Thread: Why Modern Movies Suck!

1. Link to Post #21
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 times in 641 posts

Default Re: Why Modern Movies Suck!

Amazon's LOTR really seems to be a train wreck. And embarrassing how the shill critics give high praise while most of the audiences don't like it. I saw it and it was boring so far. They made a build-up for 2 episodes and there is only 6 to go. Not a lot happened. The main actress is really badly written and played (and a Marie Sue). Visuals are okay though. Still want to give it a chance but I am not hopeful for improvement.

Last edited by Open Minded Dude; 6th September 2022 at 18:21.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Brigantia (7th September 2022), DNA (15th October 2022), Inversion (6th September 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th September 2022), Mashika (6th September 2022), TargeT (7th September 2022), Vicus (14th September 2022)

3. Link to Post #22
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,529 times in 4,315 posts

[Quoted from this thread]

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Where is the struggle, growth and pay off? Why are all women perfect with most (all?) men portrayed as liabilities or just bafoons?

We have known about writing stories for eons now, the "hero's journey" is known ubiquitously.. I dont understand how "professional " entertainers can destroy the established stories like this.
    How can they do it?

I honestly believe it's deliberate. The "writers" responsible for the dumpster fire that is Rings of Power have almost no writing credits to their name, except I think that very, very bad Star Trek: Beyond. I mean, are you kidding me? They hired those buffoons? If you employ bargain basement hollywood hacks to adapt Tolkien, this is what you'll get.

Some people have called Rings of Power "fan fiction". It's definitely not that. Know why? Because these ****s aren't Fans!!

They don't know the books or the material they're dealing with. And if they did read it I bet it would go over their heads. Their fumbling attempts, for example, to write dialogue in Tolkien's archaic, highly ornate linguistic style is soooo cringe and out of step with the source material, it comes across as almost like a spoof, like an SNL skit or something. It's insultingly bad. It seems pretty clear their first priority is NOT the story at all, not the history, not the tone or any of that - but AGENDA, namely toxic identity politics. The most flagrant example being, of course, Galadriel, warrior queen, which she never was. The equivalent would be Virgin Mary becomes Conan the Barbarian!!

There's a very good reason why Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy was a mega-smash, and lauded worldwide, and that's because he and his writers knew the material inside and out, and they chose to honour that material by being faithful to it.

Out of all of Hollywood's garbage, this one hits the deepest. Tolkien is sacred. It's the most celebrated work in the English language, and they have butchered it, shat on it, and set the remains on fire. They could not possibly have effed it up any worse. As a result, I have to conclude it CANNOT be an accident.

This is an expert-level break down of ALL that is wrong with this hideous pile of manure.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Brigantia (7th September 2022), DNA (15th October 2022), leavesoftrees (14th September 2022), Mike (7th September 2022), Open Minded Dude (7th September 2022), Sue (Ayt) (7th September 2022), TargeT (7th September 2022), Vicus (14th September 2022)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    German
    Thanks

Off-topic, but only kind of:

In all my frustration about the Western movie/show downfall of recent years I started watching some South Korean movies and TV shows.
    They have a kind of boom going on just like the Indian Bollywood stuff. There are quite a few good ones out there (Netflix, Prime, etc.) and they are all without the woke identity politics sh!t - even if they do tackle 'social issues' of their country. They just do it without toxicity and preaching.

Maybe we should start a separate thread on this here, at least I consider it.

(Not saying there are still great US shows out there, such as Better Call Saul, The Expanse or Cobra Kai, just to name 3 of them, but they seem rare exceptions nowadays.)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Brigantia (13th September 2022), DNA (15th October 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th September 2022), TargeT (7th September 2022)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Open Minded Dude (here)
    (Not saying there are still great US shows out there, such as Better Call Saul, The Expanse or Cobra Kai, just to name 3 of them, but they seem rare exceptions nowadays.)
    The List, Grey man, there's a few things that seemed to slip through " THE MESSAGE " crack (The daily wire has some pretty good offerings for example)...

if you can deal with a bit of a different format due to culture I'd highly suggest this guy:

But I think what you're saying is very related to this thread. It seems clear our culture, education, government and "tech" (at the very least) have been taken over by a monoculture that seems to be currently in it's final stages of "take over".

This open's up competition every time, and I love it so far... Triple R (nickname really) is great for what it is, I've recently gotten into a lot of eastern stuff as well and am very happy with the shift.
    Last edited by TargeT; 7th September 2022 at 22:13.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Brigantia (13th September 2022), DNA (15th October 2022), Inversion (15th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (8th September 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th September 2022), Open Minded Dude (13th September 2022)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    German
    Thanks

A new installment by TCD on "Why Modern Movies Suck".

The topic is deliberate fan baiting by the studios as a marketing ploy. They are selling their movies and shows by inciting the cultural wokeness war going on in wider society also on this battlefield of entertainment, esp. tv shows / movies, also including video games, merchandise, etc.

On the same topic:

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Brigantia (13th September 2022), DNA (15th October 2022), Inversion (15th October 2022), leavesoftrees (14th September 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (14th September 2022), Vicus (14th September 2022)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,411 times in 1,668 posts

MOVIES AND TVThe Disturbing (and Deeply Irritating) Globalist Agendas in the James Bond Movie “No Time to Die”

The story of “No Time to Die” revolves around a DNA-targeting virus that’s oddly similar to monkeypox. Considering the fact that the movie was completed around 2019, the coincidence is rather unsettling. Is the movie another case of predictive programming? Also, what is wrong with James Bond?

No Time to Die was one of the first movies to be released in theaters after COVID lockdowns. And, if moviegoers expected a fun escape from reality from this blockbuster movie, well, that’s not what they got. Instead, viewers got a sad, troubled, and depressed James Bond moping around for about three hours. In fact, a more appropriate title for the movie should have been A LOT of Time to Die. Because it takes about three hours for James Bond to finally give up and die. Because, yes, Bond actually dies in the movie. In a weird, cowardly way to boot.

So when the movie was (finally) over, my face was scrunched up in utter confusion. I can’t say that I’m a James Bond aficionado, but that movie did not feel like James Bond at all. Isn’t he all about guns, girls, and gadgets?

So what happened to James Bond? One word: Agendas. The cool, suave, confident, patriotic, and womanizing hero of the past does not fit today’s social climate. Sean Connery’s version of James Bond was a 20th-century version of propaganda. It was about promoting the MI6 and Great Britain as a whole through popular culture using a charismatic protagonist. And it worked.

However, we are in the 21st century. Globalism turned national pride into national shame and strong masculinity into toxic masculinity. The James Bond of the past is now “problematic” and modern James Bond has to comply with today’s cultural orthodoxy.

The Fall of James Bond

James Bond used to be a free, unattached, and adventurous spy who traveled to exotic locations and hooked up with alluring yet dangerous “Bond girls”. And, no matter what happened to him, he prevailed – unfazed and looking sharp.

Daniel Craig’s Bond is the exact opposite of what you just read. If old-school James Bond was unfazed, new James Bond is continually fazed. On a couple of occasions, he’s even disrespected and humiliated.

While in Jamaica, Bond is told by a new agent named Nomi that she’s 007 now. I guess James Bond is just a double zero now.

So the legendary 007 is not even 007 in his own movie. Then, we see him sitting in the passenger seat as Nomi drives him around. It’s all very symbolic. It’s all about subtle emasculation.

While in Cuba, Bond meets a CIA agent named Paloma who has all of the makings of a “Bond girl”. However, when Bond comes on to her, she rejects him with a slightly disgusted look, as if saying “Ew, don’t touch me you old perv”. Why was this cringe-inducing scene kept in this three-hour movie? Because it’s part of the “destroy James Bond” narrative.

Globalist-controlled media takes pleasure in corrupting popular franchises by injecting them with its toxic agenda. They know that people hate this, but they do it anyways. If they created new franchises containing their agenda, nobody would watch them. So they ride on the popularity of existing franchises while “infecting” them with their poison, the same way Heracles infected James Bond.

This is not entertainment, this is social conditioning. Not even James freaking Bond can escape the elite’s weird weaponized viruses. What message does that send to us regular people?

In short, if someone asks you:

“Hey, wanna watch No Time to Die“.

Tell them:

“Sorry, No Time to Watch“.

Because life is too short for this crap.

https://vigilantcitizen.com/moviesan...o-time-to-die/
    Last edited by Vicus; 15th October 2022 at 22:34.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

Brigantia (25th October 2022), DNA (15th October 2022), Docim369 (22nd February 2024), Inversion (15th October 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (16th October 2022), Patient (25th October 2022)

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,032 times in 1,347 posts

Seeing as the huge stinking pile that is Rings of Power has featured a lot in this thread - I've just watched this Thomas Sheridan interview with Dave Cullen where they discuss the reasons why it is so bad.

In a nutshell, they discuss how the writers have no understanding of Tolkien's ideology. They say that they think that the writers watched the films, but hadn't read the books and are imposing their secular attitudes onto their work. They continue with a discussion of how other works such as the Bond films, Dr Who and Star Trek have also fallen prey to this.

Well worth a 1 hour and 7 minutes watch, and they have a good laugh at the beginning about some of the godawful dialogue.

Last edited by Brigantia; 25th October 2022 at 19:39.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Vicus (26th October 2022)

15. Link to Post #28
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,225 times in 2,093 posts

Quote Posted by Open Minded Dude (here)
    Amazon's LOTR really seems to be a train wreck. And embarrassing how the shill critics give high praise while most of the audiences don't like it. I saw it and it was boring so far. They made a build-up for 2 episodes and there is only 6 to go. Not a lot happened. The main actress is really badly written and played (and a Marie Sue). Visuals are okay though. Still want to give it a chance but I am not hopeful for improvement.

I tried to watch it and I found that I was not even paying attention enough to know what was going on.

Realized because it was so lame so I didn't try to re-watch it.

So I watched The Lord of the Rings again (the first one) and felt better.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Brigantia (29th October 2022), Vicus (26th October 2022)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    German
    Thanks

Every Hollywood movie (and show) is unbelievably woke now with all the ID politics propaganda. It is almost like satire. These movies are not successful at the box office and with audience ratings but the 'activists' don't care it seems. Go Woke Broke is real. The trailers get mostly downrated, nobody goes to see them at the box office.
    Here is the newest woke example from Disney (its just one of many):

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Ewan (6th May 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th May 2023), Vicus (31st March 2024)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    German
    Thanks

Maybe the Girl Boss phenomenon slowly is dying now as reality checks set in even with the movie studios that still want to make money and cater to the right audiences instead of to ideologies after all.

Every day shows its face to me. I don‘t care how it speaks to me. I love every hour.
    I love the old cat who is laughing secretly because she knows all paths.
    - Karat (Jede Stunde)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Vicus (31st March 2024)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 times in 784 posts

As with Art, Music, and Theatre I find that with very little effort one can simply "side step" the Mainstream and pop over into the "Fringe". oftentimes these outliers are available on some of the lager streaming services or "off Broadway" so to speak. As disgusted as I am often am with youtube it DOES have a lot of great content if we look hard enough and very often shared by Avalon members and our own Avalon Library is great.

Lots of options! ...for now.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

tessie999 (22nd February 2024), Tintin (22nd February 2024), Vicus (31st March 2024)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2