or use it?

is then mine

we often behave as though someone else is responsible for the choices we make

which leads to the quality of life we enjoy (or not)

which leads to Freedom and Empowerment

or abdication of personal power, responsibility which leads to inevitable enslavement

people compartmentalize LIFE

attempting to separate what is going on externally from within

when it is, and WILL always be

a CLEAR reflection of each other
    Last edited by iota; 25th October 2021 at 01:37.

so that any adversary

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Alan (25th October 2021), Hym (25th October 2021), palehorse (25th October 2021), Pam (26th October 2021), thepainterdoug (25th October 2021), XelNaga (25th October 2021)

17. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It Wasn’t a ‘Prop Gun’: Alec Baldwin Shot a Firearm

That Was Being Used for Target Practice Off Set

BECKER REPORT:

"The fallout of the Alec Baldwin shooting tragedy has led to further questions about how a “prop gun” could have fired a live round that killed the film’s cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. Furthermore, another question that has gone under the radar is how the Baldwin shooting also led to the wounding of director Joel Souza.

It wasn’t a “prop gun.” It was an actual gun that was being used as a prop. TMZ reported on the development that sources close to the filming of “Rust” indicate that the gun used in the incident was also used off-set for “target practice.”

“The smoking gun that claimed the life of Halyna Hutchins might’ve been more than just an on-set prop — it was also being fired recreationally, even when cameras weren’t rolling,” TMZ reported.

“Multiple sources directly connected to the ‘Rust’ production tell TMZ … the same gun Alec Baldwin accidentally fired — hitting the DP and director — was being used by crews members off set as well, for what we’re told amounted to target practice,” the report added.

According to the BBC, a “prop gun” could mean a range of items, “from non-functioning weapons to cap guns… But it can also mean a real weapon, or one adapted for firing blanks.” However, Hollywood should ban the term from applying to actual firearms.

A disturbing 911 call shed light on how assistant director David Halls had given Baldwin the weapon that ultimately killed Hutchins and wounded Souza. Mamie Mitchell, the script supervisor of the film, made the 911 call for help, the Daily Mail reported.

“We need an ambulance out at Bonanza Creek Ranch right now. We have had two people accidentally shot on a movie set accidentally,” Mitchell said. As she is talking to the 911 operator she instructs someone else to make certain the ambulance has access to the road.

“Bonanza Creek ranch. We have had two people accidentally shot on a movie set by a prop gun,” she said. “We need help immediately. Bonanza Creek ranch. Come on.”

“It sounds like somebody else is calling for ambulances,” the operator said.

“Everybody should be. We need some help,” Mitchell said. “Our director and our camerawoman has been shot.”

“So, was it loaded with a real bullet or what?” the 911 operator asks.

“I don’t, I cannot tell you that. We have two injuries from a movie gunshot,” Mitchell replies.

“While the phone operator is inputting the details, Mitchell can be heard telling someone else: “OK, this f****** AD that yelled at me at lunch asking about revisions, this motherf*****.'”

“Did you see him lean over my desk and yell at me?” Mitchell said. “He’s supposed to check the guns. He’s responsible for what happened.”

The reckless incident, which occurred under the stewardship of the co-producer Baldwin, has caused some to wonder about how the weapon could have had live ammunition when he shot it.

According to the warrant, Halls told Baldwin the weapon was “cold,” even though it was loaded with live ammunition. Halls is a veteran of the film industry and has worked as an assistant director on major productions like Fargo, The Matrix Reloaded, and Reno 911.

“The gun Halls picked up was reportedly one of three laid on a cart by the film’s armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed,” The Sun reported. “It’s not clear at this time how many rounds were fired. Gutierrez-Reed, 24, is the daughter of longtime film industry armorer, Thell Reed.”

Advertisements
    Gutierrez-Reed has reportedly deleted her major social media accounts in the aftermath of the deadly shooting.

While the shooting is believed to be an accident, there is an ongoing shooting investigation into how such a deadly incident could occur. According to the publication Variety, which reported the tragic incident on Thursday night, the shooting was chalked up by the production company as a “misfire” of a “prop gun with blanks.”

Baldwin, who was visibly devastated upon learning that the shooting had led to the untimely death of Hutchins, willingly provided a statement to the sheriff’s office.

"While the production company involved claimed that there was a “misfire of a prop gun with blanks,” the Sheriff’s office indicated that it was “too soon to say what type of round was involved,” Variety reported. The Sheriff’s Office also did not use the word “accident,” the publication noted, leaving that to be determined by investigators.

“We’re treating this as we would any other investigation,” sheriff’s office spokesman Juan Ríos said about the matter.

“The prop was fired at Bonanza Creek Ranch, where filming was underway, the sheriff’s office said in an early evening news release,” the Santa Fe New Mexican reported. “The set was locked down while deputies began their investigation.”

“Attempts to get comment from Baldwin outside the sheriff’s office were unsuccessful,” the publication added.

In a statement to The New York Times, Rust Movie Productions said: “The entire cast and crew has been absolutely devastated by today’s tragedy, and we send our deepest condolences to Halyna’s family and loved ones. We have halted production on the film for an undetermined period of time and are fully cooperating with the Santa Fe Police Department’s investigation. We will be providing counseling services to everyone connected to the film as we work to process this awful event.”

Baldwin, who should again be noted is a co-producer on the film, has mocked Donald Trump and law-abiding gun owners about firearms safety in the past."

“I wonder how it must feel to wrongfully kill someone…” he tweeted.

More posts were unearthed by the Post Millenial.

There were even more.

read more here:
    https://beckernews.com/it-wasnt-a-pr...off-set-42668/

so that any adversary

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Alan (25th October 2021), cursichella1 (25th October 2021), Hym (25th October 2021), Nasu (27th October 2021), selinam (25th October 2021), XelNaga (25th October 2021)

19. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Halyna Hutchins Death: Petition To Ban Real Guns On Film Sets
    Races Past 23,000 Signatories; California Senator Vows Ammunition Legislation

DEADLINE Reports:
    Andreas Wiseman 8 mins ago

"A petition to ban real guns on film sets has raced past 23,000 signatories following the death of DoP Halyna Hutchins.

The change.org petition, launched by filmmaker Bandar Albuliwi, has accumulated 23,600 names after being launched Friday.

The petition states: “We need to make sure that this avoidable tragedy never happens again. There is no excuse for something like this to happen in the 21st century. Real guns are no longer needed on film production sets. This isn’t the early 90’s, when Brandon Lee was killed in the same manner. Change needs to happen before additional talented lives are lost.

“Please sign this petition and demand for Alec Baldwin to use his power and influence in the Hollywood film industry to make change and ban real guns on film sets.” Additionally, the petition calls for better working conditions on independent and studio film sets.

Growing calls

Calls to ban real firearms and ammunition on sets have been growing since Hutchins’ death on indie movie Rust.

On Saturday, Dave Cortese, a Democrat elected to the California Senate, issued a statement saying: “There is an urgent need to address alarming work abuses and safety violations occurring on the set of theatrical productions, including unnecessary high-risk conditions such as the use of live firearms…I intend to introduce legislation that would ban live ammunition on sets in California to prevent this type of senseless violence and loss of life.”

On Friday, ABC’s police drama The Rookie banned real guns on sets.

Meanwhile, Eric Kripke, showrunner for Amazon Prime’s The Boys, tweeted: “no more guns with blanks on any of my sets ever. We’ll use VFX muzzle flashes. Who’s with me?”

Craig Zobel, director of Mare Of Easttown and The Leftovers, noted on Twitter: “There’s no reason to have guns loaded with blanks or anything on set anymore. Should just be fully outlawed. There’s computers now. The gunshots on Mare of Easttown are all digital. You can probably tell, but who cares? It’s an unnecessary risk.”

Hutchins was killed last Thursday during production of western Rust. The DoP was shot accidentally by actor Alec Baldwin. Director Joel Souza was also injured in the incident, but was subsequently discharged from hospital."

source here

a letter went out to the cast and crew of the movie "Rust" informing the crew that they’ve “made the decision to wrap the set at least until investigations are complete.”

video posted here

i'm not really clear why they need a petition for this?

any studio CAN and SHOULD have banned real guns for sets just as a matter of course

to bring legislation in?

from my experience? they like to "Stick" things in there

so i guess that's where they're going with this

and we won't know until its passed, because of this tragedy?

not one legislator will want to be known for voting against it

i guess they'll hit payload with this one
    Last edited by iota; 25th October 2021 at 15:20.

so that any adversary

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Brigantia (25th October 2021), Nasu (27th October 2021), selinam (27th October 2021), Sunny-side-up (25th October 2021)

21. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,301 times in 4,083 posts

Rumours... wonder if it's true?

Has anyone else heard anything about this? Might be B.S.

Sorry if this is B.S.!

***edit update***

https://www.worldgreynews.com/detail...edophile-rings

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Alan (25th October 2021), Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), avid (25th October 2021), Brigantia (25th October 2021), fifi (25th October 2021), iota (25th October 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (25th October 2021), Nasu (27th October 2021), selinam (25th October 2021), Sérénité (25th October 2021), Sunny-side-up (25th October 2021)

23. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,085 times in 870 posts

https://www.worldgreynews.com/detail...edophile-rings

The director of photography killed by Alec Baldwin was attached to the controversial upcoming documentary about alleged pedophile rings in the entertainment industry”

***update... Snap Matthew
    Last edited by Sérénité; 25th October 2021 at 12:51.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

avid (25th October 2021), Brigantia (25th October 2021), iota (25th October 2021), Matthew (25th October 2021), Sunny-side-up (25th October 2021)

25. Link to Post #34
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,196 times in 21,082 posts

• Vigil held for cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, killed on ‘Rust’ set:

• Accident or Hollywood Sacrifice? Alec Baldwin Kills Halyna Hutchins on set of "Rust":
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Brigantia (25th October 2021), iota (25th October 2021), selinam (27th October 2021)

27. Link to Post #35
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,243 times in 942 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy (here)
    Quote Posted by mizo (here)
    Dukes of Hazard actor take on the killing -

I thoroughly agree with everything John Schneider talks about here, 100%. As a person who gone through both skydiving, and hand gun certification courses, safety safety safety has been engrained into my psyche, and there's something rotten here!

So the first thing thought that came to me upon hearing the tragic news, was obviously "how the bleep does that happen!!??"

Two things engrained in a conceal carry course, is 1) never point a gun at someone unless you're planning on shooting them, and 2) never hand your gun to someone else without first clearing the chambers, and demonstrating to that person the gun is now rendered empty and harmless. If it's a semi automatic, same thing just different: You drop the cartridge, and rack the slide to demonstrate that the gun is indeed rendered harmless.

There are no if's and's or but's to these two rules. I'll bet Bill can name a couple of very similar basics from mountain climbing. Whatever the field in question, there are both certain things that you always do, and certain things that you never do.

Without even knowing the protocals of firearm safety on a movie set, alarm bells went off seeing that Alec Baldwin was handed a "cold gun", and that was that. WHAT!!! Excuse me, that's the extent of their safety protocol? Something sounds verrrrrrrrrrry, not right there... even I as a layman, with just very basic handgun instruction, know as described above you never just hand someone a gun, and basically give a "trust me". No, there is simply no trust of anything any kind in a situation like that, and hell if I know how a seasoned actor like Alec Baldwin wouldn't at least know that as well!

So I found a veteran Hollywood firearms expert, and this article by him is very informative, if you want to know (as I did!) what safety protocols on a movie set are really supposed to look like, I highly recommend the read.
    https://ascmag.com/blog/filmmakers-f...-with-firearms

Here are a couple of snippets that stood out to me more than others:

Quote When there are firearms on set, you should be able to glance around and find an experienced firearms safety expert standing near the camera to give guidance to the cast and crew. We also sometimes stand directly in the line of fire, to provide a safe eye line for the actors. We stand in front of our work, and I would never ask an actor or crewmember to stand anywhere I am not willing to stand myself.

There is a saying that amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they can’t get it wrong. Handling the firearms on a film set should be as important to the cast and crew as the packing of a parachute is to a skydiver. After all, skydivers don’t get their parachutes packed by the amateur who finally got it right after 10 tries; they get them packed by the professional who has never gotten it wrong in 30 years.

It’s like hiring a cinematographer. Productions not willing to pay for a professional will be shocked at the cost of employing an amateur.

Quote “I never forget that if an actor makes a mistake, they get another take, but if a weapons handler makes a mistake, it will make headlines in the morning.”
    And this one is key:

Collaborating With Talent
    The best part of a career in film is the opportunity to work with so many amazingly talented actors and cinematographers. One of the highlights was teaming with cinematographer James Glennon, ASC and actor Robin Williams on the 2005 film The Big White. During shooting, I was fortunate to become friends with both — and I quickly found out that beneath the humor, Robin Williams never missed a detail.

Many of our scenes involved a revolver. Every day I would show him the empty firearm, load six dummy cartridges into the chambers so it looked fully loaded to camera, and demonstrate that it was completely safe by pointing it in a safe direction and pulling the trigger eight times.

Over the course of two months, he silently observed that I always pulled the trigger exactly eight clicks — two more than necessary for the revolver’s six chambers. Then, on our final day, as I was preparing for our last scene together, Robin asked me why I always pulled the trigger eight times. I told him my personal reason: “The first six are for you, the seventh one is for me, and the eighth one is for Brandon Lee.” The very talented James Glennon, also a skilled person with a firearm, nodded his head in silent agreement.
    So, going back to what John Schneider told Newsmax: He didn't speak of the Hollywood union disputes, but it seems the firearms "expert" brought on set was scab labor.

Strike One!

She just told Alec "cold gun".

Strike Two!

Alec didn't think twice about that, and fired the gun unquestioningly.

Strike Three!

Negligence is certainly in play here, criminal negligence if you ask me. When someone dies because of negligence that's some serious s**t.

I purposely left out any woo from this story, as Joe Friday would say on Dragnet, just the facts ma'am.

But speaking of woo, I did want to end with kind of a nagging question from the back of my mind: If the actor who pulled the trigger was Clint Eastwood, rather than Alec Baldwin, would it make a difference in how you see this?
    Awesome post!

But as Clint rightly points out, when it comes to guns, feeling lucky and being lucky are two different things...

Last edited by happyuk; 25th October 2021 at 19:24.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Brigantia (25th October 2021), Gracy (25th October 2021), iota (26th October 2021)

29. Link to Post #36
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

Something is also too timely, orderly, tied to the hottest dark issues, diversionary, triggering, button pushing..... etc.... and by actors. AND, the list of just as fake, TIMELY and even bigger total lie psyop events is getting very long.

This whole thing makes me notice that the conspiracy crowd is now easy to predict and use. They are now trained and will do exactly as expected when baited and have become their own category of exploitable gullibility. Has the conspiracy crowd provided the proof of death first before running off to the 'make connections' races? It will be telling if a funeral will be up-played or ignored.

Just saying. I suspect everything with any media/social impact these days.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Arcturian108 (26th October 2021), Brigantia (26th October 2021), Gracy (26th October 2021), Heart to heart (26th October 2021), Hym (26th October 2021), iota (26th October 2021), Pam (26th October 2021), selinam (27th October 2021), Sue (Ayt) (27th October 2021)

31. Link to Post #37
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by waves (here)
    Something is also too timely, orderly, tied to the hottest dark issues, diversionary, triggering, button pushing..... etc.... and by actors. AND, the list of just as fake, TIMELY and even bigger total lie psyop events is getting very long.

This whole thing makes me notice that the conspiracy crowd is now easy to predict and use. They are now trained and will do exactly as expected when baited and have become their own category of exploitable gullibility. Has the conspiracy crowd provided the proof of death first before running off to the 'make connections' races? It will be telling if a funeral will be up-played or ignored.

Just saying. I suspect everything with any media/social impact these days.
    that is VERY perceptive of you

we ALREADY know that what is presented to us bears little resemblance to reality

we've developed innovative research skills, ask all the right questions and arrive at accurate conclusions the majority of the time!

we're pretty much experts at:
    • "seeing through the mirage"
    • spotting what is obvioulsy "fake"
    • spot crisis actors almost immediately
    • look for connections between all involved
    • and checking out the veracity of information presented AS presented now is automatic

that's a bit too close for comfort for them, so they come in do ALL they can to undermine our efforts and confidence:

statements like "oh i don't think that's what's happening"

are designed to stop us in our tracks and deter us

we need to TRUST ourSelves more than an external voice seeking to undermine us

it is really difficult to operate in our personal lives operating from a marked loss of power and then suddenly be empowered on a public level

so we need to recognize what "weapons" are used against us. the intent is to undermine us AND what we KNOW to be true

let's stop being dissuaded or discouraged and recognize statements for that purpose

"oh .. i don't think that's what it is ... " followed by re-direction of focus

if, we have been "trained"? THESE were the methodologies utilized

when we refuse to relinquish our power personally?

it will be reflected publicly[/B]

we can at least apply some RE-TRAINING in order to decipher what is DEFINITELY being directed at us

we can look deeper to intent in ALL communications presented to us and ask:
    1. what is the purpose behind that communication?
    2. what are the subtleties and insinuations that are interjected?
    3. and how do they align with the official directed social narrative?

just as we've learned to apply these filters to what is shown in MSM? the need has arisen to apply them ANYWHERE they KNOW we obtain information

otherwise we run the risk of not just being deceived, but disarmed

we REALLY ARE smarter than they are

it is WHY they can only succeed if they manage to deceive us

Last edited by iota; 27th October 2021 at 12:36. Reason: shortened post for clarity

so that any adversary

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Brigantia (26th October 2021), Hym (26th October 2021), selinam (27th October 2021)

33. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks

New narrative protecting Alec Baldwin

quote:

Crew member: Alec Baldwin careful with guns before fatal ‘Rust’ shooting

Well, he wasn't that careful though, was he?

quote:

A camera operator told authorities that Alec Baldwin had been careful with weapons on the set of the film “Rust” before the actor shot and killed a cinematographer with a gun he’d been told was safe to use, court records released Sunday show.

Cameraman Reid Russell told a detective that Baldwin was rehearsing a scene Thursday in which he was set to draw his gun while sitting in a church pew and point it at the camera. Russell said he was unsure whether the weapon was checked before it was handed to Baldwin.

They're doing their best for someone else to take the fall..

quote:

Authorities said Friday that the assistant director, Dave Halls, had handed the weapon to Baldwin and announced “cold gun,” indicating it was safe to use. When asked about how Baldwin treated firearms on the set, Russell said the actor was very careful, citing an instance when Baldwin made sure a child actor was not near him when a gun was being discharged.''

source: FOX 8

here is the article:

"SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — The assistant director who handed Alec Baldwin the gun that killed a cinematographer last week had been fired from a previous job after a gun went off on a set and wounded a member of the film crew, a producer said Monday.

The disclosure emerged as producers of Baldwin’s movie officially halted filming, and court records showed that investigators seized more than two dozen items from the set on the day after the shooting.

In an email statement to The Associated Press, a producer for the movie “Freedom’s Path” confirmed that Dave Halls was fired from the 2019 production after a crew member suffered a minor injury “when a gun was unexpectedly discharged.” The producer, who asked not to be identified by name, wrote that Halls “was removed from the set immediately.” Production did not resume until Halls was gone.

His firing from “Freedom’s Path” was first reported by CNN. Halls has not returned phone calls and email messages seeking comment.

The producer is the second person to air doubts about Halls’ safety record. On Sunday, another crew member who worked with Halls said she raised concerns about him in 2019.

Maggie Goll, a prop maker and licensed pyrotechnician, said in a statement that she filed an internal complaint with the executive producers of Hulu’s “Into the Dark” series over Halls’ behavior. Goll said in a phone interview that Halls disregarded safety protocols for weapons and pyrotechnics and tried to continue filming after the supervising pyrotechnician, who was diabetic, lost consciousness on set.

The fatal shooting and previous experiences point to larger safety issues, Goll said, adding that crew safety was a top issue in recent contract negotiations between a union that represents film and TV workers and a major producers’ group.

“This situation is not about Dave Halls. ... It’s in no way one person’s fault,” she said. “It’s a bigger conversation about safety on set and what we are trying to achieve with that culture.”

A search warrant released Friday said that armorer Hannah Gutierrez laid out three prop guns on a cart outside the filming location, and assistant director Dave Halls grabbed the gun from the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin

In an email sent to “Rust” crew members over the weekend, the movie’s production team confirmed that work on the Western has been suspended at least until the investigation is complete. The team said it is working with law enforcement and conducting its own internal safety review. The production company is also offering grief counseling.

The email suggested that work on the film could resume at some point.

“Although our hearts are broken, and it is hard to see beyond the horizon, this is, at the moment, a pause rather than an end,” the email read.

The sheriff’s investigation continued Monday, and new court documents showed that authorities seized three black revolvers, ammunition boxes, a fanny pack with ammunition, several spent casings, two leather gun belts with holsters, articles of clothing and swabs of what were believed to be blood.

No charges have been filed. Prosecutors and law enforcement officers were expected to provide an update on the investigation Wednesday.

Moments before the shooting, Baldwin was explaining how he was going to draw the revolver from his holster and where his arm would be positioned, court records show.

The actor had been told that the gun was safe to use for the rehearsal of a scene in which he was supposed to pull out the weapon while sitting in a church pew and point it at the camera, the records said.

Cameraman Reid Russell told a detective that he was unsure whether the weapon was checked before it was handed to Baldwin, and he did not know why the gun was fired.

The camera was not rolling when the gun went off and killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, Russell told authorities, according a search warrant affidavit released Sunday.

Authorities have said that Halls had handed the weapon to Baldwin and announced “cold gun,” indicating it was safe.

When asked about how Baldwin treated firearms on the set, Russell said the actor was safe, citing a previous instance when Baldwin made sure a child actor was not near him when a gun was being discharged.

The affidavit released Sunday also included statements by director Joel Souza, who was standing behind Hutchins and was wounded.

It detailed the moments before the shooting and showed that there was turmoil on the set the day of the shooting. Several members of the camera crew walked off the production in a dispute over payment and lodging, Russell said, and he was left with a lot of work to do. Only one camera was available to shoot, and it had to be moved because the light had shifted and there was a shadow.

Souza said he was focused on how the scene would appear on camera. He said he recalled hearing the phrase “cold gun” before the shooting, the affidavit said.

He said the scene did not call for the use of live rounds. After a lunch break, Souza said he was not sure if the firearm had been checked again. Souza was looking over Hutchins’ shoulder when he heard the gunshot, according to the affidavit.

The film’s chief electrician, Serge Svetnoy, blamed producers for Hutchins’ death in an emotional Facebook post on Sunday. Svetnoy said he had worked with Hutchins on multiple films and faulted “negligence and unprofessionalism” among those handling weapons on the set. He said producers hired an inexperienced armorer.

Baldwin, who is known for his roles in “30 Rock” and “The Hunt for Red October” and his impression of former President Donald Trump on “Saturday Night Live,” has described the killing as a “tragic accident.”

wow! this man truly was arrogant in his ruthlessness ...
    Last edited by iota; 26th October 2021 at 05:29.

so that any adversary

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Brigantia (26th October 2021), Hym (26th October 2021), selinam (27th October 2021)

35. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 times in 571 posts

It was announced that the victim's next project was a documentary about pedophile rings. Hmmm
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

Brigantia (26th October 2021), iota (26th October 2021), palehorse (26th October 2021), selinam (27th October 2021), Tyy1907 (26th October 2021)

37. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

even Will Smith checks for gun safety

there is also video of Clint Eastwood doing the same

Last edited by iota; 27th October 2021 at 12:41. Reason: add image

so that any adversary

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Brigantia (26th October 2021), palehorse (26th October 2021), selinam (27th October 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 8 LastLast