+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Evidence of Bigfoot in Staffordshire, England?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,230 times in 233 posts

Default Evidence of Bigfoot in Staffordshire, England?

41cm footprint, gored deer remains, and claw marks on a nearby tree have been found by a British, long time Bigfoot hunter and enthusiast.

Seems like this place has an interesting history of sightings, and other strange phenomena.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wei...f-7ft-25452721

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ben For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (14th November 2021), Mare (14th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (15th November 2021), Nasu (16th November 2021), scotslad (15th November 2021), selinam (14th November 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,531 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: Evidence of Bigfoot in Staffordshire, England?

My first thought is that this is surely rather more likely:
    The problem with an enormous creature like Bigfoot in the UK is the unlike the US, there really are very few areas that could be called 'wilderness'. (And most of those are in Scotland.)

A big cat would be nocturnal, very stealthy, and can easily live in a fairly compact woodland habitat. England still does have those. But nothing remotely like the extensive forest of (e.g.) the US Pacific northwest.

In terms of pure basic biology, it seems to me it couldn't possibly sustain itself. And if a Bigfoot-like creature existed in the UK, the island is so densely populated (again, relative to many parts of the US and Canada) that there would sure to have been many sightings and reports. But this is the first claim I've ever heard of.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 14th November 2021 at 16:50.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (14th November 2021), Ben (14th November 2021), Brigantia (15th November 2021), Brodie75 (15th November 2021), ExomatrixTV (14th November 2021), Ioneo (14th November 2021), Mare (14th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (15th November 2021), muxfolder (17th November 2021), Nasu (16th November 2021), O Donna (15th November 2021), pabranno (15th November 2021), palehorse (14th November 2021), Sunny-side-up (15th November 2021), Yoda (14th November 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

I went through the same thought process Bill.

Then I wondered that if there is a Bigfoot in such a densly populated, and small forested place like England, then maybe that would be more evidence of there being an interdimensional/portal travelling ability in these beings?

And 41cm?! That is absolutely massive, and the biggest cat paws apparently belong to the Canadian Lynx, which can be the size of a human hand, which surely rules out a wildcat.

Unless there's a wildcat in England the size of an elephant of course

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ben For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th November 2021), Brigantia (15th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (15th November 2021), Nasu (16th November 2021), O Donna (15th November 2021), pabranno (15th November 2021), scotslad (15th November 2021), Sunny-side-up (15th November 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

https://ludchurchmyblog.wordpress.co...cannock-chase/

"
    Cannock Chase has always been a hotbed for unexplained sightings.
    More than 2,000 of black cats have now been recorded on Cannock Chase. Hundreds of UFO sightings have also been recorded over Hednesford Hills – land which was once used by druids for sacrifice and ceremony. Visitors to Castle Ring over the years have also reported sightings of a Bigfoot-type creature roaming the land.
    ‘Team Called In Over Bigfoot Sightings’ 14 February 2006
    Reports were circulating today that a strange beast is roaming Cannock Chase – and now paranormal investigators are investigating.
    A Bigfoot-type creature is said to be roaming the woodland of Cannock Chase and a number of eyewitness accounts are adding weight to allegations that Sasquatch – as Red Indians dubbed the creature – is alive.
    Respected “X Files” reporter Nick Redfern has monitored sightings from Castle Ring to Slitting Mill.
    And all of the locals who spotted the mystery beast give the same description – a giant, hairy creature with blazing red eyes.
    Jackie Haughton sparked the Bigfoot alert with a sighting in the early hours of February 18, 1995, on the Cannock-Rugeley road.
    Writing for Fate magazine, Mr Redfern reports: “She was suddenly forced to swerve the car and narrowly avoided collision with a large, shambling creature that stepped into the road at a distance of about 20 feet.
    “Considering that she was travelling at high speed, said Jackie, it was a miracle that she didn’t hit it. The encounter lasted barely a few seconds, but she had caught sight of the animal and said it was man-like and tall, very hairy, with two self-illuminating, glowing red eyes. It quickly vanished into the trees.”
    Jackie’s claims gained credence when a motorist and his party recorded a sighting on a night in September, 1998.
    One of the party of four said: “It was a tall, man-like figure, sort of crouching forward. As we passed, it turned and looked straight at us.
    “I would describe it as around 6ft 8in, very strong-looking and with a darkish, blacky-brown coat. I still get goosebumps thinking about it.”
    Alec Williams had an eightsecond encounter with Bigfoot at Castle Ring – an ancient monument – in April 2004. He describes a 7ft creature, with short, shiny, dark brown hair, large head and eyes that glow bright red.
    Mr Williams claims he saw what looked like a camera flash nearby and heard an “owl-like cry”. In another article dated May 2006 it mentions that Derek Crawley, chairman of Staffordshire Mammal Group, reported that the Sasquatch-type creature seen on Cannock Chase could actually have been a black panther. It was suggested that the witnesses had seen a big cat in a tree and mistaken the branches as arms."

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ben For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th November 2021), Brigantia (15th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (15th November 2021), muxfolder (17th November 2021), Nasu (16th November 2021), pabranno (15th November 2021), scotslad (15th November 2021), Sunny-side-up (15th November 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Interesting, Black cats and witches.
    Aliens and little demons shape shifting and the Djinn.
    Big foot and Orb's, UFO's
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Ben (15th November 2021), Bill Ryan (15th November 2021), pabranno (15th November 2021), scotslad (15th November 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,666 times in 638 posts

Mermaids in the Thames next week. The daily star costs 10 pence for a reason.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Nasu (16th November 2021), Sunny-side-up (16th November 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,978 times in 1,342 posts

I was sceptical about this when I saw that the source was the Daily Star.

That said, it is true that Cannock Chase is a very eldritch place, very strange energies there. I've never felt so uneasy as I felt there in any other part of the British Isles, and I wasn't even aware at that time of its reputed high strangeness.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Nasu (16th November 2021), Sunny-side-up (16th November 2021)

+ Reply to Thread