1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Default Happy Thanksgiving

Dear friends (already or soon to be)

i just want to wish each and every one of you a very Happy Thanksgiving ... i know that it has been pretty rough for most of us. We have been challenged and confronted in almost every area that we once held dear and sacred, and kinda firum and unshakeable .... and now? most of that has been turned upside down ... or even beyond recognition

our hearts are in need of healing ... and we are the only ones who can do that.

for me? Appreciation ~ Gratitude is a higher vibrational frequency that when focused upon automatically draws more things TO appreciate to us ...

it is the direct opposite of Resistance, which ALSO draws more (of the same) things TO resist to us ...

the key to happiness (or anything) does NOT lie in the external circumstances we find ourselves in ...

it lies in the Internal focus of our minds and heart ...

Like attracts Like

therefore it has NEVER been of ANY use to wish things would change Externally ...

Even if they did, (which is unlikely) If the Internal Resistance remained, soon enough more things TO resist would show up!

ONLY changing our Internal state causes true transformation ... it also MUST be maintained."

Click image for larger version

Name:	happy people don't have more they just appreciate (3-2-14) ~ 38 (6).jpg
Views:	18
Size:	348.8 KB
ID:	47981
    Last edited by iota; 25th November 2021 at 22:24.
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Agape (26th November 2021), Ankle Biter (26th November 2021), Bill Ryan (25th November 2021), Brigantia (26th November 2021), ExomatrixTV (25th November 2021), Hym (25th November 2021), I am B (25th November 2021), Inversion (25th November 2021), Ioneo (25th November 2021), justntime2learn (26th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th November 2021), Mashika (25th November 2021), O Donna (26th November 2021), Ravenlocke (1st December 2021), Sadieblue (26th November 2021), Satori (26th November 2021), Stephanie (24th November 2022), Sue (Ayt) (26th November 2021), toppy (26th November 2021), Vangelo (25th November 2021), wondering (26th November 2021), xidaijena (27th November 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving

one thing i used to be grateful for was my "tribe" on FB .. amongst them was/is a special group i call "the Keepers" they've known me since i was about 6 or 12 ..

FB used to be a convenient way to stay in touch .. so it hurts a bit on days like this to be out of communication there as i have been for over a year now, so today i popped in and wrote them, not knowing if the time will ever come when i'll return. i wrote this to them and now i share it with you as well ...

this was my Thanksgiving post today

"Precious souls i love so much! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone of you!! i came to tell you that no matter where life leads to next? i will always be so grateful that our paths crossed. Each one of you is beautiful, and brave, and strong, and kind. we've shared our lives for decades now, you've been so generous to allow me glimpses to you journeys and have been so compassionate with me on mine.

honestly, the travels my path have led me to would not have been the same without you. you held me up when i thought i'd been broken to a million pieces and there was no hope i could ever be put back together ...

i know my papa is safe and at peace, i know he is always with me, but my heart still wishes i could see his beautiful face and kiss my baby one last time ... again.

and i know i'm not alone in feeling pain ... so i will offer what i wrote shortly after his departure though i don't even know how it is i was able to connect to this:

"i feel blessed to have given the planet a TRULY brilliant light
    he showed us purity in love
    and none that met him EVER forgot him
    authentic Love has that kind of power

and i find as i focus on THAT
    the pain eases
    the panic lessens
    and joy is able to peek out

joy is what he gave me
    joy is what he has earned
    joy is mine to choose
    even in the midst of pain"

please know that deep within you is the power of the Universe to heal all wounds and mend all hearts and reach out and touch another in the way that only you can do

gratitude isn't what we feel because we are happy. Happiness is what comes when we open our hearts to gratitude

today? if you are reading this? please know that i am grateful for you! Happy Thanksgiving ... please create it .. not just today but continuously ....you absolutely deserve no less!

Last edited by iota; 26th November 2021 at 21:52. Reason: edited on fb so edited here

so that any adversary

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th November 2021), Bill Ryan (25th November 2021), Brigantia (26th November 2021), Hym (25th November 2021), I am B (25th November 2021), Inversion (25th November 2021), Ioneo (25th November 2021), justntime2learn (26th November 2021), Mashika (25th November 2021), O Donna (26th November 2021), Ravenlocke (1st December 2021), Sadieblue (26th November 2021), Satori (26th November 2021), Sue (Ayt) (26th November 2021), Vangelo (25th November 2021), wondering (26th November 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 337 posts

Despite not being in the US I already did a fancy dinner around it! There isn't a more Spanish tradition than taking a foreign one and throwing a party around it!

Regarding avalon...
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

(No, I'm not leaving though) But I'm grateful for this too. Happy thanksgiving!

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Agape (26th November 2021), Ankle Biter (26th November 2021), Bill Ryan (25th November 2021), Brigantia (26th November 2021), Hym (25th November 2021), Inversion (25th November 2021), iota (26th November 2021), justntime2learn (26th November 2021), Mashika (25th November 2021), O Donna (26th November 2021), Ravenlocke (1st December 2021), Sadieblue (26th November 2021), Satori (26th November 2021), Stephanie (24th November 2022), Vangelo (25th November 2021), wondering (26th November 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,630 times in 20,810 posts

• History of the Holidays: History of Thanksgiving | History:
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th November 2021), Bill Ryan (30th November 2021), Brigantia (26th November 2021), Inversion (26th November 2021), O Donna (26th November 2021), Ravenlocke (1st December 2021), Sadieblue (26th November 2021), Stephanie (24th November 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

I always have loved the spirit of Thanksgiving (sharing and gratitude). I also love Christmas (the birth of the Divine child) and the fact that there is an agenda behind these holidays means only that I will take back my meanings and love them.

Quote Gratitude: The Power to Transform
    November 23, 2021
    Tony Perkins

This isn't the idyllic Norman Rockwell backdrop to Thanksgiving that most Americans would have chosen. With every negative headline, every crisis, gratitude is probably the last thing on most people's minds. We're hunting for bargains on turkeys and cautiously filling up grocery carts amid skyrocketing prices, but how many of us are actually stopping to look beyond the sting of the present to reflect on our true blessings -- and what kind of difference would it make if we did?

As difficult as life is right now for so many people, Professor Jeffrey Froh, author of Making Grateful Kids, says, "that's when you really have to do your best to scan your environment and take in the blessings that continue to abound [and]… acknowledge the transcendent source -- that God is the supreme benefactor, the divine giver of life. That's when we'll put ourselves in a better place." It's the powerful recognition that, "When I leave work today, I may not make it home. I may never see my family again. And that doesn't mean we live in fear," Dr. Froh says. "It means understanding that this life is a gift that we don't deserve. And when you start to really grasp that -- that God loved you into existence -- you can use that energy to start turning things around."

Would that be easier if things were good? Absolutely. But gratitude isn't just for times of plenty. And the history of our country proves it.

It was 400 years ago that the first recorded Thanksgiving took place on American soil. And as the celebration gets underway in Plymouth, Massachusetts, we still have a lot to learn from the brave settlers who hosted that first meal. "These were not like other men," the late Peter Marshall wrote in his book, The Light and The Glory. "The more adversity mounted against them, the harder they prayed -- never giving in to despair, to murmuring, to any of the petty jealousies that split and divide." And yet, when you think about all they had to endure in those first 10 months, losing almost half of their company to death, it's hard to believe they didn't just throw up their hands and give up.

For them, gratitude was a choice. It was a decision to see God's hand at work, even when everything around them screamed they'd been deserted. Despite the harshest of conditions, they never stopped trusting God's promises. And where would we be, as a nation, if they had?

At a lot of points in our country's history, Thanksgiving arrived in the darkest of chapters. Two years into the Civil War, the most divided America has ever been, 51,000 men and boys lay dead on the fields of Gettysburg when a letter crossed President Lincoln's desk. It was sent by a woman in Philadelphia named Sarah Josepha Hale. For more than 17 years she'd written to presidents, governors, and dozens of other leaders -- pleading with them to invoke a national day of gratitude. Almost none of them responded.

But something about a fixed day of thanksgiving struck a chord with Lincoln, who saw his broken and tattered nation on the brink. On the third day of October 1863, he decided to take a tradition the country had only sporadically celebrated since George Washington and make it permanent. "In the midst of a civil war unequalled in magnitude and severity," Lincoln wrote, it was time to thank God for His mercy, for freedom, and for the deliverance the country wouldn't witness for another two long years. "Heal the wounds of the nation," he prayed in his proclamation, "and restore it."

It wasn't unlike the difficult days of the second world war, when families gathered around tables with empty chairs, waiting for news from overseas. Some soldiers would mark those holidays by worshipping in the bombed-out ruins of St. Andrew's Parish in England -- the same church where the pilgrims met to pray before leaving for America some 320 years earlier. Others ate turkey legs on the battlefield, a rare taste of home that had been shipped across the dangerous Atlantic just to remind people what they were fighting for.

By 1944, five months after the allies had stormed the beaches of Normandy, the fighting still raged across Holland, Belgium, and France. Winston Churchill could not know, as he stood in the Royal Albert Hall on November 23rd that Hitler was about to unleash the last great German offensive in Western Europe. All he knew, as the Americans and British gathered to pray, was this: "Always there has been this desire for thanksgiving, and never, I think, has there been more justification, more compulsive need than now."

Seventy-seven years later, the struggles are different, but our choice is the same: will we be grateful? Will we put aside what we see for what we believe? It's the kind of discipline that looks past hardship to hope. It's what the Apostle Paul, who understood suffering better than anyone, meant when he told believers in Thessalonica, "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ for you" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

He didn't say rejoice when the economy is good, and gas prices are low. He said "give thanks in all circumstances" -- whether the people you trust are in power, whether the pandemic or a government mandate has taken your job, even when the country you love is breaking apart.

These last two years have been long. The only thing Americans seem united about is how divided we are. But there's also something else we can agree on as country: we've survived worse. The human heart hasn't changed. And if there's one virtue that has the power to transform it, it's gratitude. A common purpose -- healing -- that starts with a common theme: thanks. Could that be what it takes to restore hope and true freedom in America? This Thanksgiving, there's only one way to find out.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th November 2021), Bill Ryan (30th November 2021), Brigantia (26th November 2021), I am B (7th December 2021), iota (26th November 2021), Ravenlocke (1st December 2021), Sadieblue (26th November 2021), Stephanie (24th November 2022), Strat (26th November 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

it doesn't matter what THEY mean by it, it only matters what WE make of it.

it is that way for everything ...

our power is not theirs to take

never has been

there are as many perspective as there are beings ...

like this one

Name:  they do what then stuff what.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  8.0 KB

i have to go now ... he asked if i brought a car and could give him a ride ... my family isn't going to be too happy ... sigh
    Last edited by iota; 4th December 2021 at 06:38.

so that any adversary

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th November 2021), Bill Ryan (30th November 2021), Brigantia (26th November 2021), Frankie Pancakes (1st December 2021), I am B (7th December 2021), O Donna (26th November 2021), Ravenlocke (1st December 2021), Stephanie (24th November 2022), Sue (Ayt) (26th November 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member Ankle Biter's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,662 times in 368 posts

Happy thanksgiving all my spiritual siblings. Just like you say Iota the recent past has been confronting and challenging indeed! However, in my heart I have answered the call and have accelerated toward love not to fear.

Thank you all PA crew, I'm thankful for this place where we can share our thoughts and experiences and lend support to each other. When it feels like shadows have descended over the planet and many stumble in the dark, I appreciate that we aim to bring our collective inner light to help shine a path for those in our lives, on & off this platform. No matter how near or far away we find ourselves, no one is left behind.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. -Lao Tzu

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ankle Biter For This Post:

Agape (26th November 2021), Bill Ryan (30th November 2021), Brigantia (26th November 2021), ExomatrixTV (26th November 2021), Hym (24th November 2022), I am B (27th November 2021), iota (26th November 2021), O Donna (26th November 2021), Ravenlocke (1st December 2021), Stephanie (24th November 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,661 times in 480 posts

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	thanksgiving.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	801.8 KB
ID:	48020  

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frankie Pancakes For This Post:

Ankle Biter (21st December 2021), Bill Ryan (30th November 2021), iota (4th December 2021), Stephanie (24th November 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends!

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to truthseek For This Post:

Ankle Biter (21st December 2021), Bill Ryan (30th November 2021), Hym (24th November 2022), iota (4th December 2021), Ravenlocke (1st December 2021), Stephanie (24th November 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,006 times in 8,166 posts

MEL K & BRILLIANT BOBBY PITON | THANKSGIVING MINDSET - WE ARE WINNING ! 11-24-22
    November 24th, 2022

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/Luwifk9Iw2Bo/

Please learn about Bobby Piton here: https://www.preactiveinvestments.com

We The People must stand strong. stay united, resolute, calm and focus on the mission - God Wins!
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th November 2022), Harmony (25th November 2022), Sadieblue (26th November 2022), Vangelo (24th November 2022), wondering (24th November 2022)

21. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,577 times in 981 posts

Way to bump the thread. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, presto, politics. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a fan of Thanksgiving. National holy days for things like giving thanks to God, and thanking Christ, and considering Earth bound souls (is a Halloween a holiday? .. same thing), all these celebrations serve to kind of collapse the wave function of their focus, so that the populace can focus on everything but for the rest of the year. Besides that, and worse, is that the focus is yearly mocked — Thanksgiving and Christmas are slaughter feasts, Halloween teaches kids gluttony via candy.

So, getting into the ‘spirit’, here, I couldn’t take but a few minutes of your Mr. Piton. Let me just say, too challenging.

I went looking for a “Golden Piton” reference, which is Climbing Magazine’s award for the best mountaineers or at least ‘traditional’ climbers. A piton, to these men and women, is a thing they hammer into cracks in steep rock.

Found that piton means python in Spanish or something, which got me back to real thanks-giving. GOOD DOGGIES!

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    MEL K & BRILLIANT BOBBY PITON | THANKSGIVING MINDSET - WE ARE WINNING ! 11-24-22
    November 24th, 2022

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/Luwifk9Iw2Bo/

Please learn about Bobby Piton here: https://www.preactiveinvestments.com

We The People must stand strong. stay united, resolute, calm and focus on the mission - God Wins!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th November 2022)

+ Reply to Thread