1. Link to Post #21
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,634 times in 20,811 posts

Default Re: Fawlty Towers

• John Cleese blacklists himself from Cambridge Uni event 'in protest':
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2021), Brigantia (15th November 2021), Gemma13 (15th November 2021), Hym (2nd January 2022), Spiral (2nd January 2022)

3. Link to Post #22
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,359 times in 639 posts

Not only FT but also MP ... Meet Mr. "Hilter" :

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2021), Brigantia (15th November 2021), ExomatrixTV (15th November 2021), Gemma13 (15th November 2021), gord (15th November 2021), Hym (2nd January 2022), muxfolder (21st November 2021), palehorse (3rd January 2022)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    German
    Thanks

A longer version with the nice balcony speech ...

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2021), Brigantia (15th November 2021), ExomatrixTV (15th November 2021), Gemma13 (15th November 2021), gord (15th November 2021), Hym (3rd January 2022), palehorse (3rd January 2022)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    German
    Thanks

Btw, I think Cobra Kai's Johnny Lawrence is the Basil Fawlty of our time now. SJWs and Wokies hate him.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd January 2022), Hym (2nd January 2022), palehorse (3rd January 2022), Spiral (2nd January 2022), Vangelo (2nd January 2022)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    English
    Thanks

What is an SJW?

I get Wokies = as in describing people awake, eyes open to what is going on beyond the narrative given them by MSM, or open to new understanding, like most members of this forum are "woke".

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to safara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd January 2022), Hym (3rd January 2022)

11. Link to Post #26
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

No. Most here are not woke.

They are on the path to enlightenment.

The woke are the fake Social Justice Warriors with a cause, the ends to which any and all means are acceptable. The woke are not awake, they are reanimated automatons spouting platitudes and spewing half-truths, looking to be pointed towards the next great social injustice to mimic their misguided outrage.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd January 2022), Blacklight43 (3rd January 2022), Hym (3rd January 2022), Mari (3rd January 2022), Mercedes (3rd January 2022), Open Minded Dude (3rd January 2022), safara (3rd January 2022), Snoweagle (3rd January 2022), The KMan (3rd January 2022), Vicus (3rd January 2022)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,033 times in 910 posts

SJW means social justice warriors. People who are aggressively pushing their agenda, which is only what their idea of justice is.

It is associated with those obnoxious folks pushing an insane and imbalanced view in order for themselves to remain fearful and under the control of those who push an agenda that is rarely the objective of their media based influence.

It is reminiscent of all fascist movements that end in restricting others freedoms, their rights to personal bodily choice. Most SJW presentations are devoid of humor, hence are allergic to insightful memes.
    SJW's present the antithesis of communication, acceptance and personal responsibility.
    My advice is to make other plans when an sjw party invitation is sent your way.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd January 2022), Mari (3rd January 2022), Mercedes (3rd January 2022), Open Minded Dude (3rd January 2022), safara (3rd January 2022), Snoweagle (3rd January 2022), The KMan (3rd January 2022), Vicus (3rd January 2022)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    No. Most here are not woke.

They are on the path to enlightenment.

The woke are the fake Social Justice Warriors with a cause, the ends to which any and all means are acceptable. The woke are not awake, they are reanimated automatons spouting platitudes and spewing half-truths, looking to be pointed towards the next great social injustice to mimic their misguided outrage.
    Is not elightenment being towards being awake? Maybe most are are not fully there yet, but surely a good thing that they are questioning things? I like that people question things. If I am not to be open to new ideas you are saying that I should be asleep?

I like Cobra Kai - and am liking the play-off between the 2 ways of thinking - both have their merits - and the answer is to embrace both for the better.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to safara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd January 2022), Ernie Nemeth (4th January 2022), Hym (3rd January 2022)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hym (here)
    SJW means social justice warriors. People who are aggressively pushing their agenda, which is only what their idea of justice is.

It is associated with those obnoxious folks pushing an insane and imbalanced view in order for themselves to remain fearful and under the control of those who push an agenda that is rarely the objective of their media based influence.

It is reminiscent of all fascist movements that end in restricting others freedoms, their rights to personal bodily choice. Most SJW presentations are devoid of humor, hence are allergic to insightful memes.
    SJW's present the antithesis of communication, acceptance and personal responsibility.
    My advice is to make other plans when an sjw party invitation is sent your way.
    Passionate advocate for doing good things for people, the world needs more good stuff done for people in the community. Socially, together and for all.

Social Justice as a phrase seems like a good thing. I would not like to be the person that would denegrate someone for promoting justice. Why would that be a bad thing?

Pretty sure John Cleese in FT dont give a crap about monikers, it was of it's time and shows how we have grown since then

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to safara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd January 2022), Ernie Nemeth (3rd January 2022), Hym (3rd January 2022)

19. Link to Post #30
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

Ya. I watch the show. I like it. It's entertainment.

Underneath that is a social narrative that I ignore because it is an opinion that I don't share. Also, at that level the show becomes contentious. There is programming going on at this level, and I won't be programmed.

But the propaganda is slick, I'll give you that, as this thread illustrates. At this level it is an attack on society's instinctual reverence for their ancestors, those that came before and forged a way of life out of the wilderness. It works on the emotional level to accustom the masses to the great reset that is upon us. It attempts to instill fear through the violent nature of the inevitable change underway. It also highlights the tragic impetuousness of the inexperienced and the uninitiated while playing on the gullibility and susceptibility to taint this force of youthful belligerence by guile and misappropriation.

At this level it really is a secret message to the aging population of the west that their time is over and their way of life is done and to get with the 'new' program or just go and die.

I prefer to consider it is just a show. I root for the grown-up Karate Kid.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd January 2022), Hym (3rd January 2022)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,033 times in 910 posts

Well, I too wondered why such a phrase was considered a bad thing when I know that many of us here do want social justice. In this twisted context they have become impotent in addressing the real issues that need our support and work to change for the better.

It is anti-fascists, antifa, becoming the most fascist of all.
    It is yet one in another of the social control mechanisms that diverted the energy of society enough to carry out the plan for total social control that we are now dealing with.

However, from the beginning of seeing those who were violent and then watching how they added the word "warrior" as part of their identity, it was clear that they were being emotionally manipulated into being part of a much larger diversion, from the plans of those who supported their most violent actions, actions that only harmed those communities most in need of support, infrastructure rebuilding and real social justice.

The odd thing about how words and phrases have been turned around to mean just the opposite of what they clearly are. This is the case where that phrase has meant the opposite, when we see that those who call themselves social justice warriors don't want anyone but themselves and their chosen causes to have social justice.

It is those who call their cause of promoting violence, instead of understanding and getting to the sometimes difficult work to communicate with others, who have adulterated the words that mean social justice.

They add "warriors" to the phrase when they are clearly telling the world that they are not warriors, but mercenaries who are paid by getting their egos inflated thru their social credit system, thru the social media that allows and promotes their violence...and those people are rarely aware of the controlling mechanism that manipulates them into fostering division and not understanding and working for the good of all.

In this context they have shown themselves to be some of the worst reactionaries, those manipulated into becoming the most inhumane and anti-social, mindless, lynch mobs we have seen in years.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd January 2022), Ernie Nemeth (3rd January 2022), safara (3rd January 2022)

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Well, I too wondered why such a phrase was considered a bad thing when I know that many of us here do want social justice. In this twisted context they have become impotent in addressing the real issues that need our support and work to change for the better.

It is anti-fascists, antifa, becoming the most fascist of all.
    It is yet one in another of the social control mechanisms that diverted the energy of society enough to carry out the plan for total social control that we are now dealing with.

However, from the beginning of seeing those who were violent and then watching how they added the word "warrior" as part of their identity, it was clear that they were being emotionally manipulated into being part of a much larger diversion, from the plans of those who supported their most violent actions, actions that only harmed those communities most in need of support, infrastructure rebuilding and real social justice.

The odd thing about how words and phrases have been turned around to mean just the opposite of what they clearly are. This is the case where that phrase has meant the opposite, when we see that those who call themselves social justice warriors don't want anyone but themselves and their chosen causes to have social justice.

It is those who call their cause of promoting violence, instead of understanding and getting to the sometimes difficult work to communicate with others, who have adulterated the words that mean social justice.
    Nice post
    Ya, we need to keep in mind the global nature of the issue and not compartmentalise all into the narrative of a small part of the world.

They add "warriors" to the phrase when they are clearly telling the world that they are not warriors, but mercenaries who are paid by getting their egos inflated thru their social credit system, thru the social media that allows and promotes their violence...and those people are rarely aware of the controlling mechanism that manipulates them into fostering division and not understanding and working for the good of all.

In this context they have shown themselves to be some of the worst reactionaries, those manipulated into becoming the most inhumane and anti-social, mindless, lynch mobs we have seen in years.
    Warriors is a crazy word that is attributed to many mindless souls just doing the will of their masters with often murderous outcomes, without understanding what they are doing. Like many in any military you care to name.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to safara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd January 2022), Ernie Nemeth (3rd January 2022), Hym (3rd January 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2