1. Link to Post #21
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Default Re: Go visit the veterans, care for them

Quote Posted by lake (here)
    I do not disagree with your post but you are not addressing mine.
    I did that on purpose

On this thread, i tried to bring up a point, that veterans are left to suffer on their own the terrible consequences of the war, that there is no one there most times to make them find a way back to who they were.

There is no one to help you keep yourself together at midnight once you fall asleep and then dream of dead people
    There is no one to help you once you wake up and look out the window and try to go out and remember all day those images and the sun doesn't shine anymore
    There is no one to help if the people around you say "get over it" or "you are alive and it's all that matters" or "smile and you will feel better"
    There is no one to help when you feel you can't go on anymore, and the shadow of the friends who didn't made it back won't go away day by day
    There is no one to help when you cry alone because you understand now that most people don't care or want to know about that stuff you saw out there. It's meaningless to them, they want to have happy memories only, so they shield away from you
    There is no one to help when you are declined a job because the person in hiring sees you are a war veteran and thinks "this person may go crazy anytime, rather not have that problem"
    And so on and so on

And all of that, can be easily avoided. So the veteran doesn't end up living a miserable life away from everything, and becomes a functional person in society, and then goes to live a happy life, as far as can be in any case

What i wanted to bring up to attention, is how that's not happening since long ago, and how it ends up the total opposite

And that, has very little to do with the reasons war happens the way it happens. I'm talking about the people *after* they are home, and the consequences, not the causes. I'm talking about the person itself, sitting there watching life passing by in tremendous internal pain and loneliness, and the rejection and lack of will to do anything about it anymore after they figure out they are 'unwanted' now. I'm talking about how it feels to believe one thing and then returning home "hero" for 5 minutes and then suddenly find that now you had your 15 minutes of fake-fame and you are expected to never show up again anywhere and no one wants you around

That's what i'm posting this thread

Why is all that happening is a completely different post, it could actually maybe go into this other thread. That one may be more appropriate for what you have posted here
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...-Beautiful-war

Quote If all those invading forces had said NO then there would be no need for a resistance …. there would be NO people dying and NO families would see such as you say.

It is through the lack of thought and blind compliance that the invading force can even exist!

All wars are rich men's wars …. If the UK media/government began right now a campaign stating that (pick a country …. it matters not which) Sweden had done such awful things …. and promoted it for the next few months …. and they cut off access to knowledge from Sweden (but then most wouldn’t even look for knowledge they would just believe what was told by the media) …. The UK media/government could end up creating a war with Sweden and the mass would go blindly along with it. In fact the UK could invoke national service again and the mass would be happy about it. There would maybe be a million march through London against it …. but nothing would come of it and the mass would give white feathers to those who refused to go to Sweden and kill them!

I half expect next year to be given a ‘white feather’ for cowardice as I will not be injected with their subservience!

IF …. what is being done plays out as they wish …. then in the future (on government allowed forums with very strict control) we may read posts with a title such as:

~~~~~~~~

Go Visit The Veterans

In the Great Pandemic, so many fought to save those dying from the terrible disease and now they need your respect. They stood within the heart of the virus with no time to dance and were always putting others first by trying to vaccinate them as the Science decreed. Even when so many fell to the unvaxxed, they did not stop injecting all those they could. Our brave forces subjugated the anti Science, anti knowledge minority …. we do not miss them. We miss those lost to the anti Science in that terrible time of deceit by an anti diverse few who lost their minds to the propaganda of social media and forums back then. We will never let that happen again …. We must look at the past as a cleaning out of those who only respected their selfish individualism and not the cleanlinesses of our safe and sanitised Great World State.

Those veterans are heroes of our age and while looked after by our Great World State now …. You must give your respect to those who wore the mask of service to others and defeated the plague by their constant injection, month by month, of the life giving immune system to all those who had the intelligence to listen to the Science and not die by doing their own research!

The State is our parents and the Science is our LORD.

<<<15Screditsforupvotedownvotedisallowed>>>

~~~~~~~~~

So back to my point …. If the mass of people just said NO I WILL NOT GO AND KILL OTHERS BECAUSE YOU TELL ME TO …. then maybe we wouldn’t have had millions die in the past and wouldn’t be in the position we are now?
    It can always be said "what if" but once you are at the receiving end of the bullets, please understand that there is no "what if" anymore, it is how it is. That's all there is to it, final. Pick it up and do something about it or lay down and wait for the bullet at the back of your head, those are the two choices

In a war zone, there is no 'what if' there is only death, you or the other person trying to kill you. At that point, politics and the reasons why it's happening is of no matter at all

If you get shot, there's no "wait, i have something to say". You are not going to be talking to anyone anymore, and that's reality, brutal, no complains, no expectations anymore, nothing. You are going to hit the floor hard and the last thing in your mind will NOT be "but if they had not come" or "All wars are rich men's wars". That's the last of your concern at that time as you spit blood all over the place and can't breath. It's brutal and it won't stop because nothing will make it stop until you are dead

This is not about why war happens, but about taking care of the people who got damaged by it
    Last edited by Mashika; 24th December 2021 at 06:59.
    Tired

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

42 (26th December 2021), Bill Ryan (24th December 2021), Gracy (24th December 2021), lake (24th December 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

This is a veteran, but on a different situation, he's not around to tell us the story or be on the receiving end of a "thank you" of any kind.

But look at him being strong and firm, and smart, and fearless. This is a soldier i can admire greatly and i do. So thank you US Special Forces Combat Controller Mark A Forester. You show a path for what to be a great fearless warrior truly means and is.

Thank you so much, with big respect

Perhaps this thread title should be changed to "We should pay real respect for our war veterans"
    Tired

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th December 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

And just for purposes of coming clean about it here, watch this one, but warning about it, this do shows someone getting shot, a US soldier somewhere in the middle east. This may not be appropriate for everyone. But please let it be here so that it brings context into what a "veteran of war" truly is

Real war is not a 'gotcha' game, unlike some people tend to feel about or believe in general

And these last two videos are not even close to showing the true brutal nature of it all. These are available freely on Youtube! That should tell you all
    Tired

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th December 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,044 times in 9,938 posts

Default Re: We should pay real respect for our war veterans

https://twitter.com/jaccocharite/sta...73289615560704

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th May 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2