+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sleep Paralysis / Old Hag / Night Terrors / Man In Top Hat. Are They Real?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member BrotherWayne's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Sleep Paralysis / Old Hag / Night Terrors / Man In Top Hat. Are They Real?

Some great info in here. Do you think that sleep paralysis has spiritual connections? Like it says below, how come you wake up and see beings? Some say it's just because you are scared, and the subconscious creates them. What do you think?>

What is Sleep Paralysis?
    Sleep paralysis is an experience where you wake up unable to move or speak. It may last only a few seconds, but it can be terrifying because you may feel like someone – or something – is holding you down.

Sleep Paralysis
    Sometimes it happens when you’re getting into bed or just waking up. You lie in the dark waiting to drift off, and then suddenly your mind wakes up before your body does.

You are conscious but can’t move or talk for brief periods during waking hours. These episodes are sometimes described as “demon attacks”, which is not surprising considering how frightening they are when they occur. What links sleep paralysis to the supernatural or paranormal is that many people claim that they see demonic entities within their bedroom during these encounters. A person who is dealing with demonic possession can experience these entities several times throughout their life.

What are shadow beings?
    Between 8% and 50% of people experience sleep paralysis at some point in their life. About 5% of people have regular episodes. It is believed to have played a role in the creation of stories about alien abduction and other paranormal events.

Shadow beings are often described as dark, shadowy humanoid shapes or apparitions about the size of a human. They are not always humanoid, though. Some shadow people are blurry, amorphous masses that change shape frequently .

Some people claim to have seen shadow creatures made out of rocks, coal and other inanimate objects. Others see them near mirrors and windows — places where spirits can grow stronger and more visible by interacting with their reflections.

Why Do People See Shadow People?
    This is one of the most common questions asked by those who experience these visions: why would I be able to see something if it’s between me and the light source? People who see shadow beings usually report seeing them against a wall or from across a room. This is usually many people’s first encounter with spiritual warfare.

Shadow Being / Night Terror
    Authors Kelly Bulkeley and Stanley Krippner suggest that paranormal experiences are linked to “sleep events” such as hallucinations during dreaming or out-of-body experiences. This is because people often report seeing ghosts during dreams or feeling as if they were floating outside their body. Conspiracy theorists claim that alien abductions are sometimes caused by astral projection; this involves projecting one’s soul outside of their body.

The “Old Hag” Syndrome
    The night hag is a generic name for a folkloric creature found in cultures around the world, and which is used to explain the phenomenon of sleep paralysis. A common description is that a person feels a presence of a supernatural malevolent being which immobilizes the person as if standing on the chest. This phenomenon goes by many names.

People have claimed to see an old lady or witch screaming in their faces during these encounters. These phenomena have become to be known as the “Old Hag Syndrome”.

The term “hag” is often associated with witches. This is because of the old English legend which tells of Hag – an evil witch who would sit on people’s chests at night to suffocate them during their sleep.

The "Old Hag" Syndrome
    The first known reference to hags or hags attacks comes from Halifax in 1699. John Freind suggested that suffocation was caused by “an oppression of spirits” together with a sensitivity to being touched at the time.

The first medical report of “night hag” came from Dr David Collins in 1781. He wrote that many locals believed that this phenomenon were brought on by witches or ghosts sitting on victim’s chests as they slept.

Real Sleep Paralysis Story!
    When I was around four years old, I can still remember the night that I awoke in my bed to a terrible feeling of the presence of two shadow beings lying on each side of me. The shadows were pinning me down to the bed. Fear crept over me, was afraid and did not know what to do.

I don’t know if I couldn’t speak or was just too afraid to for fear that they would know that I was awake.

The beings had me was paralyzed with fear. Around that same time in my life, I woke up after midnight and walked through the house and walked into my mom’s room. There was a clothes’ basket right past the doorway and the room was dark and in the basket were two red glowing eyes looking at me.

Throughout my childhood, my friends and I were always trying to scare ourselves by hiding from each other and jumping out, telling ghost stories or watching scary movies. Pretty typical stuff, but throughout my whole childhood it tortured me.

Encountering Demons In Dreams
    Every time I turned the light off, I was scared, but the even scarier part was when I closed my eyes. Most nights I had nightmares. I had them so often that I learned how to lucid dream to get out of them. Every time I wanted to wake up I would just suffocate myself in the dream, cut my own throat, drown myself, or jump head first into a rock to kill myself or break my neck. It worked every time. I always woke up out of the nightmares when I did this. The scariest dreams were when I was trying to go to sleep and looking around at my room and I didn’t know that I had fallen asleep.

In my dream, I would still be lying there in bed looking around my room and either a demon would come walking in my room, or one would be on top of me and I couldn’t move. This phenomenon was quite different from the experience that I had as a child with the shadow beings lying on my chest.

The Lord didn’t give us a spirit of fear, but of love and a sound mind. I just hadn’t learned this yet.

I learned through my studies and personal experiences with these entities that they are sent to try and place fear into the hearts and minds of those who are destined to do mighty things for the light. For many people, sleep paralysis is linked to demonic possession.

Paranormal Encounters
    Most of the time, people have encounters with these beings when they are children. These beings come to try and rob them of their innocence.

Many people I know who have had these encounters end up doing great exploits serving humanity and spreading love in their adult lives. It seems as if they are marked at an early age by some type of dark force to try and keep them away from pursuing anything spiritual.

People call these beings witches, shadow people, and even report seeing silhouettes of men standing in their room wearing a top hat and trench coat.

Others have named this the old hag syndrome, speaking about experiences where they wake up out of a dead sleep and cannot move and an old woman is laying on top of them screaming. Scientifically and clinically it is said that sleep paralysis is where a person wakes up consciously and even opens their eyes, but their body is still asleep resulting in a paralyzing stasis of fear.

That could be true, but why are there usually shadow beings, demons, imps and creatures in a person’s room when this is taking place?

My belief is that this is something that is supernatural in nature and may be even feeding off of people’s energy while they are asleep. Waking up in the middle of the night not being able to move or speak is definitely terrifying, but having a scary entity present doesn’t help the situation.

If it is just because we are in alpha sleep, why isn’t it a pink elephant that appears? Why isn’t it something lovely and beautiful that we often encounter in the dream state?

Why is it always some grotesque looking entity that is present when sleep paralysis occurs?

How To Stop Sleep Paralysis
    People have testified that during sleep paralysis episodes that the experience would immediately stop when they call upon the name of Jesus. Some who aren’t able to speak during these encounters say that even if they can only “think” the name of Jesus, that that experience would end also.

There is power in the name of Jesus, and every knee must bow to that name. That includes all spirits, angels and demons that have existed or ever will. The name of Jesus Christ is indeed the name above every name! If you have encounter with fear during the night, try speaking the name of Christ.

Source: https://www.christian-meditations.co...eep-paralysis/

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Ive had it happen on three occasions. I know a father and son who had it in the same night.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrotherWayne For This Post:

melissanederland (2nd November 2021), Sadieblue (3rd November 2021), sijohn (2nd November 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Default Re: Sleep Paralysis / Old Hag / Night Terrors / Man In Top Hat. Are They Real?

Wow, the synchronicity of this post is amazing for me right now.

Shadow beings are real and you don't have to have had sleep paralysis to experience them. I would guess that those who have experienced this through sleep paralysis might think that it is like part of a dream or a similar subconscious experience and brush it off as such.

There is energy inside all of us. All around us. Some know it as "chi" energy. Allow yourself to gather and let this light energy emanate from you - flow through you. It will help to keep these entities away!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

BrotherWayne (5th November 2021), melissanederland (2nd November 2021), sijohn (2nd November 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Sleep Paralysis / Old Hag / Night Terrors / Man In Top Hat. Are They Real?

Sleep Paralysis.
    This is an interesting topic for me because I have experienced this many many times over many years. For me this tends to happen quite regularly over short periods of time with long gaps between, maybe years. It started in childhood and continued intermittently until a few years ago. I wake but can not move ,speak or open my eyes, I always fight this and try to open my hands or move in my bed with out success normally although some times after a battle I succeed after what seems to be quite some time but am left feeling exhausted other times I cannot remember the experience coming to an end but it has ended.

I have never remembered seeing any thing at all except maybe my sheets and duvet (white), no person , shape , or being all is silent. Since childhood I have always slept with a light on , I do not consciously fear the dark and read for many hours during the night, but darkness holds no fear being perfectly happy out in nature with no light at night etc . I have not remembered many dreams for years although when younger I dreamed regularly and had good recall. For many years I slept on the sette not going to bed with television and lights on all night , during this period I have no recollection of sleep Paralysis. For the last year I have been going to bed and can not recall any experiences although I still leave a light on , take a tablet , and watch a film /programme or read, but sleep intermittently.

I have read some where that electronic devices on around you act as a deterrent to this experience.

I have a theory after much reflection and reading over many years why this maybe so but no proof other than testimony of others . When I have discussed this with others ( very very rarely ) it has been suggested that hypnotic regression may be helpful, but after reading Bud Hopkins and David Jacobs work I am not sure I am to keen to do this .

I hope others find this informative and possibly helpful

I am 62 years of age
    Last edited by sijohn; 2nd November 2021 at 13:34.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sijohn For This Post:

melissanederland (2nd November 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member melissanederland's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I experienced this once growing up. I woke up and couldn't move, but I could feel an entity/ghost across the room by my radiator that terrified me, and all I could do was lay there and feel it. I didn't see anything but I knew it was there. It only happened to me once, which I thought was weird.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to melissanederland For This Post:

sijohn (2nd November 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,359 times in 639 posts

Sleep Paralysis is a vital part of Out-of-Body Experiences (OBEs). Mind-awake-body-asleep-state.

It is not good or bad in itself but just a stage, just like the vibrations you can then feel or other exit symptoms. If it's good or bad when you experience it is what you make it yourSELF.

If you experience bad (demons, devil, hags, malicious ETs etc.) it is your mindset at that moment or belief system (of whatever kind) that either attracts (if they are real ones) or creates them (if they are your own thought forms).

Really: The experienced OBEr like me years ago actually craves to be in the SP state (also vibrational state) as it is the precursor for the OBE or AP taking place. It's a springboard. Your body is 'asleep' while your mind is lucid and awake.

Vibrational State = Sleep Paralysis State = Mind Awake Body Asleep State

I've had countless OBE/AP/LDs over many years and none of them were negative. None. Many other APers I know will tell the same.

Yes, I've met some 'neutral' beings, but never any truly bad one although I know they exist of course. There are APers who meet them, even some who fight with them, and Black Magicians may even seek them.

But MINDSET is key. Think positive and look forward with joy to the experience and it will be positive. You should not have psychological issues though such as schizophrenia or depression, neither should you have an ingrained fear of these things. You need some courage. If it happens fear based then you should not perform it.

There is an AP thread here on this forum where you can get more info on this. Even a course where s.o. teaches it to other members here.

Here is an old instructional / informational videos on SP and VS:

Here's also Will Buhlman about the importance of the mindset. This is a very good page and I recommend it:

https://astralinfo.org/effective-mindset

From there:

Quote Elements of Effective Exploration

During out-of-body exploration we confront many interesting experiences; these include vibrational state fears, thought forms, self made and external energy creations, contact with non-physical inhabitants and countless other issues. However, the single most pervasive issue we experience is our own indoctrinated mindset and state of consciousness. Our ability to effectively explore thought responsive realities is often blocked by our own conscious and subconscious mind.

During every experience we carry with us our individual mental baggage including our subconscious fears and limits. Over the years I have come to realize that this is a critical issue that is seldom addressed. The following perceptions are the result of my four decades of out-of body experiences and this knowledge has greatly assisted me in my personal explorations and my daily life. The enclosed list is my personal reality precepts.

34 Points of clarity

I am pure consciousness. I possess no form or three-dimensional structure. I have the ability to manifest and use different energy forms for my expression and education. I realize I am not humanoid nor any other form based concept.
    I am immortal, creative and powerful; nothing seen or unseen can harm me or block my path.
    I shape, mold and interpret all realities. I create my reality both in and out of body. I accept complete personal responsibility for my energy creations. I’m the creative writer, director and actor in every drama I experience. My consciousness uses form like a master puppeteer.
    I am an explorer of consciousness. I seek the answers to life’s mysteries and refuse to settle for manmade beliefs or conclusions. By expanding my explorations inward beyond all form based realities I possess the innate ability to obtain the answers.
    I remain open to my unlimited potential and detached and independent from all man-made beliefs, religions and consensus reality conclusions. I am not a member of any group or religion. The truth is not manmade.
    I perceive with my consciousness. My natural perception is 360 degrees. I remain alert that I actively color, shape and mold my perceptions of reality. All the realities I encounter are interpreted by my mind. My consciousness is highly interactive in all energy environments.
    I reject the entire premise of beliefs. I can only truly know something based upon my personal experience. The key to self-knowledge is to expand my experience and not my beliefs. I realize that false and distorted beliefs create the blocks I experience. I jettison all manmade beliefs and refuse to be a mental slave to the consensus mindset in any reality. Attaching my mind to manmade conclusions and beliefs acts to distort my perception and blocks my progress. I aggressively examine and purge all non-confirmed conclusions, concepts, ideas, and beliefs from my mind. The lighter I am the further inward I experience.
    I accept, embrace and enjoy the vibrational state and all the associated OBE related energy phenomena. I surrender it; I allow it to expand through every layer of my being. I love the intensity and variety of the vibrational state. During all altered states and vibrational state phenomena I remain completely calm and non analytical. I allow the energies to expand through me.
    OBEs are natural and essential for my spiritual growth. My conscious OBEs dramatically accelerate my personal growth. I am open to and expect profound experiences.
    I create and maintain a designated out-of-body exploration area in my home separate from the bedroom. I expect results in this focused environment.
    I possess no limits; I can move, expand and express my conscious awareness without limit. I create the limits or blocks that I experience so I can dissolve them.
    I control and prolong my OBEs and my state of consciousness by using focused powerful commands; Awareness Now! Higher Self Now! Clarity Now! etc.
    I demand to experience my Higher Self whenever possible. I expect immediate results and clear answers now! As much as possible I surrender to my Higher Self, my inner guidance. I trust my Higher Self for I am my guide.
    I currently maintain and operate a personal energy vehicle (body) on every dimension of the multidimensional universe. I have the natural ability to shift my conscious awareness throughout these energy bodies and experience and explore without limit. I travel the path within me. I travel the entire multidimensional universe within myself. External motion and forms are unnecessary. The direct path and expressway to self-knowledge and self-realization is within me
    To the best of my ability I identify, confront and resolve my fears both in and out of the body. I fully realize that my fears will manifest as form based during my OBEs. I actively seek to dissolve all the energy blocks I experience.
    I remain calm in the face of intense energy shifts and manifestations. To the best of my ability I remain detached and neutral to the various energies that I encounter, mold or create. As much as possible I am the objective, dispassionate observer of the unfolding imagery, concepts, forms and dramas that I experience.
    All form-based realities are temporary energy structures. Form is created and shaped by consciousness and function as vehicles and expressions of consciousness. I seek to experience and comprehend the Source of all realities.
    The key to initiating conscious OBEs is daily practice with persistent and focused intention.
    Attempting to comprehend and navigate the multidimensional universe using any man made conclusion, belief system or religion as a guide leads only to extreme self-delusion, blocks and deception. I follow my inner wisdom, my higher self.
    To uncover the truth of my existence I must explore beyond the facade of form. True reality and answers exist beyond the three dimensional energy forms of the astral and physical dimensions. I experience the higher realities deep within me.
    I am open and expect new and enlightening experiences both in and out of body. I encourage and embrace radical and rapid change. I remain completely open to experience accelerated personal growth. Mental stagnation and rigid thought is not an option.
    The key to accurate perception and answers is to examine and cleanse the lens of my mind so I am free from the false beliefs and consensus self-deception that dominates all form based realities. Clear perception is essential and my complete responsibility.
    The answers are always present; it is I that creates and maintains any blocks that I experience. I take full responsibility for my life and my experiences both in and out of my body.
    My experiences both in and out of body provide the lessons I designed for my education. I always dig for the unseen reason and purpose behind my experiences.
    During all OBEs I inwardly demand “Awareness Now!” often and I expect immediate results. I consciously magnify and intensify my intentions. I know I possess unlimited creative power and expect instant results and clear answers. “Awareness Now” is my focused intention and my silent mantra.
    I have the ability to navigate, observe and explore the entire timeline. All is now.
    I focus on the now for I can only create and manipulate my reality in the present moment. Now is the focal point of all my creative energy. My access to immense creative power dwells in the now.
    I confirm the authenticity of all the life forms and realities I encounter; I assume nothing and question everything. I look beyond the dense façade for I realize that form is not reality; it is but an expression and tool of consciousness
    I realize I must jettison all of my preset mental judgments; this includes all the human concepts I take for granted including good and evil, ugly and beautiful, right and wrong. True reality has no opposites, no judgments.
    I recognize the importance of transcending all external modes and methods of perception and this includes the powerful perception tool of my mind. This is essential in order to truly perceive and experience objective reality and experience my higher self.
    I have found it extremely helpful to maintain a detailed OBE and dream journal. It helps to condition and open my mind to accept and experience multiple realities.
    Confronting and dissolving the energy manifestations of my own fears, limits and blocks is essential for my spiritual growth. There are no negative out-of-body experiences, only energy manifestations I don’t currently comprehend.
    I don’t waste my energy promoting or defending my perceptions of reality. I realize that those of us that know from experience will understand.
    Above all, persistence is the most important attribute we possess. Daily practice and positive focused intention is the essential key.

Different Reactions to an Out-of-Body Experience

The outcome of an out-of-body experience and the vibrational state is dependent on our mind-set and response. Fear can create a negative experience, while a positive, spiritually focused reaction can manifest a self-empowering experience.

Each of us has an important choice; we can accept a host of man-made illusions and play the great form based shell game or we can decide to move inward and experience a more expansive reality. I have found the countless worlds of form to be an immense maze of deception, if you truly desire answers it is essential to go beyond the façade of the physical and astral dimensions. The interaction with and interpretation of form-based realities is an interesting game that has held our attention for countless life times. Ultimately we are drawn inward for the answers.

Each of us is a courageous explorer that has boldly entered the outer epidermis of the universe. Now our quest is to become effective explorers of consciousness and travel the path back home.

I would recommend that you create your own ideal mindset exploration list. The very process of writing your own list can be mind expanding. Do it today.
    Here's also a good graph from this page:

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...g?format=1000w

(Embedding image did not work for some reason)

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Ben (2nd November 2021), Creative_nomad (29th November 2021), Ioneo (2nd November 2021), Kalamos (2nd November 2021), melissanederland (2nd November 2021), Patient (2nd November 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,359 times in 639 posts

I forgot to mention that if you DON'T want to experience it or ESCAPE from it there is some good advice in the first video I posted. So for those many who end up 'accidentally' in SP which happens often and have therefore fearful experiences it tells you what you can do: Change your breath pattern, but as I remember also trying to move a little finger or toe (which can be possible in SP) might work to get you fast out of SP and wake up completely in this reality frame. Just a hint.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Kalamos (2nd November 2021), Patient (2nd November 2021)

+ Reply to Thread