+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can Immortality Exist...?

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

Default Can Immortality Exist...?

I'm curious to your thoughts, comments, stories, insights and examples whether immortality exists here on the 3D realm and who in history (or currently) have claimed, studied or been identified or having been "proven" that humans can and do live exceptionally "long" lives under the correct schooling, diet, beliefs, practices or environment - or not.

Thanks

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Ankle Biter (5th November 2021), Brigantia (4th November 2021), ExomatrixTV (4th November 2021), Goba (6th November 2021), Gracy (5th November 2021), Harmony (5th November 2021), haroldsails (4th November 2021), Heart to heart (6th November 2021), Inversion (4th November 2021), Johnnycomelately (23rd December 2022), Mare (4th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th November 2021), Mercedes (4th November 2021), palehorse (6th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021), pueblo (5th November 2021), rgray222 (5th November 2021), Sérénité (5th November 2021), truthseek (5th November 2021), XelNaga (24th December 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,283 times in 21,093 posts

Default Re: Can Immortality Exist...?

• Lets say your Soul/Consciousness is already immortal and having physical immortality could be a severe longtime punishment for the original path of the Soul! ... Like you jail (imprison)/ highly limit your Soul/Consciousness for life ... Unless it is 100% okay to be limited in who you truly are.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 23rd December 2022 at 17:26.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Agape (6th November 2021), Ankle Biter (5th November 2021), Brigantia (5th November 2021), Harmony (5th November 2021), Heart to heart (6th November 2021), hm337 (5th November 2021), Inversion (4th November 2021), Mare (4th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th November 2021), Mercedes (4th November 2021), Michi (5th November 2021), O Donna (5th November 2021), palehorse (6th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021), pueblo (5th November 2021), rgray222 (5th November 2021), scotslad (5th November 2021), Sunny-side-up (4th November 2021), truthseek (5th November 2021), Wind (6th November 2021), yelik (5th November 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,467 times in 267 posts

Wale Baba seemed to be able to keep his body young until he was murdered:

Mahavatar Babaji is allegedly able to recreate his body:

Last edited by Builder; 4th November 2021 at 19:24.
    To connect humankind with itself and the Cosmos!

6. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Builder For This Post:

Agape (6th November 2021), Ankle Biter (5th November 2021), Brigantia (5th November 2021), ExomatrixTV (6th November 2021), gini (22nd December 2022), Harmony (5th November 2021), Inversion (4th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th November 2021), Mercedes (4th November 2021), Michel Leclerc (5th November 2021), palehorse (6th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021), pueblo (5th November 2021), rgray222 (5th November 2021), scotslad (5th November 2021), truthseek (5th November 2021), yelik (5th November 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

I highly recommend the "autobiography of a yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda. In it all sorts of "secrets" are described.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to truthseek For This Post:

Ankle Biter (5th November 2021), Harmony (5th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021), pueblo (5th November 2021), rgray222 (5th November 2021), scotslad (5th November 2021), Wind (6th November 2021), XelNaga (24th December 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,056 times in 1,753 posts

I am reminded of the novel by Aldous Huxley, "After Many a Summer" - Huxley explores this persistent quest to live longer, death and mortality. I have some personal views on this, I consider 'Sleep' to be the big clue here.
    Why do human beings have to sleep each 24 hour cycle?
    It seems the strain, and energy required to sustain conscious life is vast indeed, almost as if consciousness itself is not possible to support indefinitely: we have to revisit the 'land of the dead' and recharge our brains; I think sleep holds the mystical key to the human question.
    We take REM sleep very much for granted, it is as mundane as breathing itself.
    Anything that is taken for granted holds a key to the essential nature of that topic, because we simply accept it reveals how critical it is.

10. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Ankle Biter (5th November 2021), Brigantia (5th November 2021), Docim369 (24th December 2022), ExomatrixTV (10th November 2021), Gracy (5th November 2021), Harmony (5th November 2021), hm337 (5th November 2021), jimbobule (5th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021), pueblo (5th November 2021), rgray222 (5th November 2021), Sadieblue (6th November 2021), scotslad (5th November 2021), Sérénité (5th November 2021), truthseek (5th November 2021), Wind (6th November 2021), XelNaga (24th December 2022), yelik (5th November 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

Quote Posted by Mike Gorman (here)
    I am reminded of the novel by Aldous Huxley, "After Many a Summer" - Huxley explores this persistent quest to live longer, death and mortality. I have some personal views on this, I consider 'Sleep' to be the big clue here.
    Why do human beings have to sleep each 24 hour cycle?
    It seems the strain, and energy required to sustain conscious life is vast indeed, almost as if consciousness itself is not possible to support indefinitely: we have to revisit the 'land of the dead' and recharge our brains; I think sleep holds the mystical key to the human question.
    We take REM sleep very much for granted, it is as mundane as breathing itself.
    Anything that is taken for granted holds a key to the essential nature of that topic, because we simply accept it reveals how critical it is.
    The issue of immortality holds no special place for me other than being an intriguing topic. That said I also feel that sleep holds the key to unlocking consciousness, the power of the brain and has the possibility to provide us with tremendous insight into "life" after death. Sleep truly is a recharging system and not just to allow our physical batteries to return to 5 bar strength but more importantly, it allows us to deal with all things metaphysical and much more.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Agape (6th November 2021), Ankle Biter (5th November 2021), Brigantia (5th November 2021), ExomatrixTV (10th November 2021), Harmony (5th November 2021), Michi (5th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021), pueblo (5th November 2021), Sadieblue (6th November 2021), scotslad (5th November 2021), Sérénité (5th November 2021), XelNaga (24th December 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,088 times in 870 posts

I’ve always found it intriguing how you see that some people’s souls want to carry on living but their body’s are too tired and some body’s want to keep on living but the soul is too tired.
    Maybe the main ingredient of longevity is both the body and soul being in agreement

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

Agape (6th November 2021), Ankle Biter (5th November 2021), Brigantia (5th November 2021), Builder (6th November 2021), Dorjezigzag (6th November 2021), gini (22nd December 2022), hm337 (5th November 2021), Jambo (8th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th November 2021), Michi (5th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021), pueblo (5th November 2021), XelNaga (24th December 2022), yelik (5th November 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Bulgaria Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

this by no means can be explained in a single post ...

the first death ( death of innocents ) is likened to a deep sleep ( which God caused ) which in picture is spiritual laziness as in

"Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger."

there is only one book which explains this, but to see what it says one must turn from all preconceived thoughts/beliefs of what one has been lead to believe, which is a go sell all ones possessions scenario relating to perceived truths held to ...

to begin to see this one must understand the book speaks to the truth as well as the anti of it, and our soul ( both individual and collective ) being the pivotal of this ...

where we find ourselves at this time ( place of the dead/grave ) is to be spiritually dead to self, which is a division or separation by perception of who we are by where we are, of which the second death brings an end to ... and this end a new beginning

thing is this process of our souls journey of a there and back ( wounding & healing ) is beyond our natural minds ability to comprehend because it thinks in a linear fashion as in precept upon precept or line upon line or leaf upon leaf which becomes a covering as in a perception of our soul/tree within the parameters of a beginning and an end and therefor bound between them ... inject the picture of Samson blind and bound between two pillars which held up the temple into your mind as a picture of what i just wrote ...

so if one forgoes/sells/gives up their own reasoning ( likened to dead works ) and follows the Christ/Truth in them which is one and the same as a turning to see by coming out of a mind set and into another ... and this a path that leads to life by a death ... these verses speak to these two coverings/perceptions ... our own which reveals our nakedness and Gods which covers it ...

Now when this the perishable shall have put on the imperishable, and this, the mortal, shall have put on immortality, then the word having been written will come to pass: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."

So while we are in this tent, we groan under our burdens, because we do not wish to be unclothed but clothed, so that our mortality may be swallowed up by life.

ill stop here as i posted on this subject matter two days back and my post was removed/censored without explanation and so not sure if what i have wrote thus far will be deleted as well !

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mozo33 For This Post:

Pam (7th November 2021), Sadieblue (6th November 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Bulgaria Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sérénité (here)
    I’ve always found it intriguing how you see that some people’s souls want to carry on living but their body’s are too tired and some body’s want to keep on living but the soul is too tired.
    Maybe the main ingredient of longevity is both the body and soul being in agreement
    the separation is between joints and marrow as in soul and spirit ... when they are in agreement they walk as one ... division is death ... to be whole or singular is Life ..

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mozo33 For This Post:

Ankle Biter (5th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021), pueblo (5th November 2021), Sadieblue (6th November 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,303 times in 1,173 posts

It's actually not that hard to accomplish. What we need to set out to do is to reverse and slow down cell degradation. Tech used to exist on this Planet before the flood. It is simply a way to slow down the dividing of cells, making sure that DNA loss is countered (happens each time a cell divides), with the right tech we can slow down the cell crap to an extend that we would need to top it up every so many months (or something similar), cell would still divide, but at a discard able tempo. We'd stay young, the body does not need to withstand the test of time (there seems to be a max for the current rate of degradation, I believe something like 165 years or some).

In any case, we'd be able to live for a very long time (not sure if forever though), even when the body gets damaged beyond repair, there would still be a way to ensure survival. In any case, if they do crack it, you think we'd be the recipients of the outcome? Nah, those feckers thinking they own this Planet will corner it.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Ankle Biter (5th November 2021), gini (22nd December 2022), Pam (7th November 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Immortality here in 3D, walking the planet? No, not a chance. I'm sure it's absolutely possible to live for a very long time, maybe a couple of hundred years or so, and there are even stories of such people inserting themselves into key situations, at key times in the historical time table.

There are reports of a mysterious, very old and wise statesman inserting himself into the inner workings of the American Revolution, who gave a surprise speech to encourage the signing of the Declaration of Independence laying there on the table in Philadelphia, as hands trembled and wavered considering what it would feel like being hung for treason if things went south.

That speech supposedly put them over the hump.

There are also reports of the same type of man present, as Julius Caesar had second thoughts about crossing the River Rubicon. Some mysterious man supposedly struck up a patriotic song at just the right moment, with the men instantly joining in, giving Caesar the extra needed courage to thrust himself into the history books.

But living forever? Nah... Just look around at the cycles around us with the four seasons, everything has "a time", including us, no different than the gardens we tend in the spring and summer.

I mean hell, nothing lives forever. Not us, not our garden, even mountains eventually crumble back to nothing.

I'm not a big Bible person, but I know truth when I see it. Everything has a time:

Quote Ecclesiastes 3

New International Version

A Time for Everything

3 There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.

22. Link to Post #12
    Serbia Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    • Lets say your Soul/Consciousness is already immortal and having physical immortality could be a severe longtime punishment for the original path of the Soul! ... Like you jail (imprison)/ highly limit your Soul/Consciousness for life ... Unless it is 100% okay to be limited in who you truly are.
    I agree with this. In my viewpoint soul is immortal and there is no point in making body immortal. We are here in order to deal with predefined lessons of life, to learn about people and life, to learn to live with virtue. Nothing important that happens to us is accidental. It is all part of life plan that we together with spirit guides designed prior to being born. It's all tied with our growing as souls.

There is a book by Michael Newton "Journey of souls, Case studies of life between lives"
    ( https://www.pdfdrive.com/journey-of-...194555516.html)
    that is quite mind opening with respect to this topic. Author shows what happens between lives through serious of conversations with hypnotized clients.

If we would live immortal lives we would not be able to experience different viewpoints that come from being born in families with different background, we would always be constrained to single viewpoint. Life is a big school and every incarnation is practice of what one learns in theory in between lives. Learning is just more optimal when we switch from one life to another. We as souls are immortal.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hm337 For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (5th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021), Sadieblue (6th November 2021), scotslad (5th November 2021)

24. Link to Post #13
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,648 times in 1,188 posts

Technically a perfect healthy lifestyle and diet together with meditation will go a long way towards a much longer and happy life.

I speculate that once our body and mind is pure and perfectly balanced we could live for a very, very long time with virtually no illness. This can be difficult in the face of many distractions designed to move us away from this quest.

I would further speculate that a perfectly balanced mind and body our organs and DNA would operate differently and require less and less physical nourishment.

Our organs might simply absorb energy from the sun and ether.

The elites know this and give clues to those thinking for themselves with movies like The Island starring Ewan McGregor.

It would take a number of generations to achieve what we might call extreme long lives - perhaps immortality.

Our offsprigs may live to 150 years, there offsprings 300 years and so on.
    Last edited by yelik; 5th November 2021 at 15:33.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

gini (22nd December 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021)

26. Link to Post #14
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sérénité (here)
    as many a ascended master has taught, the answer lies in the "ego"

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to truthseek For This Post:

hm337 (6th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021), scotslad (7th November 2021)

28. Link to Post #15
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

I was very interested in immortality as a youngster. But I was not concerned about living forever. I just wanted to show the world it could be done. Over the years I have moderated my stance to living a healthy life to the very last day. I have no desire to live in this body forever. Although I keep thinking this is the best body I've ever had...

I still want to live in the real world not in this death cult. That requires a death of something at least.

As Jesus said, my kingdom is not of this world. I want to live in the kingdom of God, not in the kingdom of the evil one. It can have this place, and good riddance.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Agape (6th November 2021), Michi (5th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021), Sadieblue (6th November 2021), truthseek (6th November 2021)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

As Eugene Ionesco would say....

It is not the answer that enlightens, but the question.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Agape (6th November 2021), hm337 (6th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021), scotslad (7th November 2021)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,231 times in 233 posts

Immortality is all that exists. We are all splinters of that

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ben For This Post:

Agape (6th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021), scotslad (6th November 2021)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

We are already immortal.

Everything tied to time such as forms are temporary. You have a body, but aren't it.
    However, perhaps in time our life spans will be longer again as we evolve as a species.

"Cherry blossoms are a symbolic flower of the spring, a time of renewal, and the fleeting nature of life.
    Their life is very short. After their beauty peaks around two weeks, the blossoms start to fall."

A Japanese poem says:
    The morning glory blooms for an hour,
    Yet it differs not at heart
    From the giant pine which lives a thousand years.

~ Alan Watts

It's not the years that in your life count, it's the life in your years that counts.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Agape (6th November 2021), gini (22nd December 2022), hm337 (6th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,467 times in 267 posts

For the mechanistic approach to "repair" aging check out Aubrey de Grey:
    Last edited by Builder; 7th November 2021 at 07:48.
    To connect humankind with itself and the Cosmos!

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Builder For This Post:

gini (7th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021)

38. Link to Post #20
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,776 times in 4,344 posts

I will tell...a theory.

The Egyptians did not build the Pyramids, they inherited them, and their civilization grew around these marvellous, impossible monuments. The Pyramids have been grossly misinterpreted as burial chambers. In later epochs the Egyptians themselves more than likely viewed them as such, for they knew no better. They, or the Great Pyramid of Giza, was never originally a burial chamber, but a massive Resurrection machine. Machine is the wrong word – it was not technological, although it did employ a deal of technical ingenuity in its construction. Essentially, the pyramids were channelling devices for energy, and the sarcophagi placed inside were key. A subject was not dead when placed in a sarcophagus, but in a deep meditative state. The subject slept, perhaps for years in this state, under the watchful care of adepts, before returning rejuvenated. This could be done at intervals many times, potentially prolonging the lifespan of the subject for centuries. Virtual immortality.

The Pyramids were present in Egypt long before the Old Kingdom. The Atlanteans were in part the original builders – most likely the Atlantean gods, who were not indigenous to the earth. These same gods later entered the Egyptian pantheon, and many of their names are remembered today. Resurrection was at the heart of early Egyptian mythology. It was built upon tales of gods and miracles inspired by their Atlantean progenitors. But time changes all things, and very often the truth. The complex practice of Resurrection, achieved only by adepts of the old world, was all but lost. It went underground, to be fiercely protected. It became one of the cherished secrets of the Mystery Schools... For the lay however, a captivating myth endured, and morphed into the Egyptian mummification cult, and the belief in transmigration. It was set aside only for pharaohs and nobles seeking to emulate the gods of the ancient world.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Ankle Biter (7th November 2021), ExomatrixTV (9th November 2021), Gracy (7th November 2021), hm337 (8th November 2021), Pam (7th November 2021), scotslad (7th November 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast