+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extremely odd dream-within-a-dream experiences... with a slightly or blatantly negative twinge?

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Extremely odd dream-within-a-dream experiences... with a slightly or blatantly negative twinge?

I'm curious if you guys ever have occurrences where you are in one dream, then there is a sort of mental struggle of sorts (hard to describe), then you wake up into another dream for a little while that looks pretty darn similar to what is actually happening in reality. I've had this happen a few times recently and it's always a total mindf*ck because the second dream is very close to actual reality and I think I'm actually awake, then I wake up for real.

I have a couple of these that I remember, which I will post below. #3 is the most extreme which happened the most recently and is what spurred me to post this thread.

---

I'm asleep and I come to my awareness. My vision is black. A mental struggle ensues and I feel like I'm fighting something mentally. My inner ear seems to indicate movement but I can't see anything.

I seem to win the struggle and I wake up. I wake up into a room that is nearly identical to the actual room I sleep in, but slightly different. Right when I wake up in this second dream, a very strange thing happens: I ejaculate all over the wall. It's completely abnormal, like, as if it was a super soaker or something. Weird as f*ck, lol.

I'm stressing out about this ridiculous mess I will have to clean up and worrying about a variety of things, when all of the sudden I realize my room looks sort of odd. That's when I wake up for real. It's extremely jarring and I say "what the ****" internally.

---

I forget what was happening before, but a mental struggle ensues and I feel a sense of relief because it seems that I have won. I again wake up into a somewhat similar room. My ex-girlfriend has sent me a bunch of presents. I'm stressed out again because I do not want to have to tell my current girlfriend that my ex-girlfriend sent me a bunch of presents.

I get up, pee, and go lay back down. When I lay down in the second dream, I wake up in real life. Once again I'm like WTF.

In both #1 and #2 I was stressed out and anxious, which is rare for me. Felt contrived.

---

For reference, I saw someone post about seeing a negative entity that was: "It was roughly 3 ½ feet tall, dark in color, with the same general form as us – a head, two arms and two legs, though it was grossly distorted, not neat and tidy in shape."

And I replied:

About a week ago I saw something that was nearly identical. I was dreaming, and then I was ripped out of that dream into another dream. In this second dream, I was laying next to my girlfriend just as I was in real life. There was a being with an identical description off the edge of the bed, standing over her. There was another being, again identical description, laying down next to her on the bed, doing something to her. I tried to kick this thing laying on the bed away in the second dream for a few seconds, while the being standing over the bed laughed maniacally. Then we both woke up and I GASPED REALLY F*CKING LOUDLY upon waking up (I NEVER do this), and to my recollection I said "What the f*ck just happened!". In my girlfriend's dream, apparently I was telling her all of these good things like "I've known you for 30 years..." and stuff like that to get her loosh going (I haven't known her for 30 years). She said she was in a borderline state of ecstasy. So I think these two things, basically identical to what you described, were feeding on my girlfriend and I somehow managed to see them, and what they were doing, and wake us up.

---

As far as I can remember, I've never had a good dream-within-a-dream experience.

It's a reminder to maintain awareness as you fall asleep if nothing else From what I've been able to tell, we are cattle who don't know they're cattle, but if I can help it, I'm going to make it as hard as possible for negative hyperdimensional beings to harvest my loosh

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to waxamillionpehhgasus For This Post:

Blacklight43 (4th November 2021), Innocent Warrior (24th January 2022), Pam (4th November 2021), selinam (4th November 2021), Spiral (24th January 2022), terragunn (24th January 2022), XelNaga (24th January 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Default Re: Extremely odd dream-within-a-dream experiences... with a slightly or blatantly negative twinge?

Here is a strange dream within a dream that I had a while back. I was lying in my bed with the door closed. Someone is calling outside the door saying we need to get going, I was unable to respond. Then the weird part, I become aware that it is a dream and I decide to consciously enter my dream body so that I can get up and go. When the version of myself that is aware that it is a dream enters the body lying in the bed I am terrified that I can't make that body do anything at all. I can't move, talk or anything. Then I wake up realizing that it was a dream within a dream....Very weird experience.

Thanks for sharing your interesting , strange dreams, waxamillion....

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (24th January 2022), mizo (4th November 2021), selinam (4th November 2021), Spiral (24th January 2022), terragunn (24th January 2022), XelNaga (24th January 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 times in 415 posts

Default Re: Extremely odd dream-within-a-dream experiences... with a slightly or blatantly negative twinge?

I have had numerous experiences of being in a dream within a dream. However, I have never had so much aggravation as to fall asleep, enter a dream scenario, wake up, fall back asleep and enter the same dream scenario, over and over again, throughout the entire night. Each time I would enter, things would be slightly different, but it was the same ‘dream’ locale. Such, of course, is in the astral, and from here we would go into a much deeper subject – the astral realm. In one such experience, I had returned so many times in one night that I became eventually lucid, and shouted, ‘Why do I keep returning to this place?!’

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to terragunn For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (24th January 2022), Spiral (24th January 2022), XelNaga (24th January 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 times in 243 posts

Hi waxamillionpehhgasus,

I'm not sure if my experience will fit the description of what you have asked, but your thread reminded me of something and I felt like sharing it.

It is the dream that I had when I was a child, perhaps 6-9 years old, but it is one of my favorite dreams that I will always remember.

I was dreaming that I'm being chased by some witch. I remember that I was afraid, and I said to myself "I don't wanna have this dream anymore". In that moment, I was puled away from that dream and I was in a room, like a security office room, with 12 screens, 4 in each row. On one of those screens I have seen that dream with a witch.

Other screen had other dreams displayed on them. There was one with cowboys, one with dinosaurs etc. I have entered couple of those dreams, had a little fun, and when it gets boring or scary, I go back to the "screen room" to choose another dream.

I'm not sure if this fits the "dream within a dream" category, or perhaps it is what is called as lucid dream, but whatever it was, I remember it dearly.

If my post is off-topic, I apologise.

Kind regards..

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (24th January 2022), Spiral (24th January 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Quote Posted by XelNaga (here)
    Hi waxamillionpehhgasus,

I'm not sure if my experience will fit the description of what you have asked, but your thread reminded me of something and I felt like sharing it.

It is the dream that I had when I was a child, perhaps 6-9 years old, but it is one of my favorite dreams that I will always remember.

I was dreaming that I'm being chased by some witch. I remember that I was afraid, and I said to myself "I don't wanna have this dream anymore". In that moment, I was puled away from that dream and I was in a room, like a security office room, with 12 screens, 4 in each row. On one of those screens I have seen that dream with a witch.

Other screen had other dreams displayed on them. There was one with cowboys, one with dinosaurs etc. I have entered couple of those dreams, had a little fun, and when it gets boring or scary, I go back to the "screen room" to choose another dream.

I'm not sure if this fits the "dream within a dream" category, or perhaps it is what is called as lucid dream, but whatever it was, I remember it dearly.

If my post is off-topic, I apologise.

Kind regards..
    This reminds me of a dream my son told me about which he had around the same age you had yours. How interesting because when he told me about it I got the idea that his dream was gifted to him and other children for fun, and now while reading yours I got the idea that it’s also a lesson in how to choose what to dream.

If I recall correctly he was dreaming about something before this but I can’t remember what, but then a screen appeared in front of him with a list of different animals on it, they were listed like it would be in a computer game menu. He could choose any animal from the list and then he would dream about actually being the animal he chose.

He chose the eagle. He began as an eaglet learning to fly and then continued to have a long, vivid dream, experiencing the highlights at different stages of living the life of an eagle. He told me in detail about what it was like to be a fully grown eagle, flying so high and fast in the sky and using his tail feathers to swiftly change directions.

When he woke up the morning after he recalled that the screen was set up like a multiplayer game and was sure there would be other kids at school who had the same dream. He asked all his friends if they had dreamt of being an animal the night before and one indeed had, a friend had chosen a different animal, I don’t recall what it was.

About dreams within dreams. I’ve had one that’s similar in nature to the OP’s.

It was a sleep paralysis episode and I woke up a a few times, thinking I’d woken up for real each time. Same thing with the room, it was my bedroom but at one point I noticed there was a lamp where my clothes rack should be.

Each time I woke up I was struggling to move but couldn’t and at the same time I felt like I kept on getting dragged back under and fell asleep again. At one point I woke up, actually sat up and put my feet on the floor but then two hands reached out from under my bed and grabbed my ankles, then I suddenly woke up again. I don’t recall seeing any more than the hands and lower arms but was left with the impression the creature looked like a gremlin.

Total head f**k. But here’s what I find really creepy and scary. I get the sense that it’s some kind of very real attack by some kind of malevolent beings. That they attack and trap you in a real parallel world and keep you stuck there by keeping you from waking up in this world and you can’t escape until you wake up for real, which is a battle to achieve. I haven’t thought any further into it because it scares me too much, I hope I’m wrong about those dreams.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Spiral (24th January 2022), XelNaga (24th January 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,359 times in 639 posts

This experience is also commonly called a 'False Awakening'. You think you woke up in your bedroom, go about the day and then something odd happens and you realise you're still asleep.

I've had this quite often and it can lead to some awkward and even funny situations.

A few times I woke up in my bedroom from a noteworthy dream experience and got immediately to my dream / AP diary which I did indeed for a while during my more active projection days. I try to jot down a few notes only to notice then that the letters somehow get blurry or change or the book's pages somehow are inconsistent, and then realise 'oh fu... I'm still dreaming'.

One of my earliest False Awakenings was during a trip to London for a 1-day seminar at my company I worked for back then. I was nervous when I checked into the hotel and did not want to miss the seminar and when I went to bed checked for the alarm clock several times to be on alert to wake me up.
    This might have triggered the FA when I got up as normal after the alarm went off. Everything looked as it had looked before, so it was a kind of 'perfect OBE' into that hotel room. I got up, dressed up and normally went to the bathroom to get ready. Only after 5 minutes or so I noticed ONE odd thing.
    Only one little odd thing: The electric socket on the bathroom wall for my electric razor was a continental version with two holes and not the English version with 3, so I would not have needed the adapter I bought before the trip. That 'strange' realization triggered my 'real' awakening in the bed.
    I got up, ran to the bathroom, confused of course because FAs were a new thing for me, checked and indeed it then had the 3 holes.

Quote Posted by waxamillionpehhgasus (here)
    I'm asleep and I come to my awareness. My vision is black. A mental struggle ensues and I feel like I'm fighting something mentally. My inner ear seems to indicate movement but I can't see anything.
    :
    This state you were in seems to be THE VOID. A common 'place' to go for OBErs / astral projectors / lucid dreamers. It serves among some other purposes as a kind of 'hub' or 'transport mode' you can move through before you enter any astral scenery or dream scenery of your (conscious or subconscious) choice.

+ Reply to Thread