Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun That Kills 1 on Set of 'Rust'

1. Link to Post #121
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,076 times in 869 posts

Default Re: Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun That Kills 1 on Set of 'Rust'

There is talk that Halyna was involved in something about to expose an elite peado ring, meanwhile Alec’s name appears in Jeffrey Epstein’s little black book...

Both silenced in one shot or sheer coincidence?

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (3rd December 2021), Pam (3rd December 2021), Sunny-side-up (3rd December 2021), thepainterdoug (3rd December 2021), Vicus (3rd December 2021), WhiteFeather (4th December 2021), wondering (3rd December 2021)

3. Link to Post #122
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

5 key takeaways from Alec Baldwin's exclusive interview with George Stephanopoulos

The star reflected on a fatal shooting on the set of "Rust."
    By Lucien Bruggeman
    December 3, 2021, 8:21 AM
    https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...ry?id=81519931

For the first time, Alec Baldwin discussed at length what happened surrounding the fatal "Rust" shooting and how he is grappling with the fallout in an exclusive interview with ABC News' George Stephanopoulos.

Several major questions remain unanswered, including how a live bullet wound up in the antique Colt .45 revolver that discharged in Baldwin's hand, killing the film's cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding its director, Joel Souza.

Baldwin's emotional interview cast fresh light on the tragic incident.

Here are five key takeaways:

Baldwin says he 'didn't pull the trigger,' and was following Hutchins' direction at time of shooting

Baldwin told Stephanopoulos that he never pulled the trigger of the prop gun, but rather cocked it. He said when he released the hammer, it unexpectedly discharged a live bullet.

During a marking rehearsal for a complicated shooting scene, Baldwin said Hutchins was directing him on what angle to position the gun to capture the best shot. Hutchins was directing his every move, he said, "Everything is at her direction."

"She's guiding me through how she wants me to hold the gun for this angle," Baldwin said. "I'm holding the gun where she told me to hold it, which ended up being aimed right below her armpit."

"So, I take the gun and I start to cock the gun. I'm not going to pull the trigger," he continued. "And I cock the gun, I go, 'Can you see that? Can you see that? Can you see that?' And then I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off. I let go of the hammer of the gun – the gun goes off."

"So you never pulled the trigger?" Stephanopoulos asked.

"No, no, no, no, no," Baldwin said. "I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them. Never. Never. That was the training that I had."

A lawsuit filed in mid-November by the film's script supervisor, Mamie Mitchell, accused Baldwin, who is named as a defendant in the civil suit, of "playing Russian roulette" with the gun by pointing it at Hutchins.

"There are some who say you're never supposed to point a gun on anyone on a set no matter what," Stephanopoulos pressed.

"Unless the person is the cinematographer, who's directing me at where to point the gun for her camera angle," Baldwin replied. "I didn't point the gun at her, and she said, 'Hey, man, don't point the gun at me.' I pointed the gun in a direction she wanted."

Baldwin says he doesn't feel guilt, but the shooting left a heavy toll

"Do you feel guilt?," Stephanopoulos asked.

"No. No," Baldwin said. "I feel that someone is responsible for what happened, and I can't say who that is, but I know it's not me."

Baldwin said he has succumbed to the emotional toll of what happened and the fact that Hutchins lost her life. He said he is struggling to get through each day and re-living the incident at night.

"I have dreams about this constantly now," he said. "I go through my day, and I make it through the day. Then I collapse at the end of the day. Emotionally, I collapse."

When he met with Hutchins' widow and 9-year-old son after Hutchins' death, Baldwin said the two men embraced. He said he was at a loss for words during their meeting.

"I didn't know what to say," Baldwin recalled. "He goes like, 'I suppose you and I are going to go through this together," he said. And I thought, 'Well, not as much as you are.'"

Meeting Hutchins' son, Baldwin said, invoked thoughts of his own children and how they adore their mother.

"And this boy doesn't have a mother anymore," he said. And there's nothing we can do to bring her back. And I told him, I said, "I don't know what to say. I don't know how to convey to you how sorry I am."

As investigation marches on, Baldwin downplays the risk of facing criminal charges

The Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office continues to investigate how a live bullet made its way on set and into the Colt .45 that discharged in Baldwin's hand.

Investigators continue releasing new information, and this week indicated they were closing in on an explanation for the source of the live bullet. The district attorney told ABC News criminal charges remain "on the table."

For his part, Baldwin said he doesn't believe he will face criminal charges for the tragedy.

"I've been told by people who are in the know, in terms of even inside the state, that it's highly unlikely that I would be charged with anything criminally," he said.

But the criminal probe and potential charges account for only part of Baldwin's legal troubles. He has already been named as a defendant in two civil lawsuits.

Baldwin responds to critics, including Trump, Clooney

In the wake of the shooting, Baldwin attracted attention from some high-profile critics, including former President Donald Trump. Baldwin had been a vocal critic of Trump and portrayed the former president in a recurring impersonation role on "Saturday Night Live."

Trump called Baldwin "cuckoo" and intimated that he may have deliberately fired the weapon at Hutchins.

"[Trump] said I did it ​deliberately... with Trump, as we all know, the bar isn't low, the bar is in the dirt," Baldwin said. "I mean, just when you think that things can't get more surreal, here is the former president of the United States making a comment on this tragic situation."

Fellow actors also weighed in. George Clooney, for example, said, "every single time I'm handed a gun on a set -- every time they had me a gun -- I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I'm pointing it to."

Baldwin called Clooney's thinly veiled criticism "misplaced."

"There were a lot of people who felt it necessary to contribute some comment to the situation, which really didn't help the situation at all," he said. "If your protocol is you checking the gun every time, well, good for you."

Baldwin says he 'can't imagine' taking roles in films with guns in the future

The fallout from Hutchins' death has rattled Baldwin, he said, to the point that he "couldn't give a s--- about [his career] anymore." And while he remained opaque on what type of roles he will take on in the future, he made one assurance.

"I can't imagine I'd ever do a movie that had a gun in it again," Baldwin said.

The "Rust" shooting has inspired several other actors, including Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, to pledge to use only fake guns in future films. Others, including Olivia Wilde, have signed a petition to ban the use of real guns on Hollywood film sets.

Baldwin called for changes to ensure that sets are safe.

"Guns are in films and television shows because that's what audiences want," he said. "I'm only saying that whatever steps we have to take to put another layer of security so that doesn't happen again."
    "If seeds in the black earth can turn into such beautiful roses, what might not the heart of man become in its long journey toward the stars?"
    --- G.K. Chesterton

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (3rd December 2021), Hym (5th December 2021), Le Chat (3rd December 2021), thepainterdoug (3rd December 2021), wondering (3rd December 2021)

5. Link to Post #123
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

not getting the true story as of yet, and perhaps we never will.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Arcturian108 (5th December 2021), Ba-ba-Ra (3rd December 2021), Dennis Leahy (3rd December 2021), Hym (5th December 2021), iota (4th December 2021), Le Chat (3rd December 2021), TargeT (2nd January 2022), wondering (3rd December 2021)

7. Link to Post #124
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,059 times in 2,419 posts

This present stance is likely due to: 1) legal advice designed to minimize civil or criminal liability, 2) family encouragement, and 3) a need to rationalize his conduct and to revise history to assuage his sense of remorse and guilt.

There is no way that pistol can be fired without pulling the trigger. Full stop.

Also, he did point the pistol at her. Whether intentionally or negligently. Had he not done that, even if it did "misfire" which it did not, then the bullet would not have hit her. Also, a "misfire" of a firearm only happens when one pulls the trigger and the round does not discharge. The word "misfire" and phrase "prop gun" are intentionally being used in a deceptive manner.

I wonder if he, or someone, had pulled the hammer back on the firearm while handling it. If so, in that position it may have been easier to pull the trigger and discharge the firearm. Perhaps in that position, and if the firearm was defective and being mishandled or jostled around, the hammer may release and fire the round without "pulling" the trigger. But again, if that happened, the firearm was pointed at the decedent and civil liability, and perhaps criminal liability, follows.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Alan (3rd December 2021), Ba-ba-Ra (3rd December 2021), Dennis Leahy (3rd December 2021), Ernie Nemeth (3rd December 2021), Hym (4th December 2021), iota (4th December 2021), Le Chat (3rd December 2021), Mike (3rd December 2021), wondering (3rd December 2021)

9. Link to Post #125
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,525 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    I wonder if he, or someone, had pulled the hammer back on the firearm while handling it.
    He stated that when pointing the gun at the camera, he pulled the hammer back (without cocking it), and then let it go. In a period single-action revolver from the wild west, that's exactly the same as pulling the trigger.

If Baldwin somehow didn't know that, it could be argued that's negligence in itself.

About the interview, there's no way that wouldn't have been very carefully planned (running everything he would say past his lawyers), and very probably rehearsed. And all the questions and responses would have been agreed beforehand, as his public statements about the incident would all be admissible evidence in court, where it seems he'll be very likely to find himself before not too long.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (3rd December 2021), Blacklight43 (3rd December 2021), Dennis Leahy (3rd December 2021), Hym (4th December 2021), iota (4th December 2021), Satori (4th December 2021), scotslad (6th December 2021), Yoda (3rd December 2021)

11. Link to Post #126
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    About the interview, there's no way that wouldn't have been very carefully planned (running everything he would say past his lawyers), and very probably rehearsed. And all the questions and responses would have been agreed beforehand, as his public statements about the incident would all be admissible evidence in court, where it seems he'll be very likely to find himself before not too long.
    Having said that, and also having just watched this interesting short piece, it appears I may well have been quite wrong in all of the above.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Arcturian108 (5th December 2021), Dennis Leahy (3rd December 2021), Hym (4th December 2021), iota (4th December 2021), Le Chat (4th December 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th December 2021), Mike (3rd December 2021), Sunny-side-up (17th December 2021), Yoda (3rd December 2021)

13. Link to Post #127
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

I don't have much experience with guns where you can (or must) pull back on the hammer to cock it, but the trigger is simply a one-finger (index finger) way to both cock and release the hammer. So, I'm agreeing with Bill's statement about that Colt 45: releasing the hammer which strikes the back of the bullet is what makes the bullet fire. You could shoot all six bullets out of a "six-shooter" with your thumb, one at a time, and never touch the trigger at all. In fact, we have seen a variation of just that many times in "Wild West" movies, where a six-gun is rapidly emptied without ever touching the trigger - instead of using the thumb on the gun hand to cock and release the trigger, the edge of the palm of the opposite hand waves across the hammer rapidly.

Saying that you "didn't pull the trigger" is disingenuous. Was Baldwin trying to say that Halyna was literally directing him to cock the hammer with his thumb?

I note the use of passive voice, "the gun went off", rather than, "Alec shot a gun", then switching out of passive voice to deny guilt - which is certainly not by accident, and is narrative control. So, even if Baldwin damaged himself in a criminal lawsuit (which will be settled out of court) by what he said, I think that Bill's initial reaction (post #125) on this point is correct, that this use of passive voice to describe one's actions is deliberate narrative control.

edit (I want to leave this note on my post stating that I was incorrect about my assumption that a shooter could discharge a Colt 45 with thumb on hammer only, and without the trigger being pulled. The trigger must be pulled.)
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 6th December 2021 at 18:23.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd December 2021), Hym (4th December 2021), iota (4th December 2021), Kryztian (3rd December 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th December 2021), meat suit (3rd December 2021), Mike (3rd December 2021), Satori (4th December 2021)

15. Link to Post #128
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    I don't have much experience with guns where you can (or must) pull back on the hammer to cock it, but the trigger is simply a one-finger (index finger) way to both cock and release the hammer. So, I'm agreeing with Bill's statement about that Colt 45: releasing the hammer which strikes the back of the bullet is what makes the bullet fire. You could shoot all six bullets out of a "six-shooter" with your thumb, one at a time, and never touch the trigger at all. In fact, we have seen a variation of just that many times in "Wild West" movies, where a six-gun is rapidly emptied without ever touching the trigger - instead of using the thumb on the gun hand to cock and release the trigger, the edge of the palm of the opposite hand waves across the hammer rapidly.
    The trigger has to be pulled, or kept pulled for the bullets to fly, no matter what. The guns in question are single action, meaning the hammer doesn't automatically retract again for subsequent shots as modern double actions do. But the old single actions can actually be fired faster than many double actions by keeping the trigger pulled, and working the hammer to fire each round.

The first 4 minutes of this video shows how it's done, including slow motion shots which are quite helpful because it happens so fast. He's only firing two rounds, but the method is the same if you're going to rapidly empty the whole chamber like in those old cowboy movies.

16. Link to Post #129
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I wonder if he, or someone, had pulled the hammer back on the firearm while handling it.
    He stated that when pointing the gun at the camera, he pulled the hammer back (without cocking it), and then let it go. In a period single-action revolver from the wild west, that's exactly the same as pulling the trigger.

If Baldwin somehow didn't know that, it could be argued that's negligence in itself.

Interesting. I had not and have not (and will not) watched the interview.

Pulling the hammer back and releasing it will not cause a round to fire unless the hammer is pulled back only partially and there is an unspent round in the magazine that did not advance when the hammer was pulled back and released. But in that situation the force of the hammer as it strikes the casing may not be enough to cause the gun powder to ignite and fire the round. (That would be an example of one way a gun can misfire.) If the hammer is pulled back all the way and the next live round is advanced into the space under the hammer, then the hammer can cause that live round to fire but only if the trigger has been pulled so as to allow the hammer to propel forward and strike the live round. This is a mechanical process. All moving parts as designed must function as designed and intended.

Gracy’s post and the video she embedded (of which I only viewed a small portion) demonstrates this mechanical process, albeit by a professional at very high speed.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Alan (5th December 2021), Bill Ryan (4th December 2021), Dennis Leahy (4th December 2021), Hym (5th December 2021), iota (4th December 2021), Le Chat (4th December 2021), scotslad (5th December 2021)

18. Link to Post #130
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,340 times in 472 posts

As a resident of the UK and having never seen the type gun that was used (nor any hand gun for that matter), I find all the hammer/trigger debate interesting.
    A fas as I was concerned (before reading these posts), the only way to fire a gun would be to pull the trigger...
    Last edited by Le Chat; 4th December 2021 at 10:36.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Le Chat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th December 2021), Dennis Leahy (4th December 2021), Hym (5th December 2021), iota (5th December 2021)

20. Link to Post #131
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy (here)
    The trigger has to be pulled, or kept pulled for the bullets to fly, no matter what. The guns in question are single action, meaning the hammer doesn't automatically retract again for subsequent shots as modern double actions do. But the old single actions can actually be fired faster than many double actions by keeping the trigger pulled, and working the hammer to fire each round.
    If you are correct, Gracy, then Baldwin must have had the trigger pulled when he was maneuvering the hammer. If the hammer is cocked, or even half-cocked (but still mechanically restrained), the trigger must be pulled to release the hammer. But, what happens if you have a bullet in the chamber and you pull the hammer back just shy of it clicking into the half-cocked position, and release it? The hammer will strike the bullet. Does it have enough energy to fire the bullet's firing pin? Evidently, not by design. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8NSDCNTRaQ (first 7 minutes)

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th December 2021), Hym (5th December 2021), iota (5th December 2021), Satori (4th December 2021)

22. Link to Post #132
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,032 times in 644 posts

personally, I don't think doing the "interview" was a good idea, whether scripted, quizzed or practiced I think its bad PR and not giving off the right signals at all.

Far too much "Poor me"

Time to let the determination of "criminality" or negligence (or both) to begin.

If my wife had been shot by a movie star and they did an interview to get their side of the story across, before a court case or otherwise and before discussing it with me, I think I'd be left feeling rather bitter, disappointed, shocked etc at all the publicity and social media posts at all the poor attempts of positioning and posturing.

I'd think the actor was just doing yet another "me. me. me." and as for his wife, are they trying to outdo each other how awful and upset they are feeling?

Be humble. Be authentic. Be sincere, and stop acting (again) to the camera with crocodile tears. More importantly think of the feelings of the grieving family not yourself - best say nothing (pubicly)

What you say to me privately and also in the presence of our legal representatives should set the right tone and hopefully right path of trying to deal and cope with all this - not watching you do an outpuring on TV.

Personally, Id find hard to swallow, digest and get over - and I suspect a jury would think so too.

(dont know tho)

Is there any outtake / daily footage or photos that can help substantiate any of what actually happened?
    Last edited by scotslad; 5th December 2021 at 17:19.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (6th December 2021), Hym (5th December 2021)

24. Link to Post #133
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,718 times in 2,088 posts

interview shouldn't have been , its not all about me, didn't even watch the entire thing, maybe its a form of counseling for him to do it in his own mind, who knows ! In another twist and I don't know if this is true or not but interesting. I don't know if this is too far off the deep end but I would throw it out there. replys and discredits welcomed on this one if they apply.

Sudden Death

During these polarized times, any death is suspect. People are killed to be silenced, but the assassination posed as an accident or suicide. The Satanists are on the run. Covid-19 statistics are faked to show big numbers of death and injury from the virus while denying the death and injury from the vaccines themselves. In that setting we have the fatal shooting by Alec Baldwin on a movie set, which no one really believes was an accident. And then the death of a respected statesman, Colin Powell, supposedly by Covid-19 (though he was 100% vaccinated). Could the Zetas give us the truth on these matters?

Prop Gun in Alec Baldwin Accidental Movie Set Shooting had Live Rounds, Police Say
    October 23, 2021
    https://www.oann.com/alec-baldwin-fi...ed-crew-member
    Alec Baldwin was handed what was described as a safe “cold gun” on the set of his movie “Rust”, but the prop gun contained live rounds when it was fired, according to details of the police investigation into the fatal shooting. The shot hit cinematographer Halyna Hutchins in the chest, and director Joel Souza who was behind her, in the shoulder. The assistant director who handed Baldwin the prop gun did not know it contained live rounds. Reports emerged of walk-outs on the “Rust” set earlier in the week over unsafe conditions. Production on the movie was immediately shut down. The sheriff’s department said no charges had been filed and the investigation remained open.

Alec Baldwin Shooting Victim was Wife of Latham & Watkins Lawyer
    October 22, 2021
    https://www.reuters.com/legal/legali...hooting-victim
    The husband of Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer who was fatally shot by actor Alec Baldwin with a prop gun, is a corporate lawyer in Latham & Watkins' Los Angeles office.

The Husband of the Woman Alec Baldwin Killed Yesterday is a Clinton Attorney with Latham & Watkins that is being Indicted by Durham
    October 22, 2021
    https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/...ln/the_husband
    Arkanacide by proxy? Michael Sussmann is the Hillary Clinton/DNC lawyer being indicted by Durham, he does not work for Latham & Watkins. But Latham & Watkins is representing Sussmann in the case.

ZetaTalk Confirmation 10/31/2021: Was Baldwin ordered to shoot Halyna Hutchins to silence her? This is obvious, as there was no reason for him to point and shoot the prop gun. They were not filming the movie at that time, and it is standard procedure to double check the bullets if that is to occur. The crew that loaded the live bullets is complicit too, but Baldwin was fully aware and complicit. She was to be a witness against Clinton associates and had already given testimony to Durham et al. Halyna’s murder is also a warning to others not to talk

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (6th December 2021), Hym (5th December 2021), onawah (5th December 2021)

26. Link to Post #134
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

Another Arkancide! Now, that makes sense!
    Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    Alec Baldwin Shooting Victim was Wife of Latham & Watkins Lawyer
    October 22, 2021
    https://www.reuters.com/legal/legali...hooting-victim
    The husband of Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer who was fatally shot by actor Alec Baldwin with a prop gun, is a corporate lawyer in Latham & Watkins' Los Angeles office.

The Husband of the Woman Alec Baldwin Killed Yesterday is a Clinton Attorney with Latham & Watkins that is being Indicted by Durham
    October 22, 2021
    https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/...ln/the_husband
    Arkanacide by proxy? Michael Sussmann is the Hillary Clinton/DNC lawyer being indicted by Durham, he does not work for Latham & Watkins. But Latham & Watkins is representing Sussmann in the case.

ZetaTalk Confirmation 10/31/2021: Was Baldwin ordered to shoot Halyna Hutchins to silence her? This is obvious, as there was no reason for him to point and shoot the prop gun. They were not filming the movie at that time, and it is standard procedure to double check the bullets if that is to occur. The crew that loaded the live bullets is complicit too, but Baldwin was fully aware and complicit. She was to be a witness against Clinton associates and had already given testimony to Durham et al. Halyna’s murder is also a warning to others not to talk
    Each breath a gift...

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alan (5th December 2021), Arcturian108 (5th December 2021), Ba-ba-Ra (5th December 2021), Dennis Leahy (6th December 2021), iota (20th December 2021)

28. Link to Post #135
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,038 times in 911 posts

"But, what happens if you have a bullet in the chamber and you pull the hammer back just shy of it clicking into the half-cocked position, and release it? The hammer will strike the bullet. Does it have enough energy to fire the bullet's firing pin? "

Yes, but this all depends on the strength of the main spring that moves the hammer. Tho the uncocked hammer seems to be "safer" it too can set off the primer, firing the bullet, if the hammer is hit with force, as the pin at the end of the hammer is resting on the primer at the end of the bullet. Because of this, when an armorer has questions about any actor handling a weapon the extra safe guard is to leave the action cylinder empty when handling the gun.

This is never a plan that there are live rounds in any weapon handed over from an armorer to an actor, yet EVERY WEAPON IS ALWAYS ASSUMED TO BE LOADED and it is the unending and forever action and habit of every armorer to always treat all weapons as LIVE. Saying a weapon is 'cold' goes against every safety precaution that any armorer, any shooter, practices every single time a weapon is handled.

In this case I don't believe Baldwin. It is most likely with that gun that he had his finger on the trigger and that upon releasing the hammer the pin hit the primer and discharged the bullet. There is likely footage showing whether or not Baldwin was flagging the gun when he was rehearsing. Though there was a production or crew member who told a reporter that he did not have his finger on the trigger, I would not trust that statement.

(Flagging is showing the trigger finger, the index finger most often, or the trigger finger and the middle finger, on the side of the gun above the trigger guard pointing forward and clearly not resting on the trigger itself. In this case the person giving the interview backing up Baldwin's account of not pulling the trigger, it is notable that she did not use the word.)

The live round being in the gun is another fact that will find the light of day, hopefully during the litigation of the lawsuits filed against the production. My experience with the film union there in the state tells me much more about how it all happened than the actual shooting itself. When we talk about the atmosphere on a film set every one responds one way or the other. Not having been there, what I've heard tells me that it was what is called a very loose set. That crew knows much more than is being reported, and it matters when searching for the truth.

Those in the union for years have predicted this and many more injuries and deaths a long time ago. My short tenure there showed me the same experiences, and my close relationship with the veterans who've left the film union there, and those about to leave, exposed more of the reasons why an atmosphere conducive to abusing union film crews has existed for so long.

Having rid themselves of the worst of long suffered union leadership, only to hire and fire/retire/disconnect with five business agents in only two years tells us a lot about the depth of disarray in a union that productions like Rust knew they could exploit.

Every single, experienced film crew member in that state can attest to how dangerous their lives are when working for many productions, less so with studio based productions but exponentially more so with all of the one off, LLC created, independent productions.

Film crews from every other local in the states and Canada have a very low opinion of not only the leadership of the union that allows lax safety practices, but of it also allowing the financials to be almost forgotten when paying union members. Though the union on it's unemployment filings lists itself as a hiring hall, it is nothing of the sort.

There is no common ground that having experience and crew care as a qualification guarantees any work, which is what a 'hiring hall' is, but being a newbie who can be manipulated and convinced to allow poor safety and abuse of fellow crew members means a greater chance of being hired. This has created a crew base of unskilled members in positions that they should not be in, thus the acceptance on the union leadership's behalf of the danger inherent in allowing such exploitation.

This situation is both a tragic series of negligent missteps and an atmosphere of neglect fostered by the union itself. This should be the beginning of deep investigations by the few uncontrolled reporters, the real journalists, themselves but we know how much the media these many years restricts and blocks deeper views into the working lives of film crews.

Like I've said before, there is a Pulitzer waiting for who dares to simply ask current crews and the vast numbers of past film crew members why none of them is surprised that someone died on a set in New Mexico, or that there is so much confusion as to how that death occurred.

In addition, if a murder was planned, what better place than in a state where the union is so weak and the workers are in a great state of flux trying to re-establish their careers and put some weeks and months into their incomes and health plans.

In a state where there has been little to no blowback from the imposition of very unhealthy, pseudo-emergency mandates from the planned pandemic, it seems like a good choice.....but only if all of the available career killers on the bill and hillary payroll were out of work....which is highly unlikely. There are much easier ways of taking out a whistleblower than making it such a public display, tho that at times is the point during some operations. Still...that is just speculation at this point.
    Last edited by Hym; 5th December 2021 at 22:08.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th December 2021), Bluegreen (5th December 2021), Dennis Leahy (6th December 2021), iota (20th December 2021), scotslad (5th December 2021)

30. Link to Post #136
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

But if it were meant as a warning to others?
    In any case, the Clintons and their ilk don't appear to be concerned much anymore about covering their tracks.
    The NWO agendas are becoming more and more blatant.

Quote Posted by Hym (here)
    In a state where there has been little to no blowback from the imposition of very unhealthy, pseudo-emergency mandates from the planned pandemic, it seems like a good choice.....but only if all of the available career killers on the bill and hilary payroll were out of work....which is highly unlikely. There are much easier ways of taking out a whistleblower than making it such a public display, tho that at times is the point during some operations. Still...that is just speculation at this point.
    Each breath a gift...

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (5th December 2021), Bluegreen (5th December 2021), Dennis Leahy (6th December 2021), Hym (5th December 2021), iota (20th December 2021), wondering (5th December 2021)

32. Link to Post #137
    Thanks

It seems I'm 100% wrong. (Apologies!) I watched this excellent new short video very closely:

There's extensive discussion in the comments, between good people who clearly know a lot about these period revolvers, about whether there was any possible way the hammer could have been pulled back slightly (without catching, as it's meant to do) and then released to cause a live fire.

The unanimous agreement was that this was impossible, and nor had anyone ever encountered even a very old and disused weapon that would malfunction in this way.

The Santa Fe Police have the gun, and there's no doubt it's been subjected to every test. If it was defective, they'd have made a statement by now.

33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (6th December 2021), Ba-ba-Ra (6th December 2021), Brodie75 (8th December 2021), Dennis Leahy (6th December 2021), happyuk (6th December 2021), Hym (7th December 2021), iota (20th December 2021), Kryztian (6th December 2021), kudzy (6th December 2021), mountain_jim (6th December 2021), Satori (6th December 2021), Sunny-side-up (17th December 2021), wondering (6th December 2021), Yoda (6th December 2021)

34. Link to Post #138
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

It seems I'm 100% wrong. (Apologies!) I watched this excellent new short video very closely:

There's extensive discussion in the comments, between good people who clearly know a lot about these period revolvers, about whether there was any possible way the hammer could have been pulled back slightly (without catching, as it's meant to do) and then released to cause a live fire.

The unanimous agreement was that this was impossible, and nor had anyone ever encountered even a very old and disused weapon that would malfunction in this way.

The Santa Fe Police have the gun, and there's no doubt it's been subjected to every test. If it was defective, they'd have made a statement by now.
    I’ll just come out and say it: Baldwin is a liar. He pulled the trigger at some point. He F’d up and he needs to own up.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (7th December 2021), Hym (7th December 2021), iota (20th December 2021), onawah (7th December 2021), Sunny-side-up (17th December 2021)

36. Link to Post #139
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,032 times in 644 posts

"Bullets travel in straight lines." So if Alec Baldwin says he didnt point the gun at her, how did she get hit? Has he lied? (again?)

Hmmmmm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lImxZbBaaSM

Last edited by scotslad; 8th December 2021 at 19:51.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Hym (8th December 2021), iota (20th December 2021), meat suit (8th December 2021), Vangelo (9th December 2021)

38. Link to Post #140
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

The local ABC "news" outlet in New Mexico is reporting today that a search warrant has been issued for Alec Baldwin's phone records. This is a very typical and logical step in a criminal (or civil) investigation.

Who did he call after the shooting? Why? What was said? Did he incriminate himself? Etc....

This would have happened even if he had not done the interview with George Snuffalupacous, but he did himself no favors by doing that and saying what he said.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th December 2021), Ernie Nemeth (16th December 2021), Hym (17th December 2021), iota (20th December 2021), mountain_jim (17th December 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 7 8 LastLast