+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst 1 16 56 66
Results 1,301 to 1,314 of 1314

Thread: Recent Cardiac Events Amongst Sports People

1. Link to Post #1301
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,994 times in 2,265 posts

Default Re: Recent Cardiac Events Amongst Sports People

Quote Watch: Former Valletta FC and Sliema Wanderers legend Danilo Doncic dies, aged 54

by Valhmor Camilleri May 1, 2024

Maltese football was shocked by the news on Wednesday that former Valletta and Sliema Wanderers striker Danilo Doncic passed away aged 54.

Reports in Bulgarian media said that Doncic died of a heart attack after having health problems for the past few months.

The body of the prolific goalscorer was found lifeless in his apartment in the Bulgarian capital.

Doncic has been in Bulgaria for the past few months as he was the coach of Lokomotiv Sofia. He stepped from his job last week.

However, Doncic will be fondly remembered in Maltese football for his trophy-laden spell at Valletta and Sliema Wanderers before managing several clubs after he hang up his boots.

Doncic will surely be fondly remembered by his former club Valletta FC with whom he made a name for himself as a prolific goalscorer.

He arrived in Maltese football in the summer of 1994 when he joined Valletta FC from Serbian side FK Belgrade.

After a slow start to his career at the City club he established himsef as a prolific goalscorer, scoring 58 goals in 63 appearances.

At Valletta he won the Premier League in 1996-97 in a season where he finished as the league top scorer with 32 goals. He also led the Citizens to three FA Trophy titles.

After leaving Valletta he moved to Bulgaria where he spent two years with Lokomotiv Sofia.

In 2001, he was back in Malta when he joined Sliema Wanderers and the Serbian forward managed to help the Blues to three successive titles between 2003 and 2005 as well as the FA Trophy in 2004.

With the Wanderers he continued to underline his status as a prolific goalscorer, finishing as top scorer three times, netting 32 goals in 2001-02, 18 goals in 2002-03, and 19 goals 2003-04.

With the Wanderers he made 133 appearances, and scored 93 goals.

After ending his playing career, he went into management an was appointed coach at Floriana, Sliema Wanderers, Tarxien Rainbows, Mosta and St Andrews.

In 2017, he took over at Valletta FC where he spent two seasons, leading them to the league and cup double before returning to the club for a short spell in 2022 where he led the team to the FA Trophy final.
    https://sport.timesofmalta.com/2024/...-dies-aged-54/

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (3rd May 2024), Bill Ryan (2nd May 2024), Ewan (2nd May 2024), Harmony (2nd May 2024), Hym (3rd May 2024), Mercedes (2nd May 2024), pyrangello (7th May 2024), Reinhard (2nd May 2024), skogvokter (3rd May 2024), Stephanie (3rd May 2024), wondering (2nd May 2024)

3. Link to Post #1302
    Thanks

Quote English wicketkeeper retires aged 23 due to heart condition

Gloucestershire wicketkeeper Ben Wells has been diagnosed with the same heart condition as James Taylor

Rory Dollard
    1 day ago

Gloucestershire wicketkeeper Ben Wells has been forced to retire at the age of 23 after being diagnosed with the same heart condition that ended James Taylor’s career.

Wells was told earlier this month that routine screening had detected arrhythmic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (AVRC), a rare disease which affects the heart’s muscle tissue and can be dangerous for sportsmen. He will step away from the game immediately and is set to have a defibrillator fitted.

Former England batter Taylor, now batting coach with Leicestershire, was 26 when he retired with a similar diagnosis in 2016. The then-international fell ill during the first day of Nottinghamshire’s pre-season match against Cambridge MCCU and was taken to hospital.

Wells has played 25 times for the county across all three formats and hit an unbeaten century in what turned out to be his final professional appearance against Durham in last year’s One Day Cup.

In an emotional open letter posted on Gloucestershire’s website, he wrote: “As tough as it is, this diagnosis has likely saved my life, and in time I hope that I can see it in that light. I’m very thankful to the doctors who have picked this up as soon as they could have.

“I’m very thankful for everything that cricket has given me throughout my life, from the friends I’ve made, the places I’ve been able to visit, and the many memories that I’ve made along the way. Cricket has been a massive part of my life for as long as I can remember, it’s been all I’ve ever wanted to do.

I will always be incredibly proud to be able to say I was a professional cricketer.”

Gloucestershire said: “While everyone at Gloucestershire is devastated for Ben, a hugely talented cricketer with a bright future ahead, we are incredibly grateful to both the club’s medical professionals and those externally who acted quickly to diagnose Ben’s heart condition at the earliest opportunity,” Gloucestershire said in a statement.

“The club, alongside the PCA [Professional Cricketers’ Association], are actively supporting Ben through what is undoubtedly a very difficult time for him and his family.”
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...b2538351.html#

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (3rd May 2024), Bill Ryan (3rd May 2024), Harmony (3rd May 2024), Hym (3rd May 2024), Mercedes (4th May 2024), pyrangello (7th May 2024), Reinhard (4th May 2024), Stephanie (3rd May 2024), wondering (3rd May 2024)

5. Link to Post #1303
    Thanks

Quote Worcestershire pay tribute to cricketer Josh Baker after his death aged 20

- Left-arm spinner had played for Second XI this week
    - CEO Ashley Giles: ‘Josh was part of our cricket family’

Ali Martin
    Thu 2 May 2024

Worcestershire have been left “heartbroken” and “devastated” after the death of Josh Baker, their promising left-arm spinner, at the age of 20.

Baker had been playing in a four-day second XI match against Somerset at Bromsgrove school this week, taking three wickets on the third day but then failing to show up on the fourth. His death was announced by the club on Thursday, the match having been abandoned at the lunch break.

“The news of Josh’s passing has left us all devastated,” said Ashley Giles, the club’s chief executive. “Josh was much more than a teammate; he was an integral part of our cricket family. We will all miss him terribly. All our love and prayers go out to Josh’s family and friends.”

No cause of death has been shared publicly at this stage, with ­Worcestershire requesting privacy as it consults Baker’s parents regarding a ­fitting tribute. The club is supporting teammates and staff members left shattered by the news.

The club said: “We are united in our grief and committed to honouring his memory in a manner befitting the remarkable person he was.

“ It was his vibrant spirit and infectious enthusiasm that endeared him to everyone he met. His warmth, kindness, and professionalism were remarkable, making him a true credit to his family and a loved member of our team.”

A product of Malvern College who rose through the county age-groups and turned professional in 2021, Redditch-born Baker played 22 first-class matches, claiming 43 wickets, and was capped twice by England at under-19 level.

In 2022, he was taken for 34 runs in a Championship over by Ben Stokes, who made a point of contacting the young spinner after the match to stress his “serious potential” and insist those six deliveries would not define him.

Baker was considered a burgeoning all-rounder himself, having made a career-best and match-winning 75 against Gloucestershire last season. In the final game of the campaign at Headingley he hit the runs that secured Worcestershire’s promotion back to Division One before embarking on a winter of club cricket in Australia.
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ar...er-dies-age-20

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (3rd May 2024), Bill Ryan (3rd May 2024), Harmony (3rd May 2024), Hym (3rd May 2024), Mercedes (4th May 2024), pyrangello (7th May 2024), Reinhard (4th May 2024), skogvokter (3rd May 2024), Stephanie (3rd May 2024), wondering (3rd May 2024)

7. Link to Post #1304
    Thanks

Quote WORRYING NEWS Ex-Premier League boss Iain Dowie, 59, lucky to be alive after suffering ‘big cardiac arrest’ during spin class

He admitted what made it 'more terrifying' for his wife

Ciaran Wiseman
    Published: 14:50, 30 Apr 2024

IAIN DOWIE is lucky to be alive after suffering a cardiac arrest during a spin class.

The former Premier League manager, 59, has thanked those who helped to save his life after the incident.

Dowie collapsed during an exercise session at his local gym and has admitted he is "very lucky" still to be alive.

He told BBC Sport: "I went to a spin class and don't remember too much more. I had a big cardiac arrest, unfortunately.

"Lots of people looked after me and did some great things in the gym, then the ambulance looked after me and I ended up in hospital for a good few days.

"I've been brilliant since and the heart is in good shape. I've got a little thing, an ICD [implantable cardioverter defibrillator] fitted that I hope will keep me going for another 20 years.

"It was probably more terrifying for my wife watching, but my view is I'm one of those lads who looks forward and I've been very, very lucky.

"I was in the right place to have it and perhaps it just wasn't my time."

Dowie has had three spells as a manager in the Premier League with Crystal Palace, Charlton and Hull.

He has also taken charge of QPR, Oldham and Coventry during his coaching career.

However, he is now a director for Northern Irish champions Larne.

As a player, Dowie scored 14 goals in 57 caps for Northern Ireland alongside an impressive club career.

The striker scored 33 goals in 175 Premier League appearances for Southampton, West Ham and Palace.
    https://www.thesun.ie/sport/12860235...ardiac-arrest/

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (3rd May 2024), Bill Ryan (3rd May 2024), Harmony (3rd May 2024), Hym (3rd May 2024), Mercedes (4th May 2024), pyrangello (7th May 2024), Reinhard (4th May 2024), skogvokter (3rd May 2024), Stephanie (3rd May 2024), wondering (3rd May 2024)

9. Link to Post #1305
    Thanks

Quote Former Charleston Southern basketball player suffers medical emergency

By David Shelton Special to The Post and Courier
    Apr 25, 2024

Former Charleston Southern forward Kalib Clinton suffered a medical emergency while playing a pick-up basketball game on campus and is in serious condition at a local hospital.

Clinton just completed his third season as a member of the men’s basketball program and had entered the transfer portal in March to seek a new home. The Jefferson, Georgia, native played in 70 career games and averaged 7.4 points per game over three seasons.

“We certainly hope for the best and hoping he can come out of this,” CSU head coach Saah Nimley said. Nimley recruited Clinton when he was an assistant under former coach Barclay Radebaugh.

The incident occurred on April 15 at the conclusion of a two-on-two pickup game in the CSU Fieldhouse. A gofundme account says Clinton went into cardiac arrest and was without oxygen, which led to brain damage. An effort is underway to raise money to assist Clinton’s family in his care.
    https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/csu/charleston-southern-player-medical-emergency/article_b6abd80a-025e-11ef-b9b5-5ff502f1ce58.html#:~:text=The%20incident%20occurred%20on%20April,Clinton's%20family%20in%20his%20car e.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (6th May 2024), Bill Ryan (3rd May 2024), Harmony (3rd May 2024), Hym (3rd May 2024), Mercedes (4th May 2024), pyrangello (7th May 2024), Reinhard (4th May 2024), Stephanie (3rd May 2024), wondering (3rd May 2024)

11. Link to Post #1306
    Thanks

Quote A shadow lies over the match day
    The league carries grief

Aidlingen's goalkeeper Dominik Wheeler collapsed after the final training and later died in the hospital. The game was played in the district league A anyway, but that was a minor matter

By Edip Zvizdiç
    Sunday, 28. April 2024, 8:30 p.m.
    https://www.szbz.de/nachrichten/arti...-traegt-trauer

Quote cheri maday
    @resilient333

And just...'suddenly'😪💔

*Dominik Wheeler-36 yrs-Germany
    *Aidlinger Goalkeeper
    *April 26, 2024
    *Dominik collapsed after finishing training on Friday evening and later died in the hospital.
    https://szbz.de/nachrichten/artikel/...-traegt-trauer

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (6th May 2024), Bill Ryan (3rd May 2024), Harmony (4th May 2024), Hym (3rd May 2024), Mercedes (4th May 2024), pyrangello (7th May 2024), Reinhard (4th May 2024), skogvokter (3rd May 2024), wondering (3rd May 2024)

13. Link to Post #1307
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,109 times in 920 posts

Link to Post #1288

"This week I expect the folks at dailyclout.io to produce the now revealed data on the Ontario Provincial Government's medical proofs of "extraordinary", "excess", "beyond the statistical norm" of deaths, miscarriages, infertility, and gynecological abnormalities present in the few years since the kill shot was introduced, proofs far exceeding the total numbers of those conditions recorded from all previous years combined.

In this case the Canadian health care system's data base is not anywhere near as fragmented nor encased in as many bureaucratic boxes as are the data bases in the states. The data is shocking and a stark reminder of the collective and media driven memory loss of just how few adverse events in vaccine rollouts of the past would cause those rollouts to be stopped."

Here is the Data from the Canadian Gov't Database:

https://dailyclout.io/canadian-govt-...ccine-rollout/

Mods. This Database Report release from Daily Clout also belongs on other threads here on PA.
    Please do add it where you know it will be appropriate.

Thank You, Hymn

mod note: This post has been copied to three other relevant threads in the hope more people will be aware of this new report
    Last edited by Harmony; 4th May 2024 at 05:05. Reason: fixing link to post 1288

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

avid (6th May 2024), Bill Ryan (4th May 2024), Ewan (4th May 2024), Harmony (4th May 2024), Mercedes (4th May 2024), pueblo (4th May 2024), pyrangello (7th May 2024), Reinhard (4th May 2024), wondering (3rd May 2024)

15. Link to Post #1308
    Thanks

Quote Ex-Wolverine, NBA player Darius Morris dead at 33

By Dave Herndon Published May 4, 2024

Darius Morris, who played four seasons in the NBA, and with the Michigan Wolverines from 2009-11 died May 4. He was 33.

Morris' family confirmed the death to TMZ. A cause has not been publicly released.

"With great sadness we announce the passing of our dearly beloved son, Darius Aaron Morris," the family's statement read. "During this time of transition, his family asks that you please respect their wishes for privacy and grace."

Morris, the 41st pick in the 2011 NBA draft played for the Lakers, 76ers, Clippers, Grizzlies and Nets.
    https://www.fox2detroit.com/sports/e...is-dead-at-33#

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (6th May 2024), Bill Ryan (4th May 2024), Ewan (5th May 2024), Harmony (5th May 2024), Hym (5th May 2024), pyrangello (7th May 2024), Reinhard (5th May 2024), wondering (4th May 2024)

17. Link to Post #1309
    Thanks

*Wow. Long Covid heart trouble?

Quote Conan Noonan relishing Rovers run after Covid-related heart scare almost ended his career

Aidan Fitzmaurice
    Tue 30 Apr 2024

These days, Shamrock Rovers man Conan Noonan can’t move without hearing words of praise on the back of his displays for the Hoops.

Whether that’s in the starting XI (four starts this season) or cameos off the bench (he came on for an hour in Monday’s 4-0 win over Drogheda United and was possibly their best player), the 21-year-old is making an impact as the Hoops close in on league leaders Shelbourne.

What’s more remarkable about the Kildare man is that he was almost lost to the game as Noonan was very badly affected by what he now knows was ‘long Covid’. On medical advice he was not even allowed to train for a lengthy spell in 2022 due to a heart condition that emerged from that Covid outcome.

“I’ve really enjoyed this year, it’s been brilliant to get as many games as I have. I’ve loved every minute of it,” says Noonan.

“It’s a challenge and it’s not easy, you have to push yourself through it. It was a tough year a few years ago, 2022, just to be playing football when there was a chance I thought I might not play again. So to then be able to come back and play with this team, I’ve always wanted to.”

Manager Stephen Bradley was open about Noonan’s status during the pandemic, admitting: “After Covid, he’s had problems with his heart, irregular heartbeats, getting dizzy”.

Now 21 and in good health, Noonan admits it was a tough time.

“It was just out of nowhere, long Covid,” Noonan says.

“People might think Covid is not that big a deal but I know it is and I’m sure there are other people in the same boat.

“It was just a horrible year, there are no two ways about it. It was stop-start, I was nearing a return halfway through the year and then I got Covid again, and there was so many tests, you’ve got to be safe when it’s the heart.

“So you can’t rush back. To be fair, Rovers were amazing with it and did everything to make sure I was all right. I’m just glad to be past it.

“I was in every day. It was high heart rate mainly, there was a lot of things. If I was doing activity, it would raise my heart rate. So for the first month I was only doing things lying down, then I’d be doing things nearly at a 45-degree angle and then building away and it was just a long process.

“But I’ve got to say Eoin [Donnelly], our strength and conditioning coach, was with me every day. The doctors – Dr Alan Byrne and other people.

“Eoin was amazing with me, he was in every day and I’d be in after the lads until 5pm. It was just a long, long process but we got there in the end.

“There are so many people I can’t thank enough but those two particularly, that year or nine months that I was out, they got me through it and I’m just glad now to be playing football.”

From a small village (“a place called Broadford, down the far end of Kildare, no one really knows it”), he learned his trade at the St Kevin’s academy where players like current Bohemians man Cian Byrne (the pair will clash in Friday’s derby) and Bosun Lawal were team-mates and was recruited to Rovers at 14 by then Hoops academy coach Damien Duff, with a debut in July 2022.

With so many senior pros out injured (Rovers have nine in the sick bay), Noonan is a veteran compared to teenage debutants like Max Kovalevskis and Cory O’Sullivan.

“I guess everyone on the bench deserves to be on the bench. I know there are injuries but they stepped up on Monday night when they came on and were really, really good for their debuts, and really confident, and really happy for them that they got that opportunity and they fully deserved it,” he says of the younger crop, some of whom may be needed – injury permitting – in Friday’s game away to Bohemians.

“That’s the big game. It would be amazing to play in it, to be involved. I can’t wait. I think everyone can’t for it.”
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...307833491.html

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (6th May 2024), Bill Ryan (5th May 2024), Ewan (6th May 2024), Harmony (6th May 2024), pyrangello (7th May 2024), wondering (6th May 2024)

19. Link to Post #1310
    Thanks

Quote Olympic ice hockey star Alexander Reichenberg dies aged just 31 as tributes paid to 'artist'

Norway and Lillehammer ice hockey star Alexander Reichenberg has sadly passed away at the age of 31, having represented his nation at the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang

By Kieran King Sports Writer
    08:59, 6 MAY 2024

Ice hockey star Alexander Reichenberg has died at the age of 31, his club have sadly confirmed.

Reichenberg, born in Sweden, started his professional career at hometown club Lillehammer IK during the 2008/09 season. He enjoyed a stellar career in the Czech Republic, Sweden and Austria and represented Norway at international level, starring for the country at the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.

After two years with rival club Storhamar Hockey, Reichenberg returned to Lillehammer in 2018. He had time out on loan at HC Sparta Praha and Farjestad before finding his best form for Lillehammer. Last winter, Reichenberg had his best season to date - scoring 44 points in the regular campaign.

Lillehammer described him as "a big profile, a player with an x-factor in his game and an important contributor to the group". He also became part of their captain's team before last season and received "well-deserved attention from several big clubs in Norway and abroad" for his performances.

A statement, posted by Lillehammer to announce his sad passing, finished: "It is unbelievably sad to think that he will never get to hear the audience's tactful shouts in Eidsiva Arena and that we who sat in the stands will not get to see the player with the big smile, the extra feint or the hard-hitting shot from the drop circle in the power play.

"Rest in Peace, No. 61. You will always be remembered as an artist. Our thoughts and condolences go out to family, girlfriend and team-mates. This is published in consultation with the next of kin."

Last weekend, it was reported Reichenberg had spoken to Valerenga over a possible move, and that there was interest from Denmark, Slovakia, Austria and France.

Lillehammer added: "Of course, there was also an offer from the parent club on the table and he wanted to spend time evaluating a new professional offer abroad against a good life with work, club games and belonging to friends and colleagues at Lillehammer."

Reichenberg made a total of 19 senior appearances for Norway, scoring five goals and adding four assists.
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/oth...-dead-32743083

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (7th May 2024), Bill Ryan (6th May 2024), Ewan (7th May 2024), Harmony (6th May 2024), pyrangello (7th May 2024), skogvokter (Yesterday), wondering (6th May 2024)

21. Link to Post #1311
    Thanks

Quote Former Michigan, Catholic Central football player dies at age 36

Obi Ezeh spent 5 years at Michigan from 2006-2010

Derick Hutchinson, Lead Digital Editor
    Published: May 6, 2024

ANN ARBOR, Mich. – Obi Ezeh, a former football player at Catholic Central and the University of Michigan, has died at the age of 36.

Michigan football confirmed the death of the star linebacker on Sunday, May 5, 2024.

“We are saddened to hear about the passing of former Wolverine linebacker Obi Ezeh,” the post says. “Our prayers go out to his family, friends and former teammates. May he rest in peace.”

Ezeh played at Michigan from 2006 through 2010, making 293 tackles, 19.5 tackles for loss, three sacks, and two interceptions in 49 games.

Ezeh, a former star at Catholic Central, redshirted his first year in Ann Arbor and then earned All-Freshman honors in 2007. He won the Roger Zatkoff Award as Michigan’s top linebacker in 2008 while earning All-Big Ten Honorable Mention.

He was a Butkus Award semifinalist as a redshirt junior.

We are saddened to hear about the passing of former Wolverine linebacker Obi Ezeh. Our prayers go out to his family, friends and former teammates. May he rest in peace.

pic.twitter.com/2yjDvvDXj4
    — Michigan Football (@UMichFootball) May 5, 2024
    https://www.clickondetroit.com/all-a...20post%20says.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (7th May 2024), Bill Ryan (6th May 2024), Ewan (7th May 2024), Harmony (6th May 2024), pyrangello (7th May 2024), wondering (6th May 2024)

23. Link to Post #1312
    Thanks

Quote National sport of mourning: Milagros Cámere, former volleyball player of the Peruvian national team, died

The athlete wore our colors to represent the volleyball team at the Olympic Games in Atlanta 1996 and Sydney 2000. She passed away at the age of 51.

JUNIOR ZAGACETA VALVERDE
    Updated on 05/05/2024

Sad news for volleyball and Peruvian sport. Milagros Cámere, a former volleyball player who represented the Peruvian national team in two editions of the Olympic Games, passed away at the age of 51. The president of the Peruvian Volleyball Federation, Gino Vegas, lamented the death of the athlete.

"Milagros was a player who started very young, from a child, and was already called up to the national teams from the first categories, representing Peru. She then started in several world championships at the youth and senior level, in the Olympic Games and in World Championships. And of his generation, unfortunately, she is the first to go to the glory of the Lord," he said in conversation for RPP.

The national volleyball player represented Peru at the Olympic Games in Atlanta 1996 and Sydney 2000, as well as the FIVB World Championships of 1994, in Brazil and the 1998 World Championships, held in Japan.

"Dedicated and committed"

Vegas also assured that Cámere's personality was reserved, but that she maintained an impeccable attitude, committed and dedicated to sports and defending the bicolor.
    "She was a player of several clubs, she played for several clubs and her daughter, I understand, was already playing volleyball. Milagros was a reference. It was called the silver left-handed. She was very good at her attack, a very calm girl, quiet, a good companion," he said.

"A girl who was always dedicated and committed to her selection, to her team, to her players, to her teammates. He didn't speak much in public, but he was a person who worked very well, because he was clear about the things she wanted to achieve with volleyball. He was a very dedicated person and I think we have to follow those examples," recalled the boss of the federation.

The words of Natalia Málaga

For her part, Natalia Málaga, also a former national volleyball player, referred to the death of Cámere with a heartfelt message on her social networks.
    "Dear Mila, you were a great friend and teammate. We shared many beautiful moments of friendship and sports, you were an incredible person, you were the 'silver left-hander' and a very funny lorita. It is with great sadness that I say goodbye to you. Fly high, my friend. A kiss to heaven. Milagros Cámere, you will always be present," she published.

https://peru21.pe/deportes/deporte-n...ruana-noticia/

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (7th May 2024), Bill Ryan (6th May 2024), Ewan (7th May 2024), Harmony (7th May 2024), pyrangello (7th May 2024), wondering (6th May 2024)

25. Link to Post #1313
    Thanks

Quote Heartbreaking Loss: ‘Gym Enthusiast,’ A 32-year-old man Collapses and Dies While Workout in Varanasi Gym

Fitness Fiasco: Varanasi Mourns as Gym Lover Dies Mid-Exercise!

Mia Martinez
    Last updated: 2024/05/04

Grief turns when tragedy strikes the fitness community, and the buzz from Varanasi’s gyms turns to a mournful whisper. Deepak Gupta, 32, an avid fitness enthusiast, died while pursuing his passion for fitness at a gym in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.

Last moments of physical passion

As the sun set over the city, Gupta walked to his second home, the gym, with a thoughtful expression. Little did he know that this internship would end his career. With his heart’s desire and something heavy in his hand, Gupta plunged into his work, unaware of the dire fate that awaited him.

Actual development of events

In an unfortunate twist of fate, Gupta’s life faded away amid his athletic pursuits. CCTV footage captured the unforgettable moment when Gupta suddenly grabbed his head during a workout and silently begged for help before being allowed to hug the gym floor. His fellow runners come together to help him, but due to the tragedy, their efforts are in vain.

A united society in darkness

When the news of Gupta’s tragic death spread like wildfire, the excited community in Varanasi was left in shock and disbelief. Known for his dedication to fitness and enthusiasm for life, Gupta left an indelible mark on all who knew him. His untimely death sent an outpouring of grief throughout the theater, which echoed with sounds of friendship and resolution.

A great reminder of physical problems

Gupta’s sudden death is a cruel reminder of the risks involved in exercise, even for the seemingly health-conscious. Despite his love for fitness and his involvement in fitness activities, Gupta fell victim to tragedy beyond him, leaving a void that could never be filled.

Echoes of past tragedies

Gupta’s fate is linked to similar incidents that have plagued the fitness community. From the sudden death of DSP Dilpreet Singh while on patrol in Ludhiana to the mediating death of a 19-year-old man in Ghaziabad. The condition is affecting the hearts of fitness enthusiasts across the country following heart problems and a sudden cardiac arrest in a 33-year-old man who residing in Telangana’s Khammam.

Mia’s value:

As we mourn Deepak Gupta’s death, we must also reflect on the fragility of life and the importance of prioritizing safety in the pursuit of fitness. While running can always be a gateway to body transformation and self-improvement, we must not forget to listen to our bodies pay attention to the warning signs, and put our health first. Gupta’s sudden death is a sad reminder that the pursuit of health and wellness requires great foresight and determination. Let’s celebrate it with good intentions and respect for the precious gift of life.
    https://wrestlingnews365.com/heartbr...-varanasi-gym/

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (7th May 2024), Bill Ryan (6th May 2024), Ewan (7th May 2024), Harmony (7th May 2024), pyrangello (7th May 2024), wondering (6th May 2024)

27. Link to Post #1314
    Thanks

Quote Former Grand National jockey Michael Byrne dies aged 36 as tributes pour in

Michael Byrne, who rode in the Grand National and won at the Cheltenham Festival, has died at the age of 36, with dozens of tributes paid to the popular former jockey

By MELISSA JONES
    Mon, May 6, 2024

The horse racing world is mourning the loss of former Grand National jockey Michael Byrne, who has tragically passed away at the age of 36.

Tributes have poured in for the talented rider, who competed in the prestigious Grand National and claimed several victories at Cheltenham. During his career in the UK, the Irishman rode to victory on 96 occasions, with 61 of these wins coming aboard horses trained by Tim Vaughan since 2009.

Vaughan, a Welsh trainer who provided Byrne's 2014 Aintree ride Golan Way, expressed his devastation at the news. "It is just so sad and I am devastated for Michael's family and friends," he said.

"He was a lovely person reliable, honest and loyal. He started his career in Peter Bowen's stable and worked for us for about five years. Dicky (Richard) Johnson was our main jockey at the time and Michael was conditional, he rode out his claim here. We enjoyed lots of success together and got on famously well."

n 2010, Byrne celebrated a win at Aintree's Listed mares' bumper, riding Big Time Billy to an unexpected victory at odds of 28-1. This capped off a memorable day for the team, as Always Waining stormed to his first Topham Chase title, a race he would dominate in the following years.

Just a month later, Byrne tasted success again in Liverpool, riding 2005 Cheltenham Gold Cup runner-up Take The Stand to victory, just nine days after their triumph at Prestbury Park's hunter chase night.

Buck Magic notched another accomplishment under jockey Michael Byrne, winning a conditional jockeys' handicap hurdle at the 2021 November Meeting in Cheltenham.

However, following Byrne's recent passing at 31 on Thursday afternoon, trainer Neil Mulholland shared words of deep sorrow: "Michael will be sadly missed, he was a lovely fella and used to ride out here. A lot of my staff worked with him and they have been affected by the news. Our thoughts go out to his family and friends."

Having initially retired from racing in 2016, Byrne moved back to Ireland, where he focused on preparing horses for sale.
    https://www.express.co.uk/sport/hors...-Byrne-dies-36

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (7th May 2024), Bill Ryan (7th May 2024), Ewan (7th May 2024), Harmony (7th May 2024), pyrangello (7th May 2024)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst 1 16 56 66