Thanks
    Thanked 18,720 times in 2,232 posts

Default Re: Recent Cardiac Events Amongst Sports People

Quote Lucas Leiva retires from football at age of 36 due to heart condition

- Former Liverpool midfielder spent 10 seasons at Anfield
    - Issue was discovered during tests at current club Grêmio

Reuters and Guardian sport
    Sat 18 Mar 2023 00.13 GMT

The former Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva has announced his retirement from football at the age of 36 because of a heart condition. The Brazil international played nearly 600 games in his 17-year club career. Lucas joined Liverpool in 2007, staying at Anfield for 10 years before moving to Serie A in 2017, where he played for five seasons with Lazio.

Lucas returned last summer to his boyhood club, Grêmio, making 17 appearances and scoring three goals for the Brazilian side before being sidelined in December, when he was diagnosed with the heart issue after routine tests.

Jürgen Klopp will turn his focus to a busy Premier League schedule after Liverpool exited the Champions League.
    Klopp focuses on top-four Premier League slot after Madrid loss
    Read more
    On Friday, Lucas announced that the issue has brought a premature end to his career. “I would like to thank Grêmio for all the support in these three months,” he told a news conference. “Today I am announcing my retirement. It’s been a difficult period.

“I’m ending where I would like, not the way I would like. But I’m sure a new cycle will begin. I had a lot of hope that [the issue] could be reversed, but it was not the case. My health comes first.”

In a social media post, Lucas added: “The day has come to say goodbye to the field. I confess that it came from greater forces, but I look back and can only be thankful for the career I built. In 2007 I transferred to the giant Liverpool, which was part of my life for 10 years.

“It is with great pride that I can say that today Liverpool is my home. I’m proud to be an English citizen and along with my family, I’m [a] Scouser!”

In a statement posted on Twitter, Liverpool said: “We’re all with you, @LucasLeiva87. Congratulations on a brilliant career and we wish you the very best in your next chapter.”

Signed from Grêmio for £6m in 2007, Lucas became a popular member of the Liverpool team as a defensive midfielder, earning a League Cup winner’s medal in 2012 and helping the club reach the 2016 Europa League final.

The Brazilian, who won the South American under-20 championship in 2007, also earned 24 international caps and won the Coppa Italia with Lazio in 2019.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...l-lazio-brazil

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (19th March 2023), Bill Ryan (19th March 2023), Ewan (19th March 2023), Harmony (19th March 2023), Hym (19th March 2023), Matthew (21st March 2023), Mercedes (22nd March 2023), mountain_jim (20th March 2023), Nasu (20th March 2023), Reinhard (20th March 2023), Stephanie (19th March 2023)

3. Link to Post #642
    Thanks

Quote Peter Baddoo, Department of Mathematics instructor, dies at 29

Baddoo was a respected and admired scholar, teacher, mentor, and colleague.

MIT Human Resources
    Publication Date: March 15, 2023
    Peter Baddoo, an instructor in the Department of Mathematics, passed away suddenly on Feb. 15 while playing basketball on campus.

Baddoo joined the MIT Department of Mathematics in January 2021. Prior to this, he was an EPSRC Doctoral Prize Fellow at Imperial College London. He studied mathematics as an undergraduate at the University of Oxford and received his PhD from Cambridge University.

An accomplished applied mathematician, Baddoo had broad research interests and activities spanning complex function theory, fluid dynamics, and machine learning and data-driven methods. His book, “Analytic Solutions for Flows Through Cascades” (Springer, 2020) received praise for its “exceptionally clear presentation with beautiful figures.”

“Peter was an outstanding, self-propelling researcher, a master of complex function theory with a burgeoning interest in machine learning, and had several collaborations within the U.S. and farther afield. He had an exceptionally promising future in academia. He was a deeply respected and valued member of my research group and the broader applied math community. He will be sorely missed,” says Professor John Bush, his faculty mentor.

In addition to his research, Baddoo was an exemplary teacher who gave generously of his time in assisting colleagues, graduate students, and undergraduates.

“Peter was an excellent lecturer — clear, composed, thoughtful, and kind. He was extremely popular among his students,” says Michel Goemans, the RSA Professor of Mathematics and Department of Mathematics head. One of Baddoo’s students in class 18.04 (Complex Variables with Applications) says that “I took Peter's class, and I walked out of that class actually liking math. I was assured that I want to study more of math and pursue a minor.”

Aside from his work as a scholar and teacher, Baddoo brought the department together by organizing social events for postdocs and instructors; for these and other efforts he received a Math Community Service Award. His interests extended well beyond mathematics and included music and sports such as basketball and lacrosse — which he played at Oxford and Cambridge universities, and as a member of the Senior England Men’s training squad. He was also a devoted and active member of Park Street Church.

In his honor, the Department of Mathematics will be endowing a Peter Baddoo Prize to recognize outstanding contributions to community-building within the department.

Peter Baddoo is survived by his parents, Jim and Nancy; his sisters, Kate and Harriet; and his fiancée, Yuna Kim.
    https://news.mit.edu/2023/peter-badd...ctor-dies-0315

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (19th March 2023), Bill Ryan (19th March 2023), Ewan (19th March 2023), Harmony (19th March 2023), Hym (19th March 2023), Matthew (21st March 2023), Mercedes (22nd March 2023), mountain_jim (20th March 2023), Nasu (20th March 2023), Reinhard (20th March 2023), Stephanie (19th March 2023)

5. Link to Post #643
    Thanks

Quote 35-year-old three-time Olympian winner dies unexpectedly

By Anna Ellis • 18 March 2023 • 15:46

Cuba’s most successful rower of all time, Angel Fournier Rodriguez, died unexpectedly on Thursday, March 16.
    The news was confirmed by World Rowing in a tweet that read: “World Rowing is saddened to hear of the passing of Cuban rower Angel Fournier Rodriguez.”

“Fournier Rodriguez was a multiple-time World Cup medallist, Pan Am Champion, and 2x time Olympian”

“We wish to extend our condolences to Angel’s family and the Cuban Federation.”

Just shy of two metres tall and weighing 100kg, Fournier was a formidable figure at rowing regattas.

Growing up in Guantanamo, Fournier was approached by a rowing coach who invited the 12-year-old to try the sport. At the start, it was just a ‘hobby’ for Fournier with basketball and baseball as his main interests.

At the Men’s Single Sculls, Cuba, Heats, 2019 World Rowing Cup II, Poznan, Poland, Angel Fournier Rodriguez, said: “The Guantanamo provincial coach invited me to try rowing. He saw a lot of potential in me. Little by little I went training more and more. The coach told me I had the potential to make the national team (the highest honour in Cuba). I made the national team at age 17.”

Fournier relocated to the Academy of Sport in Havana and rowing became his main sport.
    https://euroweeklynews.com/2023/03/1...-unexpectedly/

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

7. Link to Post #644
    Thanks

Quote Exercising in the gym.. After returning home he vomited and collapsed and died..

18 Mar, 2023 10:50 IST|Sakshi

Sakshi, Mahbubnagar: A tragedy has occurred in Mahbubnagar district. Syed Majid Hussain alias Junaid (26) of Ramaiyabowli did some exercise at the gym on Thursday night. From there he went to play snooker and came back home. Around 11:30 pm, chest pain occurred. He also vomited.

Thinking it was normal, he started walking in front of the house. In the process, he suffered a severe heart attack and collapsed there. Immediately the family members took him to the government hospital where the doctors examined him and confirmed that he had already died. Heart attacks have recently increased in post-covid victims as well as others after Corona. Sudden cardiac death is a cause for concern. Patients with heart diseases are lining up in government and private hospitals.

How to detect early?
    People who have a heart attack usually have some symptoms. Mainly if you feel difficulty in breathing, suffocation, heavy heart, lethargy, sweating, twitching of the hands, consult a doctor without delay. Cardiac arrest can be avoided if treated early.

A damaging lifestyle

Compared to the past, people from all walks of life are facing tremendous pressure. From waking up in the morning, there is no escaping the life of Urukulu running. There is a situation where there is stress in professional and personal life without proper planning. Some types of jobs have goals. You have to run to get it. Don't eat on time. They are getting used to eating junk food. Some are addicted to bad habits.

In the end, they are getting serious health problems. The risk of heart disease is emerging at an early age. Eating out 4-5 days a week. High spices and oils are used in this food. By eating these frequently, more calories enter the body. Lack of adequate exercise leads to obesity and finally the effect shows up.
    https://m.sakshi.com/telugu-news/tel...bnagar-1552719

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

9. Link to Post #645
    Thanks

Quote Gujarat man dies of heart attack while playing cricket, 8th incident in last 45 days

Gopi Maniar Ghanghar
    Ahmedabad,UPDATED: Mar 19, 2023 16:33 IST

The deceased, identified as Mayur, got a little nervous while he was playing, after which he immediately sat and fell on the ground. By the time his friends took him to a nearby hospital, the doctor already declared him brought dead.

By Gopi Maniar Ghanghar : A 45-year-old man died of a heart attack while playing cricket in Gujarat’s Rajkot. The incident took place on Sunday when the man suddenly collapsed on the ground while he was playing with his friends at the Shastri Maidan.

This is the eighth incident in the last one and a half months in Gujarat, stated reports.
    https://www.indiatoday.in/india/stor...758-2023-03-19

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (19th March 2023), Bill Ryan (20th March 2023), Ewan (19th March 2023), Harmony (19th March 2023), Hym (19th March 2023), Matthew (21st March 2023), Mercedes (22nd March 2023), mountain_jim (20th March 2023), Nasu (20th March 2023), Reinhard (20th March 2023), Stephanie (19th March 2023)

11. Link to Post #646
    Thanks

Quote Westfield Soccer Player Henry Meacock Dies Suddenly During Spring Break

Cecilia Levine 03/18/2023

New Jersey native and soccer player Henry Meacock died suddenly while on college spring break at Ohio State University, according to multiple news reports.

The Westfield native was majoring in finance at OSU, according to his LinkedIn page.

OSU released a statement mourning his death to the Columbus Dispatch. Meacock's sister, Ellie, penned a tribute to him on Instagram, which was later made private.

"My baby brother, I can’t believe it,” she writes. “Words cannot describe how much I miss you. It hurts to breathe without you. You are an extremely special soul that will live on forever. The most beautiful boy inside and out. Nobody will ever have a smile quite like yours.”

Meacock worked as a golf caddy at Echo Lake Country Club and grew up playing soccer, which he continued at Ohio State.

"Soccer has allowed me to learn how to work with teammates and coaches and how to put the group ahead of the individual," he writes on LinkedIn. "I am interested in the reinsurance and insurance industry as it relates to my finance major and has been a core industry within my family."

This is a developing story. Check back for more.
    https://dailyvoice.com/new-jersey/un...-break/859234/

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (19th March 2023), Bill Ryan (20th March 2023), Ewan (19th March 2023), Harmony (19th March 2023), Helvetic (20th March 2023), Hym (19th March 2023), Matthew (21st March 2023), Mercedes (22nd March 2023), mountain_jim (20th March 2023), Nasu (20th March 2023), Reinhard (20th March 2023), Stephanie (19th March 2023)

13. Link to Post #647
    Thanks

Quote MSV mourns U17 player Charlotte Vellar

From editorial office -19. March 2023

Duisburg. Shortly before 9 p.m., the MSV Duisburg posted a sad tweet on its homepage under the heading "Zebraticker" and on Twitter:

"There is no consolation in this incredible pain. The MSV mourns the loss of Charlotte Vellar, who died much, far too early at the age of only 16. Our sympathy goes to the family, friends and team members. We wish you strength for these incredibly difficult moments."
    https://lokalklick.eu/2023/03/19/msv...rlotte-vellar/

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (20th March 2023), Bill Ryan (20th March 2023), Ewan (20th March 2023), Harmony (20th March 2023), Helvetic (20th March 2023), Matthew (21st March 2023), Mercedes (22nd March 2023), mountain_jim (20th March 2023), Nasu (20th March 2023), Reinhard (20th March 2023)

15. Link to Post #648
    Thanks

Quote British Army recruit suddenly collapsed during fitness test and died

Will Neal Monday 20 Mar 2023 3:25 pm

A man trying out for the British Army collapsed during a fitness test and later died.

Youngson Nkhoma, 30, was 200m from the finish line of a timed two-kilometre run at an assessment centre in Lichfield, Staffordshire, when he suddenly fell to the ground.

The dad-of-one, who was from Malawi, died after being rushed to a nearby hospital.

A spokesperson for his family said their ‘whole world changed’ from the moment they received the news.

They added their ‘grief has been overwhelming’ and that ‘we wouldn’t wish this pain on anyone’.

An inquest later found Mr Nkhoma and another recruit, Kamil Iddrisu, 25, who died under similar circumstances, both carried sickle cell trait.

An inherited predisposition toward a particular group of blood disorders, the condition can cause catastrophic organ failure triggered by strenuous exercise.

Mr Nkhoma’s family are now understood to be suing both the Ministry of Defence and public recruitment partners Capita Business Services Ltd for more than £200,000 in compensation.

The family said in a statement after the inquest: ‘Youngson had been chatting about the Army for a long time and was excited about being invited to the selection process.

‘When he collapsed just short of the finish line, it was a huge shock, but not for one minute did we expect to get told he had passed away.

‘Losing Youngson at such a young age was nothing short of traumatic and something we’ll never get over.’

Stephen Clark, a military lawyer with Irwin Mitchell, the firm representing Mr Nkhoma’s widow Latia in her claim, added: ‘Kamil and Youngson’s families remain devastated by their deaths which they’re still struggling to come to terms with.

‘The inquest has undoubtedly been tough for the families, having to relive everything again.

‘While we cannot change what happened, we hope that they have been able to get the answers they deserve.

‘We also hope that Ministry of Defence continues to strive to prevent anything like this from happening again.’

Any responses by the Ministry of Defence and Capita have not yet been made publicly available by the court.

The MoD has reportedly since started routinely screening new recruits for sickle cell trait prior to commencing fitness tests.
    https://metro.co.uk/2023/03/20/briti...died-18470919/

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (21st March 2023), Bill Ryan (21st March 2023), Ewan (21st March 2023), Harmony (21st March 2023), Matthew (21st March 2023), Mercedes (22nd March 2023), mountain_jim (22nd March 2023), Reinhard (22nd March 2023)

17. Link to Post #649
    Thanks

Quote Dartmouth lineman, former Pa. high school football star, dies at 21 following cancer battle

Updated: Mar. 19, 2023, 3:54 p.m.|Published: Mar. 19, 2023, 3:36 p.m.

By Brian Linder | blinder@pennlive.com
    Joshua Balara was one of the best offensive linemen in Pennsylvania during his time at Dallas High School, and that helped pave his way to college and a spot on the Dartmouth football team.

His future was bright.

Balara tragically died Thursday after battling adrenal cancer. He was 21.

His death came just about eight months after he was first diagnosed, according to The Dartmouth.

“He was known as gentle, quiet and thoughtful with a subtle sense of humor and a love of Legos,” Dartmouth Dean Scott Brown wrote of the 6-foot-3, 305 pounder in an email to the college. “Josh loved Dartmouth football, and his coach described him as committed, unselfish and dedicated to his team, teammates and program.”

Walt DelGaudio, who’s son Luke played alongside Balara at Dallas before moving on to Pitt, tweeted about his passing.

“The most gentle, kind and nicest young man I know,” DelGaudio wrote. “Now an angel in Heaven. We miss him so much.”
    https://www.pennlive.com/news/2023/0...er-battle.html

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (21st March 2023), Bill Ryan (21st March 2023), Ewan (21st March 2023), Harmony (21st March 2023), Matthew (21st March 2023), Mercedes (22nd March 2023), mountain_jim (22nd March 2023), Reinhard (22nd March 2023)

19. Link to Post #650
    Thanks

Quote Oklahoma Guard soldier dies following Army Combat Fitness Test

By Jonathan Lehrfeld. Monday, Mar 13

A soldier in the Oklahoma National Guard died earlier this month during a training mishap, Army officials confirmed.

Spc. Jaykob R. Pruitt, 19, of Bennington, Oklahoma, a cavalry scout with the state Guard’s 1st Squadron, 180th Cavalry Regiment, was found unresponsive the morning of March 4 after completing the two-mile run portion of the Army Combat Fitness Test, according to a preliminary loss report published by the service.

CPR was administered and emergency medical services were contacted before Pruitt was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead, the report added.

The incident occurred at the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant in McAlester, Oklahoma, Maj. Kristin Tschetter, a spokesperson from the Oklahoma National Guard, told Military Times.

“Since 2018, the Army has lost an average of one [s]oldier a year to on-duty sports, recreation and physical training mishaps,” the report noted. “This was the third ... of [fiscal year 2023] and above the number of on-duty sports, recreation and physical training fatalities from this time last year.”

The Army lost three soldiers to sports, recreation and physical training-related mishaps in fiscal year 2022, according to the annual assessment of the Army safety program.

“One [s]oldier collapsed and died during a unit physical training [event] and two died due to drowning, one during pool certification and the other in a lake during an organizational day event. Additionally, a foreign national soldier training within the U.S. was involved in a drowning mishap,” the report said.

Pruitt’s passing comes on the heels of an incident in February, when a soldier at Camp Humphreys, Korea, Spc. Sun-Ho Lee, died in another on-duty sports, recreation and physical training mishap, according to another preliminary loss report.

Pruitt joined the Oklahoma Army National Guard in October 2020, according to a press release shared with Military Times. He earned several awards and decorations, including the Army Achievement Medal, National Defense Service Medal and the Army Service Ribbon.
    https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...-fitness-test/

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (21st March 2023), Bill Ryan (21st March 2023), Ewan (21st March 2023), Harmony (21st March 2023), Matthew (21st March 2023), Mercedes (22nd March 2023), mountain_jim (22nd March 2023), Orph (21st March 2023), Reinhard (22nd March 2023)

21. Link to Post #651
    Thanks

Quote 'Uniquely' talented amateur GB boxer dies aged 19

Published 11 hours ago

By Steve Knibbs and Ollie Pritchard-Jones

BBC Points West

A "uniquely" talented amateur boxer from Bristol has died at the age of 19.

Jude Moore, who trained at Downend Boxing in Fishponds, was found dead on Friday, his family confirmed.

Shortly before his death, Jude won his first senior fight by knocking out the Polish national champion and was due to compete in Milan this week.

Boxing trainer Craig Turner said he was "immaculate" and "by far the best boxing talent that emerged" from Bristol for his age.

Jude was a two-time national champion and was inspired to take up boxing by his father and uncle.

He moved from the Bristol club to train at the Hoddesdon Boxing Academy in Hertfordshire under the management of Sab Leo in the past year.
    Future world champion

"There's nothing that any of us really did to develop that talent. It was just his flair, his uniqueness, his personality," Mr Turner said.
    "There was only one, there could only ever be one and it's just a shame that we will never see him fulfil his potential."

Jude was interviewed by BBC Radio Bristol in 2018 when he was 14, shortly after he won the 2017 England Boxing School Champion.

Speaking at the time, he said: "No matter what, my heart will always be in this sport."

Mr Turner explained that as well as having "immense" talent, Jude was very keen to share it with younger boxers of the future.

"Everybody looked up to him. He could just effortlessly mix amongst all cultures all classes. He just loved to talk. You just couldn't stop him," he said.
    "He was an entertainer and boxing is an entertainment business. That's why I am sure he would have gone on and won a world title.

"He just loved to be around people and he hurt very easily.

"He thought everybody was his friend. He was just immaculate.

"Along with (former IBF bantamweight) Lee Haskins and (former World Champion in the super middleweight) Glenn Catley, Bristol had another world champion (in Jude).

"There was going to be no doubt at all."

Jude leaves behind his parents, Mark and Carla, and brothers, Ethan and Beau.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-65020529

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (21st March 2023), Bill Ryan (21st March 2023), Ewan (21st March 2023), Harmony (21st March 2023), Matthew (23rd March 2023), Mercedes (22nd March 2023), mountain_jim (22nd March 2023), Orph (21st March 2023), Reinhard (22nd March 2023)

23. Link to Post #652
    Thanks

Quote Football in mourning, sudden illness: historic captain of the Finale dies

Date:20 March 2023 - 09:19 / Category: Company
    Author: Redazione Pressa

On Saturday evening, the former footballer and coach Paolo Franchini, known as Frank, died at the age of 63 from a sudden illness.

Mourning in the world of local football. On Saturday evening, the former footballer and coach Paolo Franchini, known as 'Frank', died at the age of 63 from a sudden illness. Franchini was captain of the Finale Emilia and was the coach of various amateur teams.

Paolo Franchini is no longer here. Historic captain of the great Finale, a man of great personality and humanity, capable of raising the younger ones by acting as an older brother.

Frank wore the blue and white shirt with great pride, always honoring it, setting an example - writes the Junion Finale -. Midfielder like there are no more, small, dynamic, intelligent and mean (competitively speaking).

Arrived as a possible backup, he took a shirt and never let it go. When he stopped playing he became a coach because the football field was something that was difficult to get away from… Hello captain, we will miss you so much and football will miss you so much'.

The funeral will be held on Wednesday at 15.30 in Castelmassa.
    https://www.lapressa.it/articoli/soc...ano-del-finale
    Last edited by pueblo; 21st March 2023 at 09:51.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (21st March 2023), Bill Ryan (21st March 2023), Ewan (21st March 2023), Harmony (21st March 2023), Matthew (23rd March 2023), Mercedes (22nd March 2023), mountain_jim (22nd March 2023), pyrangello (22nd March 2023), Reinhard (22nd March 2023)

25. Link to Post #653
    Thanks

Quote Dr. Thomas Michael Manzuk (BSC DC)
    JUNE 27, 1954 – MARCH 7, 2023

IN THE CARE OF
    Markey-Dermody Funeral Home

Passed away suddenly at home at the age of 68. Loving husband of Kymberley for 38 years. Cherished son of Anne and Thomas. Beloved brother of Donna Magalas. He will be missed by his nieces Laura VanderBroek and Jennifer Magalas and also extended family and friends.

Thomas was a marathon runner and even completed the Boston Marathon five times. He was always known as a wonderful chiropractor, for his caring heart and love of animals. Cremation has taken place and a Celebration of Life will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations to CNIB would be appreciated.
    https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obit...sc-dc-11206631

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (21st March 2023), Bill Ryan (21st March 2023), Ewan (21st March 2023), Harmony (21st March 2023), Matthew (23rd March 2023), Mercedes (22nd March 2023), mountain_jim (22nd March 2023), pyrangello (22nd March 2023), Reinhard (22nd March 2023)

27. Link to Post #654
    Thanks

Quote Running: Barcelona marathon runners victims of heart attacks

na, News
    Published on 20/03/2023 at 12:06, updated at 12:12

Two athletes were hospitalized after having a heart attack during the race organized this Sunday.

Two participants of the Barcelona marathon had to be hospitalized for cardiac arrest, according to the Catalan media Betevé.

The emergency services were able to intervene in time to intubate the two runners and ensure their transfer to the Clínic hospital.

One of the runners is 26 years old and would be of foreign nationality. The second runner is a 64-year-old Spaniard.

Little information on their state of health was provided by the organizers of the Barcelona Marathon who contented themselves this Sunday to specify that the two athletes remained hospitalized pending a more complete medical report.

Dos corredors de la @maratobarcelona han hagut de ser recuperats, intubats i traslladats a l’Hospital Clínic pels@semgencat per una aturada cardíaca mentre disputaven la cursa. Es tracta de dos atletes de 26 i 64 anys, el primer estranger i el segon, nacional.

— Anna Punsí (@punsix) March 19, 2023
    More than 15,000 people participated in this marathon organized this Sunday in Barcelona and which saw the victories of Marius Kimutai, in men, and Zeineba Yimer, in women. The two winners broke the record of the Barcelona marathon.
    https://www.lindependant.fr/2023/03/...s-11074934.php

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (21st March 2023), Bill Ryan (21st March 2023), Ewan (21st March 2023), Harmony (21st March 2023), Johnnycomelately (22nd March 2023), Matthew (23rd March 2023), Mercedes (22nd March 2023), mountain_jim (22nd March 2023), Orph (21st March 2023), pyrangello (22nd March 2023), Reinhard (22nd March 2023)

29. Link to Post #655
    Thanks

Quote Sudden illness while training, man dies in the gym

Unfortunately, help was useless

Redazione
    20 marzo 2023 14:24

Struck by a sudden illness, probably a heart attack, while training in the gym: it is the sad fate of a 55-year-old man. The drama took place in the late morning of today, Monday 20 March, in a sports center in via Civiltà del Lavoro in Verolanuova.

The man would have felt bad while he was participating in a spinning class: he would have suddenly collapsed under the eyes of his classmates and the instructor. The call to the single number for emergencies was triggered at around 12.30 and the rescue machine moved quickly: in a few minutes the volunteers of the White Cross of Leno arrived, and the team of a self-medication. Unfortunately, the efforts of the doctors were in vain: the 55-year-old's heart never started beating again.

Shortly afterwards, the Verolanuova carabinieri also arrived and were responsible for investigating the case. According to initial findings, there would be little doubt about the natural causes of death
    https://www.bresciatoday.it/cronaca/...palestra-.html

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (21st March 2023), Bill Ryan (21st March 2023), Ewan (21st March 2023), Harmony (21st March 2023), Johnnycomelately (22nd March 2023), Matthew (23rd March 2023), Mercedes (22nd March 2023), mountain_jim (22nd March 2023), Orph (21st March 2023), pyrangello (22nd March 2023), Reinhard (22nd March 2023)

31. Link to Post #656
    Thanks

Quote Woman drowned off Porthcurnick beach after possible heart attack

Published 1 day ago

A retired headteacher drowned at a beach in Cornwall after a possible heart attack, an inquest has heard.

Julie Beach, 59, was swimming at Porthcurnick beach at Portscatho, on the Roseland peninsula, in August 2022 when she got into difficulty.

Passers-by rescued her from the water and attempted resuscitation but she died at the scene, the inquest at Cornwall Corner's Court heard.
    It concluded she drowned after a coronary event while swimming.

Mrs Beach was said to be fit and healthy, and ran regularly and swam in the same spot several times a week.

Her husband Simon told the court she was a good swimmer who had gone to the beach to cool off.

There were no strong currents in the sea at the time, he added.

Rescuers praised

He said his wife went to the same location each time for a 30-minute swim with an orange buoy attached to her waist.

The inquest in Truro heard she called for help while in the water between 165-245ft (50-75m) from the beach and cliffs.

Christine Boon, who was walking along the coastal path, reached her about five minutes after hearing her in distress.

Another man also swam to her and towed her back to the beach, the inquest heard.

Off-duty health workers commenced resuscitation after she was brought to shore.

The inquest heard that she may have suffered a heart attack while swimming in the sea.

Assistant coroner Guy Davies recorded a narrative conclusion, saying she died from drowning while swimming following a coronary event.

He praised those who swam to her and the healthcare workers who tried to revive her on the beach.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-65015676

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (22nd March 2023), Bill Ryan (22nd March 2023), Ewan (22nd March 2023), Harmony (22nd March 2023), Johnnycomelately (22nd March 2023), Matthew (23rd March 2023), Mercedes (22nd March 2023), mountain_jim (22nd March 2023), pyrangello (22nd March 2023), Reinhard (22nd March 2023)

33. Link to Post #657
    Thanks

Quote Victim of heart disease, a college student from Aubigny-sur-Nère helicoptered to the hospital

Published on 21/03/2023 at 7:39 pm

A student from Gérard-Philipe College, in Aubigny-sur-Nère, was the victim of a heart attack on Tuesday, March 21, in the middle of the afternoon. Rescued by staff of the establishment, the firefighters and the Samu, he was helicoptered to the Orléans hospital.
    A 4th grade student at Gérard-Philipe College, in Aubigny-sur-Nère, suffered from heart disease on Tuesday, March 21, at about 4:45 p.m. Quickly rescued by staff of the institution, then by the firefighters and the Samu, the 14-year-old student was helicoptered to the Orleans Regional Hospital Center shortly before 7 p.m., once stabilized. The gendarmes also went to the site.

During a sports class

According to the first elements, the young boy was in sports class, in a gymnasium of the establishment, when he felt bad. He lost consciousness and was rescued by college staff. Alerted, the firefighters and the Samu also intervened to take care of the college student.

Ten months suspended prison for shooting at his neighbors' house in Charenton-du-Cher

The other students present during this circus art sports course were taken care of by the supervisors and then by their parents. "A medical-psychological emergency cell will be set up tomorrow (Wednesday, March 22, editor's note) within the institution," says Denis Cherrier, principal of Gérard-Philipe College.
    https://www.leberry.fr/aubigny-sur-n...ital_14281223/

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

avid (22nd March 2023), Bill Ryan (22nd March 2023), Ewan (22nd March 2023), Harmony (22nd March 2023), Johnnycomelately (22nd March 2023), Matthew (23rd March 2023), Mercedes (22nd March 2023), mountain_jim (22nd March 2023), pyrangello (22nd March 2023), Reinhard (22nd March 2023)

35. Link to Post #658
    Thanks

Quote LA Tenorio reveals fight against Stage Three colon cancer

by REUBEN TERRADO
    A DAY AGO

THE PBA's 'Ironman' is facing the biggest battle of his life.

LA Tenorio, 38, has been diagnosed with Stage Three colon cancer, the Barangay Ginebra guard announced in a statement posted in the PBA website.

The former Ateneo star made the statement on Tuesday, apologizing to the public for keeping his initial diagnosis three weeks ago secret as he missed games in the Gin Kings' campaign in the PBA Governors' Cup.

READ: How Tenorio revealed cancer news to teammates after Ginebra practice
    At the time of the announcement of his surgery on March 8, his team said it was for an 'aggravated sports hernia' and Ginebra said it expected its starting guard to be back in 'three to four weeks.'

“I was recently diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer. The initial testing three weeks ago led me to instantly miss practices and games. I have completed my surgery last week and will soon undergo treatment for the next few months,” said Tenorio.

Tenorio made it clear that he is not yet retiring from basketball, saying he believes that he will recover soon with the help of doctors from the Philippines and Singapore.

“I have given not only 17 full years to the PBA, but have dedicated my whole life to basketball. I have committed my body and health for the love of the game. It has been my passion and love. Sadly, there are things beyond one's control,” said Tenorio.

On March 1, the 5-8 guard from Batangas missed his first PBA match after 744 games, ending the longest streak of games played by a PBA player.
    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/l...feed_1_section

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

37. Link to Post #659
    Thanks

Quote Biathlon circus loses icon

By: Jennifer Date: March 14, 2023

No biathlete has won more world championship titles than Marte Orsb Royceland. The Norwegian is an icon in her sport, most recently in Oberhof where she became a two-time world champion. Now the 32 year old says goodbye. It creates emotions.

Norwegian biathlon record world champion Marte Orsb Roisland ended her incredible sporting career after the season ended this Sunday. Announcing her retirement is both strange and sad, but also incredibly right. I’ve accomplished that,” she said, visibly impressed.

Lloydsland made a meaningful appearance at the Biathlon World Championships in Oberhof in February. “I can’t say anything right now. I’m just trying to enjoy the moment. I’m fully aware that this could be my last World Cup. And it’s important to enjoy it.” The Norwegian understood how difficult it would be for her to say goodbye. rice field.

Royceland is currently competing in the final three races of her career at the World Cup in Holmenkollen, Oslo from Friday. She is the birthplace of Nordic skiing, and after winning the gold crystal globe at the World Cup last year, she contracted the coronavirus at an off-season party. The infection caused her major problems for months and she was only able to start the season after a long delay.However, she made it in time for the World Championships and in Oberhof she won two races. a gold medal and she won one bronze medal.

The three-time Beijing Olympic champion is the most successful ski hunter in the recent past, recently replacing Magdalena Neuner as the woman with the most gold medals in title fights at Thuringia. Neuner won a total of 12 gold medals. Overall, Lloydsland has won her seven Olympic medals and her 17 World Championship medals. Her extraordinary talent has led her to marry Sverre Orsb-Reusland, who has been in charge of the German women’s team since last summer as an assistant coach.

Source: N-TV
    https://earlybulletins.news/sports/211165.html

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd March 2023), Matthew (23rd March 2023), mountain_jim (23rd March 2023)

39. Link to Post #660
    Thanks

Quote Ibrahim was a fit and active teenage boy - one day he went to bed and never woke up

Ibrahim Shahid was found 'unresponsive' in bed by his parents at his home in Oldham on Wednesday morning

By John Scheerhout Crime reporter
    21:39, 19 MAR 2023

Tributes have been paid to a fit and active 14-year-old schoolboy who was found dead in bed by his devastated parents.

Ibrahim Shahid was found 'unresponsive' in bed at his home in Oldham on Wednesday morning.

Tributes have been paid to the popular teen, a 'care-free soul' at Hathershaw College and a keen footballer for Chadderton FC Juniors.

Hundreds of family, school friends and well-wishers attended prayers for the youngster at his mosque, Villa Road Masjid in Oldham on Friday afternoon, and his burial at Chadderton Cemetery later the same day. A minute of applause was held before youth matches across Oldham on Sunday to celebrate his short life.

Ibrahim leaves behind his taxi driver father Shahid Ilyas, 48, mum Saima Jawaid, 44, and three siblings Ismael, 25, Saher, 24 and Elizah, 18.

His uncle Umar Jawaid, 39, an optometrist, said the family was 'living through a nightmare'.

He told the M.E.N: "This has had a massive impact on the whole community. I've been to a lot of funerals, unfortunately, in my time but we had to delay the prayers so imams from other mosques could arrive. There were hundreds of people there, pupils and teachers from Hathershaw College and from his primary school, Broadfield primary school. It was incredible.

"Ibrahim was one of those characters who had friends of all ages at Hathershaw school. He had friends in the lower years and friends in the higher years. He had really good conversational skills and he was able to bring people together. He'd also really developed leadership skills.

"He was very active. He was a keen footballer. He loved his football. I spoke to one of his teachers who said he didn't want to pick him for the school team but he was one of those characters who just pestered him and pestered him. Eventually he could not say no to the kid!

"He used to run around and had bags of energy. On the street he was always having a kick-about. No-one went until Ibrahim was tired, which to be honest didn't happen very often."

Umar said his nephew was 'always punctual' at school and always attended the mosque for prayers.

"He was a care-free soul. He wanted his life to be as stress-free as possible, just to have a joke. He would say his brother was the one who was going to go to work and that he didn't need that stress," said Umar.

Ibrahim, a Manchester United fan, was a 'fit young lad' but the 'initial indication' was that he had suffered an undiagnosed heart problem, he added. He suffered from 'no prior health issues'.

A statement on the Chadderton FC Juniors Facebook page said: "It is with deep sadness that the club were informed of the unexpected and tragic passing of Ibrahim Shahid on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

"Ibrahim, who was a member of the U14 Stripes, had been with the club since he was 6 years old and is pictured below (front centre) in his first cup final back in 2016.

"In fact he was our first ever man of the match and the first ever winner of the annual manager's player of the year trophy.

"Nothing fazed Ibrahim, he was a popular member of the squad and always brought a smile to the faces of his coaches with his constant questions, be it football related or life in general.

"You will be badly missed young man and everyone at the club, both juniors and seniors, players, coaches and families send their heartfelt condolences to his family."
    https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...e-boy-26509780

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd March 2023), DNA (23rd March 2023), Matthew (23rd March 2023), mountain_jim (23rd March 2023), pyrangello (22nd March 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst 1 23 33 43 64 LastLast