+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Christmas ads - good and bad

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,987 times in 562 posts

Default Christmas ads - good and bad

Here in the UK John Lewis has released their second Christmas commercial . Their 1st ad was removed after complaints...

IMHO This ad should also be removed!

Just how much fuel did that rocket ship burn-up and waste? Was that alien visitation really an essential trip? Just did anyone think about the rocket-ship carbon footprint ...

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mizo For This Post:

Dubsy (6th November 2021), Franny (4th November 2021), Gemma13 (26th November 2021), happyuk (4th November 2021), Lunesoleil (5th November 2021), Mercedes (4th November 2021), Pam (6th November 2021), Sérénité (4th November 2021), UNEEKSTUF (4th November 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,055 times in 868 posts

Default Re: Christmas ads - good and bad

Love the song though ❤️ *goosebumps*

Meanwhile on earth...we’re all having electric nightmares
    Last edited by Sérénité; 4th November 2021 at 11:13.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

Dubsy (6th November 2021), Franny (4th November 2021), Gemma13 (26th November 2021), Mercedes (4th November 2021), mizo (4th November 2021), Pam (6th November 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,396 times in 4,297 posts

I haven't watched a single advert from start to finish in maybe 30 years. They are literally scripted programming for sheeple brains. They are designed to convince you that you want to buy stuff, stuff you probably don't want and don't need. I refuse to subject myself to them. I despise shopping at any rate (i'm a guy, go figure). I know this outlet or that outlet exists, and I know where to find most of them. If I don't, I look them up. I know generally what they sell; if I need something I can go find it.

Consumerism is bad enough, but plugging, promoting, and blasting it at us 24/7 is pure cancer, and should be treated as such. Advertising should absolutely be eliminated from all forms of broadcasting and print media.

Yellow Pages used to exist. If you need something, you canvas and search for it, not the other way round.

Sorry to rant on your thread!
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (5th November 2021), Dubsy (6th November 2021), Franny (4th November 2021), Gemma13 (26th November 2021), gord (6th November 2021), Mike (6th November 2021), mizo (4th November 2021), Pam (6th November 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    I haven't watched a single advert from start to finish in maybe 30 years. They are literally scripted programming for sheeple brains. They are designed to convince you that you want to buy stuff, stuff you probably don't want and don't need. I refuse to subject myself to them. I despise shopping at any rate (i'm a guy, go figure). I know this outlet or that outlet exists, and I know where to find most of them. If I don't, I look them up. I know generally what they sell; if I need something I can go find it.

Consumerism is bad enough, but plugging, promoting, and blasting it at us 24/7 is pure cancer, and should be treated as such. Advertising should absolutely be eliminated from all forms of broadcasting and print media.

Yellow Pages used to exist. If you need something, you canvas and search for it, not the other way round.

Please feel free to rant away -I seldom watch TV and I agree with what you stated (well most of it as I don't mind shopping for something I really need) -tbh, I posted the thread as a 'joke'... a dig at the COP26 summit and the scare- mongering climate change propagandist. Seemingly, (maybe) it's not a funny joke though my sense of humour is a bit skewed at times.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mizo For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (5th November 2021), Dubsy (6th November 2021), Franny (4th November 2021), Gemma13 (26th November 2021), gord (6th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (5th November 2021), Pam (6th November 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,290 times in 1,184 posts

Arrow Re: Christmas ads - good and bad

Too funky
    😀😜🤫

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Dubsy (6th November 2021), Gemma13 (26th November 2021), mizo (5th November 2021), Pam (6th November 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I had to think hard here in order to write this post

I know I could open a bigly can of worms and be seen as somebody that I'm not. A person that has views that I myself would never befriend or be associated with.

As a Caucasian white guy ( this should not be an issue to anyone ) I have more 'black' friends than white friends.

Nobody will ever be more happy and cool with humans of all colours, ethnicities and countries coming together and having beautiful children than myself.

I've spent most of my adult life travelling and mixing with people 'outside' of my ethnic heritage.

Pheeeeeew .......... that was the difficult part of this comment.

I'm more than a little confused by the agenda in those John Lewis ads -- For 2 years running they have based their advertisements showing families that are minorities in the UK, with very little regard to the Christmas spirit and religious roots of the festival.

If I'm missing something in the message, please enlighten me. Maybe the people behind these ads are wishing for a better more 'inclusive' world ( no apologies for the trigger word ).

Black ethnic people make up 3.3% of the UK population and I'm trying to get my head around why they are being used to justify this cultural meme that the ethnic group is higher in proportion in the population than it actually is.

As I stated above -- This is a very delicate subject for me, and I feel I am stepping on eggshells/

If you think there are any racist connotations to my comments --- you really are not understanding my comment

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Gemma13 (26th November 2021), jaybee (6th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th November 2021), mizo (6th November 2021), Pam (6th November 2021), Sue (Ayt) (6th November 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,369 times in 3,306 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)

If the advertisements are really clever, not only can they push for the sale of a product but they can also support programming of a multitude of programs the government is pushing to maintain the narrative. I agree that it is really important to not subject yourself to this stuff. We are all programmed and programmable, some way more so than others, but it is foolhardy to underestimate their power to influence.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Dubsy (6th November 2021), Gemma13 (26th November 2021), gord (6th November 2021), jaybee (6th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th November 2021), mizo (6th November 2021), Sue (Ayt) (6th November 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dubsy (here)

I know I could open a bigly can of worms and be seen as somebody that I'm not. A person that has views that I myself would never befriend or be associated with.

As a Caucasian white guy ( this should not be an issue to anyone ) I have more 'black' friends than white friends.

Nobody will ever be more happy and cool with humans of all colours, ethnicities and countries coming together and having beautiful children than myself.

I've spent most of my adult life travelling and mixing with people 'outside' of my ethnic heritage.

I'm more than a little confused by the agenda in those John Lewis ads -- For 2 years running they have based their advertisements showing families that are minorities in the UK, with very little regard to the Christmas spirit and religious roots of the festival.

If I'm missing something in the message, please enlighten me. Maybe the people behind these ads are wishing for a better more 'inclusive' world ( no apologies for the trigger word ).

Black ethnic people make up 3.3% of the UK population and I'm trying to get my head around why they are being used to justify this cultural meme that the ethnic group is higher in proportion in the population than it actually is.

As I stated above -- This is a very delicate subject for me, and I feel I am stepping on eggshells/

If you think there are any racist connotations to my comments --- you really are not understanding my comment
    I don't find anything racist in what you said, Dubsy. My feelings the white races and culture are being largly being eliminated in the agenda that is presented by the woke agenda, we simply aren't needed or wanted for the narrative, unless it is used to promote our "privileged" status just as the spiritual aspect of the what we have traditionally called Christmas is not wanted or needed replaced instead by the materialistic aspects of it. That is a trend and there are exceptions to this of course.

Both commercials are fluffy, feel good, not based in reality. The cute animal thing with them happily jumping on the trampoline and easily coexisting in a upper class neighborhoods is just pure fantasy. Can you imagine the family coming out the next morning and finding fox and raccon poop on the trampoline? Of course the animals are made to look like sanitized versions of the real thing like they just stepped out of a grooming salon.The adorable little boy who cleverly finds a way to bond with the alien child, when in reality he would most likely be so fixated on a technical device he wouldn't notice an alligator in the room.

I'm not sure what it is they are selling in these commercials? A fake vision of perfect happiness on a holiday that brings out the best in all of us. Nobody fighting about vaccine status or which "party" they voted for? No on drinking one to many? One that allows us to spend tons of money on gifts and live in upper class homes without a worry. No mention of social distancing, masks ect....

Does anyone know the actual point of these commercials? What are they selling or promoting?
    Last edited by Pam; 6th November 2021 at 11:13.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Dubsy (6th November 2021), Gemma13 (26th November 2021), jaybee (6th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th November 2021), Mike (6th November 2021), mizo (6th November 2021), Sue (Ayt) (6th November 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

As always, Pam

You are able to answer me in succinct language that makes all my 'beating around the bush' seem rather clumsy

I will write more on the subject --- I have to go for dinner -- everything stops for dinner here, very civilized.

I remember when everything stopped for tea in the UK and people actually had to talk to each other

Hat tip to Mizo .. got me thinking
    Last edited by Dubsy; 6th November 2021 at 11:46.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Gemma13 (26th November 2021), jaybee (6th November 2021), mizo (6th November 2021), Pam (6th November 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

I only watched it once but I liked it.  I totally get what you are saying though.  In our current climate we're seeing more and more themes of inclusivety being thrust into the spotlight.  I don't have an issue with this per se but I do when some of them, actually lots of them, are just stupid, over the top, in your face, virtue signalling rubbish.

I kinda like what this artist did though with black and white if it was a prerequisite woke theme he/she was commissioned to work with.

Innocent black child connecting with alien-ated white female, (or non gender specific person??), with no fear, no baggage, just friendship and love.  The Spirit of Christmas in our racially charged climate right there.

I'm not artsy enough to delve intellectually into critiquing I'm afraid, so perhaps I was just seeing it through a warm and fuzzy filter because the music got to me.

And I did deliberately write this from my naive position of not knowing anything about the influence these John Lewis ads have and how they've changed.  I've since had a quick browse and could well have been jaded about it too if I was aware of the history.

Still like it though, lol
    Last edited by Gemma13; 6th November 2021 at 12:40.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Dubsy (7th November 2021), mizo (6th November 2021), Pam (6th November 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gemma13 (here)

I only watched it once but I liked it.  I totally get what you are saying though.  In our current climate we're seeing more and more themes of inclusivety being thrust into the spotlight.  I don't have an issue with this per se but I do when some of them, actually lots of them, are just stupid, over the top, in your face, virtue signalling rubbish.

I kinda like what this artist did though with black and white if it was a prerequisite woke theme he/she was commissioned to work with.

Innocent black child connecting with alien-ated white female, (or non gender specific person??), with no fear, no baggage, just friendship and love.  The Spirit of Christmas in our racially charged climate right there.

I'm not artsy enough to delve intellectually into critiquing I'm afraid, so perhaps I was just seeing it through a warm and fuzzy filter because the music got to me.

And I did deliberately write this from my naive position of not knowing anything about the influence these John Lewis ads have and how they've changed.  I've since had a quick browse and could well have been jaded about it too if I was aware of the history.

Still like it though, lol
    I have to admit, that it is nice to have a warm, nostalgic feeling. And in all honesty, I admit it doesn't have the contrive politically correct including one of every group deemed politically correct no matter how much they don't fit into the story line...at least it is fluffy, kindly diversion and did not in any way promote antagonism.

I guess I have really become hyper focused on programming of late as I realize how vulnerable we are to it. I am always looking to what kind of messages on different levels are being sold to us. I guess I should look the producer up and she what it is he usually advertises for.

It would be lovely if the world he presented was real. I always, absolutely loved the imagery of Snow White and her cottage with all the animals and birds happily interacting. How they responded to her purity and genuine goodness. I would love nothing more than that to be a reality.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Dubsy (7th November 2021), Gemma13 (26th November 2021), jaybee (6th November 2021), mizo (6th November 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,938 times in 2,204 posts

This is a good presentation on the subject by Paul Joseph Watson... (14:09)

Social Engineering in TV Commercials

For a while (years) this has been building up and has now reached ridiculous proportions - at first I was a bit puzzled by it but of course the super rich globalists pushing the New World Order crap with it's Trans~human, trans~gender and mixed race agenda has taken over and control all the Media and can totally control what adverts are used - like with Orwell double speak.... all the promotion of diversity is really about making everyone the same -

Part of the heavy social engineering for the Fake New World appears to be erasing positive images of the white male - and stripping him of power.... which is ironic as I expect the billionaires and trillionaires pushing all this are white males themselves... or it wouldn't be allowed to happen....

If I am watching something like a film or art programme on the telly and adverts come on I have to quickly turn the sound off and look away or it makes me very annoyed...

Everything produced by the NWO cabal is so inauthentic, fake and dark - even though on the face of it it's all supposed to be bright, happy, cute, colourful, big smiles and laughing hahaha .... but you can sense the fakeness like a bad smell creeping in to your mind... ugh...

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Dubsy (7th November 2021), Gemma13 (26th November 2021), mizo (6th November 2021), Pam (6th November 2021), Sue (Ayt) (6th November 2021)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jaybee (here)
    This is a good presentation on the subject by Paul Joseph Watson.
    PJW sums this up very well.

After making a conscious decision 10 years ago to dump the tv, I find myself becoming quite sensitive and triggered when I view tv commercials -- the opposite kind of trigger that the ads are designed to induce.

There's a slow mission creep in advertising these days that I find rather sinister.
    I usually have no idea what is being sold to me ( the actual product or services ), but I have a very good idea of the subliminal 'product' that they are selling.

It's a very clever and well thought out agenda that is completely remodeling peoples psyche. from lifestyle choices, core values, and emotional responses.

The past is being slowly erased and replaced by a type of fake futurist utopia that you have to sellout to in order to become a 'free thinker' and a part of the new, far improved society. -- People police each-other in a faux competition to become the most enlightened - 'woke'. .... which helps perpetuate and spread the agenda.

There is no room for people who question this social engineering, as the knee jerk responses and trigger words to any resistance to the programming has already been written in. -- So, in reality, these people are not encouraged to think freely for themselves. They've become more like a hive minded Borg collective.

Everything is becoming very sanitized, joyless ......... and dare I say soulless.
    Last edited by Dubsy; 7th November 2021 at 04:49.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Gemma13 (26th November 2021), mizo (7th November 2021)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Another recent Christmas advert that has upset quite a few...

Is it correct to sexualise Santa in this way?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mizo For This Post:

Dubsy (26th November 2021), Gemma13 (26th November 2021)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mizo (here)
    Another recent Christmas advert that has upset quite a few...

Is it correct to sexualise Santa in this way?

Wow. ... just WOW.

I was a big fan of the 'Scandi' type of 'socialism' - for a period I really believed they had got it right.

I've noticed over the last few years that my Norwegian and Finnish friends have been attacking the church in many conversations we have had.

This is not a big problem for me, as I too feel no real affinity to the church as it stands now.

I was brought up in Christian church schools, and although I dont follow the doctrine, I will never forget the love that all of those teachers gave and instilled in me.

It's the breaking down of the spirit that I cannot understand.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Gemma13 (26th November 2021), mizo (26th November 2021)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Quote Is it correct to sexualise Santa in this way?
    Sure, I guess. Mommy got there first though!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Dubsy (26th November 2021), mizo (26th November 2021)

+ Reply to Thread