1. Link to Post #1
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Default We should pay real respect for our war veterans

Do this, you don't know what they went through

Go visit the Korean and Vietnam vetarans, go visit the ones from Iraq, go tell them how much you appreciate, because only someone who has gone through that life, keeps their secrets in silence while suffering terrible nightmares day by day. And you don't know how much they gave up for you. Go tell them 'thank you so much'. That's all they need, it's very very simple see?

Just do something like this, you don't know how much it means, and how much it changes live for them. Please don't say "thanks for your service". That's crap, honestly, do something like this instead

"But there are too many of them"... Exactly, and all of them put their lives out there for you, so what? Pick your ass up and tell them how much it means!
    Last edited by Gracy; 26th December 2021 at 14:25.
    Tired

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th November 2021), Chris Gilbert (28th November 2021), Czarek (22nd December 2021), Franny (29th November 2021), Gracy (28th November 2021), happyuk (9th May 2023), Harmony (28th November 2021), Hym (28th November 2021), Ioneo (28th November 2021), iota (6th December 2021), Mike (28th November 2021), Nenuphar (22nd December 2021), Pam (28th November 2021), Peace in Oz (29th November 2021), Satori (28th November 2021), Sue (Ayt) (29th November 2021), thepainterdoug (28th November 2021), toppy (28th November 2021), wondering (28th November 2021), yelik (28th November 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

Default Re: Go visit the veterans, care for them

I agree the 'thank you for your service' is so glib and casual, it contains zero sincerity or gratitude, it is akin to 'have a nice day' which we so unconsciously trot out- I think primary school kids should be taken to all of the veteran and old age care homes on a regular basis, to give children a genuine education about how their freedom was won on their behalf. I feel that we should all try and visit these people, but here in Australia they have screwed down the rules so tightly, if you have not been Vaxxed for the Flu and C2 you are refused entry!
    Appalling.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th November 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (28th November 2021), Franny (29th November 2021), Gracy (28th November 2021), Hym (28th November 2021), iota (6th December 2021), Mashika (28th November 2021), Pam (28th November 2021), Peace in Oz (29th November 2021), Satori (28th November 2021), Sue (Ayt) (29th November 2021), thepainterdoug (28th November 2021), toppy (28th November 2021), wondering (28th November 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

If you see this, a funeral for a vetaran, it's so pretty and solemn and all that, but it lacks that thing, proper honor to the person while they were still alive! Nothing beats that. See these two examples

Korean veteran. He died and now all respect to him, but while alive, was he respected the same?

And see this one from Mexico, he was nothing but a low level soldier, but once he died, now he has a right for this? "Let's shoot some rounds on his honor". He was a WW2 veteran just like many others, but that meant nothing, oh but once he dies, now let's bring up all his achievements, right?

What about all those Vietnam and Korean war veterans that are just there on the streets, forgotten and watching life go by day by day, in poverty and dying slowly? What about them?

I have seen and read about how veterans from Korea and Vietnam are basically thrown away and treated as "ill" and mad people, and denied all ways of a decent life. How come?
    Last edited by Mashika; 28th November 2021 at 07:38.
    Tired

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th November 2021), Franny (29th November 2021), Gracy (28th November 2021), Hym (28th November 2021), iota (6th December 2021), Pam (28th November 2021), Peace in Oz (29th November 2021), thepainterdoug (28th November 2021), toppy (28th November 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

And this one, it's even more special

I have some friends in the Mexican army, and i have wondered several times "when will the time come from me to stand there watching as my friend gets carried away?"

By the way, those soldiers are not bad at playing the trumpet no, it's part of the ceremony, they play bad and untuned so as to mean "everything is on disarray and sad, broken right now". That's why they sound like that

But again, wouldn't it had been better to avoid the entire thing, or treat them better? I just don't get it now. I used to think different, but by now i just don't see it, it's hypocrisy at the most higher levels, that's all i see
    Tired

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th November 2021), Franny (29th November 2021), Gracy (28th November 2021), Hym (28th November 2021), iota (6th December 2021), Pam (28th November 2021), Peace in Oz (29th November 2021), thepainterdoug (28th November 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

And this, go tell them how much important they are, how much you care. It seems like "That person did that and this and other and then dies last week" so now we are going to care and make news out of it

F*ck you if you think like that

Go do this! Truly care, or not at all, but stop being fake! I want to see the US Veterans treated like this, nothing else or less is acceptable!

Why i'm angry ha ha! Oh yes i know why, i watched a documentary of US veterans living on the streets and dying out their asking for money on the streets, while having terrible illnesses and being rejected from society ever since they returned from the war. That's why
    Tired

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th November 2021), Franny (29th November 2021), Gracy (28th November 2021), Hym (28th November 2021), iota (6th December 2021), Pam (28th November 2021), Sue (Ayt) (29th November 2021), thepainterdoug (28th November 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

such a good post mashika. yes indeed to just do this. isnt it unreal how these people did this most regrettable and incredible service, justified or not, FOR ALL OF US! and then get thrown out in the trash.
    Further reasoning for my recent post.
    bless you
    pd

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th November 2021), Franny (29th November 2021), Hym (28th November 2021), iota (6th December 2021), Mashika (29th November 2021), Peace in Oz (29th November 2021), Satori (28th November 2021), Sue (Ayt) (29th November 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,734 times in 2,089 posts

I'm commander of an American legion post and a vet. On several motorcycle runs to the Va facilities where they have long term care we go and just visit the vets that live there. A former Vietnam veteran friend of mine told me just go visit, he emphasised to me that all the vets there just want someone to talk too. After doing just that in several different states I realized he was spot on. Take an afternoon and walk the halls, go room to room , you will find a treasure trove of human beings from all walks of life, stories to tell and smiles to share, they are so happy you are there to visit them. And you will be glad you did once you decided to create that experience and spend an afternoon of a moment in time.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd December 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (28th November 2021), Franny (29th November 2021), Gracy (28th November 2021), Hym (28th November 2021), iota (6th December 2021), Mashika (29th November 2021), Peace in Oz (29th November 2021), Satori (28th November 2021), Sue (Ayt) (29th November 2021), wondering (28th November 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

During the long haul years of watching over my gramma in her Assisted Living Facility, without even meaning to I wound up being in some very special relationships with quite a few people. Three of them were veterans, and two of them chose to share some of their wartime memories. You know it's kind of funny that way with a lot of vets, when they're still healthy and out on their own, a lot of them choose to keep it all inside, but once it's getting down to the final lap or two around the track, and they're lonely, they start to open up about some things.

They need to at that stage, it's important to them.

I'm not even sure how much official appreciation is needed, from my experiences there anyway, just showing them the respect of sitting down, and listening, was what they really needed.

Oh lordy I'll never forget Betty. I first noticed her because she was down to one leg, was usually off by herself, and one day I just went over to say hey, how ya doin? Turned out she was one of the original WAVES (Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service) from World War 2, her specialty was in communications, and she just so happened to have been stationed at Pearl Harbor in December of 1941. Mind you she didn't spring that on me right away, it was only after many other casual conversations about basically nothing, just visiting.

Then one day she just started telling me this out of the blue, and those 90 something years old eyes started watering up as she described what it was like being on duty that terrible day. I mostly just listened, and held her hand as she went along. That's what she wanted, she wanted a kind ear to tell her story to.

Incidentally, and this is very interesting! Soon as I realized where she had been, when she had been there, and the job she had, I had a burning question for her but thought it best to wait for a while, let the whole thing breath for a bit so to speak, before asking it. When the time felt right a couple or so weeks later, we did our usual few minutes of chit chat, and not knowing if the question might piss her off out of patriotic duty, as delicately as possible I asked her if she thought there was any way that President Roosevelt may have possibly known of the impending attack before it happened.

As I held my breath, she sat back in her comfy wheelchair, and there went those old eyes again going back through the mists of time, remembering.

I gave her all the time she needed, maybe 30 seconds or so, then she looked me straight in the eye and slowly said "well, I don't know how he couldn't have known they were coming, because I knew".

At that time I thought it best just to thank her for her memory of that, smiled, and changed the subject. But inside I was dumbfounded! This is someone who is not in the conspiracy world at all, this is simply someone who was there on the scene, and knows what she knows because of her position at the time.

Betty died a short time later, as many of them did over the years. I went in one day, didn't see her around, asked about it, and sure enough she was gone. The family had taken possession of her and were making their own plans, was never a chance to say goodbye even if it were at her funeral.

And there was Tom. I actually met ole Tom quite by accident! Gramma and I were headed to the back patio for some sun and fresh air, and in passing I thought I recognized him and said something like "hey there!" He wound up joining us outside, but within a couple of minutes it started to dawn of me that this isn't the person you thought it was ROFL. But oh well, looks like a new friend has been accidentally made, so let's roll with it!

Tom was like the nicest guy in the world, and I warmed to him instantly. He was also lonely (as so many of them are). He almost seemed too young and vibrant to be there.

I've always been the kind of person that people just start telling me stuff, even strangers will sometimes just start telling me some very personal details about their lives, things usually reserved for close friends and/or family. It wasn't long before Tom started telling World War 2 stories of his own.

He quickly became one of my favorites, and it didn't take long to realize he was someone who really should write a book. I even offered to bring him all the writing material he would ever need to make his stories a part of history, but he just wanted to talk, and be listened to. So listened to he was.

The two main stories that still stick in my mind to this day are 1) the impression that was made upon him when he actually met the great Gen. George Patton out in the field as a young Lieutenant. They actually shook hands officer to officer, and that deep honor stayed with him for a lifetime. And 2) Kind of the darker side of war, the part that conveniently gets left out of all the glorious war stories, celebrations, and commemorations. He told of how young they were, how green they were, and that most of them really hadn't the foggiest idea about what kind of a living hell they were marching into once the glorious send off was gone.

He told me of how utterly terrified so many of the kids were (including himself) once the bullets were whizzing at them, and seeing friends around them getting ripped to shreds. I can only imagine... But anyway, he even said many of them would get so desperate to get the hell out of there that they would resort to actions like sacrificing an arm for instance, as in if you're using a tree as cover in a firefight, to stick an arm out and hope it gets hit. Even if you wind up losing it, at least you're gonna live, and you're going home.

Not the kind of thing militaries like to talk about...

Well one day I went in, and didn't seen him at his usual spot in the dining area where people visit and socialize, so I went to check on him in his room. He just didn't look right, didn't sound right, and when I pressed him a bit for what's going on, he informed me that he has cancer with only a few weeks to live. Oh boy... he was never the same from then on out, became very withdrawn, and he wasn't kidding about that few weeks to live diagnosis. Not more than 2-3 weeks later I found him set up in a different room, and with a Hospice nurse.

Lordy, I've never seen someone waste away so quickly, literally being devoured by that cancer. There was only one thing I could think of to maybe cheer him up a bit on his way out. I went and bought him a radio, and three cd's from his era I thought he may enjoy from the days of his youth. I got him Frank Sinatra, Benny Goodman, and The Andrew Sisters. And worked it DID cheer him up a bit, but he was going so fast. A couple days later I checked in on him, and he was unconscious, already breathing with the death rattle. But the hospice nurse was still playing his music for whatever part of him internally could still appreciate it (I still play those cd's from time to time, and think about him).

The next morning I sat upright in bed, and just knew I had to get over there immediately! But it was already too late, Tom had died right about the time I had suddenly awakened. There he was, dead in his bed and waiting for the funeral home pick up, with the ever steadfast Hospice nurse by the bedside. But at least he was at peace, no more of that god awful death rattle labored breathing.

Well Malisa, he did get that nice military send off that you speak of at the VA veterans cemetery where he was to be buried. I had actually only known him for a few short weeks before he got sick and died, but it was like saying goodbye to an old friend. And geez the tears are running as I describe this, some of those old folks really left an impression, especially Tom. (time to blow my nose)

I guess the bottom line to this is that the old vets don't necessarily need accolades, just something like a friendly ear can mean the world to them.

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    I'm commander of an American legion post and a vet. On several motorcycle runs to the Va facilities where they have long term care we go and just visit the vets that live there. A former Vietnam veteran friend of mine told me just go visit, he emphasised to me that all the vets there just want someone to talk too. After doing just that in several different states I realized he was spot on. Take an afternoon and walk the halls, go room to room , you will find a treasure trove of human beings from all walks of life, stories to tell and smiles to share, they are so happy you are there to visit them. And you will be glad you did once you decided to create that experience and spend an afternoon of a moment in time.
    Exactly!

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,643 times in 276 posts

Private Francis Joseph Quinn - bottom right, shot through both legs and one arm, gassed with mustard gas for good measure... He then crawled a mile through mud and dead soldiers, captured and pictured here in 1916 in a POW camp in France.

His name was Joe Quinn. It still is...

I'd be grateful if you'd say his name for me please.

My Grandfather... gone but not forgotten.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1636638025554.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	48004
    Last edited by 42; 29th November 2021 at 01:33.
    Love is all you need

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 42 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd December 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (29th November 2021), Franny (29th November 2021), Gracy (29th November 2021), Hym (29th November 2021), I am B (29th November 2021), iota (6th December 2021), Mashika (29th November 2021), Peace in Oz (29th November 2021), Sue (Ayt) (29th November 2021)

18. Link to Post #10
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 42 (here)
    Private Francis Joseph Quinn - bottom right, shot through both legs and one arm, gassed with mustard gas for good measure... He then crawled a mile through mud and dead soldiers, captured and pictured here in 1916 in a POW camp in France.

Attachment 48004
    Private Francis Joseph Quinn

Never Forget!
    Tired

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

42 (30th November 2021), Bill Ryan (23rd December 2021), iota (6th December 2021), Sue (Ayt) (30th November 2021)

20. Link to Post #11
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy (here)
    During the long haul years of watching over my gramma in her Assisted Living Facility, without even meaning to I wound up being in some very special relationships with quite a few people. Three of them were veterans, and two of them chose to share some of their wartime memories. You know it's kind of funny that way with a lot of vets, when they're still healthy and out on their own, a lot of them choose to keep it all inside, but once it's getting down to the final lap or two around the track, and they're lonely, they start to open up about some things.

They need to at that stage, it's important to them.

I'm not even sure how much official appreciation is needed, from my experiences there anyway, just showing them the respect of sitting down, and listening, was what they really needed.

Oh lordy I'll never forget Betty. I first noticed her because she was down to one leg, was usually off by herself, and one day I just went over to say hey, how ya doin? Turned out she was one of the original WAVES (Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service) from World War 2, her specialty was in communications, and she just so happened to have been stationed at Pearl Harbor in December of 1941. Mind you she didn't spring that on me right away, it was only after many other casual conversations about basically nothing, just visiting.

Then one day she just started telling me this out of the blue, and those 90 something years old eyes started watering up as she described what it was like being on duty that terrible day. I mostly just listened, and held her hand as she went along. That's what she wanted, she wanted a kind ear to tell her story to.

Incidentally, and this is very interesting! Soon as I realized where she had been, when she had been there, and the job she had, I had a burning question for her but thought it best to wait for a while, let the whole thing breath for a bit so to speak, before asking it. When the time felt right a couple or so weeks later, we did our usual few minutes of chit chat, and not knowing if the question might piss her off out of patriotic duty, as delicately as possible I asked her if she thought there was any way that President Roosevelt may have possibly known of the impending attack before it happened.

As I held my breath, she sat back in her comfy wheelchair, and there went those old eyes again going back through the mists of time, remembering.

I gave her all the time she needed, maybe 30 seconds or so, then she looked me straight in the eye and slowly said "well, I don't know how he couldn't have known they were coming, because I knew".

At that time I thought it best just to thank her for her memory of that, smiled, and changed the subject. But inside I was dumbfounded! This is someone who is not in the conspiracy world at all, this is simply someone who was there on the scene, and knows what she knows because of her position at the time.

Betty died a short time later, as many of them did over the years. I went in one day, didn't see her around, asked about it, and sure enough she was gone. The family had taken possession of her and were making their own plans, was never a chance to say goodbye even if it were at her funeral.

And there was Tom. I actually met ole Tom quite by accident! Gramma and I were headed to the back patio for some sun and fresh air, and in passing I thought I recognized him and said something like "hey there!" He wound up joining us outside, but within a couple of minutes it started to dawn of me that this isn't the person you thought it was ROFL. But oh well, looks like a new friend has been accidentally made, so let's roll with it!

Tom was like the nicest guy in the world, and I warmed to him instantly. He was also lonely (as so many of them are). He almost seemed too young and vibrant to be there.

I've always been the kind of person that people just start telling me stuff, even strangers will sometimes just start telling me some very personal details about their lives, things usually reserved for close friends and/or family. It wasn't long before Tom started telling World War 2 stories of his own.

He quickly became one of my favorites, and it didn't take long to realize he was someone who really should write a book. I even offered to bring him all the writing material he would ever need to make his stories a part of history, but he just wanted to talk, and be listened to. So listened to he was.

The two main stories that still stick in my mind to this day are 1) the impression that was made upon him when he actually met the great Gen. George Patton out in the field as a young Lieutenant. They actually shook hands officer to officer, and that deep honor stayed with him for a lifetime. And 2) Kind of the darker side of war, the part that conveniently gets left out of all the glorious war stories, celebrations, and commemorations. He told of how young they were, how green they were, and that most of them really hadn't the foggiest idea about what kind of a living hell they were marching into once the glorious send off was gone.

He told me of how utterly terrified so many of the kids were (including himself) once the bullets were whizzing at them, and seeing friends around them getting ripped to shreds. I can only imagine... But anyway, he even said many of them would get so desperate to get the hell out of there that they would resort to actions like sacrificing an arm for instance, as in if you're using a tree as cover in a firefight, to stick an arm out and hope it gets hit. Even if you wind up losing it, at least you're gonna live, and you're going home.

Not the kind of thing militaries like to talk about...

Well one day I went in, and didn't seen him at his usual spot in the dining area where people visit and socialize, so I went to check on him in his room. He just didn't look right, didn't sound right, and when I pressed him a bit for what's going on, he informed me that he has cancer with only a few weeks to live. Oh boy... he was never the same from then on out, became very withdrawn, and he wasn't kidding about that few weeks to live diagnosis. Not more than 2-3 weeks later I found him set up in a different room, and with a Hospice nurse.

Lordy, I've never seen someone waste away so quickly, literally being devoured by that cancer. There was only one thing I could think of to maybe cheer him up a bit on his way out. I went and bought him a radio, and three cd's from his era I thought he may enjoy from the days of his youth. I got him Frank Sinatra, Benny Goodman, and The Andrew Sisters. And worked it DID cheer him up a bit, but he was going so fast. A couple days later I checked in on him, and he was unconscious, already breathing with the death rattle. But the hospice nurse was still playing his music for whatever part of him internally could still appreciate it (I still play those cd's from time to time, and think about him).

The next morning I sat upright in bed, and just knew I had to get over there immediately! But it was already too late, Tom had died right about the time I had suddenly awakened. There he was, dead in his bed and waiting for the funeral home pick up, with the ever steadfast Hospice nurse by the bedside. But at least he was at peace, no more of that god awful death rattle labored breathing.

Well Malisa, he did get that nice military send off that you speak of at the VA veterans cemetery where he was to be buried. I had actually only known him for a few short weeks before he got sick and died, but it was like saying goodbye to an old friend. And geez the tears are running as I describe this, some of those old folks really left an impression, especially Tom. (time to blow my nose)

I guess the bottom line to this is that the old vets don't necessarily need accolades, just something like a friendly ear can mean the world to them.

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    Exactly!
    I do understand what you say, and how it bring them and continues to keep their memories alive. There is a second aspect to it that i talked about before, and probably it is because of culture differences between us

For me it's very important, to let them know they are still equally important, not forgotten and equally valuable as they were back then. They are still soldiers, they are still who they were, not just a memory of who they were back then. We make sure they are treated as just the same, even if they can't perform their job anymore, but if you were such person back then, we stand in front of them and treat them as the person they were at their time, or prime. And they like that because they want to be, they don't want to be 'the past'. I don't know if that makes sense, but please watch this video, it may help to make things clear

Tired

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

42 (30th November 2021), Bill Ryan (23rd December 2021), Gracy (30th November 2021), Sue (Ayt) (30th November 2021)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by Malisa (here)
    I do understand what you say, and how it bring them and continues to keep their memories alive. There is a second aspect to it that i talked about before, and probably it is because of culture differences between us

For me it's very important, to let them know they are still equally important, not forgotten and equally valuable as they were back then. They are still soldiers, they are still who they were, not just a memory of who they were back then. We make sure they are treated as just the same, even if they can't perform their job anymore, but if you were such person back then, we stand in front of them and treat them as the person they were at their time, or prime. And they like that because they want to be, they don't want to be 'the past'. I don't know if that makes sense, but please watch this video, it may help to make things clear

I understand exactly Malisa, and I applaud your culture for celebrating veterans while they're still alive!

You know, I've long wondered why my culture waits until they die to honor and celebrate them. I would absolutely cheer on my culture starting to take on more of how y'all do this, but it ain't happening any time soon.

Do you honor and celebrate non veterans as well? I think I probably already know the answer to that.

Over here we used to honor our elders, they would take they're rightful seat at the head of the table on special occasions, commanded much respect and such; but any more our families are disjointed and fragmented, life is fast paced, and all too often our elders just get dumped off to a home at that certain point, and all but forgotten until they die. It's very sad.

23. Link to Post #13
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy (here)

I understand exactly Malisa, and I applaud your culture for celebrating veterans while they're still alive!

You know, I've long wondered why my culture waits until they die to honor and celebrate them. I would absolutely cheer on my culture starting to take on more of how y'all do this, but it ain't happening any time soon.

Do you honor and celebrate non veterans as well? I think I probably already know the answer to that.

Over here we used to honor our elders, they would take they're rightful seat at the head of the table on special occasions, commanded much respect and such; but any more our families are disjointed and fragmented, life is fast paced, and all too often our elders just get dumped off to a home at that certain point, and all but forgotten until they die. It's very sad.
    For the most part, we still live under the "grand parents are the head of the family" way of life, but it has started to change more into how other countries handle it, and i know that a lot more people start taking the practice of sending their elders into social houses or retirement homes. This is very bad looked in Russia, but since people move now to bigger cities more and more, they feel they can do it to "start a new life" and basically turn into terrible people. Traditionally, someone who sent their parents to a social house or something like that, would be considered a terrible human being, and rejected by most people after that, because everyone knows how those places are and most likely the home that person lives on, used to belong to the elder in the first place, so it's considered like taking advantage of the elder family member.

People moving from the old/small towns into bigger cities is breaking and changing this culture and tradition, since now you can just say "we are moving" then send your elder to a social house somewhere, and then you move to the city on your own and get a nice new apartment somewhere. I find that despicable. It will probably continue to happen until it becomes "the standard" as in other places
    Tired

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd December 2021), Gracy (1st December 2021)

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Quote Posted by 42 (here)

Attachment 48004
    Private Francis Joseph Quinn may God rest his soul and may he know his country is grateful for his service!

Last edited by iota; 6th December 2021 at 20:35. Reason: no edits after all
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

42 (26th December 2021), Bill Ryan (23rd December 2021), Mashika (6th December 2021)

27. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

i support Masha's noble desires, i have many i love that serve or have served as well. and both my grandfather and dad served.

my grandfather was then a policeman who died in the line of duty. he was a valiant man ... but additionally? he had morals and compassion and integrity

little grieves me more than to see or hear of officers desecrating the office and laws he gave his life for to uphold

my grandfather was killed in the line of duty ... he had just walked a lady to her car at the bank after hours as he regularly did .. and then stopped to render aid to someone who then turned around and shot him point blank

a tragic end for an exemplary life that hurts my heart to this day ...

We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd December 2021), Mashika (7th December 2021)

29. Link to Post #16
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

This is probably something lots of people would not get, or care, but that's perfectly fine

On minute 1:07 you can see. Who knows how many memories went through him, at that moment, yet he was so happy to be acknowledged and remembered, by fellow soldiers...

I wonder if people have not realised yet, in the western countries, that most of the elders in ex-soviet states look like they could be no older than 60 or so, and strong enough unlike people in other countries from back then (ww2), i guess they don't get it yet. Most of these people were 12 or so at the time of WW2, not 18, 20, 25 or whatever

The reason you see them alive and walking and strong still, is because a lot of the Russian/Soviet soldiers that defeated the nazi back then at the end of the second world war, were between 12 and 16 year old kids. I bet that's not written on your "history" books

Last edited by Mashika; 19th December 2021 at 11:31.
    Tired

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd December 2021), Satori (19th December 2021), Sue (Ayt) (19th December 2021), thepainterdoug (19th December 2021), wondering (19th December 2021)

31. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

majestic people! god bless them. i followed along , I do not speak russian.

thanks!!

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd December 2021), Mashika (22nd December 2021), wondering (19th December 2021)

33. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 811 posts

it's very very simple see?
    Yes it is very simple .... much the same as the current war on people.
    All are told exactly what to think and thus to do.
    And they blindly do it .... no matter the 'cost to others'.
    And that is on ALL sides (.... sides a stupid concept unless it is "No empathy" vs "With empathy").

What if they hadn't/didn't do what the propaganda told them to do?

Would the 'world' be a better place or worst?

If 'science' hadn't created that which it has done since the 90's .... Would the 'world' be better or worse?

And I will not 'clap' for the NHS either.

Normal..!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to lake For This Post:

thepainterdoug (19th December 2021)

35. Link to Post #19
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lake (here)
    it's very very simple see?
    Yes it is very simple .... much the same as the current war on people.
    And that is on ALL sides (.... sides a stupid concept unless it is "No empathy" vs "With empathy").

What if they hadn't/didn't do what the propaganda told them to do?

Would the 'world' be a better place or worst?

If 'science' hadn't created that which it has done since the 90's .... Would the 'world' be better or worse?

And I will not 'clap' for the NHS either.

The reasons why a person went to war, and the sacrifice that person made, are two very different things

A lot of the people who went to war in WW2, did because they saw their families or other people dying around them, and their country/towns devastated, they took arms to force a stop to it, even without joining any army at all

Thats why things like "The Resistance" concept exists. Not everyone goes there as a minion, some people do fight because they don't want to see their people disappear

Quote Yes it is very simple .... much the same as the current war on people.
    No one fights for the people, not even the people, according to this, since everyone that fights are "do it blind no matter the cost to others"

Hard to fight then

Quote What if they hadn't/didn't do what the propaganda told them to do?
    Everything is propaganda, even the people that fights for the people are under it in one way or another

How do separate the ones doing the good fight, for the ones doing the bad fight? Does it depend on the flavor of propaganda you like the most?
    Tired

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd December 2021), lake (23rd December 2021)

37. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 811 posts

The reasons why a person went to war, and the sacrifice that person made, are two very different things

A lot of the people who went to war in WW2, did because they saw their families or other people dying around them, and their country/towns devastated, they took arms to force a stop to it, even without joining any army at all

Thats why things like "The Resistance" concept exists. Not everyone goes there as a minion, some people do fight because they don't want to see their people disappear

Quote Yes it is very simple .... much the same as the current war on people.
    No one fights for the people, not even the people, according to this, since everyone that fights are "do it blind no matter the cost to others"

Hard to fight then

Quote What if they hadn't/didn't do what the propaganda told them to do?
    Everything is propaganda, even the people that fights for the people are under it in one way or another

How do separate the ones doing the good fight, for the ones doing the bad fight? Does it depend on the flavor of propaganda you like the most?
    I do not disagree with your post but you are not addressing mine.

If all those invading forces had said NO then there would be no need for a resistance …. there would be NO people dying and NO families would see such as you say.

It is through the lack of thought and blind compliance that the invading force can even exist!

All wars are rich men's wars …. If the UK media/government began right now a campaign stating that (pick a country …. it matters not which) Sweden had done such awful things …. and promoted it for the next few months …. and they cut off access to knowledge from Sweden (but then most wouldn’t even look for knowledge they would just believe what was told by the media) …. The UK media/government could end up creating a war with Sweden and the mass would go blindly along with it. In fact the UK could invoke national service again and the mass would be happy about it. There would maybe be a million march through London against it …. but nothing would come of it and the mass would give white feathers to those who refused to go to Sweden and kill them!

I half expect next year to be given a ‘white feather’ for cowardice as I will not be injected with their subservience!

IF …. what is being done plays out as they wish …. then in the future (on government allowed forums with very strict control) we may read posts with a title such as:

~~~~~~~~

Go Visit The Veterans

In the Great Pandemic, so many fought to save those dying from the terrible disease and now they need your respect. They stood within the heart of the virus with no time to dance and were always putting others first by trying to vaccinate them as the Science decreed. Even when so many fell to the unvaxxed, they did not stop injecting all those they could. Our brave forces subjugated the anti Science, anti knowledge minority …. we do not miss them. We miss those lost to the anti Science in that terrible time of deceit by an anti diverse few who lost their minds to the propaganda of social media and forums back then. We will never let that happen again …. We must look at the past as a cleaning out of those who only respected their selfish individualism and not the cleanlinesses of our safe and sanitised Great World State.

Those veterans are heroes of our age and while looked after by our Great World State now …. You must give your respect to those who wore the mask of service to others and defeated the plague by their constant injection, month by month, of the life giving immune system to all those who had the intelligence to listen to the Science and not die by doing their own research!

The State is our parents and the Science is our LORD.

<<<15Screditsforupvotedownvotedisallowed>>>

~~~~~~~~~

So back to my point …. If the mass of people just said NO I WILL NOT GO AND KILL OTHERS BECAUSE YOU TELL ME TO …. then maybe we wouldn’t have had millions die in the past and wouldn’t be in the position we are now?
    Normal..!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast