+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to start your path to science?

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Where to start your path to science?

As a child, in addition to my love of creativity, I really liked the exact sciences. But at the moment I consider myself a layman in this. I would really like to know where to start studying the exact sciences on my own. I really like physics and the ability to describe life with precision and without magic (as much as possible).

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JackWhite For This Post:

aoibhghaire (30th November 2021), Franny (1st December 2021), Harmony (30th November 2021), Mashika (1st December 2021), Strat (1st December 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Aaland Avalon Member Blastolabs's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,351 times in 431 posts

Default Re: Where to start your path to science?

Start with the basics.

Science is one of many methods that can be used to attempt to understand how human being's "physical vehicle" interacts with the universe.

Physical vehicle = ("your body", Meat sack, temporary quantum 3 dimensional navigation device")

Real science is simple, REAL science can not be "true or false" because it simply makes observations and attempts.

The scientific method is elegant.

Science consists of observations, hypothesis that attempt to explain observations, create experiment that will create new observations, make new hypothesis based upon new observations.

experiments must be explained in a way that OTHER scientists CAN REPLICATE your experiment and have the same observations as you.

Scientific method requires
    replication and independent testing and verification.

I should not expect ANYONE to believe ANYTHING I say unless I am able to provide instructions so that they can replicate the same results I had, on their own, without me at all.

Does the FDA/ CDC ever do this?

It is extremely hard to go wrong when using these basic rules of science.

But but but, how did we get HERE, to 2021 where "science" says that evil inanimate matter know as viruses are OUT TO KILL YOU (despite being neither alive, nor able to move). We have been told that this evil virus just so happen to be written USING THE SAME EXACT language as all living things. This language is known as DNA / RNA

When is the last time that a virologist used the scientific method described above.

To date no replicated experiments have ever been run that show that viruses originate outside of living things and cause specific disease.

Virology is NOT science.

We have all heard that "the Sars-Cov-2" virus has "never been isolated"

Depending on your background there are TWO correct versions of this concept.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	hayinfectivitysmallpox.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	48017

For Virologists all that is needed to "isolate a new virus" is that a computer finds enough specific small chunks of DNA/RNA amongst the trillions of lines of DNA that exist in living things. If you can find enough tiny pieces and use a computer to combine them together into an already known pattern of tiny bits of DNA, you have "Isolated a Virus".

Keep in mind science has played no role in these actions by virologist.

Instead of running experiments making observations and changing your beliefs based on observation,

virologists say: Virus cause disease.

Scientists say show me a replicated experiment that shows that virus CAUSE disease.
    (There are no such experiments)

Name:  tildensmallpox2.gif
Views: 39
Size:  101.6 KB
    The idea of science has been used to enslave of for a long time, and REAL true pure science is one of the only way that we could ever free ourselves from the shackles

[IMG]Name:  sheripolio.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  46.5 KB[/IMG]

http://www.whale.to/a/hayinfectivitysmallpox.jpg
    Last edited by Blastolabs; 30th November 2021 at 19:59.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blastolabs For This Post:

angelfire (1st December 2021), Mashika (1st December 2021), Mike Gorman (1st December 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,103 times in 806 posts

I suggest to read The Electric Universe, Wallace Thornhill & David Talbott, 2007.
    And then, start to study The Feynman Lectures on Physics with critical mind.
    If you find difficulty of mathematics prevent you from understanding the concept, spend more time to learn mathematics until you are comfortable with.

https://www.khanacademy.org/ provides easy-to-follow platform for learning mathematics. If you good at math, you could master mathematics up to Grade 12 within half year.
    For free society!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hughe For This Post:

Mashika (1st December 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,983 times in 1,749 posts

I would recommend a book written by a British Biologist: Rupert Sheldrake, it is called :The Science Delusion. Let me explain a little, I resonate with your quest to better acquaint yourself with Science, but the fact is there are different schools in science, it is not just one monolithic body of knowledge which cannot be questioned, like 'this is a scientific fact, you can't argue it' - as others have said Science evolved from Philosophy, and is founded on the 'scientific method' which is a system of inquiry.

Another very interesting man of science (Freyman is a superb example I see someone has mentioned) is Arthur M Young,

Arthur Young is a good man to study because he was a genuine 'Engineer', he applied physics in a real, tangible and successful way; his later excursions into the more exotic areas of science are quite simply astounding. Best of luck with your quest to learn more about science and the natural philosophy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 times in 1,825 posts

I'm assuming you don't want to attend university so your next best thing is the library.

Go to your library and start reading. Find the names/titles of uni level text books, rent them and start reading. Youtube and documentaries are great for inspiration but they are no foundation.

Maybe check out sites like Udemy.com or something similar.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Strat For This Post:

11. Link to Post #6
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,825 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by JackWhite (here)
    As a child, in addition to my love of creativity, I really liked the exact sciences. But at the moment I consider myself a layman in this. I would really like to know where to start studying the exact sciences on my own. I really like physics and the ability to describe life with precision and without magic (as much as possible).
    Sites like edX have some courses you may find useful. Can't say how it truly works or how good they are as i never took one, but i have heard good things about them, and most are free unless you want some kind of diploma or certification. But i guess you would need to join and read the terms and so

https://www.edx.org/learn/science
    Quote Science is one of the most popular subjects on edX and online courses range from beginner to advanced levels. Areas of study include neuroscience, genotyping, DNA methylation, innovations in environmental science, modern astrophysics and more from top universities and institutions worldwide.
    Tired

+ Reply to Thread