+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winter 2021 Book list: great Holiday gifts? What do you recommend?

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

Default Winter 2021 Book list: great Holiday gifts? What do you recommend?

Hi All,

with the holidays coming up, I thought it might be nice to get some winter reading inspiration. Do you have a favorite book to recommend? Please let us know.

As some kind people recently reminded me, one of the authors I'm adding to my list is

William Buhlman's book "Higher Self Now"

Other authors to consider:

Richard Wagamese "One Drum" and "what comes from spirit (Native American wisdom)

Ardy Sixkiller Clarke "encounters with star people" (ufology, native american, 4 books)

David Icke "Perceptions of a Renegade Mind" (religious controversy, new age, occult)

and then a favourite:

Paramahansa Yoganada "Autobiography of a Yogi" (spirituality)

Happy reading!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to truthseek For This Post:

Bluegreen (29th November 2021), Franny (29th November 2021), Hym (28th November 2021), palehorse (28th November 2021), selinam (28th November 2021), Wind (5th December 2021), wondering (28th November 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,563 times in 1,590 posts

Default Re: Winter 2021 Book list: great Holiday gifts? What do you recommend?

Tertium Organum (The third canon of thought - A key to the enigmas of the world) by Pyotr Demianovich Ouspenskii (aka P. D. Ouspensky), originally published in 1912 in Russian, and in 1920 in English, nowadays you can find translations in all languages and it is for sale on internet on most big bookstores.

Some critics says it is new age crap stuff, "MYSTICAL THEOSOPHY", but I gave it a shot and read it for one reason and only one (Mathematics of Chaos "the infinite" and Pure Logic), but I found out that the book was amazing and cover a lot more subjects that are important like consciousness, morality, space and time, reality, natural laws, etc.., I was really surprised after finishing it.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bluegreen (29th November 2021), Franny (29th November 2021), Hym (28th November 2021), leavesoftrees (29th November 2021), selinam (28th November 2021), truthseek (29th November 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot (consciousness, reality, science)
    Hallucinations by Oliver Sacks (consciousness, reality)
    The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle (consciousness, “self - help”)

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Forever For This Post:

Bluegreen (29th November 2021), Franny (29th November 2021), Hym (28th November 2021), leavesoftrees (29th November 2021), selinam (28th November 2021), truthseek (29th November 2021), Wind (5th December 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,579 times in 569 posts

Here are two books I published via Amazon for a friend who wants to remain anonymous.

The Inconsequential Child: Overcoming Emotional Neglect
    An intimate memoir of one man's journey of self-discovery. The book is written in the form of a letter where each chapter conveys one of the lessons the author has learned during his journey toward emotional well-being, love and hope. The book centers around a series of memories which were the basis of the author's personal psychoanalysis. The memories are written as he remembers them; in his voice, often in first-person, present tense.

The author also offers both real-time and post analysis of the memories that have guided him through his journey. As such, the Inconsequential Child is not a self-help book. Instead, it is a book of possibility. The possibility that you too can heal as you walk along your path toward self-discovery. Also, please note that the author is not a medical professional and he is using a pseudonym.

My Kid, My Shadow: Fewer Triggers, Better Parenting, Less Guilt
    Does your kid trigger you? Is he or she struggling, unhappy, lost, or just having a tough time? Are you wondering what you did wrong? Too many parents find themselves in this situation. They are frustrated and feel guilty because they believe they have failed their children and don’t know how to fix it.

This book delves deeply into the root cause of these problems and offers a life-changing method for resolving the issues at their source. As you read ‘My Kid, My Shadow’, you will come to understand the mechanisms at play when parents and children interact, and you will learn why children push their parent’s buttons so easily. You will see that this whole process is all so very normal, and you will realize that you are not the only parent who is struggling.

‘My Kid, My Shadow’ is more than just a parenting book. It is a book of self-awareness and self-discovery. It is based on Carl Jung’s work on Shadow identification and Shadow integration. It describes these concepts and processes in simple, pragmatic ways. If you are interested in pursuing inner consciousness work and self-discovery, you will find the information in this book tangible, practical, and doable.

Amazon Link Here
    Last edited by Vangelo; 29th November 2021 at 03:19.
    Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

Bluegreen (29th November 2021), Franny (29th November 2021), truthseek (29th November 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,413 times in 10,154 posts

The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
    Last edited by Bluegreen; 29th November 2021 at 21:39.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

leavesoftrees (29th November 2021), truthseek (29th November 2021), Wind (5th December 2021)

+ Reply to Thread